It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:41 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hawg Ass wrote:
My college golf coach had a stroke last night, next to my father and grandfather's, I have never looked up to a man any higher. Prayers for a recovery. :(

Sorry Hawg. I happened to randomly come upon an obituary for my high school golf coach who dies last May. I always meant to reach out and thank him for all he did for me but never got around to it. Hope your coach can make a strong recovery.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
My golf coach accidentally drove a john deere gator into a semi trailer killing himself while setting up for the John Deere Classic.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:57 am 

who knew we had so many soft, country club kids who played high school golf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:56 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:

My golf coach was an old football player from Fenger HS.

He looked and acted like a Marine Drill Sergeant.

He drove us to meets in a yellow VW bus and he made us listen to the South Pacific soundtrack on 8-track tape as we went to and from tournaments.

It felt like he was one of the oldest guys in the world at the time. He was 53.

He was a great guy. Bought an RV with a trailer for his golf cart and traveled the US in retirement playing golf as was his dream.

He passed away a few years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:07 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He drove us to meets in a yellow VW bus and he made us listen to the South Pacific soundtrack on 8-track tape as we went to and from tournaments.

He was a great guy. Bought an RV with a trailer for his golf cart and traveled the US in retirement playing golf as was his dream.

Well ahoy, sailor!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:17 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Well ahoy, sailor!

He was a bit of an enigma.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:18 am 

He was married. Had a bunch of kids.

The point of my story wasn't that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:26 am 

good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Well ahoy, sailor!

He was a bit of an enigma.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1138

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:53 pm 

I am the assistant girls basketball coach at our high school, been in this position for the last few years. We have had a pretty successful run winning our conference last year and advancing in the state tournament a couple rounds. We return 4 of 5 starters from last years team and should be pretty good again. Our head coach resigned at the end of our season, so the school began a search for a new coach. I put in for the position but was told I was not experienced enough for the spot. They hired a guy who retired recently from another school district. He has coached for almost 30 years. Due to his retirement he was not able to official take over our program until August 1st so he could not do anything with the team. So I was the interim coach this summer while they waited for this guy to take over. At the start of the summer I met with this guy a few times. He seemed like a great guy and was excited to take over the program. I asked him what I could implement during the summer to make his transition smoother. He said nothing. He had watched our game film and liked the things we had done the previous year and wanted me to continue running those things and he thought that would make the transition smoother especially considering we have a large group of seniors this year who have ran this same stuff since 6th grade. So that sounded good to me and I agreed with him that was the best plan for the transition. So I coached this summer. We did all our normal stuff. So August 1st comes and he officially takes the job. He tells me he is going to do some team building things during the fall to get to know people. Again, that sounded good and I thought it would help the transition. November 1st comes and our first day of practice arrives. The guy did nothing from August 1st to Nov 1 other than coming to one volleyball game to watch a few of the players. During that time I got really concerned about how things were going to go. First day of practice he acts as if we had never talked about keeping all our old stuff and begins putting in all completely new stuff. On top of that he is real old school hard ass guy and he comes off mad all the time. The girls quickly get frustrated. We had 21 girls on the team this summer. In a matter of about 3 days those numbers drop to 15 girls. After the first week we are at 11 girls, which is where we currently stand. It has been miserable. Before practice and after practice this guy is a real nice guy, but once practice starts he is completely different. Of the 11 girls we currently have at least 9 of them hate him and have considered quitting. I have been trying to be the good cop and keep them encouraged and playing. But it is really hard, especially since I feel like he completely lied to me on how he was going to run things. Our admin has talked to me and asked what is going on and I have been honest with them. We start games tomorrow. I have never been less excited for a season to begin and it sucks because I truly love basketball and coaching.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Is this guy a drunk?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Is this guy a drunk?
I think he partakes, but I wouldn't call RFDC a drunk.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:03 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I am the assistant girls basketball coach at our high school, been in this position for the last few years. We have had a pretty successful run winning our conference last year and advancing in the state tournament a couple rounds. We return 4 of 5 starters from last years team and should be pretty good again. Our head coach resigned at the end of our season, so the school began a search for a new coach. I put in for the position but was told I was not experienced enough for the spot. They hired a guy who retired recently from another school district. He has coached for almost 30 years. Due to his retirement he was not able to official take over our program until August 1st so he could not do anything with the team. So I was the interim coach this summer while they waited for this guy to take over. At the start of the summer I met with this guy a few times. He seemed like a great guy and was excited to take over the program. I asked him what I could implement during the summer to make his transition smoother. He said nothing. He had watched our game film and liked the things we had done the previous year and wanted me to continue running those things and he thought that would make the transition smoother especially considering we have a large group of seniors this year who have ran this same stuff since 6th grade. So that sounded good to me and I agreed with him that was the best plan for the transition. So I coached this summer. We did all our normal stuff. So August 1st comes and he officially takes the job. He tells me he is going to do some team building things during the fall to get to know people. Again, that sounded good and I thought it would help the transition. November 1st comes and our first day of practice arrives. The guy did nothing from August 1st to Nov 1 other than coming to one volleyball game to watch a few of the players. During that time I got really concerned about how things were going to go. First day of practice he acts as if we had never talked about keeping all our old stuff and begins putting in all completely new stuff. On top of that he is real old school hard ass guy and he comes off mad all the time. The girls quickly get frustrated. We had 21 girls on the team this summer. In a matter of about 3 days those numbers drop to 15 girls. After the first week we are at 11 girls, which is where we currently stand. It has been miserable. Before practice and after practice this guy is a real nice guy, but once practice starts he is completely different. Of the 11 girls we currently have at least 9 of them hate him and have considered quitting. I have been trying to be the good cop and keep them encouraged and playing. But it is really hard, especially since I feel like he completely lied to me on how he was going to run things. Our admin has talked to me and asked what is going on and I have been honest with them. We start games tomorrow. I have never been less excited for a season to begin and it sucks because I truly love basketball and coaching.

