It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: Elon musk
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
yeah those algorithms are wicked. specifically crafted to show you shit that upsets you so youre more likely to interact longer debating and reading more about it.

That's why I was (and still am) surprised that the Tribune and other news outlets canceled the comments sections. I think people stayed on the site way longer reading and responding to comments than they did the actually articles.

man, i remember like 15 years ago when the Sun Times had a comment section. It was gold.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Brick wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
I will put it into terms you can understand. Social media isn't bad. It isn't going away either. There can be negative consequences to it, but that's truth of nearly everything.
I didn't know you were such a fan of social media. You are welcome to your opinion even though I'm pretty sure you've done plenty of complaining about social media and big tech too.

I don't think it will go away just like cigarettes won't go away but that was never my point.

Criticizing social media for censorship isn't the same as wishing that $50 billion companies just tank into nothing because they are "bad". I don't trust the motives of any corporation other than profit. Plenty of pharma companies create and have created products meant to be more addictive than social media. I don't see you wishing that they disappear.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:24 pm 

Criticizing social media for censorship isn't the same as wishing that $50 billion companies just tank into nothing because they are "bad". I don't trust the motives of any corporation other than profit. Plenty of pharma companies create and have created products meant to be more addictive than social media. I don't see you wishing that they disappear.
I believe that twitter is a net negative on society and has a negative effect on almost everyone who uses it and it makes their lives not as good. If there is a drug doing similar things then I also would hope that it disappears.

If I had to speculate, you are on twitter all the time and my point on how it effects your life is hitting a little bit too close to home so you are lashing out about it. That's why most people on here read my thoughts on twitter and didn't seem to care but it deeply offended you that I think twitter is "bad".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
A candidate for the overused phrase thread: Twitter being shit is a feature, not a bug.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:54 pm 

Brick wrote:
I believe that twitter is a net negative on society and has a negative effect on almost everyone who uses it and it makes their lives not as good. If there is a drug doing similar things then I also would hope that it disappears.

If I had to speculate, you are on twitter all the time and my point on how it effects your life is hitting a little bit too close to home so you are lashing out about it. That's why most people on here read my thoughts on twitter and didn't seem to care but it deeply offended you that I think twitter is "bad".

You are immediately a petty, condescending person in any discussion. When I said tanking a $50 billion company is a bad idea it was "lashing out". Now it's you are just an evil Twitter user. Great debate ability there. Net negative measured by what? It's created thousands of jobs and billions in value. We should wipe it all out because some people abuse it?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:16 pm 

Brick wrote:

You are immediately a petty, condescending person in any discussion. When I said tanking a $50 billion company is a bad idea it was "lashing out". Now it's you are just an evil Twitter user. Great debate ability there. Net negative measured by what? It's created thousands of jobs and billions in value. We should wipe it all out because some people abuse it?

Go read your first two responses to me and tell me I'm the condescending one.

If you love Twitter that much go ahead and celebrate the valuation of it. I don't care.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:20 pm 

WfR has several homes and is thus greater than you. he's allow to condescend us, the lesser people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:29 pm 

W_Z wrote:
WfR has several homes and is thus greater than you. he's allow to condescend us, the lesser people.

It was fine for FavreFan to repeatedly threaten me. To say that I need to die because of my empty life. Refuting that was the really insulting part.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:38 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Go read your first two responses to me and tell me I'm the condescending one.

If you love Twitter that much go ahead and celebrate the valuation of it. I don't care.

You immediately made the discussion personal. It was "lashing out" to suggest that wiping out a $50 billion company might affect more lives than to dismiss it with a "who cares?". I mean employees, investors, people using it for businesses, journalists with followings all might care. So tens of thousands of people?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
So tens of thousands of people?

i thought it was just college kids

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:53 pm 

You immediately made the discussion personal. It was "lashing out" to suggest that wiping out a $50 billion company might affect more lives than to dismiss it with a "who cares?". I mean employees, investors, people using it for businesses, journalists with followings all might care. So tens of thousands of people?
You got triggered by me saying "Who cares?" :lol:

You called my take laughably simplistic first. Maybe you meant that in a nice way though.

I didn't think your objection to my thoughts on how twitter is bad for society in general was that I wasn't considering the impact on twitter investors(which would be one person) and journalists, most of whom are part of the mainstream media anyways.

Society is being negatively effected, but at least employees are being paid to do it!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:59 pm 

Stating Twitter is bad is laughably simplistic. And that’s your argument. And disagreeing with that is “lashing out”.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:05 pm 

I gave a lot of reasons why Twitter is bad that you conviently ignored and instead pointed out that Twitter has investors.

If you want to have a conversation about the points I made then we can but you'd have to be less emotional about how great Twitter is to make it worthwhile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:07 pm 

Brick wrote:
I gave a lot of reasons why Twitter is bad that you conviently ignored and instead pointed out that Twitter has investors.

If you want to have a conversation about the points I made then we can but you'd have to be less emotional about how great Twitter is to make it worthwhile.

If I had to speculate you are a miserable bitter person spending too much time on social media. Is that your example of not being emotional?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:24 pm 

W_Z wrote:

It was fine for FavreFan to repeatedly threaten me. To say that I need to die because of my empty life. Refuting that was the really insulting part.

Last time I checked I’m not FavreFan. And if you really took his posts as threats you certainly didn’t act accordingly to someone who is legitimately concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
W_Z wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Last time I checked I’m not FavreFan. And if you really took his posts as threats you certainly didn’t act accordingly to someone who is legitimately concerned.

Having met all three of you in person, FF, WfR, and WZ, only WZ has a board persona that matches up with him in real life. All three are very nice and easy to converse with in person. FF is incredibly fun to hang out with because he spills drinks and generally does lots of dumb stuff.

FF and WfR are (were in FF’s case) willing to engage in needlessly long arguments that will never result in a meeting of the minds. I guess that is what this place is for….so have at it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:31 pm 

Brick wrote:

If I had to speculate you are a miserable bitter person spending too much time on social media. Is that your example of not being emotional?

Wrong. I don't spend too much time on social media. You lucked into the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Is this place considered social media?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nah. The original Yahoo Finance message boards were great. There was a guy posting there named Robert Monski who actually had an SEC enforcement order against him for spoofing stock bids. He was so unloved that someone created a website call ihatebobmonski. It featured him and his mobile home, copies of a termination letter and his head pasted on nude bodies. Those were the days.

https://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/lr16986.htm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:

IMO, no

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
We can’t be social media because conservative voices aren’t silenced here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:23 pm 

W_Z wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I’m not him. So my out of context bitching is fine!

If I see you I will kill you. Jk that’s just wacky fun FF doing his fun thing here. He lives by a gas station. For fun.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:59 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Nas wrote:

I would say it is. I'm not sure what else you would call it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sociopathic media?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:09 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sociopathic media?

:lol: Possibly. I'm awake at 3 in the morning talking to you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:10 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sociopathic media?

:lol: Possibly. I'm awake at 3 in the morning talking to you.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:29 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
KDdidit wrote:
We can’t be social media because conservative voices aren’t silenced here.

You raise an excellent point.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:39 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sociopathic media?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: Yep better leave the journalism on twitter to the real journalists like her . Unbiased and just reporting the truth , ma’am. On twitter .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:
:lol: Yep better leave the journalism on twitter to the real journalists like her . Unbiased and just reporting the truth , ma’am. On twitter .

This is really going to be fun to watch/read.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 39  Next