It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:
If Disney World is the happiest place on earth, Myrtle Beach is the trashiest. Ugly people, living ugly, from which they are taking an ugly vacation. Ayn Rand envisioned some different result when she implored man to seek his own happiness as the moral purpose of life. She was wrong and Myrtle Beach is a perfect refutation.

Should have gone 2 hours south to Hilton Head....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
If Disney World is the happiest place on earth, Myrtle Beach is the trashiest. Ugly people, living ugly, from which they are taking an ugly vacation. Ayn Rand envisioned some different result when she implored man to seek his own happiness as the moral purpose of life. She was wrong and Myrtle Beach is a perfect refutation.

I have always enjoyed a few islands a bit north of that area--Okracoke, Chincoteague, and Assateague. All three are great spots for family vacations.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:28 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I have always enjoyed a few islands a bit north of that area--Okracoke, Chincoteague, and Assateague. All three are great spots for family vacations.

And if you feel like getting a little trashy/partying Savanah (esp on the Riverfront) is an awesome party spot and a 30 minute drive.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Caller Bob wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
We are looking at used sedans mostly, carvana has jeeps that didn't seem too expensive and low milage. Good to know about safety and driving though. We aren't too concerned about ins cost. Since he stopped playing hockey we save a small fortune every year.

We just got rid of a Rav 4. I think it was too trucks and hurt my husband's back on longer trips.

I might push for a new one for me though. Not sure.

If you are concerned about crash safety and winter roads.....get any of the AWD Subaru cars. I've owned both an F150 and Tacoma in 4WD and the Subaru's handle the snow better than both of them.

Subaru's huh? So do they take your balls right there at the dealership, or do you send them in with the registration?
How does it work exactly?

I think it was the forester that was labeled as the official vehicle of granola lesbians when we lived out west. They outback at the time was a good snow vehicle and a common one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:30 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Marguerite Henry drawing big attention to Chincoteague, my daughter wanted to visit a lot as a young kid. Shame we never made it over there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Bob is more of a Blue Island type guy.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:41 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Bob is more of a Blue Island type guy.

What remote island will you be traversing too to get your COVID booster for the United variant, ya fucking pussy!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The same Island you will spend weeks screaming about never setting foot on, then you will travel there on day one to get your own booster. Ya fucking hypocrite genius.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:53 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I wouldn't go to either of those places by my own choice. I did a review of HH places when I was putting together a convention. It's better than Myrtle but they are in the same family.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:55 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I went to dufuskie about a decade ago and liked it. I think the place I stayed went teets up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:08 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I wouldn't go to either of those places by my own choice. I did a review of HH places when I was putting together a convention. It's better than Myrtle but they are in the same family.

Not even close.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I went to dufuskie about a decade ago and liked it. I think the place I stayed went teets up.

It’s a good place to unplug and unwind. Was there this past October. Did an Airbnb. Nice place.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:14 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Not even close.

Identical. Trash.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:42 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
DAC wrote:

Is that a Solo Stove?

Yes. It's pretty slick.

I'm considering getting the grill-top option but I'm wondering if 5 grills is too many for one man not named Steven Raichlen.

I broke down and bought it.

I have a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:44 pm 

I don't think 5 is a problem. If I bought a dedicated smoker Id be at 5 and I don't have a problem no matter what my wife says.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:48 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I don't think 5 is a problem. If I bought a dedicated smoker Id be at 5 and I don't have a problem no matter what my wife says.

More farm questions-

Do people still walk beans? Do they pull or hoe them?

Elon Musk must have created a better way to do that by now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:00 pm 

Yeah. Organic and food grade will get walked if there are weed problems. We usually have the discussion of if the weed load is at an economic impact threshold or creating one next year. Giant Ragweed the answer is always yes. Really big problems there are teams that are available to hire before and after detasselling season. I think we had to be more intense with it one year when we were doing a tofu bean as staining was an issue if green weeds went through the combine at harvest. The other way to deal with that is wait for a damn frost. Almost took a navy bean contract until I looked into it more. I figure Id have more light green beans than white ones when it was all said and done and Im not sure I'm ready to feed 100 tons of beans.

Hoes/hooks are sometimes used, I just pull them usually as our ground tends to be softer than say a baked clay would be. Was readying about a company that was working on a cotton picking robot as it would increase yield a significant amount as the robots could pick the bolls when they were ready as opposed to harvesting the whole field at once. It would seem an easy software solution to translate that to identify pigweeds, ragweeds and other broadleaves from that point. With more weeds becoming chemical tolerant in the south and the ongoing dicamba issues it would seem economical.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock

I have a problem.

Sure, it’s called too much disposable income. It’s a great problem to have.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:24 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Not even close.

Identical. Trash.

Don't know what places of Hilton Head you've stayed at, but where we stay they keep the riff raff out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Caller Bob wrote:
Don't know what places of Hilton Head you've stayed at, but where we stay they keep the riff raff out.

