It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Matt Eber-Lose
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
RFDC wrote:
You need a Tommie Harris, Lance Briggs, and Mike Brown

and Uralcher....Tillman...the list goes on.

Harris and Brown were awesome, but you need those guys WITH more durability.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I think Eddie Jackson is going to be rejuvinated.

Eberflus says the three most important positions on his defense:

3 tech
weakside LB
slot

The bears only have one of those positions covered

Question for ya...I'm confused on what regular technique and a three technique lineman is, I'd like you to explain it to me if ya could...

Even numbers line up nose to nose with assigned lineman, odd numbers line up with the assigned lineman’s outside shoulder. 3 technique Vs say a 4 technique

The odd number technique is designed to attack gaps

Quickest and easiest explanation without getting into too much detail

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Never figured TM would be such a big Chris Zorich guy. Big fan of defensive tackles downfield.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:22 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
You need a Tommie Harris, Lance Briggs, and Mike Brown
Present day?

probably better than what some teams have :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:29 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

3 tech
weakside LB
slot

Question for ya...I'm confused on what regular technique and a three technique lineman is, I'd like you to explain it to me if ya could...

A 3-technique is expected to see 1 on 1 blocking during pass coverage. So you want it to be your best interior D-linemen. There are also expected to blow up run plays to their side as they do not have contain. The one technique will typically see more double teams unless you have a blitz on based on his alignment during the passing game.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

3 tech
weakside LB
slot

It’s a, uh, newer type of situation but I’m going to try to tell you…what…there’s different ways of describing what a 3 technique is.

Alright; I’m gonna tell you. 3 technique - A gaps - well basically coaches have spent some 80+ years trying to do different things. And what they do with the 3 technique, it’s to try to uh…offense tries to move the ball 10 yards and 11 guys try to stop them by…so how do we get to cover 1, cover 2…3, 4…man-to-man, zone, blitzes stuff like that.

Basically, a lineman is set up for different positions along the line and their roles & responsibilities trying to do certain things. And, what most people know about the 3 technique defensive tackle, you know a few more of them and the more you’re in the NFL. And basically the way it is set up…uhhh…they can’t agree and different coaches have different things.

There’s a thing called a zero technique and Vince Wilfork is involved with that. They have a guy named Pat Williams up in Minnesota; he plays the 1 technique. The 3 technique it’s a 4-3 pass rushing tackle like Tommy Kelly.

Does that answer it a little bit for you?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
KDdidit wrote:
Never figured TM would be such a big Chris Zorich guy. Big fan of defensive tackles downfield.

Huh? I was describing how the Tampa 2 guys evaluate defensive effort.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:21 pm 

Press Conference Monday 11am

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
RFDC wrote:
Press Conference Monday 11am

Should have the coordinators in place by then.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:07 pm 

heard lots of talk about OC and Special teams. Has there been any serious rumors about DC?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
heard lots of talk about OC and Special teams. Has there been any serious rumors about DC?

I don't think there really has to be any urgency for DC.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:27 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

:lol: Yeah well if they are going to run a version of his defense then they could to a heck of a lot worse than getting him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Interesting to hear that the new GM and HC are both "organized" and "detail oriented", only recently did stuff about Nagy running sloppy practices where there was very little attention to detail. Still wondering how George and Ted did not see this or if they simple surrounded themselves by yes men so they never even noticed how poorly the team was coached, it was readily apparent to anyone watching the team flounder offensively.

He ran a 4-3 in Indy, wonder if they have Mack and Quinn at DE, will be interesting to see what he does, especially with the Dline. They have a bunch of 3-4 OLB types, but will need to find a DE or two along with at least one DT, maybe the new guy can get Eddie Goldman to try?

If your gonna run the Cover-2 you do have a LB that can cover in Roquan, but there are no Tommie Harris or Mike Brown types on the team currently.

One would think the new GM will throw paper and draft picks at the offense and hope the new HC is good enough to maintain defensively while the team improves immensely offensively by upgrading the talent level and more importantly, by having competent coaches that are able to teach and implement a game plan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Tall Midget wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Huh? I was describing how the Tampa 2 guys evaluate defensive effort.

