It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Clawmaster wrote:
Find more interesting the effort by the "Bears Media" to put a positive spin on his work during yesterdays "closed" practice. Not sure if they get that this makes them seem much less credible and chases people to more independent podcasts or out of town takes for actual real information about the team.

They used to toss around the term "out of town stupid" to dismiss sports thoughts from national media types, but that was back when you had guys like Uncle Terry, Mac, and North openly challenging and questioning the Bears Organization.

It seems that given the current state of local sports media and the seemingly endless need to protect the McKaskey family, especially from the hapless and hopeless Hubert Arkush who seems to be the arbiter of Bears takes, we instead need a new term, "In town stupid", your welcome.

Biggs and Wiederer are the only beat writers that I trust these days.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:49 pm 

fucking eeberfloose sounds like a fat elephant blowing snot bubbles. why cant we get a coach with a normal last name. fuck this team man 4-15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Augie wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Find more interesting the effort by the "Bears Media" to put a positive spin on his work during yesterdays "closed" practice. Not sure if they get that this makes them seem much less credible and chases people to more independent podcasts or out of town takes for actual real information about the team.

They used to toss around the term "out of town stupid" to dismiss sports thoughts from national media types, but that was back when you had guys like Uncle Terry, Mac, and North openly challenging and questioning the Bears Organization.

It seems that given the current state of local sports media and the seemingly endless need to protect the McKaskey family, especially from the hapless and hopeless Hubert Arkush who seems to be the arbiter of Bears takes, we instead need a new term, "In town stupid", your welcome.

Biggs and Wiederer are the only beat writers that I trust these days.

Case in point, look at any tweet by Wiederer that’s in anyway negative about Fields or the Bears and look at their responses. People don’t want to hear that Fields might not be good or that the team sucks. In other words they don’t want honest takes.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Well, media can avoid it all they want but.. when this all goes live and we’re all watching it in real time, there won’t be anywhere to hide all the bs.

Personally I don’t expect this team to be good anyway. My expectations are very low (win/loss wise).. this team has very little talent (we all know this, why deny it?).. so how can anyone’s expectations be high for this season?

What I personally am looking for is player development, specifically with Fields.. but if we’re at least seeing some developmental progress and ‘close game’ type losses I think we’ll be able to say they’re headed in the right direction. Right now I believe we’ve got a 4 to 5 win type of team on our hands here.. unless Fields takes a huge leap of course.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:45 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: Thats from like a week ago.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:57 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
When I first saw that clip, I thought that was a terrible throw by Fields. Now, though, I wonder if Harry ran the correct route. Fields was throwing to the corner of the end zone whereas Harry cut his route off about half way into the end zone. If Harry had run to the corner, it would have been an easy catch. Someone made a pretty big mistake on that play, but it's not clear that Fields was at fault.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
When I first saw that clip, I thought that was a terrible throw by Fields. Now, though, I wonder if Harry ran the correct route. Fields was throwing to the corner of the end zone whereas Harry cut his route off about half way into the end zone. If Harry had run to the corner, it would have been an easy catch. Someone made a pretty big mistake on that play, but it's not clear that Fields was at fault.

I think he still overthrows him. The timing was off and Harry was kinda waiting for the ball.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Dan Wiederer said he's about had it up to here with culture leadership praising of Justin Fields. It's time for him to start making some good passes and improve into being a quality quarterback. David Haugh actually changed the subject and said let's get back to Roquan Smith for a minute.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:00 am 

I can't even tell if he's been good or bad in tc based on the reporting in this town.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:33 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I can't even tell if he's been good or bad in tc based on the reporting in this town.

My impression is that he has made progress with his footwork, throwing motion, accuracy and initial reads, but he still appears to have no idea how to deal with post-snap defensive shifts/movement. Getsy seems to be addressing this issue by going to a run-oriented offense and a passing game that heavily relies on play-action, roll outs, swing passes and screens.

It's also important to note that other than Mooney, the wide receivers are getting no separation in practice, and Fields is frequently throwing into extremely tight windows. This is part of the reason he has been "inconsistent" throughout training camp, but it's certainly not the whole story.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:50 am 
1000 CLUB

I should also say that Fields has not been dominant in any practice so far, nor has he consistently made a few outstanding plays in each practice. Each step forward has almost always (reportedly) been accompanied by steps backward. He had his best day of training camp practice yesterday, though. We'll see how he follows that up today.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Dan Wiederer
@danwiederer
The volume of tuck-and-run from Bears QB Justin Fields during training camp is, at the very least, notable.