He's setting you up for the old "Get thrown out of the game" trick.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Frank Coztansa wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Is this guy a drunk?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:07 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Is this guy a drunk?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: the guy is about to make me become a drunk

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:

Has the new coach said, "Hey, you fucked up. You trusted me."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:12 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:

That sounds awful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:36 am 

RFDC similar to the brother in law stories, gonna need some follow up on this one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Has the new coach said, "Hey, you fucked up. You trusted me."

I was searching for the GIF from Animal House as you posted this!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Seacrest wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That sounds awful.

Sounds like those girls are soft and can't take tough coaching/constructive criticism.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:48 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That sounds awful.

Sounds like those girls are soft and can't take tough coaching/constructive criticism.

Soft like the place in your arm where you got the jab?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:49 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
RFDC similar to the brother in law stories, gonna need some follow up on this one.

:lol: Yeah I will do my best, but I don't think this situation will lead to any good stories like that situation.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That sounds awful.

:lol:

Sounds like some parents got in his ear over the summer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:52 am 

RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That sounds awful.

You admitted the guy is nice before and after practice..so he's basically Tom Thibodeau in practice and games..what's the big deal? Maybe the problem isn't him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:55 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

You admitted the guy is nice before and after practice..so he's basically Tom Thibodeau in practice and games..what's the big deal? Maybe the problem isn't him.

:lol: yeah thibs indeed.

Once again you jump in a thread and act like you have a fucking clue when you don't.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:22 am 

RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Once again you jump in a thread and act like you have a fucking clue when you don't.

Then fill in the gaps, because honestly, it sounds like the girls can't deal with tough coaching. This isn't rec league or grade school, this is high school.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:29 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
You didn't graduate high school, so what would you know?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:36 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Then fill in the gaps, because honestly, it sounds like the girls can't deal with tough coaching. This isn't rec league or grade school, this is high school.

You obviously cannot read, so no surprise.

Go troll somewhere else.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:37 am 

Don't get upset when Caller Bob disagrees with you. Get upset when Caller Bob agrees with you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:38 am 

Brick wrote:
Don't get upset when Caller Bob disagrees with you. Get upset when Caller Bob agrees with you.

:lol: excellent point.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:39 am 

Brick wrote:

Being a hard-ass coach isn't a crime, btw. Frank wasn't disciplined, now look where he's at in life, driving to gas stations to get his ass kicked by black men.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162 ... 190  Next