It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
What do you like about them?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Looks like Hub's been squeezed out from his occasional weekday 6-10 hostings with the generic Herron & Ramirez hiring.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
vitoscotti wrote:
Looks like Hub's been squeezed out from his occasional weekday 6-10 hostings with the generic Herron & Ramirez hiring.

I’m not big on Ramirez but Herron is better than Hub and deserves a bigger role. I enjoy Hubs Bears/NFL segments but anything beyond 20 minutes during the off-season is too much.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Spaulding wrote:

They seem to have good chemistry, don’t take themselves seriously and I usually get a few laughs along the way (particularly when the producers join in).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: coal fire
larry breaks the kyler murray contract agreement news and also drops some knowledge on us all that him and murray have the same body type and wont last long in the nfl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
papa_bear wrote:
larry breaks the kyler murray contract agreement news and also drops some knowledge on us all that him and murray have the same body type and wont last long in the nfl

Dude I heard that and immediately knew that would be mentioned in this thread.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

They seem to have good chemistry, don’t take themselves seriously and I usually get a few laughs along the way (particularly when the producers join in).

Yup.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Alright I'll give it a try again. I don't like either of them though. They are less manly than Sir.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I tried listening regularly a few months ago and I couldn’t do it. P&S was a big reason why. Oddly enough I came to the opposite conclusion of many - I found spiegel more likable the more I heard him (though I should note he’s very, very fat) and if Parkins was talking sports in my office I’d stick a screwdriver in my ear.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
I know Larry’s odd pronunciations of words is well documented on this board. Hence Leery and Teery.

But has it ever been addressed why he does this? It’s so odd and distracting. It’s not an accent or some AAVE thing. It’s just…strange.

It’s pronunciation of “in general” as jin-a-row defies comprehension.

The examples are seemingly countless but I’m more curious as to why he does this. It has to be a conscious decision at this point

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:34 pm 

Doesn't Parkins omit the "d" in wouldn't, & couldn't. He's moidering the Kings English... Etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Parkins does the whole “impordant” thing.

Larry is in a different galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:48 pm 

Listened to the first time to "House of L" for a few minutes because he talked about the party. Man is he depressingly introspective. Said people were following him outside during breaks. He sounds like he's got definite emotional problems which makes sense with his always boasting persona. Definitely a guy to take in small doses or not at all. Very creepy. Always near tears on the dumbest of stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Crick Ramp wrote:
I know Larry’s odd pronunciations of words is well documented on this board. Hence Leery and Teery.

But has it ever been addressed why he does this? It’s so odd and distracting. It’s not an accent or some AAVE thing. It’s just…strange.

The examples are seemingly countless but I’m more curious as to why he does this. It has to be a conscious decision at this point

It's a south side/south suburbs thing. They can't pronounce vowels properly. A large majority of them at least.

In my 20s I had a buddy from Dalton. He was the same as Larry. I used to make fun of him all the time for not being able to pronounce words properly. Why this is a south side thing? I have no fucking idea. It's weird.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
vitoscotti wrote:
Listened to the first time to "House of L" for a few minutes because he talked about the party. Man is he depressingly introspective. Said people were following him outside during breaks. He sounds like he's got definite emotional problems which makes sense with his always boasting persona. Definitely a guy to take in small doses or not at all. Very creepy. Always near tears on the dumbest of stuff.

The guy recently got divorced, got launched from the NBC Sports Bears postgame show, and a quick google check shows the last hit for him teaching is from 2018, so likely not great right now, especially because the only reason you would get a Masters in Journalism is to meet the minimum requirements to teach college classes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
yesterday, he did go into spasms when he brought up how hot jennifer lawrence is.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Beardown wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

It's a south side/south suburbs thing. They can't pronounce vowels properly. A large majority of them at least.

In my 20s I had a buddy from Dalton. He was the same as Larry. I used to make fun of him all the time for not being able to pronounce words properly. Why this is a south side thing? I have no fucking idea. It's weird.

I would say it's more of a southern accent type of thing. I have in-laws from Central Illinois who have mild southern accents and have a similar manner of pronunciation. I think you tend to see it in African Americans because some of that southern accent endures through the generations, just like I'll pronounce a few words similarly to my grandparents, whose first language was Polish.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
yesterday, he did go into spasms when he brought up how hot jennifer lawrence is.

I'd much rather have spasms on top of her

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Warren Newson wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

I would say it's more of a southern accent type of thing. I have in-laws from Central Illinois who have mild southern accents and have a similar manner of pronunciation. I think you tend to see it in African Americans because some of that southern accent endures through the generations, just like I'll pronounce a few words similarly to my grandparents, whose first language was Polish.

My friend didn't have any southern ties. His old man grew up on the South side. And he grew up on the South side - Dalton. It's not just him. I've noticed this speech pattern from other south siders. It's not a black or white thing either. Larry has it as well as south side whites.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Beardown wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

My friend didn't have any southern ties. His old man grew up on the South side. And he grew up on the South side - Dalton. It's not just him. I've noticed this speech pattern from other south siders. It's not a black or white thing either. Larry has it as well as south side whites.

Where did you grow up, Beardown? I'm guessing Norridge or DesPlaines.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Beardown wrote:
Dalton

Dolton

lol at this "yeah...I'm thinkin' it just might work" puff piece in the Tribune as if Dan and Leery didn't host together for like twelve years before this. Even when Hamp & Holmes was a going concern, he would skip out on his own show to fill in for The Vacationing Terry Boers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Beardown wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Your theory needs about 25 more minutes in the oven at 350. I was born and raised in the Southwest Burbs and I have family all over the South Side, South Suburbs, and Southwest Suburbs, none of them speak that way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Leery also picked up the very New York habit of dropping the H in "huge" and "Houston." There's no explaining Leery.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:40 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Leery also picked up the very New York habit of dropping the H in "huge" and "Houston." There's no explaining Leery.

Correct. I may rip on him but he is a unique guy. He's a big full of interesting insecurities that, try as he might, cannot be contained.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:11 pm 

:lol: :lol: And of course Larry has to use himself as an example of understanding what Roquan feels like while representing himself during negotiations because you know Larry represented himself in his last negotiations with the SCORE

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
RFDC wrote:
:lol: :lol: And of course Larry has to use himself as an example of understanding what Roquan feels like while representing himself during negotiations because you know Larry represented himself in his last negotiations with the SCORE

Bernstein should have told him he, like Roquan and Horace Grant, was an idiot for representing himself. Would have been a fascinating conversation, but those no longer exist on the Score.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
because I am an unapologetic sheep, I follow LH on social media. this morning, he was trumpeting his new column comparing his love of the punky qb to a new love for Justin fields. to me it was easily digestible, self-indulgent blather. also, I'm almost certain it was a lie. the headband thing didn't really become a THING until the 85 playoffs, and "rozelle." yet loho claims that on halloween 85, several months prior, he needed that headband for his costume. whatevs. just my two cents.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022 ... ent-jersey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: coal fire
any one catch larry saying the "new" style of Qbs in the nfl have a similar frame to him? 5'9" 185 lbs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:16 pm 

papa_bear wrote:
any one catch larry saying the "new" style of Qbs in the nfl have a similar frame to him? 5'9" 185 lbs

lying about his weight like a chick

stand him next to bernstein to prove at least one of them is lying about height

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
papa_bear wrote:

:lol:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next