It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Funny column by Morrissey:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022 ... tin-fields

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 7:25 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Lambert lays out a pretty solid case that Poles is all in on Justin Fields.

Click the Link and read the rest of it.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:01 am 

like it or not, Poles success IS tied to Fields. Sure he might get one more QB pick if Fields is a bust, but his position will be uncomfortable if Fields is bad and the perception is that Poles actively damaged his development.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:04 am 

Any GM who unintentionally or intentionally fails to give his QB any toys to play with is a bad GM.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
like it or not, Poles success IS tied to Fields. Sure he might get one more QB pick if Fields is a bust, but his position will be uncomfortable if Fields is bad and the perception is that Poles actively damaged his development.

They’d already the perception . Justin Fields is great and can’t fail . It’s everyone around him that are to blame .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:26 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Any GM who unintentionally or intentionally fails to give his QB any toys to play with is a bad GM.

There are plenty of reasons why a GM would walk into a situation and have a tank year.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:30 am 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

There are plenty of reasons why a GM would walk into a situation and have a tank year.

Not an apt counter. Giving Fields toys doesn't mean you automatically become playoff contenders - it just allows one to better evaluate the QB position.

I don't believe "tanking" is a thing in the NFL anyway in terms of rebuilding rosters. I grant that teams tank for specific players in the draft.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:33 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Not an apt counter. Giving Fields toys doesn't mean you automatically become playoff contenders - it just allows one to better evaluate the QB position.

I don't believe "tanking" is a thing in the NFL anyway in terms of rebuilding rosters. I grant that teams tank for specific players in the draft.

Every year there are teams tanking for a year. It's not just about picks. You think the Texans are going for it this year?

The Bears made some value picks for the WR position as they filled other needs.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:34 am 

There are some who think the WR group is better today than in season last year. I think that argument relies heavily on Velus Jones playing like a high 3rd rounder.

I like Pringle a lot more than others but I wouldn't bet my credibility he is going to excel as a #2

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Drafting speed positions a year before drafting offensive linemen is doing it backwards. O-linemen have the longest careers in the NFL (apart from QB's and punters/kickers maybe). Speed positions like WR, return guys and dbacks have the shortest careers--speed disappears quickly and then it's time to go back for a new dback/kick returner/wr.

By the time you've assembled a roster for Fields to compete, you'll be lucky if you get a season or two out of this years highest draft picks--especially when the one guy you drafted is already in his mid-20's.

Also, if Fields is getting killed because the o-line is a sieve, doesn't matter who the receivers are. There were still o-linemen on the board rated pre-draft as late 1st round/early 2nd round even when the Bears drafted in the 3rd round.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... arred-him/

“I’M MORE COMFORTABLE THIS YEAR,” HE SAID. “I KIND OF KNOW WHAT’S COMING AND KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. … ME NOT KNOWING IF I’M GOING TO BE THE LEADER OF THE TEAM OR NOT LAST YEAR COMPARED TO THIS YEAR MEANS A WHOLE DIFFERENT MINDSET. JUST COMFORTABILITY AND KNOWING THAT I’M GOING TO BE THE GUY AND THAT THIS IS MY TEAM IS DEFINITELY A DIFFERENT MINDSET AS I TRY TO BE A LEADER FOR EVERYBODY ON THE TEAM.”

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
He needs to shut up. I want to love him, but he keeps talking.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
As he develops as a QB and learns what to do and not to do on the field, at the same time he should learn what to say and what not to say off the field.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:12 pm 

See , I would’ve been better and more comfortable but nobody told me last year that I was supposed to be the leader but now that I know that I am it’s going to be great

This kid is a fucking clown. Get him a binky and draft a real quarterback .

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:28 pm 

Nas wrote:

He has always been an interesting dude, going back to leaving Georgia.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
See , I would’ve been better and more comfortable but nobody told me last year that I was supposed to be the leader but now that I know that I am it’s going to be great

The coach was a clown. He wasn't the starter, then he was, then he wasn't. Its obvious why you don't like him.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

The coach was a clown. He wasn't the starter, then he was, then he wasn't. Its obvious why you don't like him.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nobody should have to tell a 1st round QB who cost 2 first round picks that they are supposed to be the leader from day one in camp--even if they aren't currently the nominal QB1. Even more so in Fields situation where everyone in the locker room and on the planet who cares knew that Dalton was just a placeholder.

I thought the starting QB mind-set was one thing Fields had down. Sounds like that wasn't the case. Kinda strange. A failure of scouting as well if Fields is shaky on being the team leader.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Baker Mayfield level of youthful ignorance is off the charts. Throw in the entitlement and I'm not sure how he gets out of bed without floating away.