Many, many reasons for the disjointed offensive rhythm. But this is going to take significant time and effort to remedy.
11:15 AM · Aug 11, 2022·

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Major injury by week 4.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:42 am 
1000 CLUB

Fields is struggling with post-snap recognition and the receivers often run poor or incorrect routes. But other than that, things are going great....except for the fact that our offensive line sucks, too.

Tevin Jenkins apparently got embarrassed by Dominique Robinson (!) in practice yesterday. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:00 pm 

I'll take the good side and say Dominique Robinson is looking great

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Jenkins' confidence has to be completely shot at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:

It's also important to note that other than Mooney, the wide receivers are getting no separation in practice, and Fields is frequently throwing into extremely tight windows. This is part of the reason he has been "inconsistent" throughout training camp, but it's certainly not the whole story.

You also pointed to analysis that suggests Fields may not need solid pass-catching staff because of his potential to make out of pocket plays, whether via the run or pass. To state the obvious, I still think you need professional WRs and TEs in order to take the next step (if you have a next step) as a QB. I think the lack of pass-catching options is hurting Lamar Jackson for example and the same has happened and will happen to Fields. This is why I still don't think we'll be able to see what Fields can do if his WRs are shit.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

You also pointed to analysis that suggests Fields may not need solid pass-catching staff because of his potential to make out of pocket plays, whether via the run or pass. To state the obvious, I still think you need professional WRs and TEs in order to take the next step (if you have a next step) as a QB. I think the lack of pass-catching options is hurting Lamar Jackson for example and the same has happened and will happen to Fields. This is why I still don't think we'll be able to see what Fields can do if his WRs are shit.

It would be great if Fields had better receiving options. He doesn't. This doesn't mean he can't show considerable improvement. He frequently held the ball too long last year. That didn't have much to do with his receiving corps. If he can significantly improve in that area alone, he will be a much better QB this year. But there are plenty of other areas he can show progress in as well, especially given that he will be playing in an offense designed to accentuate his strengths.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:36 am 
1000 CLUB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
You can never have too many young QBs. Bears should absolutely grab Mond and have him as QB#3. They also should be drafting a QB every year to see what happens. Even if its a 7th rounder, draft one and see if he might be "the guy" or "a guy" that you can trade.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:31 am 

I see Carson Strong was cut. He went undrafted out of Nevada. Huge arm and an incredibly productive player who led his team to really successful seasons. I'd love to get him on the practice squad or even put him as the third string. Petterman will be there if he is ever needed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:07 am 
100000 CLUB

I would definitely kick the Mond tires. Even if he sucks, he knows the Vikings playbook. That should be valuable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
fields will be more relaxed now that the nathan peterman era is over....

would like to ask Poles why he felt the need to kick the tires on a 28 year old proven bad QB as his #3 qb in camp?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:

would like to ask Poles why he felt the need to kick the tires on a 28 year old proven bad QB as his #3 qb in camp?

Peterman may be one of those good teammate guys who stay employed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Isn't he eligible for the practice squad?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:16 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Isn't he eligible for the practice squad?

Peterman or Fields?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
I see Carson Strong was cut. He went undrafted out of Nevada. Huge arm and an incredibly productive player who led his team to really successful seasons. I'd love to get him on the practice squad or even put him as the third string. Petterman will be there if he is ever needed.

The Eagles wouldn't even give him reps in practice after paying him a significant bonus to get him.

Something ain't right with him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas wrote:
I would definitely kick the Mond tires. Even if he sucks, he knows the Vikings playbook. That should be valuable.

Wouldn't Mond mostly know the prior regime's shitty playbook full of 4th quarter plays that sputter out at the 20 for game losing field goals?

I imagine teams hold back on their full playbook during preseason until after final cuts, especially with the extended time between last preseason game and kick off. Studying opponent game film is always going to trump anything else. O'Connell probably first established the rubric of his basic offense to date and only now will put into place actual game plan plays.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:

GM of a losing fantasy football team perhaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRYH0Gfoatc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 146  Next