It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Nas wrote:
The first known family interaction with police was when the now accused shooter was almost two years old. His mother, Denise Pesina, was arrested for endangering the life of a child after she was accused of leaving Bobby in a car with the windows rolled up on a hot day for nearly 30 minutes.

https://abc7chicago.com/highland-park-i ... e=facebook

I'm not surprised that these people exist, but I am surprised they could swing Highland Park.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Curious Hair wrote:
Nas wrote:
The first known family interaction with police was when the now accused shooter was almost two years old. His mother, Denise Pesina, was arrested for endangering the life of a child after she was accused of leaving Bobby in a car with the windows rolled up on a hot day for nearly 30 minutes.

https://abc7chicago.com/highland-park-i ... e=facebook

I'm not surprised that these people exist, but I am surprised they could swing Highland Park.

I don't think $150k household income is that extreme. His mother seems like a nut that's tolerated because she's attractive.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
chaspoppcap wrote:
I agree with you on this. I will also add that the local PD failed on making sure in notifying the State PD about his behavior. If they had done so he would not have gotten the FOID. Plus,when they responded to the second call they should have put him under a 72 hour mental health hold in a hospital,that would have also prevented the FOID

Highland Park Police DID notify Illinois State Police. ISP chose to ignore the warning.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:20 am 

I wonder if chas has any "we should do what Nazi Germany would have done" ideas for that one.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I recently saw a story about a 12-year-old Colorado middle schooler who didn't get any yearbook signatures. He asked a lot of people and they all refused. His mom posted about the ordeal on her Facebook and then Paul Rudd came to the rescue -- Facetimed him and sent a nice note and some Ant Man memorabilia.

I immediately thought two things. That's the kind of kid who may come back and shoot up the school or the high school that he'll eventually go to. And also, why didn't anyone sign his yearbook? Are kids this evil? I remember when someone I didn't really hang around or talk much with, who I knew was a bit of an outcast, would come up to me and ask for a yearbook signature -- did I think it was a little weird, sure. But, I'd take the 5 seconds to write HAGS and sign my name.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:02 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I've said this many times here, but it is worth restating: Many school or workplace shooters are severely bullied/ostracized prior to becoming violent. Mark Ames details this phenomenon in his very interesting book, Going Postal. He also links the rise of Reagan/neoliberalism with a sharp increase in mass shootings. The book is definitely worth checking out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:28 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

I immediately thought two things. That's the kind of kid who may come back and shoot up the school or the high school that he'll eventually go to. And also, why didn't anyone sign his yearbook? Are kids this evil? I remember when someone I didn't really hang around or talk much with, who I knew was a bit of an outcast, would come up to me and ask for a yearbook signature -- did I think it was a little weird, sure. But, I'd take the 5 seconds to write HAGS and sign my name.

In 18 years I have never once had a kid get zero signatures on a yearbook that was asking people to sign.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
I recently saw a story about a 12-year-old Colorado middle schooler who didn't get any yearbook signatures.

Since when do 7th graders have yearbooks? The only yearbook worth buying when I was in school
was your Senior year yearbook. We didn't even have yearbooks prior to high school. fucking weirdos in Colorado.
No wonder their kids shoot up the place on the regular.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Tall Midget wrote:
I've said this many times here, but it is worth restating: Many school or workplace shooters are severely bullied/ostracized prior to becoming violent. Mark Ames details this phenomenon in his very interesting book, Going Postal. He also links the rise of Reagan/neoliberalism with a sharp increase in mass shootings. The book is definitely worth checking out.

Blood on Brick’s hands

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:32 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

It's the price of neoliberalism and we should be happy to pay it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:35 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

It seems like workplace shootings are going down while school shootings are going way up. We don't even get to have Dwight Schrutes anymore because they either already do it in high school or never become employable in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
With most workplaces being either completely or mostly remote, you'd have to Gabe Wortman it
and drive house to house shooting mofos to properly shoot up a workplace nowadays.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:56 pm 

Hmmm. Feels like there’s something missing from this video.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
SpiralStairs wrote:

DIY gallows?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Hussra wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
I recently saw a story about a 12-year-old Colorado middle schooler who didn't get any yearbook signatures.

Since when do 7th graders have yearbooks? The only yearbook worth buying when I was in school
was your Senior year yearbook. We didn't even have yearbooks prior to high school. fucking weirdos in Colorado.

Herrick gave us yearbooks. Belle Aire even did it for 6th grade. My middle school in AZ did it too. All free.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:56 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

DIY gallows?

No sorry. I was looking for “what is a dead white woman?” I would have also accepted “DRUMPH!”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

SpiralStairs wrote:

Over the past 4 decades, revolutions in Iran, Chile, Poland, Thailand, the Philippines, Egypt, Kenya, Panama, East Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, etc were largely or entirely nonviolent.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
SpiralStairs wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

DIY gallows?

No sorry. I was looking for “what is a dead white woman?” I would have also accepted “DRUMPH!”

Hang Sri Lankan Mike Pence!! Or Sri Lankan Mike’s pants!

I’m not picky, just hang something.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Tall Midget wrote:

Its been roundly dismissed b/c of statements like this:

“Rage as we know it today did not exist when Ronald Reagan took power in 1981.”

make sense

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Battle Ask wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

make sense

yeah...1966 texas sniper, 1927 a school in michigan is blown up...crazies through the ages. it appears as though the psychiatry and pharmaceutical industries have framed the narrative: you will likely get condemned for 'giving up' on some one who is a loose canon: if you try and get them committed. they will tell you this isn't 1505 and today we have sophisticated psychiatry and powerful pharmaceuticals to treat mental illness - irrespective of type of illness and degree of illness.

i do see the reagan connection as reagan cut funding for mental institutions - when he repealed carter's mental health systems act of 1980. when i was a kid no one wanted to end up at the funny farm.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:44 am 
1000 CLUB

Battle Ask wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

make sense

He's pointing out that mass shooting as a form of rage wasn't a common phenomenon prior to the neoliberal era.

Try harder, coward.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I assume Battle Ask is Field Turf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Tall Midget wrote:
Battle Ask wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

make sense

He's pointing out that mass shooting as a form of rage wasn't a common phenomenon prior to the neoliberal era.

Try harder, coward.

Something something causality correlation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:06 am 

Neoliberalism also brought us the iPhone and avocado toast. There is always tradeoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:09 am 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Battle Ask wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

make sense

Try harder, coward.

Something something causality correlation.

Have you read the book?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:36 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Herrick gave us yearbooks. Belle Aire even did it for 6th grade. My middle school in AZ did it too. All free.

Hell I have them going all the way back to 1st grade.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:40 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Do Arkansas schools even have grades higher than 1st?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:58 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

They have now gotten to the point of having all 12 years, lots of progress made.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

They have now gotten to the point of having all 12 years, lots of progress made.

I just read that Arkansas students are far ahead of their New York counterparts due to the lockdowns. It should be interesting in a few years when the barefoot children of Hillbilly Pete are shoving the children of the East Coast grandees out of the way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I doubt anyone will be moving to Arkansas or Mississippi in search of a quality education any time soon. I'm sure both states have a few quality schools, but their overall system sucks.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next