It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:12 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
RFDC wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
My feet are trash. I get a pedicure every month, it's awesome and completely worth it.

Now that makes sense.

Dr. Ken not so much. But I do understand wifes can wear you down

I have the sense that gd will be disappointed with my pimp hand.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
RFDC wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
My feet are trash. I get a pedicure every month, it's awesome and completely worth it.

Now that makes sense.

Dr. Ken not so much. But I do understand wifes can wear you down

I have the sense that gd will be disappointed with my pimp hand.

No pics???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:42 pm 

It's not fully a complaint, but I gotta find out why my sons find it so amusing to not tell me when they're coming home. My youngest flew in from Santa Monica caught the el and a bus to get here and came in the door startling the hell out of me.

But in all honesty I'm so glad he's here that I've spent the last 90 minutes trying hard to push money into his hands.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
It's not fully a complaint, but I gotta find out why my sons find it so amusing to not tell me when they're coming home. My youngest flew in from Santa Monica caught the el and a bus to get here and came in the door startling the hell out of me.

But in all honesty I'm so glad he's here that I've spent the last 90 minutes trying hard to push money into his hands.

He must love you a lot.

There is no reason I can come up with to leave Santa Monica if you don't have to.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:53 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

He must love you a lot.

There is no reason I can come up with to leave Santa Monica if you don't have to.

:lol: It should be noted that his girlfriend of 3.5 years will be here tomorrow as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

He must love you a lot.

:lol: It should be noted that his girlfriend of 3.5 years will be here tomorrow as well.

Sounds like some type of announcement may be forthcoming.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:59 pm 

Congrats Grandpa RR!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:09 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Congrats Grandpa RR!

:lol: Little chance anytime soon, his gf is a year from med school and highly motivated. And I hope she remains that way.

And my oldest is petrified of having kids before marriage; he's more interested in stacking paper for awhile. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Congrats Grandpa RR!

:lol: Little chance anytime soon, his gf is a year from med school and highly motivated. And I hope she remains that way.

And my oldest is petrified of having kids before marriage; he's more interested in stacking paper for awhile. :D

Engagement then?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:16 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Congrats Grandpa RR!

Engagement then?

Despite their youth it's fine with me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Adding a doctor and grandkid to the clan. Thats quite a week, RR!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

He must love you a lot.

We will prefer to think that it is you. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:54 pm 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:17 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Just think it is a bad look when some of the executives at my company decide to drive their luxury cars into work. Yesterday there was a $330,000 Ferrari in the lot and just wedged in there with the cars belonging to us other serfs. Our stock price is at an all time high, they haven't given us a merit increase in 2 years and this douche thought it was a good idea to drive in his car that he likely bought with his stock options. :x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:20 am 

My wife begged me to take a trip with her to see her daughter in Phoenix. I told her it was going to be hot and I didn't want to go but agreed just to be a nice guy and not create some kind of rift over it. Looking like 117 degrees every day I am there next week. WTF... I was going to bring my golf clubs and at least enjoy that part of the trip but someone put a 2 inch door ding in my car that I needed to get fixed last week and when I went to get my oil changed they found a large bubble in the sidewall of my tire so needed to replace that. There goes the golf budget for AZ. Oh well, would have been too hot anyway I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:03 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Is this when we say it’s a dry heat, t-bone?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
T-Bone wrote:
Just think it is a bad look when some of the executives at my company decide to drive their luxury cars into work. Yesterday there was a $330,000 Ferrari in the lot and just wedged in there with the cars belonging to us other serfs. Our stock price is at an all time high, they haven't given us a merit increase in 2 years and this douche thought it was a good idea to drive in his car that he likely bought with his stock options. :x

When my wife worked at a not-for-profit she used to tell me about how they did things and I would tell her, "You know that's not how shit works in the real for profit world, right?" I mean, the level of incompetence was laughable. And this is a big NFP that everyone here knows or has heard about. My wife didn't really know any different because she had worked at this place most of her adult life.

Anyway, they had this guy who was a consultant and while not what I would call a brilliant guy, he was a little sharper than most of the career NFP people. He managed to weasel his way in and he used the kind of office politics that most of these people didn't understand to backstab everyone in the IT department and get himself the CIO job.

