It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
This fucking state. I get a bright yellow post card in the mail yesterday from the Illinois Department of Regulation. There is a new requirement for state license holders, a CPA in my case. I need to perform sexual harassment training. Not only will it cost $42, but it will waste an hour of my time.

You go through these stupid videos several times every year at work anyway....

Sigh.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:52 am 

denisdman wrote:
This fucking state. I get a bright yellow post card in the mail yesterday from the Illinois Department of Regulation. There is a new requirement for state license holders, a CPA in my case. I need to perform sexual harassment training. Not only will it cost $42, but it will waste an hour of my time.

Sigh.

then you should learn from the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vAbCzkUXJQ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:57 am 

Hah, yeah, the real poke in the eye is that a big part of our insurance offering is covering companies against these suits.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I got ur surveymonkey right here

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:29 am 

denisdman wrote:

Sigh.

Check to see if your particular trade association has a free tutorial. I know there was one for lawyers. It was put together by IDR. It was a power point that took almost no time to read and it is self certifying should you choose to not read.

I think IDR actually has it on their website.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:30 am 

Sounds like we need to setup a gofundme for denis.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: John's
An hour of your time and $45

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:41 am 

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Sigh.

Check to see if your particular trade association has a free tutorial. I know there was one for lawyers. It was put together by IDR. It was a power point that took almost no time to read and it is self certifying should you choose to not read.

I think IDR actually has it on their website.

Nice tip. I will check that out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
denisdman wrote:
Not only will it cost $42,
Caller Bob wrote:
An hour of your time and $45

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Today marks five years. 25% of her life. Heavy load. RIP Princess.

Last edited by pittmike on Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:16 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
pittmike wrote:
Today marks five years. 20% of her life. Heavy load. RIP Princess.

I can't imagine what you've gone through over the past five years. You're in my thoughts, Mike.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
Today marks five years. 20% of her life. Heavy load. RIP Princess.

:cry:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:28 am 

Best wishes PM.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:30 am 

Sorry Mike.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:32 am 

Sorry Mike. :cry: :cry:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Wishing you the best today, mike.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Very sorry, Mike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
That is definitely not a "complain about something nobody cares about" issue.

Remember the good times, Mike!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:00 am 

Very sorry Mike.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:23 pm 

back during the real cold weather one of our vehicles wouldn't start. When it warmed up, it started, but acted like it didnt really want to most times. Took it to the shop and had the oil changed and had them check it out. They said it was good to go. This morning come out and completely dead.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
RFDC wrote:
back during the real cold weather one of our vehicles wouldn't start. When it warmed up, it started, but acted like it didnt really want to most times. Took it to the shop and had the oil changed and had them check it out. They said it was good to go. This morning come out and completely dead.

read the room, dude.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I'm stuck 5 grand playing Hold 'em and some QAS Karen calls the cops!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:35 am 
Site Admin

As I have mentioned, I am in a permanent boycott against the Pony Shop because their COVID policy is to treat customers as if they have leprosy. I never had any issues with the work they did and I was quite satisfied with them as my go-to bike shop prior to the pandemic. They do have a little hipper-than-thou attitude as if they're more concerned about how they are going to fare at Dirty Kanza than with fixing your bike. I mean these are what I would call bike nerds.

So I took my bike to another place that has been around forever, and I mean that almost literally. I think it's been there since the 30s. I'm not gonna mention the name of the shop, because my problem with them is more about style than egregious personal insult or poor workmanship. These guys are anything but bike nerds. They're old hippies. In fact, when I go into the shop I feel as if I'm the bike nerd. They fix as many Schwinns for ten year old kids as they do $6000 road bikes. But they have a real laissez faire attitude. I need my fucking bike. I took it in there a week ago last Thursday and the guy told me I could have it maybe on the 8th but no later than the 12th. I told him to try to make it the 8th because I hate missing days. Well, I called on the 12th and they told me they were working on it right then. So I called back Friday morning and he told me he had to order the tire and it would arrive until tomorrow. The bike has been sitting there over a week. Couldn't they have ordered the tire right away? Now it probably won't be ready until this Thursday. That's two whole weeks I'm without a bike.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a decent bike shop on the far North side?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:40 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
As I have mentioned, I am in a permanent boycott against the Pony Shop because their COVID policy is to treat customers as if they have leprosy. I never had any issues with the work they did and I was quite satisfied with them as my go-to bike shop prior to the pandemic. They do have a little hipper-than-thou attitude as if they're more concerned about how they are going to fare at Dirty Kanza than with fixing your bike. I mean these are what I would call bike nerds.

So I took my bike to another place that has been around forever, and I mean that almost literally. I think it's been there since the 30s. I'm not gonna mention the name of the shop, because my problem with them is more about style than egregious personal insult or poor workmanship. These guys are anything but bike nerds. They're old hippies. In fact, when I go into the shop I feel as if I'm the bike nerd. They fix as many Schwinns for ten year old kids as they do $6000 road bikes. But they have a real laissez faire attitude. I need my fucking bike. I took it in there a week ago last Thursday and the guy told me I could have it maybe on the 8th but no later than the 12th. I told him to try to make it the 8th because I hate missing days. Well, I called on the 12th and they told me they were working on it right then. So I called back Friday morning and he told me he had to order the tire and it would arrive until tomorrow. The bike has been sitting there over a week. Couldn't they have ordered the tire right away? Now it probably won't be ready until this Thursday. That's two whole weeks I'm without a bike.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a decent bike shop on the far North side?

You ever try the Pony Shop?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: John's
You know what really sucks? Being a dog owner(a dog that likes to dig btw) in March, when it's raining and the grass is still dormant. RIP to my carpet. I'm really thinking about turning the backyard into a bunch of river rocks like Walter White in Breaking Bad..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

sounds more like someone on the inside wanted it shut down

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:18 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

sounds more like someone on the inside wanted it shut down

Probably the guy who was winning!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It didn't work out. You fucked up. Next time just walk into Pony Shop and announce, "I have leprosy. Can you fix my bike?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Pony Shop was my go-to when I lived in the area, although they did fuck up a couple of repairs. Have you tried Wheel & Sprocket? Or what about the co-op on Paulina?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
so...while I am happy to have received my first covid shot...my arm feels like Mike Tyson punched it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 190  Next