It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:04 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
I found out today that I have an impacted wisdom tooth and our insurance plan doesn't cover that under medical. I'm more than ready to get this thing removed though. My wife has some acetaminophen with codeine and they barely take the edge off.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:13 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
August Schell wrote:
I found out today that I have an impacted wisdom tooth and our insurance plan doesn't cover that under medical. I'm more than ready to get this thing removed though. My wife has some acetaminophen with codeine and they barely take the edge off.

Wait until it gets really bad and then go to the Emergency Room to have it extracted there. Your insurance will be forced to cover the extraction because it will be classified as a medical rather than a dental procedure. You'll want to verify this by carefully reading your policy, but I know people who have done this sort of thing in the past, and they didn't have any coverage issues despite their poor insurance policies.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:19 am 

Thanks. I'll look into my what my policy says.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Tall Midget wrote:
August Schell wrote:

Wait until it gets really bad and then go to the Emergency Room to have it extracted there. Your insurance will be forced to cover the extraction because it will be classified as a medical rather than a dental procedure. You'll want to verify this by carefully reading your policy, but I know people who have done this sort of thing in the past, and they didn't have any coverage issues despite their poor insurance policies.

It will also be classified as COVID treatment.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I don’t want them teaching the CRT in schools. And when you take a look at these statistics from the FBI it clearly demonstrates that…

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:
August Schell wrote:

I am not exactly sure how they broke it down but my daughter had to have 4 removed. I think three of four were considered impacted. The oral surgeon office did the leg work between dental and medical insurance and the entire thing was $58 co pay.

I would hope there is some better solution for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Tall Midget wrote:
August Schell wrote:

Or get into a car accident that causes facial damage, and then you can look to your auto policy to cover it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:21 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
August Schell wrote:

I am not exactly sure how they broke it down but my daughter had to have 4 removed. I think three of four were considered impacted. The oral surgeon office did the leg work between dental and medical insurance and the entire thing was $58 co pay.

That's a good point, Mike. If you get a referral to an oral surgeon, will the extraction then be covered by your health insurance, August? I had some impacted wisdom teeth removed 7 or 8 years ago, but I can't recall how it was handled by my insurance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:29 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
August Schell wrote:

That's a good point, Mike. If you get a referral to an oral surgeon, will the extraction then be covered by your health insurance, August? I had some impacted wisdom teeth removed 7 or 8 years ago, but I can't recall how it was handled by my insurance.

Thanks all. My wife works for Optum, a subsidiary of United Health and she's pretty pissed that it's not covered as medical. She called yesterday and that's what she was told. It's possible that we could appeal it, but unlikely. But, I'll ask the oral surgeon's office if there is anything that they can do to help when I see them tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
atms that give you 6 seconds to collect your money - try not to get distracted at the moment your money gets spit out. otherwise, the machine takes it back and there's no teller to kindly give you your money.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
August Schell wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
August Schell wrote:

Thanks all. My wife works for Optum, a subsidiary of United Health and she's pretty pissed that it's not covered as medical. She called yesterday and that's what she was told. It's possible that we could appeal it, but unlikely. But, I'll ask the oral surgeon's office if there is anything that they can do to help when I see them tomorrow.

had both bottom wisdom teeth impacted, electric saw used to cut the gum to remove them. since they were cut, stitches were used and my company would not allow me to work until stitches were removed. have dental insurance, had to pay some out of pocket - but had to use a few weeks of sick pay to get paid for time off.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I had mine done years ago when I worked for a grocery store. Basic insurance they had covered it on Medical (Oral surgeon took care all that) I think two were fully impacted, and two erupted but all counted on the procedure. Good thing because I'm not sure the pocket book could of handled that expense back then.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
August Schell wrote:

It will also be classified as COVID treatment.

And maybe a COVID death

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:24 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I had mine done years ago when I worked for a grocery store. Basic insurance they had covered it on Medical (Oral surgeon took care all that) I think two were fully impacted, and two erupted but all counted on the procedure. Good thing because I'm not sure the pocket book could of handled that expense back then.

The doctor had to saw 2 of the 4 out of mine. I actually briefly came out of the anesthesia while she was cutting, she told me to go back to sleep. I did and a half hour later I walked out so pain free and steady I could've driven myself home.

Fortunately I was still in school and covered by my mother's insurance. Public school policies covered everything. I don't think we got a copay other than the little bit I paid going in. But things have changed horribly for insurance over the last thirty years.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:58 am 

my next door neighbor's kid (from a previous marriage) is facing a murder rap. He was always quiet and respectful, helping his mother around the house with her second family, even though he only lived there occasionally. I really hope it wasn't him. I don't even know how to address it with my neighbors to see if they need anything.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Broke my wrist a couple weeks ago. Shoveling deep snow with one arm is a pain in the ass. My shoulder is throbbing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
At least once a week for the past month my car shuts itself off while I am sitting at a light idling. Taking it to the dealership tomorrow as it should still be under warranty. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Hoping I don't have to spend have my day working from their lobby.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:24 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
DAC wrote:
Broke my wrist a couple weeks ago. Shoveling deep snow with one arm is a pain in the ass. My shoulder is throbbing.

This may help.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools ... lsrc=aw.ds

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:
At least once a week for the past month my car shuts itself off while I am sitting at a light idling. Taking it to the dealership tomorrow as it should still be under warranty. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Hoping I don't have to spend have my day working from their lobby.

Not to be simplistic but you have to restart it or you are unaware you have the gas saving engine off/on feature active?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:59 am 

pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Not to be simplistic but you have to restart it or you are unaware you have the gas saving engine off/on feature active?

