It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Sorry to hear about your experience with the C.unt on Lunt, Joe.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Caller Bob wrote:
Sorry to hear about your experience with the C.unt on Lunt, Joe.

I'm not really a guy to just turn the other cheek. I couldn't help myself from yelling back at her, "I'm the asshole? You're the fucking asshole. You stupid bitch." :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:36 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
In any case, our lobby will soon get the Idaho stop passed as law in Illinois.
That sounds like a terrible law. If you want to be treated like a motor vehicle then follow the rules of motor vehicles.

I don't want to be treated like a motor vehicle. I want to be treated like a bicycle. The Idaho stop law makes a lot of sense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:39 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
That sounds like a terrible law. If you want to be treated like a motor vehicle then follow the rules of motor vehicles.

I don't want to be treated like a motor vehicle. I want to be treated like a bicycle. The Idaho stop law makes a lot of sense.

So if you don't want to be treated like a motor vehicle why are you riding with motor vehicles?

Why does the Idaho stop law make sense? Under what circumstance would it be safe for a bicycle to yield at a stop sign that wouldn't also be safe for a car to yield at a stop sign?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This is the Idaho law btw: https://bikeleague.org/sites/default/fi ... 8_2018.pdf

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

So if you don't want to be treated like a motor vehicle why are you riding with motor vehicles?

Why does the Idaho stop law make sense? Under what circumstance would it be safe for a bicycle to yield at a stop sign that wouldn't also be safe for a car to yield at a stop sign?

I'm not sure what you mean by "riding with motor vehicles". There seems to be an assumption there that roads are for the exclusive use of motorized vehicles and somehow the drivers of said vehicles are "putting up with" those of us on bicycles. I reject that hypothesis.

And do you really not understand that it's much easier to stop a 25 lb. vehicle at 20 mph than a 3000 lb. vehicle at 40 mph?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:05 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "riding with motor vehicles". There seems to be an assumption there that roads are for the exclusive use of motorized vehicles and somehow the drivers of said vehicles are "putting up with" those of us on bicycles. I reject that hypothesis.
I'm not saying it's exclusive use but they should be operating under the same rules.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
And do you really not understand that it's much easier to stop a 25 lb. vehicle at 20 mph than a 3000 lb. vehicle at 40 mph?
I do. What is gained by letting either of them not stop at a stop sign if they think it is safe to cross.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
So, I was in a really good mood this morning. I'm going to pick up my new bike this afternoon. The weather was pretty good and I was have my last good ride on the old bike which was performing remarkably well even though I had to keep her in 2 on the front and 6 in the back to keep the gears from slipping.

I was heading home west down Lunt and going pretty good. There was a slower guy riding in front of me and I caught up to him very easily. We were just west of Western by Indian Boundary Park and there's a street on the left that deadends at the park on the right. We had a stop sign at the intersection but it's the kind of intersection where you're lucky to get a car to stop let alone a bike.

But as we were coming to the intersection I saw an old lady coming from the left who was obviously going to cross Lunt. The other guy on the bike just blew right through, but I stopped to give the pedestrian her right-of-way. She waved at me to go ahead, but I was just balancing in place and I smiled and waved back at her and said, "Please, go ahead." She kept furiously waving and suddenly became very obstinate and said, "I'm not going." I said, "Really?" So I started riding and as she crossed behind me she called me an asshole. Fucking people, man.

People are often unreasonable...

Increasingly with the amount of irresponsible cyclists making matters worse by the month.

:lol: Yeah, cyclists cause a lot more problems than motorists. It's funny what people consider "irresponsible". Driving 40 mph down a side street ain't it. Give me my three feet, pal.

Tell that to the lady who almost went over her handle bars yesterday in Roscoe Village when she failed to stop at a stop sign on Damen.

The rules of the road apply to cyclists too. Except when they say they do not. Which as you said above, happens. And regualrly I might add in MANY places.

The difference being that when a motorist blows a stop sign someone could very well be killed. When a cyclist does it, in most instances he's only endangering himself. In any case, our lobby will soon get the Idaho stop passed as law in Illinois.

