It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Idiot BIL
I've got (at least) one of these myself.

"Sorry, I'm Commissioner of our FFB league and our draft is that Sunday. We won't be making (your son's) birthday party. Sorry I thought the party was Saturday."
That text is word for word. We sent out invites about 3 weeks ago and told his wife the date in mid July.

"Well you do what you gotta do. But if fantasy sports is more important than your nephew's bday, then you are no longer important enough to be welcomed into my home for Holidays or other events," was my reply.

You know what? Fuck fantasy sports. I quit playing fantasy baseball because I don't want to root for any players that aren't on the White Sox.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Set my rotator cuff surgery for 9/29 ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Idiot BIL

"Sorry, I'm Commissioner of our FFB league and our draft is that Sunday. We won't be making (your son's) birthday party. Sorry I thought the party was Saturday."
That text is word for word. We sent out invites about 3 weeks ago and told his wife the date in mid July.

"Well you do what you gotta do. But if fantasy sports is more important than your nephew's bday, then you are no longer important enough to be welcomed into my home for Holidays or other events," was my reply.

You know what? Fuck fantasy sports. I quit playing fantasy baseball because I don't want to root for any players that aren't on the White Sox.

I agree.
I stopped with Fantasy Football years ago for similar reasons. Plus....by week 4 I just got bored of it all.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Idiot BIL

Frank I probably feel like you do. Some though view birthdays after the first differently.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:33 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Idiot BIL

Wow, yeah that sounds like something mine would do. Idiot.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I get you Mike, but we have caught shit for missing their kids' parties in the past. Because my wife was on call and had to be within 30min of Joliet. Not something fun, but work.

I don't really give a shit if he's there or not. And his wife is a manipulative Ccunt as well so there is no love lost. But he has 3 kids (4, 3, and a newborn) and my son is starting to ask now why can't he see his cousins because they all play so well together. That's what pisses me off more than anything. And I told my wife last night I'm not making excuses. When somebody asks "oh where's BIL," I'm just going to flat out tell the truth. "He's at his fantasy football draft, and no I'm not kidding."

And even if they don't want to be bothered coming, come up with something better than "my fantasy draft is that night." At least white lie and make it sound like a legitimate reason.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Why not just come to the party and draft the first 5-6 rounds on his phone? Should only take an hour?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:52 am 
100000 CLUB

Either he's selfish and doesn't give a shit, or he's a dumbass. Only two options, Bob. Or, he auto drafts and pays the price with a shitty team for messing up dates in the first place.

I should also mention that this is the same BIL who at a get together earlier this summer said how much he missed his side of the family, how great it was seeing all the kids together, how he wanted to play golf with me on Labor Day weekend (to which I said was impossible because of the party prep!) and how he would do everything to attend more family functions. Sure, buddy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I missed a draft once, had to deal with an Auto-Drafted team and it was really fun. I ended up like 3 out of 12 teams at the end of the year with a completely turned over roster. I was churnin and burning that waiver wire every day...It's like I took over for Ryan Pace.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:57 am 
100000 CLUB

So you grabbed a bunch of a injured guys?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:08 am 

By 2010 Fantasy Football Guy took the place of Poker Guy as the most insufferable crotch goblin in sports gambling.

It was fun in the late 90s when you had to actually read and research and it wasn’t serious. Once it became segments and shows on TV/radio/etc it was just another sleazy business.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
pittmike wrote:
Set my rotator cuff surgery for 9/29 ugh.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Idiot BIL

can i just be the asshole and say that Yes. yes a fantasy football draft would be way more important to me than a "not mine" child's birthday party.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
pittmike wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Idiot BIL

Frank I probably feel like you do. Some though view birthdays after the first differently.