I am aware of the idle feature on the engine. The car shuts off and throws itself into neutral. I have to put the car in park and then restart the car manually. A bunch of people have told me to just turn off that feature but that isn't really fixing the root of the problem. I don't drive very much. I have a two mile commute to work and I generally don't leave town more than a few times a month. Just figured since it is under warranty I would try to have them look it over and get it fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:33 am 

T-Bone wrote:

GEORGE: I’d like to report a problem with one of your mechanics.

WILLIE: When did you bring the car in?

GEORGE: Yeah right.. I’m gonna get my car repaired at a dealership. Huh! Why don’t I just flush my money down the toilet?

WILLIE: Sir, what, exactly, is the problem?

GEORGE: One of your guys - Kip, or Ned, short name - stole my Twix candy bar!

WILLIE: Are you saying he grabbed the candy bar away from you?

GEORGE: He might as well have! I caught him, and his face was covered in chocolate and cookie crumbs.

WILLIE: I thought you said it was a Twix.

GEORGE: Oh, it was. But he claimed it was a 5th Avenue bar.

WILLIE: Maybe it was.

GEORGE: Oh, no, no. Twix is the only candy with the cookie crunch.

WILLIE: What about the $100,000 bar?

GEORGE: No. Rice and caramel.

WILLIE: Nougat?

GEORGE: No.

WILLIE: Positive?

GEORGE: Please.

WOMAN: You know they changed the name from $100,000 bar to 100 Grand?

GEORGE: All I want is my seventy-five cents back, an apology, and for him to be fired!

WILLIE SR: I remember when you used to be able to get a Hershey for a nickel.

MAN: What’s the one with the swirling chocolate in the commercial?

GEORGE: They all have swirling chocolate in the commercial!

WILLIE SR: Not Skittles.

WILLIE: Dad, I told you you could sit here only if you don’t talk.

WOMAN: You make your father sit here all day?

WILLIE: He likes it!

GEORGE: Alright! Do you mind? I have the window! Now, what are you gonna do about my Twix?

MAN: Twix has too much coconut.

GEORGE: No! There’s no coconut!

WOMAN: I’m allergic to coconut.

WILLIE: I’m not.

WILLIE SR: ..A nickel!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
good dolphin wrote:
my next door neighbor's kid (from a previous marriage) is facing a murder rap. He was always quiet and respectful, helping his mother around the house with her second family, even though he only lived there occasionally. I really hope it wasn't him. I don't even know how to address it with my neighbors to see if they need anything.

sounds like he needs a lawyer, or else a possibly july quality pd will be defending him

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:22 am 

Augie wrote:

All went well with the surgery. But, it's interesting that medical insurance companies won't cover necessary dental surgery or things like hearing aids, but they will cover laser hair removal for someone transitioning from male to female.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:51 am 

Augie wrote:
Augie wrote:

All went well with the surgery. But, it's interesting that medical insurance companies won't cover necessary dental surgery or things like hearing aids, but they will cover laser hair removal for someone transitioning from male to female.

Good luck with the rest of your transition... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:01 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Augie wrote:
Augie wrote:

Good luck with the rest of your transition... :wink:

Ha!!! Thanks, but my wife works in the insurance industry and commented on this to me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:43 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
This morning I was on my bike and stopped at the light heading south on Custer/Damen at Howard. I was in the right lane but a guy came up behind me and had his right turn signal on. I didn't want to get right next to the curb and have the guy make an illegal right turn around me, but I figured he might start going nuts wanting to make that right on red. So to be polite I slid over into the left lane so the guy could safely and legally make his right on red. There was a woman waiting to turn left onto Custer from Howard Street and she started yelling at me, "STOP ACTING LIKE A CAR!" :lol: She was too weak and afraid to make the turn even though she had more than enough room to my left. I calmly said to her, "If I stay to the right I'll have the guy behind me yelling at me." She said, "Fuck you" as she slowly turned past me. :lol: I said, "Yeah, you too."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: John's
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This morning I was on my bike and stopped at the light heading south on Custer/Damen at Howard. I was in the right lane but a guy came up behind me and had his right turn signal on. I didn't want to get right next to the curb and have the guy make an illegal right turn around me, but I figured he might start going nuts wanting to make that right on red. So to be polite I slid over into the left lane so the guy could safely and legally make his right on red. There was a woman waiting to turn left onto Custer from Howard Street and she started yelling at me, "STOP ACTING LIKE A CAR!" :lol: She was too weak and afraid to make the turn even though she had more than enough room to my left. I calmly said to her, "If I stay to the right I'll have the guy behind me yelling at me." She said, "Fuck you" as she slowly turned past me. :lol: I said, "Yeah, you too."

Good comeback.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Brought my boat in to get some preventative maintenance done a few weeks back. Yesterday, I started in on the driverway since my fishing season starts in a couple weeks. My boat will not go into gear. They forget to hook up something with the linkage. So I'll now have to take it back which is a good 45 minute drive away. Probably cost me $50 in gas and 3 hours of driving time. Think I'll ask them to change my oil for my troubles. At least I didn't discover it at the lake on my first day of fishing of the year. I probably would not have handled that too well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
DAC wrote:
Brought my boat in to get some preventative maintenance done a few weeks back. Yesterday, I started in on the driverway since my fishing season starts in a couple weeks. My boat will not go into gear. They forget to hook up something with the linkage. So I'll now have to take it back which is a good 45 minute drive away. Probably cost me $50 in gas and 3 hours of driving time. Think I'll ask them to change my oil for my troubles. At least I didn't discover it at the lake on my first day of fishing of the year. I probably would not have handled that too well.

Don't they have a mobile mechanic? MANY boats can't just be trailered in to the repair shop. Let them do all the running around.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 190  Next