It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
DAC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Idiot BIL
I've got (at least) one of these myself.

"Sorry, I'm Commissioner of our FFB league and our draft is that Sunday. We won't be making (your son's) birthday party. Sorry I thought the party was Saturday."
That text is word for word. We sent out invites about 3 weeks ago and told his wife the date in mid July.

"Well you do what you gotta do. But if fantasy sports is more important than your nephew's bday, then you are no longer important enough to be welcomed into my home for Holidays or other events," was my reply.

This is a little extreme of a reaction.

It's a nephew. I got like a dozen of them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
T-Bone wrote:
You ever sell a house and then drive by it two years later and all the hard work you put in to keeping the yard nice and trees trimmed has been undone? Our old house has the mailbox leaning and the entire yard has died and bushes all over grown. Obviously not my problem anymore but just kinda made me sad for a few minutes.

We moved out of our first home when the remodel of the farm house here was complete, on the Fourth of July weekend many years ago. Around Labor Day, the new owners contacted me about help finding the septic tank at the first house. I went over and was floored- four kids and two Great Danes had destroyed everything I had worked on for eight years. Ripped the front storm door off the house. The Mom was painting walls dark maroon, like auto body primer, and the dogs ran past kicking over a full gallon of paint in the living room- looked like a slaughter house that red on light gray carpet. I don't think he'd mowed the lawn yet. Even the swingset was broken.

I found the septic tank very easily, as we'd had it pumped before the sale. They had plugged it up already.

Sure enough, within two years, divorced and foreclosed. Sure glad we got our money out at closing!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:47 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
the MIL was having trouble speaking and reading for three weeks and didn't tell anyone. Last Saturday she is admitted and they find a 3cm lesion on her left frontal lobe and some masses in her lungs. had surgery on Tuesday to remove the lesion. we are waiting on pathology results, but it's pretty fair to assume she has lung cancer. she is supposed to go home today and will have occupational therapy and physical therapy at home as well.

it's been a very weird week, to say the least.

At least she has a Son-in-Law who can show her how to kick cancer's ass!

Sometimes I think people know what's up, and purposely wait too long to make sure it won't drag on too long. It's a good thing we really don't know the date and time of the coming end, it's really easy to live differently if you think you do know.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:16 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
K Effective wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
You ever sell a house and then drive by it two years later and all the hard work you put in to keeping the yard nice and trees trimmed has been undone? Our old house has the mailbox leaning and the entire yard has died and bushes all over grown. Obviously not my problem anymore but just kinda made me sad for a few minutes.

We moved out of our first home when the remodel of the farm house here was complete, on the Fourth of July weekend many years ago. Around Labor Day, the new owners contacted me about help finding the septic tank at the first house. I went over and was floored- four kids and two Great Danes had destroyed everything I had worked on for eight years. Ripped the front storm door off the house. The Mom was painting walls dark maroon, like auto body primer, and the dogs ran past kicking over a full gallon of paint in the living room- looked like a slaughter house that red on light gray carpet. I don't think he'd mowed the lawn yet. Even the swingset was broken.

I found the septic tank very easily, as we'd had it pumped before the sale. They had plugged it up already.

Sure enough, within two years, divorced and foreclosed. Sure glad we got our money out at closing!

Oy... Yeah I had only put about 4-5 years of work into ours. Like you mentioned, we sold while the market was high and allowed us to get into our current money pit. It was a cash deal and overall it couldn't have worked out better, I just couldn't believe how quickly it went to pot. It was a relatively easy place to take care of but I also realize that some people weren't raised or given the knowledge of how to do yard work or keep things up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:08 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
K Effective wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

That hurts. I think I gave the previous owner of my house the opposite reaction. As a condition of the sale, the previous owner had to come back and do some plumbing work (he owned his own company). So he came back about a month after the closing. I had taken their mint green kitchen, including the ceiling, and painted it a nice beige/gray color. I put down some vinyl tiles with grout over the sheet vinyl, added a back splash, and replaced the 70s-era cabinet hardware with something simple and modern. Spent less than $500 on supplies but completely revamped the kitchen. The look he had when he walked in was very rewarding.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
yeah our first home i poured my heart and soul into. the garage was at the bottom of a hill and caving in, the home was there was a flat roof sunporch that was completely destroyed with water damage, permastone stiding that was falling apart. I basically rebuilt the garage, made the sunporch and extension of the master bath, and resided the whole home. I also finished the basement. it became the pride of the neighborhood sitting on that corner lot. its been sold like 3 times in 8 years and it looks like a dump more and more everytime i drive by.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The FEDEX website has been down since Monday. No go on tracking, labels, claims, quotes, LTLs, etc. Its quite annoying.