Umm.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:40 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Yeah. Organic and food grade will get walked if there are weed problems. We usually have the discussion of if the weed load is at an economic impact threshold or creating one next year. Giant Ragweed the answer is always yes. Really big problems there are teams that are available to hire before and after detasselling season. I think we had to be more intense with it one year when we were doing a tofu bean as staining was an issue if green weeds went through the combine at harvest. The other way to deal with that is wait for a damn frost. Almost took a navy bean contract until I looked into it more. I figure Id have more light green beans than white ones when it was all said and done and Im not sure I'm ready to feed 100 tons of beans.

Hoes/hooks are sometimes used, I just pull them usually as our ground tends to be softer than say a baked clay would be. Was readying about a company that was working on a cotton picking robot as it would increase yield a significant amount as the robots could pick the bolls when they were ready as opposed to harvesting the whole field at once. It would seem an easy software solution to translate that to identify pigweeds, ragweeds and other broadleaves from that point. With more weeds becoming chemical tolerant in the south and the ongoing dicamba issues it would seem economical.

Yeah. I was right 40 years ago. Farming is too hard.

What broke me was crawling through a field pulling gypsum weeds that stained through my gloves and turned my hands green for a week.

I decided to go another direction.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:03 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Grandpa had me hand pulling giant ragweed from the vineyard when I was about 15 years old. It had apparently escaped the spray program and was taller than the grapes, and me. I went at it like a banshee until my eyes swole shut and I couldn't stop sneezing. That started autumns of misery for the next 25 years, as I became quite allergic to the pollen. Every year from August 15 to first frost I was a snotty mess. Just about age 40 it suddenly went away, almost as suddenly as it had started.

My neighbor likes to walk the fields, especially beans. But he uses a backpack sprayer. They did walk through and pull some resistant weeds last year that he blamed on a new renter of the farm on the other side of his place. That guy has almost no spray plan and is at least two weeks late with what he does do.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:14 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Caller Bob wrote:

Subaru's huh? So do they take your balls right there at the dealership, or do you send them in with the registration?
How does it work exactly?

The sad thing is that I am not even surprised by this comment coming from you. Grow up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:48 am 

DAC wrote:

Is that a Solo Stove?

Yes. It's pretty slick.

I'm considering getting the grill-top option but I'm wondering if 5 grills is too many for one man not named Steven Raichlen.

I have a problem.

Is the heat from that good? I asked on here earlier and people didn't seem to think it was.

I want to put it in my fire pit. They have an insert that looks good.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
DAC wrote:

Is that a Solo Stove?

Yes. It's pretty slick.

Yeah, I've had my eye on one of them. They are pretty popular in the camping videos I watch. I already carry too much crap when I go camping which is the biggest reason I haven't gotten one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:55 am 

Yeah. I was right 40 years ago. Farming is too hard.

What broke me was crawling through a field pulling gypsum weeds that stained through my gloves and turned my hands green for a week.

I decided to go another direction.

I should of studied more in the fins and feathers stuff I was doing so I can be picking through gut piles seeing how much spotted knapweed seed would survive digestion and still be viable. Wait. Perhaps go back a little further to pre Montana. Whatever, there are parts of the job I love and always will. Whether it is deer walking out into the field as the sun sets, turkey poults in the spring or crazy lighting storms over a wide open horizon there is almost something every day if I'm paying attention. Young squirrel would of enjoyed that part of the job immensely. The weed pulling... not so much.

I hate Jimson weed. Contact with it makes me sick to my stomach, even mowing it makes me dizzy. Its at the point where the people I farm with will seek it out so I don't have to deal with it. Which is incredibly nice.Hopefully I'll go through the same recovery process K Effective had with his giant ragweed problems (I have no issues with that weed except how much it can choke things out. And the cows will at least eat it.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
This picture in today’s DH. Mr Pryor pled guilty to murder…shocker.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:14 am 

Brick wrote:
DAC wrote:

Is that a Solo Stove?

Yes. It's pretty slick.

I have a problem.

Is the heat from that good? I asked on here earlier and people didn't seem to think it was.

I’m guessing the fire is not good for cooking unless I start using better wood that isn’t as harsh.

It’s more just something to do while you are sitting outside.

I recently bought some old Fleer football packs I’ve been opening while I’m out there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:16 am 

I always forget it is jimsom weed. I only ever heard it pronounced by my Dad.

I do miss the big picture window in our kitchen facing west that you could see a storm coming for miles.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:17 am 

Brick wrote:
DAC wrote:

Is that a Solo Stove?

Yes. It's pretty slick.

I have a problem.

I’m guessing the fire is not good for cooking unless I start using better wood that isn’t as harsh.

It’s more just something to do while you are sitting outside.

I recently bought some old Fleer football packs I’ve been opening while I’m out there.

I'm more interested in using it in 50 degree weather and feeling the heat.

Maybe I'll get one and if I don't like it I'll donate it to a homeless tent city.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 190  Next