It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:06 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I really love getting an email at 7:30 pm the night before leaving town on vacation asking for more information to set up products. I’d been asking to get details from a guy at work and after 2 weeks he finally met with me on Monday. Last night I’m informed more info is needed which is why I tried starting this process weeks ago. Who had to go into the office this morning at 4:30 am to put out the fire? Well me of course. People....they’re the worst.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:31 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
redskingreg wrote:
My uncle passed away last night. Lived in Colorado, but I remember seeing him a lot in my youth. Saw him a handful of times in the last five years. I’ll miss ya, Dick. He was a great dude.

Condolences, Greg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Tall Midget wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
My uncle passed away last night. Lived in Colorado, but I remember seeing him a lot in my youth. Saw him a handful of times in the last five years. I’ll miss ya, Dick. He was a great dude.

Condolences, Greg.

Thanks, TM. Hopefully we can have a celebration of life ceremony next year when times are precedented.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Condolences Greg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:07 am 

Doing some banking this weekend and saw money in there for yearly tax payment that we escrow. I've had it where the bank pays it and this bank sends the money to us and we pay it. Anyway, we were aware of a tax increase this year so we went on the city site to see if we had enough to cover it. Turns out my tax bill went up by over $1100 this year. I had forgotten that this spring the city decided to reassess my property. I am sure we popped up on their radar after purchasing in late 2019. Hopefully the $800 shortfall is the last kick in the balls this house and 2020 gives us this year. I am sure I should have followed up and contacted the bank to readjust the numbers, but this happened shortly after COVID and it completely slipped my mind. Ugh...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Just give them a call, T-Bone. They can write it off.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:53 am 

K Effective wrote:
Just give them a call, T-Bone. They can write it off.

:wink: I wish they could.....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:22 am 

Well, at least you can write it off, if you itemize, at least.

Grandpa always said he never minded paying taxes because it meant he actually made a profit that year. You can at least realize some increased value in your fine domicile.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Just found out our insurance representative for work passed away from Covid over the weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:18 am 

K Effective wrote:

Grandpa always said he never minded paying taxes because it meant he actually made a profit that year. You can at least realize some increased value in your fine domicile.

Yes we are refinancing already with the low rates and they had to come in and do an appraisal and were thankful that it came back a nice chunk higher than what we paid 15 months ago.
Sometimes you never know. We had a couple of neighbors near us that dropped their shorts to sell their houses at the beginning of COVID and the Zestimate on Zillow was six figures less
than what the professional appraisal came back at. A little nerve wracking.... We will definitely do what we can to write off the property taxes, I thought you were making a Seinfeld reference.
:lol: I'll definitely look into that. My wife is the one that does the taxes and I am pretty sure she does that. Thanks for the tip.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:26 am 

T-Bone wrote:
K Effective wrote:

Yes we are refinancing already with the low rates and they had to come in and do an appraisal and were thankful that it came back a nice chunk higher than what we paid 15 months ago.
Sometimes you never know. We had a couple of neighbors near us that dropped their shorts to sell their houses at the beginning of COVID and the Zestimate on Zillow was six figures less
than what the professional appraisal came back at. A little nerve wracking.... We will definitely do what we can to write off the property taxes, I thought you were making a Seinfeld reference.

KRAMER: You want to get outta here? Here's what we do. We leave the car here, we take the plates off, we scratch the serial number off the engine block, and we walk away.

JERRY: Walk away?

KRAMER: You've got insurance. You tell them that the car was stolen, and then you get another one free.

JERRY: Isn't there a deductible?

KRAMER: All right, what is your deductible?

JERRY: I don't know.

KRAMER: Yes, because they've already deducted it.

JERRY: From what?

KRAMER: The car, which we're leaving. So the net is zero. See you pocket the money, if there is any, and you get a new car.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:27 am 

T-Bone wrote:
[ I thought you were making a Seinfeld reference. :lol:

:oops: I was, just not a very good one, apparently

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
So my braggart buddy texts me to tell me his family is a double comma family. I didn't know what that means and at first I thought he was going to tell me his son had come out or was transitioning. (My wife and I both have those thoughts about him.) I had a laugh after finding out what it means.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:48 am 

DAC wrote:
So my braggart buddy texts me to tell me his family is a double comma family. I didn't know what that means and at first I thought he was going to tell me his son had come out or was transitioning. (My wife and I both have those thoughts about him.) I had a laugh after finding out what it means.

He has as many kids as Nas?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
DAC wrote:

Curious Hair, what does this mean?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:41 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's

two commas.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:51 pm 

Not really a complaint so much as something that is just really hard to grasp.

