It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cancellation updates
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Why do companies even get involved in this stuff? It's only going to piss off a segment of your customers no matter what the companies stance is.

Because companies want to be "on the right side of history". And they pay attention to Twitter.

Companies like Nike enjoy starting shit with wedge issues so less focus is on their slave labor business.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
The Hawk wrote:
State Farm has the lamest commercials ever. I kid my State Farm agent all the time about their shitty commercials. First there were the stupid Aaron Rodgers commercials and now these stupid things. I like MAHEM.

Your agent thinks about murdering his entire stupid family every time he hears you speak.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
blackhawksfan wrote:
Why can't they just say:

"Be Nice to People."

:lol: :lol: You really think it's all that simple, don't you? Where is the objective evidence establishing that every race group in this country has a problem being "nice to people," inasmuch as it would trigger you to mandate that everyone be "nice" to each other? Hasn't it occurred to you that police and white people are the disproportionate targets of mob and race-based crime? Per your instruction, should they be "nice" to thugs who beat, maim and shoot them? What a fucking shithead you must be.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Park Ridge Tom wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Why can't they just say:

"Be Nice to People."

:lol: :lol: You really think it's all that simple, don't you? Where is the objective evidence establishing that every race group in this country has a problem being "nice to people," inasmuch as it would trigger you to mandate that everyone be "nice" to each other? Hasn't it occurred to you that police and white people are the disproportionate targets of mob and race-based crime? Per your instruction, should they be "nice" to thugs who beat, maim and shoot them? What a fucking shithead you must be.

That guy's on your side in this dumb fucking culture war you fucking idiot. Way to go. :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Park Ridge Tom wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Why can't they just say:

"Be Nice to People."

No, I'm all for police kicking ass when ghetto ass losers trash the city and hurt people. I'm just saying most reasonable people like to be treated the way they treat others. It's a basic concept. And BTW I'm at a diverse workplace with a lot of young people and I've never seen anyone walking in with a MAGA hat or BLM t-shirt. Most people try to avoid standing out like that IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Yeah I realize you can't have someone working for an NBA organization blast out a tweet saying that word, even by total accident, without repercussions. But knowing what we know about how autocrrect works on phones, it looks like this was just the worst kind of spelling mistake on a small keyboard. He should be "suspended" for awhile then brought back for next season, and the players and his co-workers should give him a ration of shit for it for all time.

What also shouldn't be lost in all of this is that the guy's name looks like what a phone autocorrects "fuck" to.

I haven't personally tested it but I read that the word he typed is not in the autocorrect vocabulary so it wouldn't be a replacement regardless of the letter combinations entered.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:05 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Not really a cancellation, but at some point Jake from State Farm changed from white to black :lol:

I think Old Jake wasn't an actor (or maybe he was an just not a good one) and didn't really fit in with what they wanted to do with the Jake From State Farm character moving forward. That first commercial with New Jake where Old Jake makes a cameo is like a passing of the torch.

I don't understand why they are talking at 2 in the morning other than setting up the "wife suspicion" premise. Seems like a real stretch for a mediocre payoff.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Not really a cancellation, but at some point Jake from State Farm changed from white to black :lol:

I think Old Jake wasn't an actor (or maybe he was an just not a good one) and didn't really fit in with what they wanted to do with the Jake From State Farm character moving forward. That first commercial with New Jake where Old Jake makes a cameo is like a passing of the torch.

I don't understand why they are talking at 2 in the morning other than setting up the "wife suspicion" premise. Seems like a real stretch for a mediocre payoff.

You know goddam well he and Jake from State Farm are fucking, getting jizz all over his khakis.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Douchebag wrote:
Why do companies even get involved in this stuff? It's only going to piss off a segment of your customers no matter what the companies stance is.

Douchebag, all of these big companies they write off everything!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
FavreFan wrote:
Park Ridge Tom wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Why can't they just say:

"Be Nice to People."

That guy's on your side in this dumb fucking culture war you fucking idiot. Way to go. :lol:

So I'm a "fucking idiot" because I care about lawfulness and accountability? What do you care about? Are you aware that the so-called "Black Lives Matter" movement fundamentally contradicts the political and moral philosophy of the founding fathers? That it prime facie represents the single greatest existential threat to white people and their considerable social, economic and cultural contributions to Western Civilization? The only reason you're allowed to call me a "fucking idiot" on the internet is because of the legal achievements of white people who provide you with the necessary protections to do that. You might want to remember that next time you support people who want to eradicate your kind. Now run along, go away.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:02 pm 

You're a fucking clown but it's cool you won't be around here for long. Now go change your pants because you appear to shit yourself in fear about basically everything.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Vick Ashley #5 ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Western civilization came forth because of trials and tribulations. There was a lot risk taking and problem solving due to the hazardous climate. It was definitely NOT due to moral or intellectual superiority. As a matter of fact, Europe's ancestors were the most brutal "race" the planet has ever seen with perhaps the Mongols being the exception. And as late as last century, they were killing and genociding more than ever.

