It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2021 NFL Draft
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hussra wrote:
You really fault Belichick for taking Garoppolo late in the 2nd round?...seems about right

I don't fault him. It's just not a reason to believe he has a strong ability to scout qb talent. Jimmy G was a projected second round pick. He mostly sat behind Tom Brady and then the 49ers paid a lot to get him and now they are literally saying that they can't guarantee he will even be alive by Sunday when asked if he will be on the roster by Sunday.

They're still demanding a 1st to trade him though :lol:
The 20th pick sounds about right.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hussra wrote:
You really fault Belichick for taking Garoppolo late in the 2nd round?...seems about right

I don't fault him. It's just not a reason to believe he has a strong ability to scout qb talent. Jimmy G was a projected second round pick. He mostly sat behind Tom Brady and then the 49ers paid a lot to get him and now they are literally saying that they can't guarantee he will even be alive by Sunday when asked if he will be on the roster by Sunday.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Which is really the only trade that pace could make that would have any real logic to it.

Even though I don't think that Jimmy G is a long term answer either.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hussra wrote:

If Mac Jones is worth 3 1sts then Jimmy is worth one at least

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Which is really the only trade that pace could make that would have any real logic to it.

He struggles to read defenses and holds the ball too long as a result. This explains why he is injured so often. He was the same guy in NE and doesn't seem to have improved at all since moving to San Francisco. He is neither a long-term nor a short-term answer for the Bears.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:12 pm 

I don't know how people can scout the little that Lance has produced versus Fields and reach the conclusion that they would rather have Lance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:15 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I don't know how people can scout the little that Lance has produced versus Fields and reach the conclusion that they would rather have Lance.

Applies to Lance, Wilson, and Mac

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Mac isn't even in the conversation to me. He may get picked close to Fields but he is light years behind as a prospect. I don't think he is a first round talent. I don't think Lance has earned a first round selection. Wilson is a legit first rounder but I'd still take Fields over him

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Mac isn't even in the conversation to me. He may get picked close to Fields but he is light years behind as a prospect. I don't think he is a first round talent. I don't think Lance has earned a first round selection. Wilson is a legit first rounder but I'd still take Fields over him

I just saw a mock in which Mac went 40th to the Broncos.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:20 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Especially when it's clear that the Ohio State curse on quarterbacks is being discussed by the same people who didn't talk about the failures of LSU quarterbacks in the NFL just a year ago.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:22 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I just saw a mock in which Mac went 40th to the Broncos.

To be third string, just like with most of his first three seasons in Tuscaloosa.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
good dolphin wrote:

If Fields falls its going to be because he's slow thru his progressions and wasn't impressive in the interviews. His coaches say he was instructed to hang on his primary longer because they feel with their superiority in talent the primary will win eventually. That explanation looks better if he does well when he's being grilled about concepts but if he doesn't its going to raise a red flag.

Lance is supposed to be very impressive in interviews. At North Dakota State he worked with the coaches on the gameplan, set the protections, and made all the calls. If he goes #3 it will be because he blew Shanahan away in the interview to go along with the obvious physical tools.

Nobody knows what's going to happen...this could all be smoke and Fields goes #3.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Id take Lance over Fields, Id take Trask over Jones. Mac Jones should go in the 6th round, I got 10 guys over him. I think Lance is going to be very good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Especially when it's clear that the Ohio State curse on quarterbacks is being discussed by the same people who didn't talk about the failures of LSU quarterbacks in the NFL just a year ago.

is the LSU curse a thing? you have like 3 QB's in history to work off of, YA Tittle, JaMarcus Russell and Matt Flynn... Flynn was drafted in the 7th round...can't really say Flynn didn't live up to expectations for a QB drafted at the ass-end of
the draft. Out of LSU, it's really only JaMarcus Russell who got drafted at the top of the draft and then crashed and burned in the NFL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
It is probably not fair but on top of the OSU curse that Haskins debacle hurts Fields.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:39 pm 

as much fun as it is to troll tOSU fans about their school's shitty QB history, guessing Justin Fields stock falling in the draft has more to do with (i) medical concerns and (ii) Fields only completing 50% of his passes and throwing 5 picks in the games against Indiana/Northwestern/Bama than the awful disasters Buckeye QB's have been in the NFL. It's only 3 games but Ohio State only played 8 games this season

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hussra wrote:

He struggles to read defenses and holds the ball too long as a result. This explains why he is injured so often. He was the same guy in NE and doesn't seem to have improved at all since moving to San Francisco. He is neither a long-term nor a short-term answer for the Bears.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:50 am 

The Teddy Bridgewater trade has driven down the value of Jimmy G. Depending on how much of his bloated salary the Niners pay, anywhere from an early 3rd round pick to a 6th(!) round pick for Garoppolo in the current, post Bridgewater to Denver market. Assuming for a 6th round pick the team trading for Garoppolo assumes the lion's share of his salary and vice versa for a 3rd round or earlier pick.

These guys think Garoppolo to the Patriots is virtually a done deal, just a question of working out the details. Wonder if Belichick would send Cam back to the Niners and the Niners could pair up Newton with Fields or Lance as a mentor for a season. Newton and Fields already reportedly have a good relationship. If Newton teaches Fields to slide and not bowl over linebackers.

Shanahan's experience with RGIII and to an extent Jimmy G (who would take off running after he fucked up reads) and their resulting injuries Shanahan's gun-shy about drafting a running QB--so it's prolly Mac Jones going 3rd overall to the Niners.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:

Jimmy G should never have had the traction he has had due to this. Just the fact that Pats and Niners don’t want him is enough to render him nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:57 am 

esp if they end up getting fleeced by Belichick trading Garoppolo back to NE. Maybe the Niners are gonna surprise everyone and take Pitts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:58 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Doubt that would happen but Rodgers going back to Cal territory would make his legend complete. God, I hate him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:04 am 

RFDC wrote:

That guys is a complete buffoon and that has already been debunked.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
says confirmed by others... so that's good enough for me to believe it!!

hurry up and pound the niners team wins over while you still can

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:36 am 

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:51 am 

It's really a shame that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was such a winner. Maybe they should have stuck with Foles all season.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:49 pm 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
:lol: That's fantastic, conns! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:13 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Given his injury history because of reckless play, I wouldn't touch Wilson.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next