Well, when Tesla first started this guy bought himself the sportiest, most expensive one. He had a special parking space right at the first level of the garage and he had a charger installed just for his car.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:09 am 

redskingreg wrote:

Maybe... I've never been to the southwest before so it should be something. I get warm in temps over 80 degrees so this should be extreme. The hotel has multiple pools at least.
Going to have to get some SPF 50+

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:42 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
T-Bone wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Maybe... I've never been to the southwest before so it should be something. I get warm in temps over 80 degrees so this should be extreme. The hotel has multiple pools at least.

I was in Phoenix one year when it was 100+ everyday. We played golf in it. Stay hydrated.

The lack of humidity really does make a difference. Just don't touch any metal doorknobs without a towel.

117 is pretty high but I don't think you'll find it as bad as you think it will be.

Say hi to bigfan while you're there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:22 am 

T-Bone wrote:

You want a bad look? There is a guy in the neighborhood who used to be an elected member of the water reclamation district before he got out ahead of the heat, now he is a lobbyist tooling around the neighborhood in a similarly priced ferrari.

I'm sure there will be a gofundme for his family started by the yentas of the neighborhood when the chickens finally come home to roost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:24 am 

good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

You want a bad look? There is a guy in the neighborhood who used to be an elected member of the water reclamation district before he got out ahead of the heat, now he is a lobbyist tooling around the neighborhood in a similarly priced ferrari.

I'm sure there will be a gofundme for his family started by the yentas of the neighborhood when the chickens finally come home to roost

You buy a ferrari so people know you have a ferrari. No reason to keep it in the garage.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

You buy a ferrari so people know you have a ferrari. No reason to keep it in the garage.

I learned a hard lesson about conspicuous consumerism when we built that house in Winnetka. We used the best materials, the construction was impeccable, and the house was extremely tasteful, not at all crass like many of the modern McMansions. The wife of a real rich guy I happen to know from Kenilworth was interested. They came to see it and the guy said to me, "If I spend $3.5 million on a house, I want everyone to know I spent $3.5 million."

If I ever build another spec home- doubtful- I'll make sure it's as crass and obnoxious as the market demands.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I learned a hard lesson about conspicuous consumerism when we built that house in Winnetka. We used the best materials, the construction was impeccable, and the house was extremely tasteful, not at all crass like many of the modern McMansions. The wife of a real rich guy I happen to know from Kenilworth was interested. They came to see it and the guy said to me, "If I spend $3.5 million on a house, I want everyone to know I spent $3.5 million."

If I ever build another spec home- doubtful- I'll make sure it's as crass and obnoxious as the market demands.

Use any one of these as a rubric:

https://www.zillow.com/homes/South-Barrington,-IL_rb/

Love to watch the TV on my extremely long couches.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:07 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: Thats brutal. Looks like a fancy airport lounge.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:

WTF is going on here?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
T-Bone wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

We've made several trip to Vegas in July and my advise to you is to hit the pool first thing in the morning and try to find a beach chair that is in the shade (assuming that's an option). Those spots will get snapped up quickly so try to get there as soon as the pool opens.

And while it's true that the lack of humidity helps, 110° is still damn hot so I wouldn't plan on spending much time outside during the afternoon. When I was involved with a project in Phoenix I was surprised to find that almost all construction-related jobs start @ 4am in the Summer so they can head home before it becomes unbearable.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

:lol: I bet it didn't even have a gate to protect against a crime rate equal to Antarctica too!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:11 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

We've made several trip to Vegas in July and my advise to you is to hit the pool first thing in the morning and try to find a beach chair that is in the shade (assuming that's an option). Those spots will get snapped up quickly so try to get there as soon as the pool opens.

And while it's true that the lack of humidity helps, 110° is still damn hot so I wouldn't plan on spending much time outside during the afternoon. When I was involved with a project in Phoenix I was surprised to find that almost all construction-related jobs start @ 4am in the Summer so they can head home before it becomes unbearable.

Take THAT Ron Wofely

Chicago wins again!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:11 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

WTF is going on here?

It looks like a sultan's harem

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
5 acres of land and all the burnt curry smell you can imagine!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 190  Next