She would have also effected the lives of all of those in my car if I would have nailed her.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I do. What is gained by letting either of them not stop at a stop sign if they think it is safe to cross.

Well, think of how fast a car can accelerate. Now imagine two dopes at an intersection deciding whether to go. I haven't performed an exhaustive study or anything, but I'm just going to take a wild guess that it's a lot more dangerous to allow those who are operating heavy machines capable of high speeds and quick acceleration to make such decisions than allowing a guy riding a 25 lb. bike from a dead stop or very slow speed to do the same.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:39 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Well, think of how fast a car can accelerate. Now imagine two dopes at an intersection deciding whether to go. I haven't performed an exhaustive study or anything, but I'm just going to take a wild guess that it's a lot more dangerous to allow those who are operating heavy machines capable of high speeds and quick acceleration to make such decisions than allowing a guy riding a 25 lb. bike from a dead stop or very slow speed to do the same.

You have yet to explain why it isn't better to have all road transportation stop at stop signs and stop and wait at lights.

If he messes up the yield and hits my car it's on me to somehow prove I didn't cause the accident.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Never heard of the Idaho stop before.

Great idea.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:01 pm 

Also, Rick isn't too keen on sharing the road with motorcyclists, so it's not just about non-motorized vehicles. Rick just doesn't like to share!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:03 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Also, Rick isn't too keen on sharing the road with motorcyclists, so it's not just about non-motorized vehicles. Rick just doesn't like to share!

IMO that's not going far enough in the right direction. If the bikes that have exhausts (& radios) loud enough to rattle your windows can be banned, I'm all for that too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:30 pm 

Reader doesn't like to share either? Sad.

Loud pipes and loud radios are not a part of my riding ethos. So uncivilized.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:51 pm 

around half time yesterday my wife said her mom was coming over later to work on a scrap book with her

Oh, fuck! I break into a cold sweat knowing that my well intentioned father in law who knows nothing about football but will be looking to relate to me will be joining her. Please Lord, let them arrive after 3!

2:10 left in the 4th quarter with the Bears up 4 and the Giants driving...I hear the screen door open. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Clock ticking...anxiety levels at an 11...and he sits down next to me to ask "who is playing in the football contest"

I forget sometimes that there are some people, and my dad is included in this as well, who never really learned how to just be one of the guys. I feel bad for being rude but even his wife knew better than to come in and start small talk as the action is reaching its climax. You wouldn't walk in on a Bond movie and ask for an explanation during a fight scene.

Well, he would.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:55 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:

You just worry about tonight Lawrence. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:03 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
around half time yesterday my wife said her mom was coming over later to work on a scrap book with her

Oh, fuck! I break into a cold sweat knowing that my well intentioned father in law who knows nothing about football but will be looking to relate to me will be joining her. Please Lord, let them arrive after 3!

2:10 left in the 4th quarter with the Bears up 4 and the Giants driving...I hear the screen door open. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Clock ticking...anxiety levels at an 11...and he sits down next to me to ask "who is playing in the football contest"

I forget sometimes that there are some people, and my dad is included in this as well, who never really learned how to just be one of the guys. I feel bad for being rude but even his wife knew better than to come in and start small talk as the action is reaching its climax. You wouldn't walk in on a Bond movie and ask for an explanation during a fight scene.

Well, he would.

My own dad is in that group. Fortunately I rarely got to sit with he or my mom watching my own sons playing baseball & football. But they'd enjoy it with the other parents/grandparents in the same vein.

I used to get a kick out of my grandfather's reactions to my dad when he'd interrupt us watching a college football game. He'd cut him off with an amazing quickness. My granddad admitted to being worried about me as a yout until he realized that I preferred following his (instead of my dad's) lead whether it was fishing, drag racing or baseball & football.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Somebody with a strong pimp and would make it known to the wife that she is not allowed to invite her mother or family over before 3:15 on a Bears Sunday.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:18 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Somebody with a strong pimp and would make it known to the wife that she is not allowed to invite her mother or family over before 3:15 on a Bears Sunday.