I have huge families (7 of us and 5 on in law side) with each sibling generally having two kids. A niece or nephew’s birthday is important to the parents and the kid. For the rest of us, it is a wasted day and only bearable with alcohol. That’s a lame excuse though to miss it. Those damn drafts are impossible to schedule….I gave FF up many years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:25 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I missed a draft once, had to deal with an Auto-Drafted team and it was really fun. I ended up like 3 out of 12 teams at the end of the year with a completely turned over roster. I was churnin and burning that waiver wire every day...It's like I took over for Ryan Pace.

i had an autodraft strategy that usually but together a very solid squad. eliminate from the autodraft list all defense and kickers and 99% of tightends. i would bump up rankings on qb's a smidge and then basically draft a qb and a team full of wr's and rb's.

i haven't played fantasy football actively in about 4-5 years.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:26 pm 

hnd wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Idiot BIL

can i just be the asshole and say that Yes. yes a fantasy football draft would be way more important to me than a "not mine" child's birthday party.

yeah but you dig food out of the trash, I don't think anyone has any other expectation for you :P

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:31 pm 

food out fo the trash is one thing. being the kaboose in the food line after a long line of snotty shitbricks fingerbanged all the food is another.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:11 pm 

There are 25 kids in my family.

The birthday parties were command performances early on. Now, everyone just acknowledges that you come when you can and no hurt feelings if you can't. The youngest get the short shrift on the policy but that's the breaks. I can't be devoting every second weekend of the year. Add grandparents birthdays, mothers and fathers days, christmas, easter, thanksgiving, etc. and they would turn out to be our only social outlet. My wife's mother would like it that way. Luckily it was her boys that really drove home the understanding that you can't come to everything.

It's funny when I think about it more. When we were first married, we'd have parties not just for the kids but for us. We'd have sit down meals served on fine china and crystal glasses. We'd home make multi course elaborate meals with a salad, soup, meal and dessert. Now, we can't fit people in two rooms, let alone one table and it's stadium sized pizzas/tins of fried chicken served buffet style.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
the MIL was having trouble speaking and reading for three weeks and didn't tell anyone. Last Saturday she is admitted and they find a 3cm lesion on her left frontal lobe and some masses in her lungs. had surgery on Tuesday to remove the lesion. we are waiting on pathology results, but it's pretty fair to assume she has lung cancer. she is supposed to go home today and will have occupational therapy and physical therapy at home as well.

it's been a very weird week, to say the least.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
That's sad.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
doug - evergreen park wrote:
the MIL was having trouble speaking and reading for three weeks and didn't tell anyone. Last Saturday she is admitted and they find a 3cm lesion on her left frontal lobe and some masses in her lungs. had surgery on Tuesday to remove the lesion. we are waiting on pathology results, but it's pretty fair to assume she has lung cancer. she is supposed to go home today and will have occupational therapy and physical therapy at home as well.

Ugh...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Idiot BIL

Wow, yeah that sounds like something mine would do. Idiot.

Your BIL might just have lucked into a goldmine. MLB just canceled their deal with Topps

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
doug - evergreen park wrote:

Sorry to hear man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
You ever sell a house and then drive by it two years later and all the hard work you put in to keeping the yard nice and trees trimmed has been undone? Our old house has the mailbox leaning and the entire yard has died and bushes all over grown. Obviously not my problem anymore but just kinda made me sad for a few minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:35 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
When my parents passed we had to sell the family farm house that had been in the family since our family built it 100 years previously.

It was old but a classic looking farmhouse. Straight out of Field of Dreams.

A guy from Aurora bought it. Put some French Doors on the front that looked weird.

A few years later it burned to the ground. I grew up there. I’ve never been able to go see. It would bum me out too much.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Same thing with my 1st house, T-bone. Sold the place and drove by about a year later. One of the ground floor awnings was hanging off the front, bushes were overgrown and some of these screens were knocked out of the porch. Weird feeling of disappointmemt.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:06 am 

A good reason to not take care of the yard and such. I won't be sad later on :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
A good reason to not take care of the yard and such. I won't be sad later on :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
:lol:

Good call.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Idiot BIL

This is a little extreme of a reaction.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 190  Next