It was a joke because you talked so much about lineman making tackles downfield which “move Zorich to linebacker” was the king of.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Clawmaster wrote:
Interesting to hear that the new GM and HC are both "organized" and "detail oriented", only recently did stuff about Nagy running sloppy practices where there was very little attention to detail. Still wondering how George and Ted did not see this or if they simple surrounded themselves by yes men so they never even noticed how poorly the team was coached, it was readily apparent to anyone watching the team flounder offensively.

He ran a 4-3 in Indy, wonder if they have Mack and Quinn at DE, will be interesting to see what he does, especially with the Dline. They have a bunch of 3-4 OLB types, but will need to find a DE or two along with at least one DT, maybe the new guy can get Eddie Goldman to try?

If your gonna run the Cover-2 you do have a LB that can cover in Roquan, but there are no Tommie Harris or Mike Brown types on the team currently.

One would think the new GM will throw paper and draft picks at the offense and hope the new HC is good enough to maintain defensively while the team improves immensely offensively by upgrading the talent level and more importantly, by having competent coaches that are able to teach and implement a game plan.

DE- Quinn, Mack
DT- Goldman?, Nichols?
Will- Roquan
Mike- ?
Sam- ?
CB- Johnson, ?
FS- Jackson
SS- ?

Lot of holes to fill; perhaps he adjusts the scheme to fit the current players until the correct players are in place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

FrankDrebin wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

DE- Quinn, Mack
DT- Goldman?, Nichols?
Will- Roquan
Mike- ?
Sam- ?
CB- Johnson, ?
FS- Jackson
SS- ?

Lot of holes to fill; perhaps he adjusts the scheme to fit the current players until the correct players are in place.

They've got significant holes to fill regardless of their defensive scheme. Even if they stick with a 3-4, they need a DT, a middle linebacker, a corner and a strong safety.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:19 am 
100000 CLUB

Didn't realize Eberflus was hired by Josh McDaniels in Indianapolis before he quit after 48 hours.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
Didn't realize Eberflus was hired by Josh McDaniels in Indianapolis before he quit after 48 hours.

I’ve been tempted to troll Bear fans over the hire but I dont think its as bad as many of you do.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:34 am 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

I’ve been tempted to troll Bear fans over the hire but I dont think its as bad as many of you do.

I'm fine with it. He more experience than the other Matt and he knows how to call plays.

Is he technically from the McDaniels tree or does Reich get the credit?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm fine with it. He more experience than the other Matt and he knows how to call plays.

From what Ive read he doesnt belong to a tree really which I think is good

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

What’s the skinny on your ‘passing coordinator’? Rumor is the Bears offered him the OC position.. apparently he’s Aaron’s QB coach too.. which is amusing to assume he ever did anything aside from say ‘nice throw Aaron’ lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:28 am 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

What’s the skinny on your ‘passing coordinator’? Rumor is the Bears offered him the OC position.. apparently he’s Aaron’s QB coach too.. which is amusing to assume he ever did anything aside from say ‘nice throw Aaron’ lol

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2022/ ... ay-calling

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:36 am 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

It seems pretty clear he's most heavily influenced by Marinelli and the Tampa 2.

Some have lauded his lack of schematic rigidity using last season as an example, but Eberflus evidently only became flexible when Ballard and Reich demanded he change his scheme because the 71% completion rate :shock: :shock: his defense was allowing struck them as just a tad bit too high. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Tampa Terrible/Cover Who? defense does not work anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:
The Tampa Terrible/Cover Who? defense does not work anymore.

They played jags 2x, houston 2x and jets. The D was below average.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:14 am 
1000 CLUB

Sounds like Getsy to the Bears is in process. LaFleur is interviewing guys from other teams to be his OC. He might want to think about relinquishing his playcalling duties since he's not particularly good in the playoffs and the Pack's special teams and defense need more attention.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:21 am 

Yeah it's a sinking ship in Green Bay, nobody wants to be part of the Jordan Love experience. sad!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:22 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Sounds like Getsy to the Bears is in process. LaFleur is interviewing guys from other teams to be his OC. He might want to think about relinquishing his playcalling duties since he's not particularly good in the playoffs and the Pack's special teams and defense need more attention.

Sounds like Rodgers and Adams love him. Like he may be the brains of the operation. I imagine GB is trying to offer him things to retain him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:25 am 

If Getsy is the goods then the Bears can simply do what Jerry Jones is on the verge of doing, launch Everlose and promote Getsy to head coach

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next