It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:51 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
I just find it hilarious that few here like anyone on the Score, yet patriot and moan about everyone and anything there except McNeil, who has proven that he doesn't respect any of you enough to do his job over the last 15 years.

To be fair, I think most here think he puts on a decent show. They just like to make fun of his tough guy persona and creepiness with female guests. And perhaps his burrito tendencies.

And yet it was Mac who was hinting at those tendencies on air. And Larry is just a joke.

They both bored me to the point where I stopped listening years ago. But I was wondering what dumb crap led to this thread getting bumped with regularity.

Ok. When was Mac mentioned in this thread except by you?

I only referenced him because he's a board golden calf who has been pretty much the same blowhard. Or fraud.

See Darkside's post above.

Darkside's post referenced Mac? Maybe I'm confused.

Darksides's description fits Mac to a T.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Uh...

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Darkside wrote:
Uh...

Maybe the screaming into the microphone and gay tendencies (not that there's anything wrong with that). The rest of it is strictly LoHo.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:58 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Uh...

You have your opinion,I have mine. But there isn't much of a different in fawning over often shitty 50 year old music and fawning over comic books when it comes right down to it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:00 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Uh...

You have your opinion,I have mine. But there isn't much of a different in fawning over often shitty 50 year old music and fawning over comic books when it comes right down to it.

I guess I'm lost lost here. What the hell does Dan McNeil have have to do with... anything?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:07 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Uh...

I guess I'm lost lost here. What the hell does Dan McNeil have have to do with... anything?

He's a shitty host, just like Larry. But again he's a golden calf who doesn't get the same treatment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:09 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Uh...

He's a shitty host, just like Larry. But again he's a golden calf who doesn't get the same treatment.

I guess I'm lost here. This is a thread about Leery and Mac has been irrelevant for 11 years.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:12 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Uh...

I guess I'm lost here. This is a thread about Leery and Mac has been irrelevant for 11 years.

And Larry has never objectively been relevant. What's your point?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:13 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Uh...

And Larry has never objectively been relevant. What's your point?

Is... this satire?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Regular Reader wrote:
Boers carried him for years, but I've never thought much about him for a decade. Until his als usuals chimed in with the note similar to his own. Which gets ignored.

Please, Boers carries nobody. Boers pisses in the wind with the direction of his partners, there is little real about him. He had and did a job. He hitched his wagon both times, but I do kinda wonder if you asked him which was better between McNeil or Bernstein what his answer would be.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:17 pm 

13 pages in about a loser and you ask that? Only the July thread is more ridiculously angry.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:21 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Boers carried him for years, but I've never thought much about him for a decade. Until his als usuals chimed in with the note similar to his own. Which gets ignored.

Please, Boers carries nobody. Boers pisses in the wind with the direction of his partners, there is little real about him. He had and did a job. He hitched his wagon both times, but I do kinda wonder if you asked him which was better between McNeil or Bernstein what his answer would be.

Please. McNeil was a back bench guy looking to get high and had little to offer until he'd been with Boers for 5-6 years.

He was only memorable for getting plastered with North and having breakfast at Wag' s before an early Saturday shift.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Regular Reader wrote:
13 pages in about a loser and you ask that? Only the July thread is more ridiculously angry.

This thread was started before Covid—13 pages over 2 and a half years isn’t a very active thread.

And I don’t pick up on anger—the vibe of the thread is more that he is weird and his show is boring, and his sports thoughts aren’t very insightful.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:55 pm 

Darkside wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
He puts on a professional show, which is rare for the score.

Like hell he does.
He screams into the microphone. Sometimes he just walks away from it screaming. He rambles on about shit nobody gives any fucks about for way too long like comics or gay ass movies or whatever he rambles on about. His bits are terrible. Take 5 or top 5 or whatever it is... I don't give a fuck what Larry's favorite candy bars are. He gets only 2 hours. 15 minutes of which are taken up by transition and he replays more old shit than TV land. He is a total creep to any female he interviews or really even talks about. Today, he spent 5 minutes talking to his producer about a show Herb can't watch because he doesn't have HBO. He slobbers over every male guest he has too. He's fucking weird.

BASS DROP!!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Like hell he does.
He screams into the microphone. Sometimes he just walks away from it screaming. He rambles on about shit nobody gives any fucks about for way too long like comics or gay ass movies or whatever he rambles on about. His bits are terrible. Take 5 or top 5 or whatever it is... I don't give a fuck what Larry's favorite candy bars are. He gets only 2 hours. 15 minutes of which are taken up by transition and he replays more old shit than TV land. He is a total creep to any female he interviews or really even talks about. Today, he spent 5 minutes talking to his producer about a show Herb can't watch because he doesn't have HBO. He slobbers over every male guest he has too. He's fucking weird.

