It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Darn, was hoping the update was that the kid didn't drown..or it was an illegal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
it was an adopted kid after years of dealing with infertility. (i know it now begins to seem like i'm making this up)

one of the posts on this ladies FB page is "at least it was an adopted child and not one of your own" or something along that nature.

blink blink.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:10 am 

hnd wrote:
yeah its pretty awful. not how i wanted to start my monday.

Damn that's rough. I'd be catatonic behind that. Best of wishes to you all.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
hnd wrote:

one of the posts on this ladies FB page is "at least it was an adopted child and not one of your own" or something along that nature.

Jesus....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Hawg Ass wrote:
I can't even fathom, I don't even know how you mustard the strength to go on.

I think the way to go is to take a few days to recover and then spend the rest of the week playing ketchup.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:( shakes has me on ignore.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Why is Tucker Carlson's Show on Fox News Live right now (Bobulinski live interview) the only outlet bringing the Joe Biden Scandal to light?

Head scratcher, but a valid complaint nonetheless.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:25 pm 

FukNuggitt wrote:
Why is Tucker Carlson's Show on Fox News Live right now (Bobulinski live interview) the only outlet bringing the Joe Biden Scandal to light?

Head scratcher, but a valid complaint nonetheless.

Because only the cult believes that b.s. story. Drink up!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
re:HND's tale- I hear that and am reminded of how great I have it. I firmly believe some experiences are provided as opportunity for others. How this woman reacts to the tragedies and how her true friends (not the one insensitive person) step up to help her can be examples for many others. Hearing her story has made me feel better about my life and family.

While I know most of you don't agree, I don't think any of us are given a burden we cannot bear. We may not know we can or we may need help to do so, but we can get through it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Picked up some Chinese takeout for lunch today downtown. Sales tax is now 14.7%. What the fuck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Hey candy companies, when you do the candy mixes for halloween could you not mix the fruity ones in with the chocolate ones? all of my children's rolos, peanut butter cups, and twix's all taste like cherry starbursts. Gross. i'm going to have to let the kids eat it all themselves and see if i can't get some good clearance candy at menards.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:01 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I will reiterate for Golden Jet how "ON YOUR LEFT!" is not a friendly culture of sharing the road and communication but rather a selfish culture of "hooray for me, the hell with you, I'm coming through so get the fuck out of my way."

Yesterday I was riding through the lakefront park in Evanston just south of Northwestern. It was a very nice day so there were a lot of people out- old people strolling, little kids on bikes, lesbian couples walking dogs, etc. It was neither the time nor the place for anyone to be doing a Greg LeMond impersonation.

So I was heading south and about twenty yards in front of me a guy pulled onto the path. Even though he was decked out in lycra, riding a Bianchi road bike, and about twenty years younger than I am, I could see right away that he wasn't anywhere near as a strong a rider as I am. So I quickly caught up to him and I was riding along behind him. We were going pretty slow as there were a lot of people out there like I said. I wasn't getting antsy sitting behind him. It would have been totally inappropriate to try to pass him screaming "ON YOUR LEFT!" and darting between families out for their Sunday morning constitutional. I knew in the worst case I could safely pass him after we cleared the south end of the sailboarding beach at Dempster.

So we're going along single file with him in front and we ran up behind a family of five pedestrians. He slowly moved left to go around them and I followed. We were straddling the yellow line in the middle of the path and there was still plenty of room for anyone coming toward us to pass in the opposite direction. Suddenly some shithead broad comes flying toward us as if she's in a road race. She passes the guy in front of me and screams at him, "MOVE OVER!" The guy was obviously suprised and didn't really seem to realize what was happening. I saw him turn toward her with a look on his face that said "Huh?" But I was pissed. I yelled at her to keep her mouth shut. She was the complete embodiment of "ON YOUR LEFT!" culture/unsafe riding.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:24 pm 

I'll bet you could cut down on these interactions simply by carrying a large-caliber sidearm. Just a hunch.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:49 pm 

The unseasonably warm weather has allowed me to work outside in short sleeves. My summer tan has faded, and I feel sunburned almost every night for the last ten days.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
So, some of you may know that our lab Lily has lymphoma. She has been going through her chemo treatments since July and has 4 more of her 16 treatment routine left. Her oncologist is at Blue Pearl Animal Hospital in Northbrook, right at the Tower Road exit.

Because of Covid, we have to call once we arrive and then we "pass" Lily through the vestibule to the vet technician.

Anyway, yesterday when I was at the vet with Lily I saw a husband and wife walking their dog to the corner of the building where I was parked. They were both crying pretty hard. They were petting him, talking to him, and hugging him for about 30 minutes.

The lady gets on the phone and calls and they pass the dog through the vestibule. They both wave to him and walk to the car...the dog pauses and takes a last look at them and then looks at me straight in the eyes. His parents get in their car and drive off.

