It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cancellation updates
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
https://thehill.com/blogs/ITK/news/5077 ... hu0ybvEA5g

Ellen’s gotta go

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:17 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
https://thehill.com/blogs/ITK/news/507791-former-employees-of-ellen-degeneress-show-allege-toxic-work?fbclid=IwAR1Oz3E8hM0_H7l3pauAPNM4x0N-lucPmkQ9zRQJfj8_cP95ghu0ybvEA5g

Ellen’s gotta go

Been hearing that one for a while. That's a funny one if true considering her BE KIND thing and all.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
https://thehill.com/blogs/ITK/news/507791-former-employees-of-ellen-degeneress-show-allege-toxic-work?fbclid=IwAR1Oz3E8hM0_H7l3pauAPNM4x0N-lucPmkQ9zRQJfj8_cP95ghu0ybvEA5g

Ellen’s gotta go

Been hearing that one for a while. That's a funny one if true considering her BE KIND thing and all.

Toxic work environment . White people should’ve come in late .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Quote:
“That ‘be kind’ bullshit only happens when the cameras are on. It’s all for show,” one former employee told BuzzFeed News, referencing the host’s signature sign off. “I know they give money to people and help them out, but it’s for show.”

This should be far more instructive than it will end up being.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
“That ‘be kind’ bullshit only happens when the cameras are on. It’s all for show,” one former employee told BuzzFeed News, referencing the host’s signature sign off. “I know they give money to people and help them out, but it’s for show.”

This should be far more instructive than it will end up being.

wait, things that happen on a TV show are for show ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:16 pm 

After much consternation (from hypocrites such as CFMB's own JLN most notably) the whiteness poster has now been removed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertai ... story.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:19 pm 

Edmonton Eskimos.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/edmonton-cf ... -1.5027392

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:20 pm 

long time guy wrote:
After much consternation (from hypocrites such as CFMB's own JLN most notably) the whiteness poster has now been removed.

Who banned Dr Ken?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I don't think people should be thinking about race and making everything about race every second of every day. It's bound to go wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:25 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I don't think people should be thinking about race and making everything about race every second of every day. It's bound to go wrong.

Yeah there is a saturation point with everything but I also don't think that people should view race with 2 different lenses either.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Curious Hair wrote:

Someone should tell that to LTG, then.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:37 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Someone should tell that to LTG, then.

Polly want a cracker Hawk.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:45 pm 

T.F. South Rebels. I can not believe that name has lasted this long. As a side not every time they score a touch down they light off that fucking cannon right behind the visitor bench.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/ ... story.html

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
long time guy wrote:

Well, it was wildly racist, don't you think?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:03 am 

Spaulding wrote:
long time guy wrote:

If only the candor and outspokenness was as forthcoming when the bigotry wasn't blacks perpetrating it against whites. It was bigoted and I admitted it as much earlier. However in certain quarters here there wouldn't be the same level of honesty They'd spend days either arguing that it wasn't racist, ignore it, or claim that racism doesn't really effect the lives of blacks all that much.

It's old now. There are people here that push racist ideas just as easily as they take a shit (for guys like Hawk probably a strain I know) and you'd never get people (the very same people that wowed about my claim regarding the Rothschilds) to say anything.

At least be consistent about what is and isn't considered racist. To subjectively choose when it is that you see racism (As JLN and a few others around here do) is s form of racism in of itself.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:21 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
long time guy wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
long time guy wrote:

If only the candor and outspokenness was as forthcoming when the bigotry wasn't blacks perpetrating it against whites.

You're missing the point. You're a much more conservative guy than I am. I think you probably agree that the majority of items on that poster are simply good societal practices and historically progressive developments rather than something rooted in "whiteness". The idea that the values espoused on the poster are somehow the exclusive purview of whites seems like propaganda that would be promoted by Nazis or the KKK.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:27 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
long time guy wrote:

If only the candor and outspokenness was as forthcoming when the bigotry wasn't blacks perpetrating it against whites.