Reconnected the last couple days with an old friend. Dude was married to smoking hot wife with 3 kids. In the last few years he has divorced this wife and is now married to a short fat bald dude who is like 10 yrs older than him. His wife caught him having an affair with this dude.

Craziness.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Scot(t) with one t was like a 5 consecutive commas guy.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:23 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Scot(t) with one t was like a 5 consecutive commas guy.

There's a couple of old guys on one of the tractor/farming boards i frequent who use the ,,,, and ,,,,, routinely in their posts. At first I thought they were having a stroke or had some sort of condition, but now I know that it just takes all kinds, and many of the other kinds are very weird.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
We had to make the very tough decision to discontinue chemo treatment for our pup this week, as he barely even responded to the most recent last-ditch therapy for his lymphoma. He's got a week, maybe a couple, left of normal-ish health, and then I'm told it gets real ugly, real quick. Won't even make it near his sixth birthday.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
We had to make the very tough decision to discontinue chemo treatment for our pup this week, as he barely even responded to the most recent last-ditch therapy for his lymphoma. He's got a week, maybe a couple, left of normal-ish health, and then I'm told it gets real ugly, real quick. Won't even make it near his sixth birthday.

Sorry to hear about that. The poor little guy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:26 pm 

Sorry to hear JLN, that is a tough deal. My guy turns 8 early next year and as big a pain in the ass as he is, definitely been the healthiest dog I've ever owned. Hope you get to spend some time with him and spoil him with a few good meals.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Sorry to hear, JLN. That sucks.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
T-Bone wrote:

Sorry to hear JLN, that is a tough deal. My guy turns 8 early next year and as big a pain in the ass as he is, definitely been the healthiest dog I've ever owned. Hope you get to spend some time with him and spoil him with a few good meals.

Thanks. Yeah he's gotten a raw deal, just the lovingest, best-behaved animal I could have hoped for in the first dog that I raised, and to have him be taken like this, with all that's happened this year, man it just plain old sucks. But yeah, he's been getting the green light to beg to his heart's content. Last night he had homemade empanadas, tonight is probably roasted chicken and later some of the whipped topping off the remaining french silk pie.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Just found out a HS friend died last night. I played center and he was my QB. Another HS buddy died last week. Unreal.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Franky T wrote:
Just found out a HS friend died last night. I played center and he was my QB. Another HS buddy died last week. Unreal.

Sorry to hear this Franky.

Covid?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Seacrest wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Sorry to hear this Franky.

Covid?

Heart attack and cancer. Both really fit and in shape guys too.

I think I'll be getting drunk tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
someone filed for unemployment in my name. I and the office have filed it as fraudulent but letters keep coming and prepaid debit cards have now shown up twice at the house. I don't get how this scam works.

my friend works for HR at John Deere and says they get 100's of these a week and it typically takes 2 months to finally clear up. she said she was surprised that i'm getting the debit cards typically the debit cards are sent elsewhere she thinks.

So i'm going to amass these debit cards for a while I guess. I have no idea what to do with them and IDES people i talked to today are like we don't know what you should do with them either.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The transmission on my car gave out last week. I knew it was on its last legs ('08 Escape, 145K miles), but still was hoping I could limp it thru the Spring/Summer with just starting a new job that required 80 miles roundtrip of travel. But it was not to be, so I'll be car shopping this week. First time ever we'll have two car payments in our household. Yay 2021!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
This is more of a pet peeve that's been bugging me.

Why do companies still sell the old-fashioned can openers with the cutting wheel? (I guess I should rephrase... why do people still buy them?)

Those can openers not only leave you with a sharp, sometimes jagged lid to dispose of, but the opener needs to be cleaned after every use and inevitably becomes disgusting.

The "new" type of opener, which came out decades ago, has a rotating wheel that removes the lid from the can by separating the seal. The lid comes off easily with no sharp edges and can actually be placed back on the can if you want to put the can in the fridge. And best of all, the opener stays completely clean. Mine is probably 15 years old and looks like new.

I just don't understand why the old style continues to be sold. I happened to notice them at the new Amazon grocery store near my house. They ONLY sold the old kind. The new style isn't more expensive and there are no advantages to the old style. I suppose you could use the cut-off lid on the old style to strain the can's contents, but that's a stretch.

I would bet anything that someone who has used the newer style (again, decades old) would never dream of going back.

OLD STYLE
https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-C ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

NEWER STYLE
https://www.amazon.com/Good-Cook-Opener ... 949&sr=8-5

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 190  Next