It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Furious Styles wrote:
I bought another snare drum. I now have 3 and live in a condo. I should go back to buying golf gear I don't really need.

I'm sure your neighbors love it. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
my hockey playing days are now officially over. Screwed up my back with very minor contact back in early November. Doc said I needed a fusion surgery, but we tried for PT first. PT helped as did passage of time and now the pain is mostly gone, but I still can't feel most of my left foot or ankle. Now doc is saying I can avoid surgery for now since pain is down and numbness is getting a little bit better, but he says that eventually I'm going to need the fusion, could be 2 months from now or 5 years.

Either way, hockey is done. I had already retired from league play 3 years ago due to 7 back surgeries. Since then I had settled in to my new hockey career playing old man pick up hockey 3x per week. Was going great till this happened. All from just backing into the boards, not even that hard.

So with no more hockey and can't really do any elliptical till I can feel my foot again I am already expecting to be Orca fat by the time summer hits.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:26 pm 

you will always have your gold medal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
good dolphin wrote:

that's true. Very happy i was able to squeeze that in between back surgery #7 and open heart surgery #1.

What sucks is all of us from that team are still buddies and we still get together for reunions, but usually to do something active like ski or play hockey. I can't do either of those so I guess I'll just have to watch from teh sidelines with a beverage or 6.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Sorry to hear that shakes. We have had the discussion on here before about quitting sports as you age. I loved playing beer league softball, volleyball, and basketball. But the back just gives way too much, in tandem with the obvious decline in skills, that I gave them up by 40. Of course one can still do those activities, but the combination of soreness and diminished skills just hurt too bad.

I can barely throw a ball at any distance without pain. Years of playing long toss with my son took its toll on my right shoulder.

Sad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
That sucks, Shakes. Both Hockey and Basketball...I have no idea how mid 40's men can still do it. It's an ACL repair waiting to happen.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

that's true. Very happy i was able to squeeze that in between back surgery #7 and open heart surgery #1.

What sucks is all of us from that team are still buddies and we still get together for reunions, but usually to do something active like ski or play hockey. I can't do either of those so I guess I'll just have to watch from teh sidelines with a beverage or 6.

May I give your acceptance introduction when you are inducted into the Maccabees Hall of Fame?

Still one of the best stories ever told here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:20 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Sorry to hear that shakes. We have had the discussion on here before about quitting sports as you age. I loved playing beer league softball, volleyball, and basketball. But the back just gives way too much, in tandem with the obvious decline in skills, that I gave them up by 40. Of course one can still do those activities, but the combination of soreness and diminished skills just hurt too bad.

I can barely throw a ball at any distance without pain. Years of playing long toss with my son took its toll on my right shoulder.

Sad.

I can sympathize. I first hurt my shoulder as a kid, but was able to largely get to throw with my sons. And then I reinjured it awkwardly grabbing a rail to prevent falling down what I didn't notice was a staircase that was icy in a couple of spots.

And hasn't healed in a year

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
elbow surgery is on the table for me. going to hold off as long as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I tore m shoulder up late in high school and finished I off in college when I was tackled and landed funny on it. Never hurt it majorly but it tighened up and I really can’t get my arm into the proper throwing slot anymore. Never had much of an arm but that finished it..

My hockey career ended at 43. Was having Achilles issues and watched a team mate go down awkwardly breaking both bones in his left leg just above the boot. It looked so innocent but I realized that working on my own and on my feet I really had to evaluate the risk. Later that summer screwed up my ankle which removed the possibility of going back and this year the rink is closed so the decision was easy.

Sorry to hear about your back shakes. That’s a tough deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I've got the Rona (antigen test). Feels like I have a cold with a slight fever. Hopefully it stays that way. Gotta say I'm pretty pissed off because I have followed all the rules.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Franky T wrote:
I've got the Rona (antigen test). Feels like I have a cold with a slight fever. Hopefully it stays that way. Gotta say I'm pretty pissed off because I have followed all the rules.

Can they tell you which version you have?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:

Sounds similar to mine Franky. I'm feeling better everyday so hopefully the worst is over for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Wait until you hit 60 and then deeply, DEEPLY regret dicking around on the ice in your mid-40s. Dude, once the arthritis sets in, you are fucked with a capital F. It's not like a knee that you can get replaced.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Can they tell you which version you have?

No. I also got a PCR at one of the state sites so maybe they'll look at it. I'm going to be a double counter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
We had a party last week and our neighbors (at the party) a couple days later tested positive for COVID and then our in-laws at the party also tested positive. Both my wife and I tested negative(she got the vaccine) but I have no idea how I tested negative considering I shared a bong with the neighbors. Illinois has to be messing with the numbers to open stuff up now, cause eveyyone I know is testing positive for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

uh...I guess you guys got lucky? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:17 pm 

I guess so. Both my wife and I told everyone advance of the party there would be a significant crowd so it's not on us. They all chose to come. Nobody is seriously sick(that I know of).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:17 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
We had a party last week and our neighbors (at the party) a couple days later tested positive for COVID and then our in-laws at the party also tested positive. Both my wife and I tested negative(she got the vaccine) but I have no idea how I tested negative considering I shared a bong with the neighbors. Illinois has to be messing with the numbers to open stuff up now, cause eveyyone I know is testing positive for it.

Bongwater Bob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:20 pm 

I even cleaned up my garage, setup tables and had propane heating to accommodate an "outdoor space", hardly anybody used it. I did my part. Not going own any guilt here. Nope.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Did you invite Frank?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Furious Styles wrote:
Did you invite Frank?
Who do you think brought the Covid?

And the bong?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Between Trump's plan reducing withholding amounts and limits on deductions I am pretty pissed off with this year's likely tax bill amount. I never understand why they have a process to make sure W4's are correct and then it is wrong by so much. Rich guy problems blah blah blah.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
pittmike wrote:
Between Trump's plan reducing withholding amounts and limits on deductions I am pretty pissed off with this year's likely tax bill amount. I never understand why they have a process to make sure W4's are correct and then it is wrong by so much. Rich guy problems blah blah blah.

I know Trump ranted how tremendous it was, but factually speaking....it was the Paul Ryan Tax bill.

Similarly, my big complaint is the max deduction for dependents is limited to 17 years old and under. Kids do not get out of high school at 17 anymore so how in the fuck is my 18 year old HS Senior supposed to not be fully deducted. Bullshit.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
DD large coffee - $2.97...That's $1 more than McD's.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:05 am 

pittmike wrote:

I pay estimated each year. Once I get my March bonus, I just figure out what my final wage income will be and pay the tax difference. They are withholding at around 19% of taxable, and I generally end up in the low 30’s percent area for effective tax rate.

And yes Golden, the DD coffee’s keep creeping up in price. I by the whole beans and brew them at home during WFH.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:07 am 

$3.94 blonde redeye from Starbucks.

Many free refills on account of ladies love Furious.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:10 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
$3.94 blonde redeye from Starbucks.

Many free refills on account of ladies love Furious.

What were their names before they transitioned?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:14 am 

Dennis, for one.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:14 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Dennis, for one.

Just make sure you shave him before you kiss him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 190  Next