You're missing the point. You're a much more conservative guy than I am. I think you probably agree that the majority of items on that poster are simply good societal practices and historically progressive developments rather than something rooted in "whiteness". The idea that the values espoused on the poster are somehow the exclusive purview of whites seems like propaganda that would be promoted by Nazis or the KKK.

I think you're missing my point and I actually agree with you. Anyone that argues to the contrary is merely providing a "distinction without a:difference. There is no difference between what that poster stated and what you hear typically from the KKK.

My point is this. You really only hear about it being racist when it is written by someone that is the race of the poster. The JLN's, Hawks, WFRs, of the world will never see it as racist if written by the KKK. If they even hint that it is racist they will minimize it to the point where the criticism of them will be negligible.

There cannot be this degree of dichotomous thinking without bigotry being present. That's my point. When someone is as clear as some are that DeSean Jackson was and is a bigot yet ignore or deny that guys like WFR or Hawk are bigots then they themselves are likely bigoted.

When a person can only see bigotry and Anti Semitism when it involves a black person as perceived perpetrator, then they themselves are likely bigots.

And no I'm nowhere near as Conservative as you are though there are some aspects of Conservativism that aren't necessarily off putting to me.

The sort of conservatism which appeals to me gave way to the Religious Right/Southern Strategy wing a long time ago never to return apparently.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:48 am 

long time guy wrote:

If only the candor and outspokenness was as forthcoming when the bigotry wasn't blacks perpetrating it against whites. It was bigoted and I admitted it as much earlier. However in certain quarters here there wouldn't be the same level of honesty They'd spend days either arguing that it wasn't racist, ignore it, or claim that racism doesn't really effect the lives of blacks all that much.

It's old now. There are people here that push racist ideas just as easily as they take a shit (for guys like Hawk probably a strain I know) and you'd never get people (the very same people that wowed about my claim regarding the Rothschilds) to say anything.

At least be consistent about what is and isn't considered racist. To subjectively choose when it is that you see racism (As JLN and a few others around here do) is s form of racism in of itself.

I thought it was wildly racist and the racism was being perpetrated against blacks. Most of it wasn't offensive to white people, I don't think.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:05 am 

Spaulding wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I thought it was wildly racist and the racism was being perpetrated against blacks. Most of it wasn't offensive to white people, I don't think.

Some of the things (i.e. 2 parent households, individualism, self reliance hard working) are things that I have seen people post on here in reference to blacks. That we need more of that in order to improve as a people. I don't know if I would say its racist to think this but I will say that it is most definitely stereotypical.

I think the essential point being made by the author is that what is synonymous with what we conceive to be"American" in this country is often times synonymous with that which happens to be white in America.

'American values" when viewed through the lenses of a minority is often that which is WASPy.

When Trump derides the Baltimores and Chicagos of the world as being "rat" and "crime" infested its obvious that he is providing a distinction between the values of those particular cities and that of the "rest of America". Whether anyone cares to admit it or not those cities are part of America too.

When you here supporters at his rallies chanting "send her back" to people with American citizenry its obvious that they are trying to provide definitive distinction between "they" and "them"

This is what I trying to say when we had this discussion awhile back about "Americanism".

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:50 am 

The only one I agree with you on is send her back. It's terrible. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:55 am 

Spaulding wrote:
The only one I agree with you on is send her back. It's terrible. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Don't know what you mean by 2 wrongs but the way that Trump speaks of cities like Baltimore and Chicago is equally off putting. He would never speak similarly of say, the Appalachia region of the country and therein lies the rub.

What is considered American is this country is often what is considered white in America.

As far as the poster goes what he expressed is equally bigoted and prejudicial and if said by a white supremacist there would be outrage and rightfully so.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Some of the things (i.e. 2 parent households, individualism, self reliance hard working) are things that I have seen people post on here in reference to blacks. That we need more of that in order to improve as a people. I don't know if I would say its racist to think this but I will say that it is most definitely stereotypical.

I think the essential point being made by the author is that what is synonymous with what we conceive to be"American" in this country is often times synonymous with that which happens to be white in America.

