It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Covid and his season is over

I don't feel like I know much more about his future than I did when he was drafted. Same with Jenkins.

So I guess that is like having an extra 1 and 2 in this year's draft.

I've rarely been more disappointed in player. You all got my hopes up and now I'm going into an offseason with far more questions about him than I thought I would.

We all knew he would only have to suffer Nagy for a year, just glad he didnt tear his achilles or acl.

Poor Justin Fields.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
You cant really evaluate a rookie under this bald dummy, the bad thing is Pace will probably get to hire the next dipshit too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:14 am 

New GM and HC means that there will be a fresh evaluation of Fields. The next guy won't be married to him and would be willing to cut bait in a year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
New GM and HC means that there will be a fresh evaluation of Fields. The next guy won't be married to him and would be willing to cut bait in a year.

This was my fear last offseason. This is the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky situation all over again.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:21 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

This was my fear last offseason. This is the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky situation all over again.

If you put Fields out there today, even after a bad season, he is better than any QB in the draft.

I think there will be more veteran QB movement this year as people avoid having to start these guys in year 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:23 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If you put Fields out there today, even after a bad season, he is better than any QB in the draft.

I think there will be more veteran QB movement this year as people avoid having to start these guys in year 1

That may be true, but we may hire another coach who hates our 1st round quarterback.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I hope someone asks George flat out if he was the one to demand Fields be named the starter, after Nagy and Pace had gone to great lengths to say Dalton was QB1.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:25 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That may be true, but we may hire another coach who hates our 1st round quarterback.

If true, I still think they could recoup a first rounder and maybe more before the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
good dolphin wrote:

If true, I still think they could recoup a first rounder and maybe more before the draft.

That's my feeling as well. The new staff comes in, they do their own evaluation on Fields (in addition to what we've all seen, good and bad), and maybe they are able to get real value from some team that sees potential. I'm okay with said staff coming to their own decision that Fields is worth keeping, but I don't want to hear that George/Ted insisted on it as a condition of their hiring.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:38 am 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That's my feeling as well. The new staff comes in, they do their own evaluation on Fields (in addition to what we've all seen, good and bad), and maybe they are able to get real value from some team that sees potential. I'm okay with said staff coming to their own decision that Fields is worth keeping, but I don't want to hear that George/Ted insisted on it as a condition of their hiring.

Or force a new GM to hire a coach

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

He still doesn't get it. STFU until you have some success in the NFL.

“I think last year was kind of weird, just me not starting the season being the starting quarterback,” Fields said. “It was kind of a weird leadership role. I think me and Andy would kind of switch off.

“But now that I am starting off the season as a starting quarterback, I think I’ll be more comfortable playing that leader role. There’s no more, ‘Oh, he’s a rookie, this and that.’ It’s time now, so I’m excited … and I can’t wait to get to work.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hopefully he has success.

Because we're fucked if he sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Nas wrote:

“I think last year was kind of weird, just me not starting the season being the starting quarterback,” Fields said. “It was kind of a weird leadership role. I think me and Andy would kind of switch off.

“But now that I am starting off the season as a starting quarterback, I think I’ll be more comfortable playing that leader role. There’s no more, ‘Oh, he’s a rookie, this and that.’ It’s time now, so I’m excited … and I can’t wait to get to work.”

There’s nothing wrong with what he said.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

He's suggesting that somehow he couldn't be a leader because he didn't start at the beginning of the season. That's complete bullshit. Leadership is earned by your play on the field. In games and in practice. He sucked last year. Not being a leader had nothing to do with being a rookie or becoming a starter after 2 games.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

He's suggesting that somehow he couldn't be a leader because he didn't start at the beginning of the season. That's complete bullshit. Leadership is earned by your play on the field. In games and in practice. He sucked last year. Not being a leader had nothing to do with being a rookie or becoming a starter after 2 games.

Will he be held to the same standard as Mitch?