Covid strikes again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:19 pm 

sshhh...don't you know you could be sent away to Siberia for the mere mention of the word "pimp" and "hand" together like that

this ain't the 2000s

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:

Well, he would.

My son in law asked me yesterday if I would mind helping him put some furniture together during the Bears game.

"Yeah, actually I would mind!!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:12 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Did you see the Census Cowboy and his entourage of bikers on the Dan Ryan? :lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:36 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Did you see the Census Cowboy and his entourage of bikers on the Dan Ryan? :lol:

Still laughing at that. But I don't drive the Ryan often.

But it was only a half hour and no violence, no one held hostage. Just felt bad for the horse.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Well, he would.

My own dad is in that group. Fortunately I rarely got to sit with he or my mom watching my own sons playing baseball & football. But they'd enjoy it with the other parents/grandparents in the same vein.

I used to get a kick out of my grandfather's reactions to my dad when he'd interrupt us watching a college football game. He'd cut him off with an amazing quickness. My granddad admitted to being worried about me as a yout until he realized that I preferred following his (instead of my dad's) lead whether it was fishing, drag racing or baseball & football.

My dad only took a passing interest in sports. He’d yell at the bears and such on Sundays but he was never into the stats. Today out of the blue I got a text from him (he never texts). “What’s OPS in reference to batting?” I think now that he’s retired he’s watching a lot more sports than when he had more productive things on his plate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Went 15-1 in my NFL pick em league and didn’t even win the week.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I was heading home west down Lunt and going pretty good. There was a slower guy riding in front of me and I caught up to him very easily.

Humblebragisdman wrote:
I approve of this message.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Well, he would.

My dad only took a passing interest in sports. He’d yell at the bears and such on Sundays but he was never into the stats. Today out of the blue I got a text from him (he never texts). “What’s OPS in reference to batting?” I think now that he’s retired he’s watching a lot more sports than when he had more productive things on his plate.

my dad is a buffalo native and the bills 4 straight superbowl losses broke him. And it was real. He didn't really care about baseball, or basketball. just football. but we had all sorts of Bills stuff all over the house and it all slowly faded away. He probably considers himself more a bears fan now than a bills fan.

My FIL was a denver bronco season ticket holder for years. But he's very much if theres kneeling i won't watch type of an old guy. He gave up his season tickets when it was clear the other holders around him were just stubhubing their seats to drunken idiots. not like the old days he said.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:14 am 
Site Admin

Furious Styles wrote:

Spend a week driving LA traffic on the 5, or the 405.

It will make you want to buy a gun and start targeting motorcyclists.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Seacrest wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Spend a week driving LA traffic on the 5, or the 405.

It will make you want to buy a gun and start targeting motorcyclists.
Well, that's one way to start seeing them.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
hnd wrote:

my dad is a buffalo native and the bills 4 straight superbowl losses broke him. And it was real. He didn't really care about baseball, or basketball. just football. but we had all sorts of Bills stuff all over the house and it all slowly faded away. He probably considers himself more a bears fan now than a bills fan.

My FIL was a denver bronco season ticket holder for years. But he's very much if theres kneeling i won't watch type of an old guy. He gave up his season tickets when it was clear the other holders around him were just stubhubing their seats to drunken idiots. not like the old days he said.

My dad was an army kid so they moved around a lot and his dad was not a sports guy so he didn’t pick it up from him. Mind you, this was the 40s and 50s so the saturation isn’t what it is today and the colonel probably didn’t buy a tv until the 70s.

But also because of all the moving he didn’t have a home team really until the tale end oh his teen years when his family moved to DC. Hard to pick up a team in San Antonio or Puerto Rico. My mom, growing up in Oak Lawn, with a mom and uncles who followed teams didn’t suffer this problem (although her Dad was not a sports guy growing up in rural Wisconsin to immigrant parents).

I love football season because it gives me something to do when visiting my father in law. Pisses my wife off because we drive two hours to sit with him (on his insistence) while he sleeps infront of or grumbles about which ever game is on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126 ... 190  Next