It absolutely crushed me and I can't stop thinking about it. I basically cried myself to sleep last night.

Coincidentally, Darkside's brother in law, had to put his dog down yesterday.

So, it's just been a really shitty 18 hours.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:53 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
So, some of you may know that our lab Lily has lymphoma. She has been going through her chemo treatments since July and has 4 more of her 16 treatment routine left. Her oncologist is at Blue Pearl Animal Hospital in Northbrook, right at the Tower Road exit.

Because of Covid, we have to call once we arrive and then we "pass" Lily through the vestibule to the vet technician.

Anyway, yesterday when I was at the vet with Lily I saw a husband and wife walking their dog to the corner of the building where I was parked. They were both crying pretty hard. They were petting him, talking to him, and hugging him for about 30 minutes.

The lady gets on the phone and calls and they pass the dog through the vestibule. They both wave to him and walk to the car...the dog pauses and takes a last look at them and then looks at me straight in the eyes. His parents get in their car and drive off.

It absolutely crushed me and I can't stop thinking about it. I basically cried myself to sleep last night.

I didn't know that about Lily. Sorry to hear that. I hope she responds to the treatment and beats cancer like her dad did.

Horrible story about the other people having to say good bye to their dog in the parking lot. My Lionel died in my arms in the parking lot as we arrived at the vets. It was beyond awful, but at least I was able to be with him at the very end.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:58 am 

managed to screw up my back yet again. Playing hockey and backed into the boards. Hit em hard, but not that hard. Didn't even think about it till later on when I was trying to figure out how I hurt it.

That was 2 weeks ago. It's gotten worse ever since. This is a bad one, I only remember having pain this bad before one of my surgeries. Constant burning and throbbing pain in my left leg. Can't feel most of my foot. Sleeping about 4-5 hours per night because the pain wakes me up.

MRI tomorrow and then meet with the doc. He was already talking surgery after looking at me for 5 minutes.

Either way, I'm done with hockey for good now. If I can get this hurt from such a minor blow to the back that's a horrible sign about how fragile I am.

Been stressing out for the past two weeks because I have to drive to Ohio on 11/20 to pick up my puppies and right now I can't even sit in a chair.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
shakes wrote:

I didn't know that about Lily. Sorry to hear that. I hope she responds to the treatment and beats cancer like her dad did.

Horrible story about the other people having to say good bye to their dog in the parking lot. My Lionel died in my arms in the parking lot as we arrived at the vets. It was beyond awful, but at least I was able to be with him at the very end.

This was my biggest concern early in pandemic when my shorthair was diagnosed with bone cancer. We are pretty close to our vets and when I xpressed thus concern to the one she gave me her persona, number and told me to call when it was time and she’d come to the house and take care of him Gave me some serious pain killers too for the dog I’d it got real bad fast. Took a huge weight off my shoulders. Can’t imagine just sending the dog back to the back office to die alone.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:39 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Can’t imagine just sending the dog back to the back office to die alone.

Why? We're doing the same thing to humans right now too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:22 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

yea, but I care about dogs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Exactly....

99.9% of people are idiots. The other .01% are you friends...and even then it's questionable.

We have a vet friend, so I am going to have to get in touch with him. We hope to have Lily around until next summer and beyond, but we'll just have to see.

Lily and Daisy are on instagram if you are interested. Lily has the two freckles on her nose.

https://www.instagram.com/adventuresof_lily_and_daisy/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Douchebag wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Can’t imagine doing it to a person either, especially one who is my responsibility or who actually would find comfort in me being there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
shakes wrote:

This was my biggest concern early in pandemic when my shorthair was diagnosed with bone cancer. We are pretty close to our vets and when I xpressed thus concern to the one she gave me her persona, number and told me to call when it was time and she’d come to the house and take care of him Gave me some serious pain killers too for the dog I’d it got real bad fast. Took a huge weight off my shoulders. Can’t imagine just sending the dog back to the back office to die alone.

You'd be surprised how many people say their goodbyes and let the vet techs take the dog away.

Now im fucking crying thinking back to our last couple dogs dying in my arms. Fuck.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:07 am 
1000 CLUB

I will be with her until the end.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:10 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Can’t imagine doing it to a person either, especially one who is my responsibility or who actually would find comfort in me being there.

Yeah, it's sad. We've basically decided it's okay to let people die alone in a hospital. What we're doing to old people in nursing homes now should be considered torture too. All this to keep us "safe".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I dropped a cat off to be euthanized once. Looking back I feel a little bad about it, but it was just a cat so you know....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:21 am 
1000 CLUB

I was with my cat when he died.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
My uncle passed away last night. Lived in Colorado, but I remember seeing him a lot in my youth. Saw him a handful of times in the last five years. I’ll miss ya, Dick. He was a great dude.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:05 am 
1000 CLUB

sorry greg. :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Sorry to hear Greg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 190  Next