'American values" when viewed through the lenses of a minority is often that which is WASPy.

When Trump derides the Baltimores and Chicagos of the world as being "rat" and "crime" infested its obvious that he is providing a distinction between the values of those particular cities and that of the "rest of America". Whether anyone cares to admit it or not those cities are part of America too.

When you here supporters at his rallies chanting "send her back" to people with American citizenry its obvious that they are trying to provide definitive distinction between "they" and "them"

This is what I trying to say when we had this discussion awhile back about "Americanism".

The single most common denominator in poverty is single parent homes. Regardless of race.

Two parent homes therefore are the quickest and easiest way to change our culture and society.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
long time guy wrote:
Don't know what you mean by 2 wrongs but the way that Trump speaks of cities like Baltimore and Chicago is equally off putting. He would never speak similarly of say, the Appalachia region of the country and therein lies the rub.
Lots of cities in Appalachia with violent crime rates like that of Baltimore and Chicago, are there?

long time guy wrote:
What is considered American is this country is often what is considered white in America.
So you recognize that the poster as a whole was inherently racist, but you agree with its premise anyway? It doesn't surprise me that your bigotry knows no bounds.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:14 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Lots of cities in Appalachia with violent crime rates like that of Baltimore and Chicago, are there?

long time guy wrote:
So you recognize that the poster as a whole was inherently racist, but you agree with its premise anyway? It doesn't surprise me that your bigotry knows no bounds.

How much of his "premise" do you think I'd find if I were to sift through all of the garbage that you have posted on here over the past few years Litigation Notes? Better yet how much of it will you think you are hiding by selectively choosing when and when not to "disagree" with it?

Your outrage on such matters will alway be directed at black people. This is no different and neither was Desaen Jackson and so were other things posted on here.

For the record what i agree with it is that whites such as yourself have always used this sort of argument as a means of providing a distinction between whites and blacks and you most assuredly just happened to do it by providing a distinction between the "Appalachia" and "Chicago". Only proving my point.

Last edited by long time guy on Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:16 am 

Seacrest wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The single most common denominator in poverty is single parent homes. Regardless of race.

Two parent homes therefore are the quickest and easiest way to change our culture and society.

Because it changes the income level of the household more often than not.

Last edited by long time guy on Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:24 am 

long time guy wrote:

As far as the poster goes what he expressed is equally bigoted and prejudicial and if said by a white supremacist there would be outrage and rightfully so.

People hate Ilhan Omar. She’s a terrible person. People are going to say hateful and shitty things about her and it has nothing to do with her race or religion. It’s because of her terrible thoughts.

I think when Trump says things about Baltimore and Chicago it’s because the leaders of those places crap on him. He’s petty and likes to insult people that insult him. He doesn’t say it about Appalachia because Appalachia doesn’t say it about him. He does say it about San Francisco which is mostly white/Asian because Pelosi shits all over him and I think that’s a more apt comparison. I don’t think any of it is particularly good for our country or politics.

Chicago is rat infested. https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/u ... nked-orkin You can look up Orkin reports by year and both cities have been criticized for it long before Trump said anything. The WaPo isn’t racist or conservative. They reported on it too, rather negatively. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html

Quote:

Are you saying black people don’t value the scientific method, family, self reliance, hard work, ownership, or being polite? Those are all good positive things. I’d be insulted if the “National Museum of White History and Culture” came out and said those things are stupid and not for white people you just can’t achieve them.

Those things shouldn't be thought of as white, imo. They should be thought of as American.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:44 am 

Spaulding wrote:
long time guy wrote:

People hate Ilhan Omar. She’s a terrible person. People are going to say hateful and shitty things about her and it has nothing to do with her race or religion. It’s because of her terrible thoughts.

I think when Trump says things about Baltimore and Chicago it’s because the leaders of those places crap on him. He’s petty and likes to insult people that insult him. He doesn’t say it about Appalachia because Appalachia doesn’t say it about him. He does say it about San Francisco which is mostly white/Asian because Pelosi shits all over him and I think that’s a more apt comparison. I don’t think any of it is particularly good for our country or politics.

