It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Allen Robinson has played 1 game since Week 9. Should Fields throw it to him on the sideline?

These issues existed before Robinson decided to get healthy for next season.

So when Fields hit Robinson on a dime to the endzone and Allen dropped an easy TD, that was Fields fault for not throwing more to him?

What does that have to do with my statement that Fields ignores Robinson on plays when he's the first read?

Cuz that sounds inaccurate to me. Robinson quit on Fields this year and everybody knows it, not the other way around.

A drop in Week 2 proves that what I posted is wrong? Nagy gently acknowledged this when asked about Robinson not being targeted. I didn't pull this out of my ass.

Allen Robinson quitting this year proves what you posted is wrong. 5.6 targets a game for a guy quitting on routes and faking injuries is pretty generous I think

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Parkins spent a lot of time yesterday trying to pick apart QBR since he's the ultimate Fields fanboy, but said Fields has been improving his QBR since the Cleveland debacle. Last night his QBR was 16.5, despite 80 yards and a TD in dumpster time against a terrible defense. The fumbles are absolutely killing him (as are the sacks for huge losses, though I don't think they factor into the calculation).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
The Saint Justin effect on guys who were very quick to give up on Mitch is pretty incredible.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:38 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
August Schell wrote:
The Saint Justin effect on guys who were very quick to give up on Mitch is pretty incredible.

Yep! Nagy was an offensive genius who couldn't excel because (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky sucked. Now, Fields is a great quarterback who can't succeed because Nagy sucks. It'll probably flip again with the next coach. These people don't lose their jobs for awful opinions though.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky sucks, Nagy sucks and Fields may suck.

Jaw Breaker wrote:
The fumbles are absolutely killing him (as are the sacks for huge losses, though I don't think they factor into the calculation).

Maybe you were right to point out hand size...

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:47 am 
100000 CLUB

Fields wants to be out of the pocket more and do more no huddle stuff. I'll bet dollars to donuts that it doesn't happen.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:52 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Parkins spent a lot of time yesterday trying to pick apart QBR since he's the ultimate Fields fanboy, but said Fields has been improving his QBR since the Cleveland debacle. Last night his QBR was 16.5, despite 80 yards and a TD in dumpster time against a terrible defense. The fumbles are absolutely killing him (as are the sacks for huge losses, though I don't think they factor into the calculation).

Thats the thing though. People were all too willing to write off Claussen and Rosen after a short sample size. Not with this guy though.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nas wrote:
Fields wants to be out of the pocket more and do more no huddle stuff. I'll bet dollars to donuts that it doesn't happen.

funny....the same stuff Mitch was better at, as well.

No coach wants to do that as a plan going in. :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:58 am 

Sometimes it goes back to the simplest analysis...he was not perceived as a can't-miss/must-have by anyone other than Pace. So it's not really surprising that he's basically a coin flip at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Terry's Peeps wrote:

maybe Desmond Howard was right

Fields looks like a semi-competent NFL QB out there, Seifert's numbers seem worse than the eye test.

Wilson appears to be the first clear bust from 2021 QB draft class. Jets still running him out there.

Jets vs Jags, Wilson vs Lawrence this weekend. The Bust Bowl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Sometimes it goes back to the simplest analysis...he was not perceived as a can't-miss/must-have by anyone other than Pace. So it's not really surprising that he's basically a coin flip at this point.

Can't put that on Pace and Nagy. MANY here and elsewhere were certain that he would be a star. Admitting that we may have been wrong can be difficult.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Can't put that on Pace and Nagy. MANY here and elsewhere were certain that he would be a star. Admitting that we may have been wrong can be difficult.

You can sure put trading what's currently next years #6 pick on Pace.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I thought the over the top optimism following the draft was unwarranted but this complete reversal to bust talk is as well. Everyone seems to agree that the coaches and much of the team - especially on offense - suck. It is also acknowledged that the vast majority of rookie qb's will struggle and mostly look bad, as evidenced again this season. Fields has exhibited a decent arm on many occasions and the sacks & fumbles are in large part due to a lack of awareness...something that will come with experience. That said, of course it's possible that he won't ever be a top tier starter but it's just too early to give up on him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Regarding Robinson....Parkins and others blamed the lack of Fields/Robinson chemistry on the lack of 1st team reps in training camp. That didn't explain why Fields was focusing more on Mooney and why he felt comfortable throwing to him though. Virtually everyone following the Bears from the media to this board wanted the Bears to sign Robinson to a long term deal making him one of the top paid WR in football. But, now he sucks?

What changed? Is Robinson not who everyone has been saying he is for years? Class act...Team guy...Not a Me guy...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:18 pm 

Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I had him as better than Trevor Lawrence, but right now that doesn't look to be a high bar.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:20 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I had him as better than Trevor Lawrence, but right now that doesn't look to be a high bar.

I wouldn't give up on him either. His situation was even worse than Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:21 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
and the sacks & fumbles are in large part due to a lack of awareness...something that will come with experience.