Yep. Nice job, Darkside. You nailed it.

You just forgot to mention that fake fucking laugh. Laughing at things that nobody considers funny. I wish somebody at the SCORE would check him in these moments and ask "Why the fuck are you laughing?" Which is what all listeners are asking. They just don't say it cuz he's black and they know he'll take it as racism. Nobody can bust his balls at the SCORE because of the race thing. They all know that. They all would admit that in private.

Larry thinks he's funny but he's not. He's also a complete phony. The real Larry doesn't behave the way he does on the air. No way. No 46 year old behaves like him. He keeps his job because it's clear he's a kiss ass to Mitch.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:01 am 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Darkside wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Like hell he does.

This guy gets it. Spot on analysis of Larry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:46 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Don't criticize Holmes. Something, something Dan McNeil.

I posted and there's board herpes to patriot and making idiotic claims.

I've never liked Larry dickhead.

Triggered again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:28 am 

Mac gets more leeway with the board because he was part of the 2 best shows to ever come out of the Chicago sports radio landscape. HFC and MJ&H. Either one can be put at the top of the rankings of all-time Chicago sports radio shows. He earned it.

Larry has been part of several failed shows and has basically been able to hang on because he is willing to take whatever pittance they offer. He's not terrible like some others, but he really doesn't have much to offer either. Honestly I'd almost rather have him around that not just because his obvious closet tendencies are fun to mock.

Larry is the most closeted Score host Murph in leather pants.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Mac gets more leeway with the board because he was part of the 2 best shows to ever come out of the Chicago sports radio landscape. HFC and MJ&H. Either one can be put at the top of the rankings of all-time Chicago sports radio shows. He earned it.

Larry has been part of several failed shows and has basically been able to hang on because he is willing to take whatever pittance they offer. He's not terrible like some others, but he really doesn't have much to offer either. Honestly I'd almost rather have him around that not just because his obvious closet tendencies are fun to mock.

Mac also gets a lot of rope for
- Acknowledging this board exists
- posting as himself on this board
- Acting like a human being to listeners

Mac is a flawed human being like the rest of us. Totally agree he lost his fastball for being an entertaining radio host many years ago. The difference is Mac at least had a fastball to lose.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Regular Reader wrote:

I posted and there's board herpes to patriot and making idiotic claims.

I've never liked Larry dickhead.

wasnt Larry Dickhead one of Boers characters?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:30 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Mac also gets a lot of rope for
- Acknowledging this board exists
- posting as himself on this board
- Acting like a human being to listeners

Mac is a flawed human being like the rest of us. Totally agree he lost his fastball for being an entertaining radio host many years ago. The difference is Mac at least had a fastball to lose.

Well said.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Larry mentioned he has Crohn's disease and part of his colon is gone. It's great his health problems are under control, and hopefully all behind him..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:

There is someone here who is ridiculously angry alright. Using a thread about a current host to go absolutely off the rails to attack Dan McNeil's addiction issues. It's a trend for you though as the most miserable person here.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:06 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Larry mentioned he has Crohn's disease and part of his colon is gone. It's great his health problems are under control, and hopefully all behind him..

Can we starting betting pool on how long it takes for him to do a Les Grobstein in the studio?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:12 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

There is someone here who is ridiculously angry alright. Using a thread about a current host to go absolutely off the rails to attack Dan McNeil's addiction issues. It's a trend for you though as the most miserable person here.

The deluded liar triggered by any post any black person madei seems to be taking addiction issues personally. Must be drunk by lunch.

As usual.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

:lol: Pretty much . As if Mac hasn’t been rightfully criticized here for years now. Just like Larry.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Darkside wrote:
Is... this satire?

Nah feigned ignorance again. Or not I guess.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:26 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

The deluded liar triggered by any post any black person madei seems to be taking addiction issues personally. Must be drunk by lunch.

As usual.

Must be the free booze you don't get anymore from JORR that triggered you

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:27 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

:lol: Pretty much . As if Mac hasn’t been rightfully criticized here for years now. Just like Larry.

He hasn't. The drumbeat for his return to the airwaves gets louder with each exit.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:28 pm 

whitesoxfanfrank wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

As usual.

Must be the free booze you don't get anymore from JORR that triggered you

More for you perhaps?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 31  Next