It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: March Madness
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:52 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
W_Z wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Are you from Virginia?

It’s the one place I’m not from.

LOL.

I believe that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
been a super tournament. today, got providence and memphis state straight up, won on creighton (+2) straight up...then won a big teaser with sleepy arkansas and murray st. i realize i didn't predict creighton, but i did all the others. i did lose the only nba play tonight - a sad orlando. got lucky with murray state, they had a similar last minute collapse ala davidson, but, the racers pull it out in ot.

felt providence wasn't pushed at all. no real test. felt a bit let down by memphis state and their 2nd half performance. may not bode well for them against gonzaga. still, i had memphis st. from minute 1 of the draw and the experts were wrong. one way or another, gonzaga will be playing some very good athlete/basketball players. they better come prepared. memphis st had too many turnovers today, can't do that against gonzaga.

i believe tomorrow iowa st and usc are playing. i will definitely take lsu and will likely take miami (fl).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:40 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
RFDC wrote:
His arm was hit and the ball fell like 5 feet short.

How do you explain that without a foul?

:lol: Are you saying that buster never missed a shot without being fouled? He's not exactly Steph Curry.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:41 am 
Site Admin

Watch the video. The ball is in his hand in this picture. It is just being released as his arm is hit.

:lol: It's really quite something to state that "the ball is in his hand in this picture" when the ball is already so far gone that it doesn't even appear.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:46 am 
Site Admin

Here's my last post on this "foul" and I'm sure that for once in his life LTG will agree with me. If you were playing on a blacktop court and that play occurred and the shooter yelled, "GOT ONE!" everyone on the court would immediately think, "Oh, we're playing with one of those pussies."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:24 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Watch the video. The ball is in his hand in this picture. It is just being released as his arm is hit.

:lol: It's really quite something to state that "the ball is in his hand in this picture" when the ball is already so far gone that it doesn't even appear.

It's a glitch in the video.

When will they ever perfect video recording?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:19 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

:lol: Are you saying that buster never missed a shot without being fouled? He's not exactly Steph Curry.

Come on man. Of course guys miss shots, a lot of shots. But that shot fell WAYYYY short. You really think that happened without a foul happening? There is proof his arm was hit and the ball fell short.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:20 am 

RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Come on man. Of course guys miss shots, a lot of shots. But that shot fell WAYYYY short. You really think that happened without a foul happening? There is proof his arm was hit and the ball fell short.

If that isn't a foul then I would teach my players to defend three pointers that way every time. Teams would shoot 10% against me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:25 am 

whistler wrote:
as expected, Big 10 teams are 1-3 in the tourney (not counting Indiana's play-in win; theyre now gone)

let's see what the other 5 teams do tmrw
If you don't count Indiana's play-in win then you can't count Rutgers play-in loss either.

It wouldn't surprise me though if Michigan, Purdue, and Illinois are the only three teams left after today though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:27 am 

Eh - yes, it was a missed call among a number of bad calls, but Iowa should have probably lost by double digits the way they shot the ball. Richmond also dictated the pace of the game - not allowing Iowa to get in transition. They deserved to lose and the scary thing is - they had chances to take that game over.

Oh well, welcome to the world of being an Iowa fan and its vicious cycle.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:27 am 

Eh - yes, it was a missed call among a number of bad calls, but Iowa should have probably lost by double digits the way they shot the ball. Richmond also dictated the pace of the game - not allowing Iowa to get in transition. They deserved to lose and the scary thing is - they had chances to take that game over.

Oh well, welcome to the world of being an Iowa fan and its vicious cycle.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:42 am 

Brick wrote:
whistler wrote:
as expected, Big 10 teams are 1-3 in the tourney (not counting Indiana's play-in win; theyre now gone)

If you don't count Indiana's play-in win then you can't count Rutgers play-in loss either.

It wouldn't surprise me though if Michigan, Purdue, and Illinois are the only three teams left after today though.

I don’t like that play-in games are counted as tournament games. I heard that used yesterday that did count these games as “tournament wins”.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
W_Z wrote:
Brick wrote:
whistler wrote:

I don’t like that play-in games are counted as tournament games. I heard that used yesterday that did count these games as “tournament wins”.

Agreed...similarly, if the Bulls finish in the 7th-10th position and then lose the play-in game, I don't think they should be able to say the made the playoffs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:47 am 

W_Z wrote:
Brick wrote:
whistler wrote:

They do the best they can to avoid people thinking it isn't a real tournament game.

At least they stopped making things confusing by calling it the "First Round" and then the Round of 64 the "Second Round" and then the Round of 32 the "Third Round" even though 60 teams were playing their first game in the "Second Round".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The usual 12/5 upsets but also a couple other upsets. Pretty cool.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:58 am 

my son and his friends are using today as an 8th grade ditch day to have a Loyola watching party at my house. I live across the street from the school.

My parents would have laughed if I brought up the concept of a ditch day. I would as well. My wife is more liberal. She probably has the correct approach. Enjoy the last couple of months because it gets difficult, literally, the week after graduation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Brick wrote:
whistler wrote:

it feels like the big ten has been overrated at football and basketball for the last 20 years

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

even if ball is gone that's still a foul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:24 am 

Brick wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Brick wrote:
whistler wrote:

They do the best they can to avoid people thinking it isn't a real tournament game.

At least they stopped making things confusing by calling it the "First Round" and then the Round of 64 the "Second Round" and then the Round of 32 the "Third Round" even though 60 teams were playing their first game in the "Second Round".

Oh yeah that was ridiculous. It was so over the top and like you said, confusing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
good dolphin wrote:
my son and his friends are using today as an 8th grade ditch day to have a Loyola watching party at my house. I live across the street from the school.

My parents would have laughed if I brought up the concept of a ditch day. I would as well. My wife is more liberal. She probably has the correct approach. Enjoy the last couple of months because it gets difficult, literally, the week after graduation.

:lol: :lol: that sounds like a lot of fun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:30 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

If that isn't a foul then I would teach my players to defend three pointers that way every time. Teams would shoot 10% against me.

A lot of teams do defend that way. Whatever. It's not a "clear" foul. It's a call that sometimes gets made and sometimes doesn't. In this case it didn't. It's absurd to act as if not making a ticky-tack foul call where the shooter was barely touched was some robbery of Iowa.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

If you can teach your hypothetical players to maybe, kinda, lightly graze the shooting hand either concurrent with or shortly after release, go nuts.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:38 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
If you can teach your hypothetical players to maybe, kinda, lightly graze the shooting hand either concurrent with or shortly after release, go nuts.
You act like it's hard to hit the elbow of someone shooting a 3 pointer if you want to.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:47 am 

Brick wrote:
You act like it's hard to hit the elbow of someone shooting a 3 pointer if you want to.

I thought we were still talking about the Richmond play. My error.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:50 am 

Brick wrote:

We are. Have you watched the video? Go after the elbow just like he did.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:53 am 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

We are. Have you watched the video? Go after the elbow just like he did.

Do you know where your elbow is?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:56 am 

Brick wrote:

Yeah, I hated that. Did they stop? Good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:57 am 

good dolphin wrote:

I'll be in Chicago this afternoon. I'll stop by.

We did Senior Ditch Day to go to the Farm Progress Show. Because we were super cool.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:58 am 

Do you know where your elbow is?
I do, and if that isn't a foul, I tell my players to defend 3 point shooters by doing the same thing and going after the elbow.

If you want to argue that he actually hit him 2 inches above the elbow this time and that somehow changes things go ahead.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:06 am 

Here you go, JORR. That is the ball in his hand.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next