It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Yes, it is sad. They may as well have locked him in the cellar like the old days.

We had a family at church who treated a deaf son like that- embarrassed by his handicap, he was never given any of the help available, and never went to any school. He's probably at least 10 years older than I am, but I never had even seen him until the Dad died. Mom only could take care of him for so long and he was institutionalized. At one point, he had set himself on fire playing with matches and gasoline in the garage.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:09 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Headed to Orlando for a week for our yearly business conference. Should be interesting. Usually don’t need to get there until mid week but with new job title I get the full experience. Car service picking me up at 4:15 this morning and then picking up a co-worker so I guess that will make things slightly easier than long term parking at ohare. Anyway it’s 4 days of show set up then three days of selling. Not sure what the mask policy will be but I’m expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:40 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Headed to Orlando for a week for our yearly business conference. Should be interesting. Usually don’t need to get there until mid week but with new job title I get the full experience. Car service picking me up at 4:15 this morning and then picking up a co-worker so I guess that will make things slightly easier than long term parking at ohare. Anyway it’s 4 days of show set up then three days of selling. Not sure what the mask policy will be but I’m expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

So, what outfit are you wearing at the AVN conference?

Have Fun!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
CDOM wrote:
So a week ago Sunday, driving my older Suburban, I get home, get out (I still had it running), and notice a definite strong scent of fuel. Shut it off, pop the hood and start looking. Nothing, look under it, and sure as shit, the frame and one of the crossmembers is dripping with fuel. Crawl under, only to find that the feed line had rotted through. It's Sunday, 8pm, I'll deal with it next weekend...

So I did that this past Saturday. Determined that I wasn't going to replace the whole line from after the filter, up to the fuel rail because it snakes up/over the transmission then up the firewall, then to the fuel rail. Major twisting and turning to snake a new line through through there. So I decided to cut out the bad section and just run rubber fuel line there... Of course, as I mentioned it was rotted out at a point above a cross-member in the frame rail, so cutting it out was no fun. The forward cut I was able to get my sawzall on it. The back cut was an absolute PITA. Nonetheless, I got it, rubber lined it, and no more leaks.

Reminds me of my new favorite show that I just found.

Iron Resurrection. On MotorTrend channel.

They take absolute rust buckets of classic cars and restore them. I love it.

I have 1980 Mercedes 450SLC all original, runs well but could use a bit of care to repair the amenities.

Do you remember Wheeler Dealers (the Brit guys)? The early seasons with Mike Brewer and Edd China. They'd do shit like this. Go find older cars that were in decent shape, but needed small amounts of attention or had one thing that broke and the owner said "F'it" and put it up for sale. They'd buy it, fix it generally on a tight budget which lead to them trying to find used parts, rehabbing things, etc, then flip it.

A Buddy and I back in the day would do similar things. Someone would say my cars' transmission is shot, give me $500 and it's yours. Then he and I would spend a weekend in the Aurora junk yards, fix it on the cheap, drive it for a little while (to make sure it worked), and sell it for FMV and pocket the profit. Rinse, lather, repeat.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:19 am 

K Effective wrote:
Reminds me of the time my wife was filling up the Pontiac Montana, and fuel started running out from underneath. The filler tube had rusted through just above the rubber junction with the plastic fuel tank. Never would have guessed.

Yea, those were rusting when we pulled them off the truck, well the Chevy versions (Venture then Uplander's), as I was in a Chevy dealership. :D I actually liked them TBH. But they didn't have a long shelf life.

Years back, my S-I-L had a full loaded Montana, then ran in to head gasket/overheating issues. She wanted me to fix it, but when I broke down the costs, even as a B-I-L, it just wasn't worth it. I so wanted to snag it from her, then do an LS4 conversion in it and go hunting and beat up on unsuspecting people to go "haha, you got whooped by a mini-van..." But she sold it before I could.

LS4's came on an iteration of the platform in the Impala SS/Monte Carlo SS, Grand Prix GXP's and Buick LaCrosse Super's of the mid - late 00's. I have one in an Impala SS.

Now I gotta go read RFDC's funny shit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:33 am 

Ok, now I've gotten caught up on days of RFDC's life and I get the thread in the shoutout section...

I like your FIL...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:43 pm 

K Effective wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

So, what outfit are you wearing at the AVN conference?

Have Fun!