Chicago is rat infested. https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/u ... nked-orkin You can look up Orkin reports by year and both cities have been criticized for it long before Trump said anything. The WaPo isn’t racist or conservative. They reported on it too, rather negatively. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html

Quote:

Are you saying black people don’t value the scientific method, family, self reliance, hard work, ownership, or being polite? Those are all good positive things. I’d be insulted if the “National Museum of White History and Culture” came out and said those things are stupid and not for white people you just can’t achieve them.

Those things shouldn't be thought of as white, imo. They should be thought of as American.

Nah. Trump is careful not to say it about Appalachia because it is predominantly white and nothing else. He was saying things about Chicago long before Chicago ever paid attention to him.

He knew what he was doing. The Appalachia region has a huge drug problem, excess poverty, "terrible education system" and a relatively high crime rate and Trump wouldn't dare to ever crap on it

This is simply another example of viewing "America" through two different lenses. When it is examples of white racism it appears to always be less clarity as to what constitutes it. When it is black racism the views are much more definitive and decisive.

As far as the scientific method goes I don't think that any of the attributes that the guy described are exclusive to one race of people or another. I think that each values those things. Unfortunately the way that it is spun is that minorities, particularly blacks do not.

For instance I could point to numerous instances of Hawk claiming that I seek reparations for blacks. I have never said anything of the sort. That speaks to his prejudicial views regarding blacks and laziness. Something that the author referenced by his "Hardwork" comments.
.WFR repeatedly claimed that Alcindor was hired because there was a "need for diversity" which he considered a "problem". This was obviously a bigoted comment though not one person here referred to it (despite numerous attempts to have them do it) nor did they openly disagree with it. He later doubled down on his earlier bigotry by claiming that "idiocy shouldn't be rewarded because of her race". Again he received a pass despite numerous attempts to have someone comment about it.

The difference between you, and a few others here is that I have no problem with referring to what the guy from the Smithsonian stated as being bigoted. It was bigoted and most definitely at its core stereotypical even though there were some aspects that had merit. I have no problem with referring to Louis Farrakhan as an Anti Semite either. He is. It's always dangerous and irresponsible to paint any group of people with a broad brush. No group is a monolith in terms of thought. There are always divergent viewpoints to be found yet each ascribed singular qualities to entire groups of individuals

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
long time guy wrote:
How much of his "premise" do you think I'd find if I were to sift through all of the garbage that you have posted on here over the past few years Litigation Notes?

None.

long time guy wrote:
Better yet how much of it will you think you are hiding by selectively choosing when and when not to "disagree" with it?
None.

long time guy wrote:
Your outrage on such matters will alway be directed at black people. This is no different and neither was Desaen Jackson and so were other things posted on here.
Except for the fact that I've called out racism from white people. I've given you the posts, it's not my fault that you choose to ignore them.

long time guy wrote:
For the record what i agree with it is that whites such as yourself have always used this sort of argument as a means of providing a distinction between whites and blacks and you most assuredly just happened to do it by providing a distinction between the "Appalachia" and "Chicago". Only proving my point.
YOU MADE THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN BALTIMORE/CHICAGO AND APPALACHIA YOU FUCKING MORON! YOU DID IT. YOU LITERALLY JUST. DID. IT.

long time guy wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Once again. LTG opens his mouth throughout this thread and virtually every one of his thoughts are racially motivated.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:24 am 

long time guy wrote:

Except for the fact that I've called out racism from white people. I've given you the posts, it's not my fault that you choose to ignore them.

Sure you do. This is what your response looks like in actual time

Here is the standard Lying Noted response to white bigotry
Do you consider either of these comments to be racist?

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
That this person is considered a journalist shows the problem with the "need" for diversity.

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Rewarding idiocy because of someone's race isn't how this is supposed to work.

I'm not indulging your non sequiturs, LTG.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 51  Next