It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
BigW72 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Just podcasted some of Mully and Hanley from today and they put together some solid Bears content. They are far and away the best show on the station, but still will go with Kap and J. Hood in the AM.

Mully and Hanley? I didn't know they had archived shows for podcast for 2008-2018 :lol:

If you mean Mully and Haugh....I get that they will have a lot of discussion and a lot of guests, but David Haugh has historically had Bears takes that Rival Caller Bob and Rube.

Their show for morning drive is fine....it's guest heavy. Not a lot of excitement and good for morning commuters. I find it a cure for insomnia, only to be woken up horribly by Mully's in ability to articulate an interview question.

If he'd treat the show like a press conference and ask questions the way he did on Monday at Halas Hall, it'd be much better.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Harvard Dan wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Just podcasted some of Mully and Hanley from today and they put together some solid Bears content. They are far and away the best show on the station, but still will go with Kap and J. Hood in the AM.

Mully and Hanley? I didn't know they had archived shows for podcast for 2008-2018 :lol:

If you mean Mully and Haugh....I get that they will have a lot of discussion and a lot of guests, but David Haugh has historically had Bears takes that Rival Caller Bob and Rube.

Their show for morning drive is fine....it's guest heavy. Not a lot of excitement and good for morning commuters. I find it a cure for insomnia, only to be woken up horribly by Mully's in ability to articulate an interview question.

If he'd treat the show like a press conference and ask questions the way he did on Monday at Halas Hall, it'd be much better.

58 years old going on... 83
He's always come across as a much older man than his actual age.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Herron should have his own show. Or just let him carry LoHo’s show.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

He's fine talking football, but he's hit or miss with everything else. Like Mannelly, Herron would struggle with a daily show.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City

Yeah he's good but I don't think he wants to be a full time radio guy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

It's like he's a bizarro world version of JGG. Herron actually does the work to sound knowledgeable, is likable, and isn't lobbying for a job in sports media.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:54 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:

I can listen to Mully and Hanley when Mully isn't making stupid jokes and laughing at them like he is Chris Rock. Hanley has some stupid opinions and you can tell he is just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Kap also has stupid opinions, but he is genuine and I can relate to him as a fan. He is very personable. Hood is another big guy who thinks he is funny and makes stupid jokes. Seems to have a little Goff in him that is itching to come out, but values his job ATM so he keeps it mostly to himself. More professional then Goff and understand the game. The guy I can't stand on that show is Danny who they let talk way too much. Comes off as a know it all millennial. The evolution of a Bernstein into the next generation of show hosts. Like if Bernstein and Kayne West had a kid, it would be Danny.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Harvard Dan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

It's like he's a bizarro world version of JGG. Herron actually does the work to sound knowledgeable, is likable, and isn't lobbying for a job in sports media.

Doesnt he do a bunch of college football? Pac12 maybe?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The Score today was weird particularly Laurence’s show. They were trying so hard to make this lawsuit and Dolphins tanking so huge. It’s not. Bernsie’s guest admitted as much in how the process even works.

The other oddity today was Bernsie claiming the former Redskin colors have to go not just the name. They are uncomfortable and the right side of history will see this eventually.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:14 pm 

Herron is much better than mannelly, if only by virtue of not being monotone.

Seems like the guy could carry a show (if he wanted to) without having to be an expert on other sports.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:19 pm 

pittmike wrote:
The Score today was weird particularly Laurence’s show. They were trying so hard to make this lawsuit and Dolphins tanking so huge. It’s not. Bernsie’s guest admitted as much in how the process even works.

The other oddity today was Bernsie claiming the former Redskin colors have to go not just the name. They are uncomfortable and the right side of history will see this eventually.

I’ve been in & out on day 2 of this experiment but I’d agree based the stuff I’ve heard.

