It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I always forget it is jimsom weed. I only ever heard it pronounced by my Dad.

I do miss the big picture window in our kitchen facing west that you could see a storm coming for miles.

I'd say its 50-50 on how people pronounce it. However you pronounce it or if you call it Jamestown weed or locoweed its an awful nuisance that grows really well anywhere cows have been fed or soil is extremely high in organic matter and disturbed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

I do miss the big picture window in our kitchen facing west that you could see a storm coming for miles.

I'd say its 50-50 on how people pronounce it. However you pronounce it or if you call it Jamestown weed or locoweed its an awful nuisance that grows really well anywhere cows have been fed or soil is extremely high in organic matter and disturbed.

watch yer back squirrel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:53 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
Is the heat from that good? I asked on here earlier and people didn't seem to think it was.

I want to put it in my fire pit. They have an insert that looks good.

I’m guessing the fire is not good for cooking unless I start using better wood that isn’t as harsh.

It’s more just something to do while you are sitting outside.

I recently bought some old Fleer football packs I’ve been opening while I’m out there.

I'm more interested in using it in 50 degree weather and feeling the heat.

Maybe I'll get one and if I don't like it I'll donate it to a homeless tent city.

It can hold a lot. You could get a pretty good fire going. I usually just do 2-3 logs since I just want the flame.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:05 am 

thomas wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

watch yer back squirrel

This guy calls it Devil's Cucumber. Talk about your issues.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
thomas wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

watch yer back squirrel

This guy calls it Devil's Cucumber. Talk about your issues.

On the plus side, I appreciate you recognizing my chief (or go-to) gender.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Saturday 108
Sunday 110
Today 112

All without A/C. Almost done. Good thing Midwest summers prepared us for the HEAT DOME. Chicago tough!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:47 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's

More farm questions-

Do people still walk beans? Do they pull or hoe them?

Elon Musk must have created a better way to do that by now.

Summers walking beans in Dwight is what led my wife to go North when she turned 18.

Oh, and guineas and chickens pecking at her feet when she fed them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Our older rescue cat, who is usually the most vocal about being fed every morning, was hiding under our bed today.

He was super lethargic, would only eat wet food, and was straining to pee.

I was so lucky to call the vet, and get him in right away.

He has crystals in his urine.

The vet gave him an antibiotic shot, and he has to eat $$$$ wet/dry food for the rest of his life.

Unfortunately, we’ll have to buy even more of the food than is needed because we have 2 other younger rescues.

Hopefully, he can stay with us as long as possible, because the 3 year old daughter and him have a good bond.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I dropped my phone recently and the portrait mode keyboard has a dead spot. So now I’m stuck between fixing it, getting a new phone, using the landscape mode like a sociopath or trying to avoid using the letter I.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:10 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I dropped my phone recently and the portrait mode keyboard has a dead spot. So now I’m stuck between fixing it, getting a new phone, using the landscape mode like a sociopath or trying to avoid using the letter I.

Well don't talk about the Cubs if you can't use the letter "L"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Ween is playing at Summercamp Festival in Chillicothe, IL at noon on 8/21 while Styx (Todd Sucherman...amazing drummer) is at McHenry County Fairgrounds that night. Would be great time to see both bands right before school kicks in...but our band has a show that night...

I'd never thought I'd complain about having a gig...but...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
This came up speaking to my wife today and I never formally complained about it so here goes. I sold some baby/toddler play mats a few years back off of Craigslist. They were the kind that went together like a big puzzle that you would put down on a hard floor so babies could crawl and play on and not hurt themselves. The people that came over to buy the mat first asked if they could spend a few minutes and pray in our living room. Okay- wasn't expecting that but we gave them some privacy and waited for them. Then, after looking at the mat and buying them the guy asks to use our washroom and then he proceeds to shit in our powder room bathroom. Are you fucking kidding me? That was a little more than we expected.

On a side note, I just sold a jumpy house this morning and the couple that came over were great. Super nice folks and we actually talked a little fishing before they left.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
:lol: That is fucking hilarious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:18 pm 

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
DAC wrote:
This came up speaking to my wife today and I never formally complained about it so here goes. I sold some baby/toddler play mats a few years back off of Craigslist. They were the kind that went together like a big puzzle that you would put down on a hard floor so babies could crawl and play on and not hurt themselves. The people that came over to buy the mat first asked if they could spend a few minutes and pray in our living room. Okay- wasn't expecting that but we gave them some privacy and waited for them. Then, after looking at the mat and buying them the guy asks to use our washroom and then he proceeds to shit in our powder room bathroom. Are you fucking kidding me? That was a little more than we expected.

On a side note, I just sold a jumpy house this morning and the couple that came over were great. Super nice folks and we actually talked a little fishing before they left.

Didn't Darkside go on a job where the client tried to make him pray or something like that?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:45 pm 

Maybe he was praying his bowels wouldn’t explode and the prayer wasn’t answered. I’ve been there before

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DAC wrote:

Didn't Darkside go on a job where the client tried to make him pray or something like that?

That shit happens like once every couple months.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
DAC wrote:

Sounds like a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Did you guys know Godfather 3 is also called The Godfather, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone? I was duped into watching a few minutes of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:07 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Spaulding wrote:
Did you guys know Godfather 3 is also called The Godfather, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone? I was duped into watching a few minutes of it.

Didn’t they rerelease a whole new cut?

I heard it was better.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I feel like you are lying so I watch the badness. That's something you'd do for fun.

I'm surprised to learn George Hamilton is still alive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:10 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I feel like you are lying so I watch the badness. That's something you'd do for fun.

I'm surprised to learn George Hamilton is still alive.

I wasn’t but I could be wrong.

Happens every couple years.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:14 pm 

No I was right.

That sucks. That means I’m due to be wrong about something in the next few years.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:30 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

I was flipping channels and saw that on AMC. Luckily I saw it followed part II and made the corrrct guess. Yeah, I’ve heard the directors cut makes it better but I’m not investing the time to find out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:32 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I was flipping channels and saw that on AMC. Luckily I saw it followed part II and made the corrrct guess. Yeah, I’ve heard the directors cut makes it better but I’m not investing the time to find out.

I'll give it 15 or 30 seconds. I saw that disappointment at the show waybackwhen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:20 am 

Some of the most irritating people on earth deal heavily in real estate. There is no reason for me being involved in now two text exchanges and phone calls lasting a half hour. And I wasn't planning on going to the office until 11:30 today.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:27 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Some of the most irritating people on earth deal heavily in real estate. There is no reason for me being involved in now two text exchanges and phone calls lasting a half hour. And I wasn't planning on going to the office until 11:30 today.

invisible brackets detected

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
Some of the most irritating people on earth deal heavily in real estate.
PROPERTIES JUST FINE

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:49 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

invisible brackets detected

I just had an idiot ask me a question I'd given him the answer to not ten minutes earlier. Fuck I hate stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:49 am 

Spaulding wrote:
The Godfather, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone?
The question mark certainly changes things. Maybe they can do a Godfather 4.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 190  Next