I suppose that's one way to deal with the logistics crunch. Just close up the website so nobody can do any business.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Found out a guy I went to high school died today. A guy I considered a friend but likely had something to do with the breakup of my first marriage so it’s a strange feeling. A nice guy for sure but I’m struggling feeling really bad about it overall. Anyone else gave a similar feeling about someone recently?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:40 pm 

We had a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. In June it had some issues and ended up at the dealership until the first week in August while they figured out what was going on and got it fixed. It was a major pain in the ass and Dodge was awful to work with, so once it got fixed we traded it in on a 2017 Toyota Sienna. Come out tonight and it won't start. Fuck me!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
RFDC wrote:
We had a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. In June it had some issues and ended up at the dealership until the first week in August while they figured out what was going on and got it fixed. It was a major pain in the ass and Dodge was awful to work with, so once it got fixed we traded it in on a 2017 Toyota Sienna. Come out tonight and it won't start. Fuck me!

Do like I do, here is my card and you can talk to my husband.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:52 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Do like I do, here is my card and you can talk to my husband.

I dont think your husband would appreciate me doing that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
RFDC wrote:
I dont think your husband would appreciate me doing that.

I can vouch for you. Not all of us unnerstan mechanical parts!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The FEDEX website has been down since Monday. No go on tracking, labels, claims, quotes, LTLs, etc. Its quite annoying.

I suppose that's one way to deal with the logistics crunch. Just close up the website so nobody can do any business.

we use a company that is 100% fedex. its infuriating. there is no rhyme or reason to the tracking. they'll ship 2 boxes from the same location same day, 3 states away, 1 will say it will be there tomorrow (it won't) and the other a week away (it will arrive earlier). the tracking information while in route is often wrong and or all over the place. changing delivery dates multiple times. its ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:12 am 

the site logged me off during my multi-paragraph post to this thread about the weekend. It returned me to a blank post box.

Maybe I should not be complaining.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
K Effective wrote:
the site logged me off during my multi-paragraph post to this thread about the weekend. It returned me to a blank post box.

Maybe I should not be complaining.

If you press back on your browser your writing should still be there. Happens to me all the time.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:17 am 

Thanks. I 'll just leave it as it is. I should complain less than I do, certainly about this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:10 pm 

ESPN gets rid of Dan LeBatard, Highly Questionable and Max Kellerman, but keeps indulging Stephen A Smith and Mike Greenberg?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:22 am 

you know, that woman who Mac lost his job over does seem to consistently dress inappropriately for her position

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's
RFDC wrote:

Battling a code with our 2015 Town & Country. Of course it pops right when I need to re-register it, which of course, this is the year it needs to pass the emissions test in order to register it.

Fixed the issue with the code given, reset the PCM, waited two'ish weeks for all the readiness monitors to run and a week ago Saturday was going to take it for emissions test. Friday, 5'ish PM, wife calls me and tells me the damn MIL is back on. Go scan it, another seperate, yet related code. So now I am running through all the cheap fixes before having to spend on a new catalytic converter.

BTW, I hate working on this Pentastar V6.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:23 pm 

having to get glasses. guess I am getting old :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:

Bifocals?

Then you are old.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
You raised four daughters.

You're lucky you didn't gouge your eyes out ten years ago. Be thankful you still have them and they are at least somewhat functioning.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:08 pm 

Have issues seeing far away and things up are close are better but still need a little help with that. So it will be with bifocals too

Frank, good call :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Just make sure you don't get ladies' frames.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:15 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

:lol: that was the worst part trying to pick out frames.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
the MIL's prognosis is bad.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
doug - evergreen park wrote:
the MIL's prognosis is bad.

:(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:51 pm 

RFDC, getting old sucks!!!

Doug, sorry to hear, my thoughts are with you all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:10 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

:lol: that was the worst part trying to pick out frames.

There are all gender neutral these days, anyway. Go for the Kurt Rambis/Hanson Brothers look.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 190  Next