Staying at Grand Floridian. I can see the Magic kingdom from just outside my room. Pretty cool.
Being at Disney just kind of puts you in a different mood. I went into one of the shops and there were a bunch of handicapped kids in there and they were so excited to shop in there and be there. Really kind of disarmed me and my usual shitty attitude about things. Put a smile on my face. I realize this is not supposed to be in Complain thread now…. :eye:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:26 am 

My wife has worked for McDonalds for 16 years, 15 of those as a manager. Their store was bought out by another group that owns some other McDonalds in the area. All of her seniority is gone. So for the next year any vacation time she takes will be unpaid. So fucking stupid.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: John's
RFDC wrote:
My wife has worked for McDonalds for 16 years, 15 of those as a manager. Their store was bought out by another group that owns some other McDonalds in the area. All of her seniority is gone. So for the next year any vacation time she takes will be unpaid. So fucking stupid.

Need more BIL stories. Just make them up if you have to...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:34 am 

RFDC wrote:

That sucks but with that much management experience she can easily get another management job that will give her vacation immediately.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:38 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
That is really shitty, RFDC. A newer employee I can understand. There should definitely be some provisions for a store manager of 10+ years when a group changes hands like that. Its not stupid, its a slap in the face to somebody who's been a good worker for the company for a long time.

Tbone, have fun. The Palm and Magnolia courses are right near the Grand Floridian. They used to play a PGA tour event there in the 90s and early 2000s. As a kid, I remember seeing Craig Stadler and Fred Couples at Epcot with their families as we would vacation there during the fall. As a kid, I didn't know who they were but my dad pointed them out to me. Stadler waived to us on while getting off a boat, and we passed Couples in a line queue outside when it was a bit chilly (by Florida standards). My dad said something to Freddo about his green jacket keeping him warm, and he laughed and gave me a high five as he walked by.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
RFDC wrote:

off topic question. My brother works for a large bank and worked with a guy who owned 2 mcdonalds on the outskirts of a large metropolitan area. it was in reference to unclaimed paychecks. He said he's gone through 300 employees the past 6 months. Does your wife see that kind of turnover?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Frank Coztansa wrote:
That is really shitty, RFDC. A newer employee I can understand. There should definitely be some provisions for a store manager of 10+ years when a group changes hands like that. Its not stupid, its a slap in the face to somebody who's been a good worker for the company for a long time.

Tbone, have fun. The Palm and Magnolia courses are right near the Grand Floridian. They used to play a PGA tour event there in the 90s and early 2000s. As a kid, I remember seeing Craig Stadler and Fred Couples at Epcot with their families as we would vacation there during the fall. As a kid, I didn't know who they were but my dad pointed them out to me. Stadler waived to us on while getting off a boat, and we passed Couples in a line queue outside when it was a bit chilly (by Florida standards) outside. My dad said something to Freddo about his green jacket keeping him warm, and he laughed and gave me a high five as he walked by.

I always assumed - for no reason whatsoever - that Couples was the inspiration for Don Johnson’s David Simms character.

So I picture him f’bombing you, demanding some hand sanitizer and then ripping a few Marlboros the second young Frank walked away.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:45 am 

hnd wrote:
RFDC wrote:

off topic question. My brother works for a large bank and worked with a guy who owned 2 mcdonalds on the outskirts of a large metropolitan area. it was in reference to unclaimed paychecks. He said he's gone through 300 employees the past 6 months. Does your wife see that kind of turnover?

Yeah their turnover rate has definitely went up in the last couple years. I dont think it is as high as that here, but it is not good.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Palm and Magnolia courses are right near the Grand Floridian.

They are fun to play! Mickey Mouse ear bunker, 6th Hole - Magnolia.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:01 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Palm and Magnolia courses are right near the Grand Floridian.

They are fun to play! Mickey Mouse ear bunker, 6th Hole - Magnolia.

One of the engineers is playing 9 Thursday night. My goal is to get over to Hollywood Studio and Star Wars for half a day. Beer at the cantina, pics with some characters and ships. My life would be close to complete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:59 pm 

It has been a few years since we took the kids to Disney, but I remember thinking the person acquiring the talent to portray the various Princesses has quite the eye.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:32 pm 

CDOM wrote:
CDOM wrote:
So a week ago Sunday, driving my older Suburban, I get home, get out (I still had it running), and notice a definite strong scent of fuel. Shut it off, pop the hood and start looking. Nothing, look under it, and sure as shit, the frame and one of the crossmembers is dripping with fuel. Crawl under, only to find that the feed line had rotted through. It's Sunday, 8pm, I'll deal with it next weekend...