But I agree, when it comes to western civ, you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. There is MUCH to be proud of.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:16 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Vick Ashley #5 ?

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
The period (.), or a "full stop".

Quote:
Generation Z feels intimidated by full stops, experts find

Full stops have become the latest casualty of youthful sensitivity as experts say they can be “intimidating”.

As teenagers and those in their early twenties, Generation Z, have grown up with phones in their hands, using short messages to communicate with one another, and the punctuation mark has fallen out of fashion and become a symbol of curt passive-aggression.

Linguists have been debating the use of the full stop and why some young people interpret a correctly punctuated text as a sign of annoyance.

Some argued that the full stop had become redundant, as a text was now ended simply by sending it, and the sentence did not need to be finished with a punctuation mark.

Linguist Dr Lauren Fonteyn tweeted “If you send a text message without a full stop, it’s already obvious that you’ve concluded the message. So if you add that additional marker for completion, they will read something into it and it tends to be a falling intonation or negative tone.”

Others said the effect of a full stop changed depending on the medium of the message.

Owen McArdle, a linguist at the ­University of Cambridge, said: “I’m not sure I agree about emails. I guess it ­depends how formal they are.

But full stops are, in my experience, very much the exception and not the norm in [young people’s] instant messages, and have a new role in signifying an abrupt or angry tone of voice.”

The meaning of the full stop in online communications has been a debate raging among linguists for years.

Prof David Crystal, one of the world’s leading language experts, thinks the use of the punctuation mark is being “revised in a really fundamental way”.

In his 2015 book, Making a Point, he explains that instead of its original purpose, signifying the end of a sentence, it has become an “emotion marker”, signifying anger or annoyance.

He said: “You look at the internet or any instant messaging exchange – anything that is a fast dialogue taking place. People simply do not put full stops in, unless they want to make a point.

The full stop is now being used in those circumstances as an emotion marker.”

This is also backed up by science. A 2015 study by Binghamton University in New York, involving 126 undergraduates, found that they perceived text messages ending in a full stop as being less sincere than the same message without a full stop.

Researchers also found that exclamation points did the opposite of full stops, making people seem more sincere and engaged.

Research leader Celia Klin said at the time: “When speaking, people easily convey social and emotional information with eye gaze, facial expressions, tone of voice, pauses and so on. People obviously can’t use these mechanisms when they are texting. Thus, it makes sense that texters rely on what they have available to them – emoticons, deliberate misspellings that mimic speech sounds and, according to our data, punctuation.”

https://news.yahoo.com/generation-z-ful ... 24452.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:36 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Dale Tallon’s turn!

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/black ... t-comments

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:31 pm 

Adele is up next.

Quote:
Adele stirs cultural appropriation controversy wearing Bantu knots in latest photo.

Adele is stirring controversy after posting an Instagram wearing Bantu knots, a traditional African hairstyle.

In the image, the singer, 32, is sporting the hairstyle while wearing a Jamaican flag bikini top, large gold jewelry, yellow feathers and black and white leggings.

"Happy what would be Notting Hill Carnival my beloved London" she captioned the image, referencing the carnival that typically takes place during this time as a way to celebrate Caribbean culture and cultural diversity.

Others, however, are telling her "Someone Like You" shouldn't be wearing the hairstyle.

Drag queen The Vixen tweeted, "Twice this weekend I have seen people do backflips to defend white women in Bantu Knots. If you spent the whole summer posting #blacklivesmatter and don’t see the problem here, you were lying the whole time."

User @sadhanamoodley wrote, "Seriously Adele... You should know better."

Journalist Ernest Owens tweeted, "If 2020 couldn't get anymore bizarre, Adele is giving us Bantu knots and cultural appropriation that nobody asked for. This officially marks all of the top white women in pop as problematic. Hate to see it."

Some cheered Adele on in the comment section for cultural appreciation: "Ppl don't know what cultural appropriation is, she's obviously celebrating a Carribbean festival, in an appropriate outfit for that festival. She's not wearing Bantu knots and feathers to go to the beach because it's really fashionable," user @kyrstldp wrote.