The bits of Bernstein I heard were a little lighter on the suit than I expected. Florio seemed to frame it well and Bernstein - at least in the parts I heard - seemed to recognize there wasn’t room to push a whole lot aside from historical racism. LoHo on the other hand…he’s all in on this thing. Maybe this’ll be his personal Penn St moment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:39 pm 

Parkins seems to do the Bernstein thing where he outlines what a guy said, why he said it wrong and how he should have said it so as to better appeal to Danny Parkins.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
My listening to the Score has been at its lowest levels in years recently. The biggest reason is the how long it takes them to upload the Parkins and Spiegs podcasts. Too often I want to hear the previous day's shows on my drive to work and it isn't there yet. Back in Boers and Bernstein days, they'd have the first couple hours of the show available before the show was even over. Often, I'd watch sports on mute in the evening listening to the day's B&B show. I don't know who's responsible for that but it definitely has made me listen less. Plus, the Bears have been boring as hell this season and I don't care about them much anyways. Too many good podcasts on the Athletic and from other sources to listen to bad Bears talk. Probably start listening more to the Score when my fishing season starts up again and I am listening to hours of podcasts every week.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:00 am 

Day 3…Mully asks some guy from Miami if Flores will get a job this cycle, which seems a dumb question even by Mully’s standards.

Haugh wants Flores to run a college program for…some reason. The intensity of his belief that a school should hire Flores was matched only by his silence on why a school should hire Flores.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Day 3…Mully asks some guy from Miami if Flores will get a job this cycle, which seems a dumb question even by Mully’s standards.

Haugh wants Flores to run a college program for…some reason. The intensity of his belief that a school should hire Flores was matched only by his silence on why a school should hire Flores.

I haven't seen Flores share any secrets or dirt from his time in New England yet. Maybe that's still to come.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Haugh wants Flores to run a college program for…some reason.

Earlier in the thread I mentioned Haugh has idiotic sports takes comparable to Caller Bob and Rube...this would be one of those examples.
JFC

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Juiced wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I can listen to Mully and Hanley when Mully isn't making stupid jokes and laughing at them like he is Chris Rock. Hanley has some stupid opinions and you can tell he is just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Kap also has stupid opinions, but he is genuine and I can relate to him as a fan. He is very personable. Hood is another big guy who thinks he is funny and makes stupid jokes. Seems to have a little Goff in him that is itching to come out, but values his job ATM so he keeps it mostly to himself. More professional then Goff and understand the game. The guy I can't stand on that show is Danny who they let talk way too much. Comes off as a know it all millennial. The evolution of a Bernstein into the next generation of show hosts. Like if Bernstein and Kayne West had a kid, it would be Danny.

I used to really like Hood, he was great solo and with JD.. he is terriblecwith Kaplan.. way too many terrible jokes and impressions. He has turned into Teinowitz.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:00 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Haugh wants Flores to run a college program for…some reason.

Earlier in the thread I mentioned Haugh has idiotic sports takes comparable to Caller Bob and Rube...this would be one of those examples.
JFC

I can’t imagine Haugh knows anything about Brian Flores yet he’s convinced the guy should mentor college kids because he’s willing to sue everybody in professional football.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:04 am 

Bernstein demanding things of Rocky Wirtz now…he’s got da fire and da pashun about something, I’m not sure what.

The great thing about twitch is I’m pretty sure Mully fell asleep for a few minutes during a Bernstein rant.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernstein demanding things of Rocky Wirtz now…he’s got da fire and da pashun about something, I’m not sure what.

The great thing about twitch is I’m pretty sure Mully fell asleep for a few minutes during a Bernstein rant.

Wtf the Hawks do now in his opinion?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:31 am 

pittmike wrote:

sounds like wirtz snapped on somebody for asking a question about the sexual assault stuff during a town hall.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:43 am 

Bernsie comped Wirtz’ response to penn state, so noting that, you could probably write his show for the next three months.

He was all in on burying them, going hard on “the lack of empathy and humanity required to watch the blackhawks” and then made a quick transition to tease an upcoming segment on old comedy bits from B&B.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
312player wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I used to really like Hood, he was great solo and with JD.. he is terriblecwith Kaplan.. way too many terrible jokes and impressions. He has turned into Teinowitz.

That is a pretty good comp. Hood has become the Black Teiny. And like the White Teiny, Hood isn't tiny at all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
pittmike wrote:

He probably wants them to remove "old white man" as owner, change the name and logo. Typical SJW approach to anything that offends their sensibilities.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:09 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
pittmike wrote:

He probably wants them to remove "old white man" as owner, change the name and logo. Typical SJW approach to anything that offends their sensibilities.