So I did that this past Saturday. Determined that I wasn't going to replace the whole line from after the filter, up to the fuel rail because it snakes up/over the transmission then up the firewall, then to the fuel rail. Major twisting and turning to snake a new line through through there. So I decided to cut out the bad section and just run rubber fuel line there... Of course, as I mentioned it was rotted out at a point above a cross-member in the frame rail, so cutting it out was no fun. The forward cut I was able to get my sawzall on it. The back cut was an absolute PITA. Nonetheless, I got it, rubber lined it, and no more leaks.

I have 1980 Mercedes 450SLC all original, runs well but could use a bit of care to repair the amenities.

Do you remember Wheeler Dealers (the Brit guys)? The early seasons with Mike Brewer and Edd China. They'd do shit like this. Go find older cars that were in decent shape, but needed small amounts of attention or had one thing that broke and the owner said "F'it" and put it up for sale. They'd buy it, fix it generally on a tight budget which lead to them trying to find used parts, rehabbing things, etc, then flip it.

I've been increasingly watching those kinds of shows lately. I've gotten tired of the news and cooking channels. So if the Sox aren't on & I'm home, chances are I'm watching those if an interesting car is getting worked on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Have they ever been sued for discrimination?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:08 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
CDOM wrote:
CDOM wrote:

I've been increasingly watching those kinds of shows lately. I've gotten tired of the news and cooking channels. So if the Sox aren't on & I'm home, chances are I'm watching those if an interesting car is getting worked on.

I prefer the older (early) seasons when it was Mike and Edd. Edd decided to move on and they brought someone else in, and I think the chemistry just doesn't work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
In the other thread we discussed colonoscopy. Today I’m suffering from the effects of the other old man necessity. The shingles shot. Got my second one yesterday and I feel shitty and hardly any sleep last night. First one was fine.

At any rate it’s supposed to be nothing compared to shingles.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I think all these vitamins the doc suggested when I came down with COVID have made me constipated. You don’t want me to go into details but I had a helluva day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:24 pm 

DAC wrote:
I think all these vitamins the doc suggested when I came down with COVID have made me constipated. You don’t want me to go into details but I had a helluva day.

I haven't taken a single pill in four days and feel worlds better. Getting old means always making adjustments.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Crush up some fennel seeds and steep them in hot water or try that smooth move tea. Should get things moving.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
pittmike wrote:
In the other thread we discussed colonoscopy. Today I’m suffering from the effects of the other old man necessity. The shingles shot. Got my second one yesterday and I feel shitty and hardly any sleep last night. First one was fine.

I had a very mild case of the shingles probably 15 years ago. Started at my right jaw and followed a nerve into my neck. I don't recall having much in the way of red spots but man, the right side of my jaw was killing me. Couldn't sleep. Ended up going to my GP and the PA gave me some steroids and I felt 100% in a couple of hours. A friend had it pretty bad on his back and it took him 3 years to get all of his nerve function back where the shingles was.

My pharmacist brother keeps on me to get the shingles vax. But I don't want to be injected with a microchip or 5G signal or anything like that. :D I'll probably end up getting it later in the year, after I figure out what's up with my prostate.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:39 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
DAC wrote:

I haven't taken a single pill in four days and feel worlds better. Getting old means always making adjustments.

What were your taking before?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The Division wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I had a very mild case of the shingles probably 15 years ago. Started at my right jaw and followed a nerve into my neck. I don't recall having much in the way of red spots but man, the right side of my jaw was killing me. Couldn't sleep. Ended up going to my GP and the PA gave me some steroids and I felt 100% in a couple of hours. A friend had it pretty bad on his back and it took him 3 years to get all of his nerve function back where the shingles was.

My pharmacist brother keeps on me to get the shingles vax. But I don't want to be injected with a microchip or 5G signal or anything like that. :D I'll probably end up getting it later in the year, after I figure out what's up with my prostate.

Well I am a sucker for Biochemistry.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:20 pm 

The Division wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
DAC wrote:

2 blood pressure meds and aspirin. And until recently another pill.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:32 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
The Division wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
DAC wrote:

2 blood pressure meds and aspirin. And until recently another pill.

Assumption is that you stopped on your own? Agree with your comment on getting old. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
Idiot BIL
I've got (at least) one of these myself.

"Sorry, I'm Commissioner of our FFB league and our draft is that Sunday. We won't be making (your son's) birthday party. Sorry I thought the party was Saturday."
That text is word for word. We sent out invites about 3 weeks ago and told his wife the date in mid July.

"Well you do what you gotta do. But if fantasy sports is more important than your nephew's bday, then you are no longer important enough to be welcomed into my home for Holidays or other events," was my reply.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 190  Next