Others simply expressed shock or confusion.

"This is truly shocking... when did @Adele become @katyperry?" Piers Morgan tweeted.

"This year just won’t let up," author and poet Saeed Jones tweeted with Adele's photo. "I am confusion."

"how are non-Jamaicans getting mad at Adele when Jamaicans aren’t even mad themselves. This is normal carnival attire. Let Adele sing HELLO PON DI ADA SIDE," user @amouraals tweeted.

And some broke down why they felt it was cultural appropriation.

"I think the problem is not whether Adele has actually APPROPRIATED culture. It’s more the people that are up her backside for having a basic hairstyle that wouldn’t get the same reaction if on a black woman," user @yahaelco explained. "Why is a white woman able to get away with a hairstyle and should be ‘given a break’ she’s letting loose and appreciating culture and can still be taken seriously whilst a black woman is not and has been told for years to conform to western beauty standards to be seen as equal and even after conforming is still treated less than, I can see the frustration."

https://frontier.yahoo.com/entertainmen ... 35852.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:07 pm 

Do cancels work long term?

I don't think they do

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:09 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I wish my mortgage company would do something stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:

I don't think they do

For ordinary people, yes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:18 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Adele is up next.

Quote:
Adele stirs cultural appropriation controversy wearing Bantu knots in latest photo.

Adele is stirring controversy after posting an Instagram wearing Bantu knots, a traditional African hairstyle.

In the image, the singer, 32, is sporting the hairstyle while wearing a Jamaican flag bikini top, large gold jewelry, yellow feathers and black and white leggings.

"Happy what would be Notting Hill Carnival my beloved London" she captioned the image, referencing the carnival that typically takes place during this time as a way to celebrate Caribbean culture and cultural diversity.

Others, however, are telling her "Someone Like You" shouldn't be wearing the hairstyle.

Drag queen The Vixen tweeted, "Twice this weekend I have seen people do backflips to defend white women in Bantu Knots. If you spent the whole summer posting #blacklivesmatter and don’t see the problem here, you were lying the whole time."

User @sadhanamoodley wrote, "Seriously Adele... You should know better."

Journalist Ernest Owens tweeted, "If 2020 couldn't get anymore bizarre, Adele is giving us Bantu knots and cultural appropriation that nobody asked for. This officially marks all of the top white women in pop as problematic. Hate to see it."

Some cheered Adele on in the comment section for cultural appreciation: "Ppl don't know what cultural appropriation is, she's obviously celebrating a Carribbean festival, in an appropriate outfit for that festival. She's not wearing Bantu knots and feathers to go to the beach because it's really fashionable," user @kyrstldp wrote.

Others simply expressed shock or confusion.

"This is truly shocking... when did @Adele become @katyperry?" Piers Morgan tweeted.

"This year just won’t let up," author and poet Saeed Jones tweeted with Adele's photo. "I am confusion."

"how are non-Jamaicans getting mad at Adele when Jamaicans aren’t even mad themselves. This is normal carnival attire. Let Adele sing HELLO PON DI ADA SIDE," user @amouraals tweeted.

And some broke down why they felt it was cultural appropriation.

"I think the problem is not whether Adele has actually APPROPRIATED culture. It’s more the people that are up her backside for having a basic hairstyle that wouldn’t get the same reaction if on a black woman," user @yahaelco explained. "Why is a white woman able to get away with a hairstyle and should be ‘given a break’ she’s letting loose and appreciating culture and can still be taken seriously whilst a black woman is not and has been told for years to conform to western beauty standards to be seen as equal and even after conforming is still treated less than, I can see the frustration."

https://frontier.yahoo.com/entertainmen ... 35852.html

I only vaguely know some of what's being bitched about there. And I'm glad about that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Didn't Adele recently lose quite a bit of weight? I'm sure she'll get criticized by overweight women for that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:45 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Didn't Adele recently lose quite a bit of weight? I'm sure she'll get criticized by overweight women for that.

She already did! Fat shaming because she lost weight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:26 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

like when Scrooge dies and the couple expecting the baby who were indebted to him see it as a gift from God

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store

they did, the subprime mortgages crisis, they were bailed out

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know

Do you know about mortgage forbearance?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:48 pm 

tommy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I don't think they do

For ordinary people, yes.

What about people on this board?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:55 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Wow, didn’t think the mortgage thing would get much traction.

Just a joke.

Just refinanced for $500 less/month and got a free iPad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:06 pm 

I got a guy if you need to re-fi a mortgage or get one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 51  Next