It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 990 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Ok, how about ESPN? The Raiders are 1 spot above the Bears at #21.

Its fun for entertainment purposes. ESPN's Paul Gutierrez just watched us dominate the #5 team in intrasquad for 2 days so he might disagree with that ranking. He probably didn't have a lot of input even though he's the Raiders insider and did the little blurb on Mayock. The coaches value the 11 on 11 in intrasquad more than the preseason games. The video is controlled so its 1's vs. 1's running real plays not the vanilla they run in the preseason because they don't want to put anything on film.

As I mentioned up top I believe the "experts" aren't ranking us properly because they are comparing the 2021 offensive line to a 2020 offensive line that didn't exist. With a line in disarray last season the offense was still 8th in yards and 3rd in scoring drive %. Too many FG's but that will change with Moreau and Drake. With a better line and more weapons they predict a decline which makes no sense.

Its the defense where they're way off though and most of that is because they didn't listen to the Will Compton podcast or were unable to grasp what he was saying. He described in detail how incompetent Guenther was. He didn't just suck. He was making calls that weren't even in the gameplan or didn't match the personnel on the field. Throw Marinelli into the mix and it was a perfect storm of inept defensive coaching. There were games last season where we had the worst defensive value per play since the stat was recorded in the mid 90s. I don't believe the "experts" are taking into account the difference from Guenther to Bradley because they don't fully understand Guenther's incompetence. Bradley is a massive step up from Guenther and I believe we're already seeing positive signs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:58 am 
1000 CLUB

Raiders used the pick they got for Bowden to move up for the best safety in the draft Trevon Moehrig. Nice recovery by Mayock.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:18 am 
1000 CLUB

If anyone is looking for someone to take in the later rounds Foster Moreau could be a nice pick. 5 TD's his rookie season before knee injury in early December ended season. He's 100% healthy and looking good in camp.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

The #1 defense had no answer for Waller...or Renfrow...or Ruggs. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

I leave tomorrow and won't be back until October. Hopefully Furious returns and keeps the thread going. If he doesn't come back after we beat the hell out of the Ravens then I'll have to assume the worst.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Carr is not a good QB, Gruene is not a good coach and Ruggs is a bust.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The offense looks as good as the Bears defense did.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Everytime they show Ruggs his ass is falling down. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucky Lil's
Darren Waller has really elevated his game again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:30 pm 

What a fucking kick.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I guess Harbaugh wanted to keep that timeout instead of icing the kicker…why???

I’m only really whining because that kick cost me my FF game :x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:55 pm 

Wild game. Great ending, Carr made the play.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:20 am 
1000 CLUB

312player wrote:

This aged badly. Carr is a top 10 QB and he's the most clutch QB in the NFL. This isn't an opinion its a statistical fact. He's the highest rated QB at the end of 1st and 2nd half and has 25 4th quarter comeback wins. When Jackson started to falter (throwing 6 incompletions in a row at one point) Carr removed the restrictor plate and toyed with the Raven defense in the 4th quarter and OT. The interception was on Snead. I wondered why they even signed the guy as he doesn't bring anything we need.

Ruggs caught the bomb that set up the game tying touchdown. Gruden may not be a great head coach (there's no excuse for not launching Guenther after his 1st season) but he's an excellent play caller. He may have redeemed himself with the hiring of Gus Bradley.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:44 am 
1000 CLUB

Bradley had him trim back down to 260 so he's bringing even more speed off the edge. Plus the dude never gets tired.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:03 am 
1000 CLUB

Nice job by Carr. Renfrow is the primary on this play but Carr decides to take what he wants. Pump fake to Waller freezes Fitzpatrick and when Ruggs is even he's leavin'. Impressive arm strength by Carr to get the ball out there on one leg after being rolled up on earlier.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:16 am 
1000 CLUB

For some reason the Niners we were using him as an end and we used him as a 4i against the Ravens. He has elite burst upfield that gets wasted outside just leave him inside. The man is a 3-tech.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:30 am 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Ok, how about ESPN? The Raiders are 1 spot above the Bears at #21.

2 weeks later we're #10 and you're #11.

The Power Rankings can't be taken seriously (especially ESPN). The Cardinals got bailed out by an inept kicker vs. a dumpster fire team at home and they moved up 5 spots.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:59 am 
1000 CLUB

Best feet in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:10 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
312player wrote:

This aged badly. Carr is a top 10 QB and he's the most clutch QB in the NFL. This isn't an opinion its a statistical fact. He's the highest rated QB at the end of 1st and 2nd half and has 25 4th quarter comeback wins. When Jackson started to falter (throwing 6 incompletions in a row at one point) Carr removed the restrictor plate and toyed with the Raven defense in the 4th quarter and OT. The interception was on Snead. I wondered why they even signed the guy as he doesn't bring anything we need.

Ruggs caught the bomb that set up the game tying touchdown. Gruden may not be a great head coach (there's no excuse for not launching Guenther after his 1st season) but he's an excellent play caller. He may have redeemed himself with the hiring of Gus Bradley.

Let's revisit this in December, I'm hearing how great Carr is everywhere.. I don't buy it, he's an average QB and Ruggs had one game so far.. he sucked last year and may suck a lil bit less this year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:55 am 
1000 CLUB

They've been talking about Carr way too much. It was the defense that crumbled last season not the offense. I heard some moron say Carr has a different look in his eye this season...what a load of crap. The Raiders are different this season because they got rid of Guenther and picked up Gus Bradley and his assistants. I would like to see some reporting on how things were under Guenther. All we have is a podcast from Will Compton and some comments from Brandon Marshall but it sounds like there was some 30 for 30 quality garbage going on. The game film was baffling. It wasn't until the Compton podcast that I could finally piece it together.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
MongoMuller wrote:
Nice job by Carr. Renfrow is the primary on this play but Carr decides to take what he wants. Pump fake to Waller freezes Fitzpatrick and when Ruggs is even he's leavin'. Impressive arm strength by Carr to get the ball out there on one leg after being rolled up on earlier.

57 yards in the air, flatfooted and maybe even leaning back a little bit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:20 am 
1000 CLUB

Dolphins should be a good test to see if the defense can dominate an opponent they should dominate. They struggle in pass pro and Brissett holds on to the ball a long time. Raiders only team in league with 2 guys in top 10 off the line Ngakoue #3 and Crosby #7. Crosby leads league in pressures and hits. Solomon Thomas was a disruptive force inside vs. Steelers. We've only blitzed 4 times so far which is lowest in league.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Great game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Probably the worst 1st quarter for Gruden since he got here. Spotted Miami 14 points and the ball then came back to score 25 unanswered then missed xp that would have put game away. We outplayed Miami but they made a few plays when they needed to and almost stole game away. I think the people talking about a trap game were right and we were looking ahead to the Chargers. Defensive line did a nice job applying pressure...would have had more sacks but Brissett was throwing the ball at the RB's feet when he'd get in the grasp. The running game came to life in 2nd half...the offensive line need more snaps to get their timing right on the combo blocks. Games vs. Miami are always crazy so we'll take the win.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
MongoMuller wrote:

Still the worst team in their division.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:55 am 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Still the worst team in their division.

Yeah that would be the Broncos. Their opponents are 0-9 and they can't even get thru the scrubs without losing half their roster. They're in for a rude awakening.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:00 am 
1000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Let's revisit this in December, I'm hearing how great Carr is everywhere.. I don't buy it, he's an average QB and Ruggs had one game so far.. he sucked last year and may suck a lil bit less this year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:13 am 

I tried to trade for Ruggs, maybe I'm becoming a believer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 990 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next