This is about the 5th time he's publicly said something this stupid with a straight face. I can only imagine how bad it is behind closed doors.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hussra wrote:
Nobody should have to tell a 1st round QB who cost 2 first round picks that they are supposed to be the leader from day one in camp--even if they aren't currently the nominal QB1. Even more so in Fields situation where everyone in the locker room and on the planet who cares knew that Dalton was just a placeholder.

I thought the starting QB mind-set was one thing Fields had down. Sounds like that wasn't the case. Kinda strange. A failure of scouting as well if Fields is shaky on being the team leader.

He was told that he wasn't the starting QB. And they brought in a veteran QB and didn't even let Fields compete for the job.

And then he got submarined by an idiot for a head coach when he did get to play.

Go watch the plays that Nagy called in his first start at QB.

Is there anyone on the planet still that thinks Matt Nagy had something to do with Mahomes being good?

I often wonder how it would have been for Mahomes if Nagy had stayed in KC.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nas wrote:
The Baker Mayfield level of youthful ignorance is off the charts. Throw in the entitlement and I'm not sure how he gets out of bed without floating away.

This is about the 5th time he's publicly said something this stupid with a straight face. I can only imagine how bad it is behind closed doors.

Relax. The kid is 23. He's going to say stupid shit for at least another couple years. Hell man, Karen Rodgers (who couldn't be bothered to go to his brothers wedding) says and does plenty of very stupid shit. And he's a half decent quarterback douch canoe jerkstore. So chill. He's fine.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:26 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I dont like him because he sucks and hasnt done one thing to earn this pre anointed greatness that the media and fans want to give him but you are on to something in that his skin color is certainly the reason why he has been largely given a pass .

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Saying stupid shit for a young player usually involves saying things without thinking or saying them as an angry reaction. Maturity will fix both of those things. Field's repeated talk about being a leader or not being a leader is ridiculous. You either command the respect and attention of your peers or you don't. The weekly playing status of Andy fucking Dalton does not determine your ability to lead. This all tells me he has been handed the role of leader without earning it and that will never end well. Even though most people seem to take the low hanging fruit and agree with the statement, his blaming of Nagy for his poor performance vs Cleveland is something a leader would never do.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Saying stupid shit for a young player usually involves saying things without thinking or saying them as an angry reaction. Maturity will fix both of those things. Field's repeated talk about being a leader or not being a leader is ridiculous. You either command the respect and attention of your peers or you don't. The weekly playing status of Andy fucking Dalton does not determine your ability to lead. This all tells me he has been handed the role of leader without earning it and that will never end well. Even though most people seem to take the low hanging fruit and agree with the statement, his blaming of Nagy for his poor performance vs Cleveland is something a leader would never do.

I love when packer fans weigh in and expose themselves for knowing almost nothing about football. :lol:

Everyone else blamed Nagy for the Browns game. Fields just agreed with them 8 months later.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Nagy%27 ... 5&dpr=1.41

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The fans and analysts can blame the head coach all day long for putting his players in a poor competitive situation. The players, let alone the qb starting his first nfl game do not generally blame the coach publically regardless of how terrible his play calling may have been. Excuses and blame are generally not foundational blocks to great leadership.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:39 am 

Nas wrote:

you are getting old. You don't understand the kids any more

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:58 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm a man! I'm 40!

I don't think it's that. For a kid who has been groomed for the spotlight for a decade, I expect more. You should too. His relationship with veterans, his view of leadership and his basic understanding of being a pro is concerning.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm a man! I'm 40!

I don't think it's that. For a kid who has been groomed for the spotlight for a decade, I expect more. You should too. His relationship with veterans, his view of leadership and his basic understanding of being a pro is concerning.

Not sure if Fields understands that this year will be crucial to his NFL career, if he shows he can be a franchise QB, it will go a long way toward him cashing in on his second contract, if not, he will be signing a one year prove it deal like Mitch.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:26 am 
100000 CLUB

This is a kid who couldn't take a job from Jake Fromm and played for an Ohio State team whose entire offense got drafted early. Fields has a lot to prove.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm a man! I'm 40!

Not sure if Fields understands that this year will be crucial to his NFL career, if he shows he can be a franchise QB, it will go a long way toward him cashing in on his second contract, if not, he will be signing a one year prove it deal like Mitch.

All signs indicate that he is working very hard and has taken command of the offense. He just appears to be somewhat immature, though I wouldn't say that he is unusually immature for his age.

I like Fields a lot as a prospect and think he has an elite arm and feet. What concerns me about him--especially after watching him very closely for a full season--is that he seems to have significantly below average instincts in the pocket. He is very poor at sensing the rush and doesn't seem to understand when he should be getting rid of the ball. That's part of the reason why he took so many devastating sacks last year. It's going to take a lot of work for him to improve as much as he needs to in this area. Playing an offense that emphasizes play-action, sprint outs, rollouts and screens will certainly help him, but at a certain point QBs have to stand in the pocket and consistently deliver on time in order to be considered elite.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 146  Next