It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 103  Next
 Post subject: Re: STORMWATCH 2020!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I just rode my bike through Rogers Park (the actual park) where I guess the tornado touched down. Holy shit! There are huge trees that were ripped right out of the ground. It looks apocalyptic. It's only a few blocks away from me. I feel pretty stupid for staying at the top of a 12 story building while this shit was happening. I had never seen a wind like that and it occurred to me to go downstairs but I never did and it blew through quickly. I rescued my wife's plant from blowing off the balcony. I knew it wasn't a good idea to stand out there so I grabbed it and came back in quickly.

I had went to the store with my youngest son. It looked like it was going to rain soon, but I hadn't read this section or paid attention to the weather so I thought nothing of it. I always park my car near the end of a parking lot because I have no patience or interest in trying to find the closest spot.

We come out of the store about 15 minutes later with a few items and it's raining hard with a little hail and the wind is blowing extremely hard to the south. He's scared and tells me to pick him up. I can't leave him and go get the car. I have a few awkward items so I can't pick him up and run. So he instinctively puts his head down and I run with the shopping cart while trying to reassure him that everything was fine.

Naturally, I run past my car because I thought it was on the other side of a truck. Get him in the car maybe 45 seconds later and he's soaked. I then put the items I bought into the car and jumped in and pressed the start button. Then my son says, "Daddy, strap me in." so I have to get back out of the car to do that.

When I finally pulled off, you would have thought that I jumped into a pool with my clothes on. The run from the store to the time I pulled off took no more than 4 minutes. Then as I'm driving home my daughter calls to tell me that the power went off and there is a big tree that fell into the street. Great day!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I just rode my bike through Rogers Park (the actual park) where I guess the tornado touched down. Holy shit! There are huge trees that were ripped right out of the ground. It looks apocalyptic. It's only a few blocks away from me. I feel pretty stupid for staying at the top of a 12 story building while this shit was happening. I had never seen a wind like that and it occurred to me to go downstairs but I never did and it blew through quickly. I rescued my wife's plant from blowing off the balcony. I knew it wasn't a good idea to stand out there so I grabbed it and came back in quickly.

I had went to the store with my youngest son. It looked like it was going to rain soon, but I hadn't read this section or paid attention to the weather so I thought nothing of it. I always park my car near the end of a parking lot because I have no patience or interest in trying to find the closest spot.

We come out of the store about 15 minutes later with a few items and it's raining hard with a little hail and the wind is blowing extremely hard to the south. He's scared and tells me to pick him up. I can't leave him and go get the car. I have a few awkward items so I can't pick him up and run. So he instinctively puts his head down and I run with the shopping cart while trying to reassure him that everything was fine.

Naturally, I run past my car because I thought it was on the other side of a truck. Get him in the car maybe 45 seconds later and he's soaked. I then put the items I bought into the car and jumped in and pressed the start button. Then my son says, "Daddy, strap me in." so I have to get back out of the car to do that.

When I finally pulled off, you would have thought that I jumped into a pool with my clothes on. The run from the store to the time I pulled off took no more than 4 minutes. Then as I'm driving home my daughter calls to tell me that the power went off and there is a big tree that fell into the street. Great day!

A woman told me yesterday a giant tree fell between her car and the house. Pretty good luck there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:54 am 

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Thankful you are all ok.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Nas wrote:
According to Comed I may not have power until sometime next year. An elected official stays a few blocks away and SURPRISINGLY the power has been restored to that area.

Saturday at 3 is what I hear.

I got super lucky...my mom lives in Beverly and her power was out but thankfully came back on yesterday
If her's was out until Saturday i would have had to let her stay with me, and i would have killed myself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:58 am 

Bagels wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Nas wrote:
According to Comed I may not have power until sometime next year. An elected official stays a few blocks away and SURPRISINGLY the power has been restored to that area.

I got super lucky...my mom lives in Beverly and her power was out but thankfully came back on yesterday
If her's was out until Saturday i would have had to let her stay with me, and i would have killed myself.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Nas wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Nas wrote:

Basically next year. I got the text yesterday and got excited before opening it up completely. Then I saw the date.

Luckily ours came back around 1am.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Bagels wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol:

My parents were telling us to stay with them last night.

I said thanks but no thanks and stayed in the dark.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:03 pm 

need a buffer !!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:09 pm 

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Glad you and your family are ok. We joke around on here, but these kind of things makes it real. Would never want to login and read something tragic happened to any of you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Juiced wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Glad you and your family are ok. We joke around on here, but these kind of things makes it real. Would never want to login and read something tragic happened to any of you.

Appreciate it!

You too, Hawg!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bagels wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Nas wrote:

You gotta have a buffer zone!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:31 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Not a storm per se, but I will put this here.

Don't be surprised to see a fairly significant California earthquake in the next 7-10 days.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:37 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Don't be surprised to see a fairly significant California earthquake in the next 7-10 days.

did you just talk to the California psychics or something ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:50 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Bagels wrote:

I have an earthquake guy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:

I have an earthquake guy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
no power for 16 hours and cable was out till about noon today

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Seven small tornadoes throughout the area yesterday, including Rogers Park.

https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=2 ... ofub3zzrz0

Two more small tornadoes confirmed. Ottawa and Grant Park.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

Up to 11 tornados now.

https://www.weather.gov/lot/2020aug10?f ... OO9pdsNXLU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
That was a devastating storm that went through. 10 million acres were flattened in Iowa, making up 1/3 of the state's corn crop.

I feel bad for the farmers. They're always getting a raw deal.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/930959/h ... cres-crops

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Fong's
Dignified Rube wrote:
That was a devastating storm that went through. 10 million acres were flattened in Iowa, making up 1/3 of the state's corn crop.

Tell me about it!

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/08/03/field ... -white-sox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Sweetcorn has been hard to find all summer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ray Kinsella wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

Tell me about it!

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/08/03/field ... -white-sox

Great mult!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Shits about to go down

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Caller Bob wrote:
Shits about to go down

That's what happens when the skies of November turn gloomy.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
45 years ago today even.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:23 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Shits about to go down

Hopefully Cheryl Scott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Shits about to go down

Hopefully Cheryl Scott
HEY HEY!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
KDdidit wrote:
45 years ago today even.

That song always chokes me up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Had some bad weather up here in SE Wisconsin but no damage. I had some work done to replace a leaky roof about a month ago. This was the first real shot of rain we'd had since it was finished. Wouldn't you know that the leak was back with a vengeance so I need to follow up with the contractor and have him come back to fix it right. Only 1/2 inch of rain in the gauge outside with a majority coming down in 20 minutes or so.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:29 pm 

my garbage bin that is full and heavy, and against the building, rolled out into the middle of the driveway. that was really weird.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 103  Next