At least with the local media, the bar is set pretty low for him. Consider that in Mitch's worst year as a Bear, he threw for more yards than Fields did in 2021. Mitch also never had a year with the Bears where he threw more picks than TD's. Not the case for Fields last season. And yet, the loudest voices in the local sports media jumped ship on Mitch and were loud about their criticism. Those same voices never utter a critical word about Justin. This season, I predict the criticism will be on Eberflus and Getsy....I can already hear Parkins high pitched voice screaming "Why aren't they making Fields better?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky didn't have to whine and complain about his teammates not allowing him to be a leader. He worked on building those relationships. His teammates loved and respected him even when he didn't play well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:02 pm 

Augie wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

At least with the local media, the bar is set pretty low for him. Consider that in Mitch's worst year as a Bear, he threw for more yards than Fields did in 2021. Mitch also never had a year with the Bears where he threw more picks than TD's. Not the case for Fields last season. And yet, the loudest voices in the local sports media jumped ship on Mitch and were loud about their criticism. Those same voices never utter a critical word about Justin. This season, I predict the criticism will be on Eberflus and Getsy....I can already hear Parkins high pitched voice screaming "Why aren't they making Fields better?"

Mitch was given plenty of rope during his first season…and then it became apparent he sucked. If Fields doesn’t improve then the wolf pack will begin to turn. Parkins, as an example, was a huge (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky guy and then a big Nagy supporter. He eventually caved on both. This isn’t about race - as much as some want it to be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
That should be a very concerning statement. Leadership is using your skillset, attributes and interactions to positively influence others. Whether or not you are named the starting does not determine your ability to lead. That is a self absorbed mindset. Has anyone actually named him the starting QB or is he just entitled to it in his mind? Even if I was assuming that he would be the starting QB I would sure as hell make him prove it during the off season workouts and pre season.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:03 pm 

Nas wrote:
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky didn't have to whine and complain about his teammates not allowing him to be a leader. He worked on building those relationships. His teammates loved and respected him even when he didn't play well.

They liked him but nobody believed in him. You can’t fool the guys on the field.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

They liked him but nobody believed in him. You can’t fool the guys on the field.

I think they believed in him. You kinda saw how the team got a spark when he became the starter again. I think they understood that he wouldn't be close to the player Mahomes was. They were also starting to understand Nagy was incompetent.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Seems kind of hard to be a leader on a team of grown men when you’re a backup rookie.

I’ll give him some leeway here. If he sucks, the bears will top out as average for the next 5-6 years.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Augie wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

For quite a few, I'm confident they are suppressing Fields criticism because he's the first black Bears quarterback in about 50 years. For most, I think Fields is getting a temporary pass because he wasn't the first quarterback taken and his draft class hasn't been good at the QB position. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was the first quarterback taken and he had a HoF and a pro bowl quarterback go after him. That's the primary reason he took a beating.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
One of these Quarterbacks is in the Hall of Fame, eh:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:14 pm 

Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

For quite a few, I'm confident they are suppressing Fields criticism because he's the first black Bears quarterback in about 50 years. For most, I think Fields is getting a temporary pass because he wasn't the first quarterback taken and his draft class hasn't been good at the QB position. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was the first quarterback taken and he had a HoF and a pro bowl quarterback go after him. That's the primary reason he took a beating.

quite a few? thats racist as fuck. i dont remember even a single mention of him being black. other than jokes that i make that he might actually be good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

quite a few? thats racist as fuck. i dont remember even a single mention of him being black. other than jokes that i make that he might actually be good.
That isn't racist, but it can be offensive. We're in an era where some people are afraid to be critical of young black athletes. There is nothing wrong with saying that Fields has sucked and providing some historical context about young quarterbacks or Nagy coached quarterbacks. Others don't want to acknowledge they may have been wrong about him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:39 pm 

If he sucks you use another first in 2023 on a QB.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:

I would probably hedge and draft one in the 4th or 5th round this year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Sadly the Bears don’t have that luxury considering the limited number of picks they have.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Sadly the Bears don’t have that luxury considering the limited number of picks they have.

Now that Tanesha and Soup have steered the Bears' searches to their brilliant conclusions, maybe someone will steal one of them away from George so we can get a couple third rounders in return as compensation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 146  Next