It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:14 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

You need to drink faster.

I literally drank everything else. :alien: Bourbon is only for my husband, sad times, or old fashioneds and I only have 2 of those at a time. I almost always refuse it, there is something about bourbon that is too much. I drink scotch when I don't want to drink because who wants to drink scotch?

I have a friend that we stock each other's booze according to mood. I showed up at her doorstep about a month ago and she looked at me and said you don't look like tequila or champagne. Do you need wine? No... Do you need vodka or gin? No...Do you need bourbon? No...She says oh shit...do you want water? :lol:

I'm about to break a semi rule for myself, no drinking before 4-5 pm. All because I had one too many scotches yesterday. I've nursed this headache long enough. As it is I generally don't drink after after 8:30-9, concessions to age and health being what they are. And today is a reminder of changing limitations. Ugh.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
So my son gave me Covid even though I am vaccinated. I've had a mild case and after being diagnosed Thursday, I feel 100% now. But I have lost my sense of smell and taste and it is fucking brutal. I have little appetite and eat just because I know I need the calories but there is no enjoyment from it. And research says that people with with mild cases will take on average 21.6 days to recover their sense of smell. 3 FUCKING WEEKS?? I guess I shouldn't complain if that is the worst takeaway I have from this since others have had it much, much worse. And I know no is keeping track at home but I came down with pneumonia in June and lost an entire fishing trip which is one of the highlights of my year. So I'll have been sick, in a state of recovering, or in quarantine for over a month this summer. And I'm generally a really healthy guy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:05 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Feel better DAC.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
DAC wrote:
So my son gave me Covid even though I am vaccinated. I've had a mild case and after being diagnosed Thursday, I feel 100% now. But I have lost my sense of smell and taste and it is fucking brutal. I have little appetite and eat just because I know I need the calories but there is no enjoyment from it. And research says that people with with mild cases will take on average 21.6 days to recover their sense of smell. 3 FUCKING WEEKS?? I guess I shouldn't complain if that is the worst takeaway I have from this since others have had it much, much worse. And I know no is keeping track at home but I came down with pneumonia in June and lost an entire fishing trip which is one of the highlights of my year. So I'll have been sick, in a state of recovering, or in quarantine for over a month this summer. And I'm generally a really healthy guy.

Losing your sense of smell really stinks. I’m sorry if that seems tasteless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Feel better DAC.

Thanks.

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Losing your sense of smell really stinks. I’m sorry if that seems tasteless.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:43 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
About two weeks ago I was riding the Green Bay Trail going about 20 mph and my left pedal flew off. It was kind of scary for a second. Then I had to walk the bike all the way back home from north of Tower Road. But the worst part is I can't get the Shimano part I need for the repair. So I've been riding my wife's commuter bike. It's really fucking slow. But this morning I pushed the shit out of a guy on a fancy road bike. He was pretty surprised. To add insult to injury, this old Specialized my wife has is much higher quality than the Treks I've been riding.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
About two weeks ago I was riding the Green Bay Trail going about 20 mph and my left pedal flew off. It was kind of scary for a second. Then I had to walk the bike all the way back home from north of Tower Road. But the worst part is I can't get the Shimano part I need for the repair. So I've been riding my wife's commuter bike. It's really fucking slow. But this morning I pushed the shit out of a guy on a fancy road bike. He was pretty surprised. To add insult to injury, this old Specialized my wife has is much higher quality than the Treks I've been riding.

As I've been riding more lately, I was wondering what your normal maintenance routine is. How often do you lube the chain/sprockets?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

As I've been riding more lately, I was wondering what your normal maintenance routine is. How often do you lube the chain/sprockets?

I'm not very mechanical. I can handle very basic repairs. I don't take as good care of my bikes as I should. And I ride in all kinds of weather. I usually only oil the chain when the shifting gets rough. I'm pretty hard on the bike. I brought it in and the kid couldn't believe it was only 9 months old. But I had ridden about 5000 miles.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's
Generally if the chain links move freely and their isn't rust on the sprocket teeth, it's fine. You can tell with a chains' links are binding up if they're not lubricated. The don't like to wrap around the sprockets as easily. I would only be concerned as in JORR's case, where he subjects it to moisture, that you be more mindful of lubrication. If not and it sits in a garage or other building and you ride it only on nice days, you should be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's
So a week ago Sunday, driving my older Suburban, I get home, get out (I still had it running), and notice a definite strong scent of fuel. Shut it off, pop the hood and start looking. Nothing, look under it, and sure as shit, the frame and one of the crossmembers is dripping with fuel. Crawl under, only to find that the feed line had rotted through. It's Sunday, 8pm, I'll deal with it next weekend...

So I did that this past Saturday. Determined that I wasn't going to replace the whole line from after the filter, up to the fuel rail because it snakes up/over the transmission then up the firewall, then to the fuel rail. Major twisting and turning to snake a new line through through there. So I decided to cut out the bad section and just run rubber fuel line there... Of course, as I mentioned it was rotted out at a point above a cross-member in the frame rail, so cutting it out was no fun. The forward cut I was able to get my sawzall on it. The back cut was an absolute PITA. Nonetheless, I got it, rubber lined it, and no more leaks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Reminds me of the time my wife was filling up the Pontiac Montana, and fuel started running out from underneath. The filler tube had rusted through just above the rubber junction with the plastic fuel tank. Never would have guessed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:15 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
CDOM wrote:
So a week ago Sunday, driving my older Suburban, I get home, get out (I still had it running), and notice a definite strong scent of fuel. Shut it off, pop the hood and start looking. Nothing, look under it, and sure as shit, the frame and one of the crossmembers is dripping with fuel. Crawl under, only to find that the feed line had rotted through. It's Sunday, 8pm, I'll deal with it next weekend...

