It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:51 am 

It only matters that they are one of the four best in the country at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
RFDC wrote:
But they are not the best team in the country right now.

That's just it--I think you can offer a lot of objective evidence that says that they are the best team in the nation right about now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ofcourse anything can happen in the tourney, just admit they are much better than ya thought. They are a top 3 team, maybe #1.. I was laughed at ..yet proven right.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:17 am 

tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That's just it--I think you can offer a lot of objective evidence that says that they are the best team in the nation right about now.
I think the issue is that you and Dr. Ken are using one weeks worth of games as justification for the overall strength of the team.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:17 am 

312player wrote:
Ofcourse anything can happen in the tourney, just admit they are much better than ya thought. They are a top 3 team, maybe #1.. I was laughed at ..yet proven right.

I have said several times they are a very good team this year. They are capable of winning the tournament. Not sure what else you want me to say.

You have not been proven right yet. You said they were a lock for the final 4. They get there and I will admit you were right.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Brick wrote:
tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I think the issue is that you and Dr. Ken are using one weeks worth of games as justification for the overall strength of the team.

All anyone said is right now they are playing like the best team in the country and after the week they had it's hard to argue with that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:20 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Brick wrote:
tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:

One week's worth of games heading into tournament season. I'd say that's pretty important. It's a lot more important than pasting Duke at Cameron back in early December.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:24 am 

Franky T wrote:
Brick wrote:
tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:

All anyone said is right now they are playing like the best team in the country and after the week they had it's hard to argue with that.

I guess I misunderstood then. They had a great week. I still think Gonzaga, Michigan, and Baylor are better teams on the day the tournament starts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Brick wrote:
tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I guess I misunderstood then. They had a great week. I still think Gonzaga, Michigan, and Baylor are better teams on the day the tournament starts.

I don't know about Gonzaga and Baylor, but I don't know why you would think that about Michigan when Illinois just destroyed them (without their best player) and Michigan also lost to Michigan State while the Illini were pounding other highly ranked teams.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't know about Gonzaga and Baylor, but I don't know why you would think that about Michigan when Illinois just destroyed them (without their best player) and Michigan also lost to Michigan State while the Illini were pounding other highly ranked teams.
Michigan had a bad week after being FAR SUPERIOR to Illinois every other week of the year prior to the last one. The BTT should be interesting. I think that will show if it was just a bad week for Michigan or if they've been exposed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I'm definitely looking forward to watching them in the Big 10 and actual tournament. A lot of things have to fall your way to make it far. We've seen #1 seeds get pushed harder and earlier in the big dance the last 10 years than ever before. You can't afford to lay an egg and move on in most cases but being a #1 makes it easier to do it than everyone else. I get nit picky with the Illini because they are the only team I am truly passionate about. The 3 biggest factors for these guys is going to be turnovers, free throw shooting and foul trouble for Cockburn. Their defense this past week has been impressive and even though I saw some easy back door hoops again Michigan, they can really lock it down, especially the guards up front. Frazier is a bulldog out there and has the quickest set of feet and hands I have seen in a long time. The first guy I thought of was Greg Anthony from UNLV. Streaky shooter, great ball handler and defender.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:24 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Michigan had a bad week after being FAR SUPERIOR to Illinois every other week of the year prior to the last one. The BTT should be interesting. I think that will show if it was just a bad week for Michigan or if they've been exposed.

:lol: I'm sure it will.

I don't know how they've been "FAR SUPERIOR" to Illinois. One team has 3 losses. the other has 5 with one of those coming vs. Baylor. They've gone head-to-head once with Illinois winning by 23 without Ayo. Anyway, even if your contention is true, they don't play "One Shining Moment" in November.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:34 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't know how they've been "FAR SUPERIOR" to Illinois. One team has 3 losses. the other has 5 with one of those coming vs. Baylor. They've gone head-to-head once with Illinois winning by 23 without Ayo. Anyway, even if your contention is true, they don't play "One Shining Moment" in November.
They were FAR SUPERIOR prior to the game where Illinois did run them out of the gym.

We'll see what happens in the BTT. That's my only point. Michigan didn't forget how to play basketball 6 days ago.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:47 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
They were FAR SUPERIOR prior to the game where Illinois did run them out of the gym.

Based on what?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
If you think Illinois really is 23 points better than Mich there's probably really no convincing you of anything else.

I think IL/MI/IA are creams of the crop. If these teams played series, all of them would go to game 7's. IL is playing its best ball at the right time out of all B10 teams I think. but any of these teams can lose their first game on friday.

I think IL guaranteed a 1 seed regardless of what happens. IA has to win it all. Michigan needs to beat MSU/Mary and not get blown out in the next loss.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:05 am 

Iowa is not making it to the F4. Not enough defense. They'll make the S16 though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:27 pm 

Brick wrote:
Iowa is not making it to the F4. Not enough defense. They'll make the S16 though.

Iowa is a real good team, could beat anybody with Garza carrying em. If they donf play a conference team the first few games they should stick around.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:00 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Still the best team in the country.

And Baylor goes down.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:11 pm 

Looking forward to the game against Iowa today. Also bumping the proper Illini basketball thread because whistler is a dumbass troll.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:47 pm 

:lol: my god they make it seem like no one else has ever worn a mask..

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:33 pm 

Great game, scrappy Iowa hanging around.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:46 pm 

Big first half from Kofi. Keep feeding him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:55 pm 

They look really good right now. They may actually be the best team in the country. I still think Baylor is better. Maybe we will get to see them matchup in the tourney

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
RFDC wrote:
They look really good right now. They may actually be the best team in the country. I still think Baylor is better. Maybe we will get to see them matchup in the tourney

Yeah it is painful. They are great. Between the Illini and White Sox, it is shaping up to be a tough year for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:52 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
RFDC wrote:

I knew you’d come around.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:59 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

Based on what?

Based on what?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:08 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

Based on what?

Based on what?

Somebody better flag Michigan down.

I think they are still running.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:28 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I like the high expectations. Will make it even more fun to see them fall. :D That is the joy of college sports.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:34 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I like the high expectations. Will make it even more fun to see them fall. :D That is the joy of college sports.

If Kofi gets the Sean May ref special for his NCAA run, nobody will come within 10 points of them and most teams will only have 3 players on the court at the end of the game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Kofi got some rest today so should come out fresh tomorrow. This team has really improved over the season. They are legit contenders for a title. They just have options all over the place and play good opportunistic D.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next