He didn’t just wake up and start playing quarterback . If he doesn’t understand he needs to take care of the ball and that sacks are bad at this point in his career as a quarterback , he’s not going to.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
August Schell wrote:
Regarding Robinson....Parkins and others blamed the lack of Fields/Robinson chemistry on the lack of 1st team reps in training camp. That didn't explain why Fields was focusing more on Mooney and why he felt comfortable throwing to him though. Virtually everyone following the Bears from the media to this board wanted the Bears to sign Robinson to a long term deal making him one of the top paid WR in football. But, now he sucks?

What changed? Is Robinson not who everyone has been saying he is for years? Class act...Team guy...Not a Me guy...

I don't think there was a consensus on Robinson. MANY thought he didn't make the catches a #1 receiver should have made in 2020. The biggest reason to keep him was that it was one less position a team already low in draft capital had to address, and a one year tag was a reasonable option.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:29 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
and the sacks & fumbles are in large part due to a lack of awareness...something that will come with experience.

He didn’t just wake up and start playing quarterback . If he doesn’t understand he needs to take care of the ball and that sacks are bad at this point in his career as a quarterback , he’s not going to.
I disagree. College is worlds different than the pros. The OSU line was far superior than almost any defense he went against. Further the speed of the players and the complexities of the schemes he is facing are nothing like he saw growing up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:38 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
The OSU line was far superior than almost any defense he went against.

Maybe that spoiled him as he didn't have to learn to go through progressions as fast as someone in a lesser program where the ball had to come out much faster.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:54 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
The OSU line was far superior than almost any defense he went against.

Maybe that spoiled him as he didn't have to learn to go through progressions as fast as someone in a lesser program where the ball had to come out much faster.

That’s probably true but it also implies that’s something that can be learned.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:52 am 

Michael Lombardi just told Haugh that the thing Fields needs to work on in the offseason is his mechanics: “his throwing mechanics have been terrible since Ohio State.”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:42 am 

I agree with that. He hold the ball too low, releases it too low and it seems to make him take more time to load up to throw.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Maybe he can also grow his hands a bit.

Nothing crazy; not talking trestman era ‘grow the man’ nonsense. But if old Virginia can find a way to grow the man’s hands it’ll be a nice first step.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
good dolphin wrote:
I agree with that. He hold the ball too low, releases it too low and it seems to make him take more time to load up to throw.

The ‘Jump Pass’ is particularly alarming. It’s just another sign that he’s getting no real coaching at all. How on Earth do you let a guy get away with that shit?

But yeah, his mechanics -especially lately- are amongst the worst I’ve seen in a while.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The ‘Jump Pass’ is particularly alarming. It’s just another sign that he’s getting no real coaching at all. How on Earth do you let a guy get away with that shit?

But yeah, his mechanics -especially lately- are amongst the worst I’ve seen in a while.

It's something that guys like Mahomes, Jackson and probably Rodgers have done before. It's not fundamentally sound, but you "allow" special players to do some of those things.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
With next year being yet another rebuilding year with either George and a new cadre of his hand picked goofs or with hopefully an entire front office reset, next season will be a great chance to get a Nagy free evaluation, team will likely stink again and will get another shot at a franchise QB in the draft.

Decision making looks to be his biggest failure, he often passes up short easy connections and takes sack after sack while holding the ball too long, sadly that sometimes never improves in a QB.

However, he can definitely hit the edge and get an easy 5-10 yards whenever he wants, so wonder if you maybe bulk him up a bit and get him a few more QB runs as a part of your game plan? Still think a quality TE and WR along with better game planning that incorporates a few screen passes and uses the RB's in the passing game would help immensely, but we really don't know anything about any of the offensive players until the team is deNagyfied.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:42 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Maybe he can also grow his hands a bit.

Nothing crazy; not talking trestman era ‘grow the man’ nonsense. But if old Virginia can find a way to grow the man’s hands it’ll be a nice first step.

like I wrote before, hand exercises to strengthen the hand/fingers. Talk to some MLB pitchers as they have some methods.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:46 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
With next year being yet another rebuilding year with either George and a new cadre of his hand picked goofs or with hopefully an entire front office reset, next season will be a great chance to get a Nagy free evaluation, team will likely stink again and will get another shot at a franchise QB in the draft.

Decision making looks to be his biggest failure, he often passes up short easy connections and takes sack after sack while holding the ball too long, sadly that sometimes never improves in a QB.

However, he can definitely hit the edge and get an easy 5-10 yards whenever he wants, so wonder if you maybe bulk him up a bit and get him a few more QB runs as a part of your game plan? Still think a quality TE and WR along with better game planning that incorporates a few screen passes and uses the RB's in the passing game would help immensely, but we really don't know anything about any of the offensive players until the team is deNagyfied.

Supposedly, teaching him to check the ball down is a struggle. He wants to hit a home run on every play. He doesn't trust what he sees enough to let the ball go so he takes a 20 yard sack.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
wasn't Tom Brady's small hands why he had the Patriots staff take air out the footballs pregame? Maybe the Bears should try that with Fields

NFL needs something akin to The MVP Machine, where they took a mediocre starting pitcher and using intense video analysis, data crunching and coaching produced the biggest baseball douchebag ever--a douchebag capable of pitching at a Cy Young level.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 146  Next