So I did that this past Saturday. Determined that I wasn't going to replace the whole line from after the filter, up to the fuel rail because it snakes up/over the transmission then up the firewall, then to the fuel rail. Major twisting and turning to snake a new line through through there. So I decided to cut out the bad section and just run rubber fuel line there... Of course, as I mentioned it was rotted out at a point above a cross-member in the frame rail, so cutting it out was no fun. The forward cut I was able to get my sawzall on it. The back cut was an absolute PITA. Nonetheless, I got it, rubber lined it, and no more leaks.

Reminds me of my new favorite show that I just found.

Iron Resurrection. On MotorTrend channel.

They take absolute rust buckets of classic cars and restore them. I love it.

I have 1980 Mercedes 450SLC all original, runs well but could use a bit of care to repair the amenities.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
CDOM wrote:

Reminds me of my new favorite show that I just found.

Iron Resurrection. On MotorTrend channel.

They take absolute rust buckets of classic cars and restore them. I love it.

I have 1980 Mercedes 450SLC all original, runs well but could use a bit of care to repair the amenities.

That is the exact type of car I would have imagined a Dr. Ken driving on the weekends. Is it a convertible by chance? Very cool!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:39 am 

Not a convertible.

My father-in-law bought it new in 1980. He was a mechanical engineer and did all the repairs himself with OEM parts until he couldn't any longer and downsized. So, I wasn't going to let that car get away. It is going to my oldest son when he's ready to take it on.

So, the thing is in great shape. He kept it in a climate-controlled garage for over 30 years.

Feels very James Bond Aston-Martin-y to drive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:56 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
DAC wrote:

I hope you feel better soon.

Young Crest had a mild case at Christmas.

He still doesn't have his sense of smell and taste fully restored.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:45 pm 

My wife told me, about a month ago, that she got Springsteen tickets with her friends. It's a luxury but OK.

I looked at the credit card to find a United charge for a ticket to NY. She played all innocent that she told me she was going to see Springsteen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
White Lotus looking better and better, huh?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
My wife told me, about a month ago, that she got Springsteen tickets with her friends. It's a luxury but OK.

I looked at the credit card to find a United charge for a ticket to NY. She played all innocent that she told me she was going to see Springsteen.
I'm beginning to think that rather than having lost your pimp hand, you never had one to begin with.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I was out to eat last night and the restaurant was playing a series of bangers from the 80s.

I earmarked one song in particular as something I’d listen to all day today until I got sick of it. I then promptly forgot what it was and I’ve been pouring through 80s playlists trying to figure it out with no luck.

This is literally the worst thing that’s happened to anyone, anywhere.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:15 pm 

Not sure if this belongs here or in the brag thread. We are at my in-laws house for a few days. My wife’s sister and her family decided they were going to come here at the same time. This is my famous bro-n-law that thinks his calling in life was to sell baseball cards now he is into writing music. He is really close to the next big hit.

Now the real fun is my father-n-law hates this guy. This will be the first time he has been at his house in about 10 yrs. We arrived a few hours ahead of their family and as soon as we got here my father-n-law tells my wife and I that he is not happy they are coming and he is not taking any crap from him. “One wrong move and I am going to whip his ass and send him packing.”

And on top of all that their 12 yr old son who is autistic is here. Poor guy has never been given any help and just runs wild.

So we maybe in for quite the show. I am going to sit in the corner and watch the fireworks!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
How does your wife stay sane this week? Does she try and walk the tightrope to please everybody?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:22 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
How does your wife stay sane this week? Does she try and walk the tightrope to please everybody?

She pretty much ignores all of it and just focuses on her mom. She doesn’t do confrontation especially with family. So it all boils up and then I have to be the one to say something because I can’t be quiet when my wife or kids are disrespected.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Ralph, that situation sucks but I'm looking forward to the stories.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:31 pm 

I feel like I just got complaint cucked by a meatier grievance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I was out to eat last night and the restaurant was playing a series of bangers from the 80s.

I earmarked one song in particular as something I’d listen to all day today until I got sick of it. I then promptly forgot what it was and I’ve been pouring through 80s playlists trying to figure it out with no luck.

1980s Billy Joel?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:
Not sure if this belongs here or in the brag thread. We are at my in-laws house for a few days. My wife’s sister and her family decided they were going to come here at the same time. This is my famous bro-n-law that thinks his calling in life was to sell baseball cards now he is into writing music. He is really close to the next big hit.

Now the real fun is my father-n-law hates this guy. This will be the first time he has been at his house in about 10 yrs. We arrived a few hours ahead of their family and as soon as we got here my father-n-law tells my wife and I that he is not happy they are coming and he is not taking any crap from him. “One wrong move and I am going to whip his ass and send him packing.”

And on top of all that their 12 yr old son who is autistic is here. Poor guy has never been given any help and just runs wild.

So we maybe in for quite the show. I am going to sit in the corner and watch the fireworks!

Tell your FIL to just login here and just ask a question to kill the time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:39 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

1980s Billy Joel?

No, but today’s research reminded me how much I hate that guy.

Piano man is fun when you’re drunk at closing, but we didn’t start the fire may be the dumbest song I’ve ever heard.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Peoria Matt wrote:
Ralph, that situation sucks but I'm looking forward to the stories.

This x1000

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Caller Bob wrote:

1980s Billy Joel?

Piano man is fun when you’re drunk at closing, but we didn’t start the fire may be the dumbest song I’ve ever heard.

Come one play something from STRAAAANGER!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Caller Bob wrote:

1980s Billy Joel?

If I recall correctly he hates that song too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 190  Next