He wants rocky removed from any official role but not forced to sell the team.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Bernsie comped Wirtz’ response to penn state, so noting that, you could probably write his show for the next three months.

He was all in on burying them, going hard on “the lack of empathy and humanity required to watch the blackhawks” and then made a quick transition to tease an upcoming segment on old comedy bits from B&B.

I bet ol' Danny won't play the clips of him and Boers calling their producers Count Fagula and using Homer's "gay" sound drops when making fun of someone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
BigW72 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

There is an old thread in here where someone who no longer posts here tried to transcribe Mully's questions and holy shit is it bad

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=89191

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

There is an old thread in here where someone who no longer posts here tried to transcribe Mully's questions and holy shit is it bad

http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=89191

That was one of the best threads of all time

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
312player wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=89191

I can't believe the following was an actual question asked on air

Quote:
And, uh, Dave, you know, eh-ah, it was occurring to me as I'm, as I'm watching the goings-on in the NLF and-uh, and really not a lot of happy news from a league-wide standpoint, but-uh, but I'm sitting there and I'm watching Ron Rivera get up and talk about-uh the Greg Hardy thing, and I'm thinking, "boy, I remember when-uh, he first started coaching, it was under Dave here in Chicago he started doing like volunteer coaching before he was on your staff, and then moved to Philly and-eh obviously a head coach in the league," and then, Rick Spielman's up there yesterday talking about the Adrian Peterson thing, and I'm thinking "Wow!" you know, remember Rick one of your guys, and-and you had him in Miami as well, and now, he's up in Minnesota, and I'm thinking to myself "one of the things we gotta ask Dave is: 'what's it like being the guy that is the face of the organization that is the frontman that is the guy that is, is left to stand out there,'" and I felt, that, I-I felt, you know, Chico did a good job of saying "it was my decision and I'm doing what's right for the team, about deactivating Greg Hardy," and apparently that's going to be a week-by-week situation, and-uh, Rick Spielman -boy- that was a very, uh, tough news conference to go through [Hanley interjects "contentious"] contentious, the questions were almost like accusations, and Rick is, is at there at the behest of his ownership, answering questions patiently, and, we know that Rick's a real good man, both guys, uh, great guys, I'm just curious, Dave, you've been in that situation where you're the guy that has to take all the heat regarding some situation, what's that like for a person? Doh-do you want the other, do you want, you know, when you see a John Harbow being, uh, sent out there, where's everybody else behind them? They were there earlier, why aren't they there now?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
312player wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=89191

I can't believe the following was an actual question asked on air

Quote:
And, uh, Dave, you know, eh-ah, it was occurring to me as I'm, as I'm watching the goings-on in the NLF and-uh, and really not a lot of happy news from a league-wide standpoint, but-uh, but I'm sitting there and I'm watching Ron Rivera get up and talk about-uh the Greg Hardy thing, and I'm thinking, "boy, I remember when-uh, he first started coaching, it was under Dave here in Chicago he started doing like volunteer coaching before he was on your staff, and then moved to Philly and-eh obviously a head coach in the league," and then, Rick Spielman's up there yesterday talking about the Adrian Peterson thing, and I'm thinking "Wow!" you know, remember Rick one of your guys, and-and you had him in Miami as well, and now, he's up in Minnesota, and I'm thinking to myself "one of the things we gotta ask Dave is: 'what's it like being the guy that is the face of the organization that is the frontman that is the guy that is, is left to stand out there,'" and I felt, that, I-I felt, you know, Chico did a good job of saying "it was my decision and I'm doing what's right for the team, about deactivating Greg Hardy," and apparently that's going to be a week-by-week situation, and-uh, Rick Spielman -boy- that was a very, uh, tough news conference to go through [Hanley interjects "contentious"] contentious, the questions were almost like accusations, and Rick is, is at there at the behest of his ownership, answering questions patiently, and, we know that Rick's a real good man, both guys, uh, great guys, I'm just curious, Dave, you've been in that situation where you're the guy that has to take all the heat regarding some situation, what's that like for a person? Doh-do you want the other, do you want, you know, when you see a John Harbow being, uh, sent out there, where's everybody else behind them? They were there earlier, why aren't they there now?

That's Connor McKnight bad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next