It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Is Mitch a bust
Poll ended at Wed May 03, 2023 2:39 pm
Yes 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:34 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky never gave any indication he’d be an NFL starter. Couldn’t start at a mediocre college program until his senior year, at which point he promptly sucked.

Fields is a whole different story. He’s been a no doubter since high school. If he fails, I blame coaching.

His biggest challenge is reading defenses at NFL speed.

Some guys can do it, some can't.

If he can't, I don't think that's the fault of the coaches.
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky proved at least for one year that he belonged in the NFL though. He would have had a 10+ year starting career if he had just been able to continue to play the level he did as a second year player. He's got his chance now though to at least show it with someone else.

As for Fields, I don't know if he was a no doubter. Haskins and Barrett were at least comparable players to Fields at OSU under similar circumstances. Fields couldn't beat out Jake Fromm, who wasn't a no doubter NFL player. Fields had a few quarterbacks get drafted ahead of him and the same guy who drafted Fields is the one who missed on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:06 am 

please refer to him as Pro Bowl QB Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky isn't playing poorly. He looks comfortable, and by all accounts, he's been making a lot of splash plays in practice. The first team offense has dominated the first team defense since Johnson and Claypool returned to practice.

Kenny Pickett continues to make giant leaps. He doesn't look like the game is too quick for him or the moment is too big. Pickett is also a fan favorite, and Tomlin glows whenever he talks about him. He's also the Steelers 1st round pick.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky may end up being the starter because the Steelers offensive line is AWFUL. His ability to escape sacks and make plays has been on display in their preseason games and practice. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky playing great football, and the Steelers winning a lot of their early games is the only way to keep Pickett on the bench. Pickett looks like a kid who will prove the "experts" wrong AGAIN.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Lol @ the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky apologists.. heard the same horseshit ever camp here and wets the bed when the season starts..he's not a sharp dude and can't process the reads quick enough. He will be benched for a rookie.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:28 am 

312player wrote:
Lol @ the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky apologists.. heard the same horseshit ever camp here and wets the bed when the season starts..he's not a sharp dude and can't process the reads quick enough. He will be benched for a rookie.

Pickett may end up being really good. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is playing well now too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:31 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Brick wrote:
312player wrote:

Pickett may end up being really good. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is playing well now too.

Do we know if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has figured out how to read zone defenses yet?

He has always excelled against man coverage but floundered against zone.

If he's the same old Mitch, he'll be riding the bench very soon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Brick wrote:
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky proved at least for one year that he belonged in the NFL though. He would have had a 10+ year starting career if he had just been able to continue to play the level he did as a second year player.
Not quite one full year. He had like five great games, three good games, and three decent games in 2018. He had a couple of good throws in the Eagles playoff game.

A 10 year starter finds a way to beat the Eagles at home in the playoffs, and finds a way to win another game or two in 2019 to make the playoffs again.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is to quarterbacking what Lucas Giolito is to starting pitching.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:42 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
312player wrote:

Do we know if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has figured out how to read zone defenses yet?

He has always excelled against man coverage but floundered against zone.

If he's the same old Mitch, he'll be riding the bench very soon.

He looks calm in the pocket. Like he's seeing the game better. It's too early to know if he can read a zone yet. If he hasn't solved that problem, he's wasted the past 2 years.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:45 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Brick wrote:
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky proved at least for one year that he belonged in the NFL though. He would have had a 10+ year starting career if he had just been able to continue to play the level he did as a second year player.
Not quite one full year. He had like five great games, three good games, and three decent games in 2018. He had a couple of good throws in the Eagles playoff game.

A 10 year starter finds a way to beat the Eagles at home in the playoffs, and finds a way to win another game or two in 2019 to make the playoffs again.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is to quarterbacking what Lucas Giolito is to starting pitching.

No need to nitpick individual games like that. He had a good season. We will be happy the next time a Bears qb performs similarly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:54 am 
1000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Brick wrote:

No need to nitpick individual games like that. He had a good season. We will be happy the next time a Bears qb performs similarly.

Well, considering that one of those games was a 6TD/0INT performance against a Bucs team that was trying to--and succeeded in--getting its coach fired, then the individual game log definitely merits scrutiny.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:56 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: If you want to project him as a 10+ year starter, then I can nitpick games in which he was underwhelming at best. Let's call it like it is; (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had a decent season. The bar for success should be set higher. 3200yd, 24 TD and one and done in the playoffs is not even close to great in this day and age.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:00 am 
100000 CLUB

We can't exclude the Nagy Curve. That means you have to double the production.

In all honesty, I would be hopeful if Fields put up similar numbers this season. Even with the extra game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:06 am 

Nas wrote:
In all honesty, I would be hopeful if Fields put up similar numbers this season. Even with the extra game.

Seriously. We all have $1,000 to bet. Fields under/over 3,200yds and 24 TD's. I'm guessing the under gets pounded.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:08 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

Agreed. Fields ends this year with similar production and we will feel good about him in the future. Again though after this year, the bar gets raised. Should he not build on a reasonably successful 2022 or fail to win a playoff game, the same things will correctly be said about him after the 2023 season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:

Agreed. Fields ends this year with similar production and we will feel good about him in the future. Again though after this year, the bar gets raised. Should he not build on a reasonably successful 2022 or fail to win a playoff game, the same things will correctly be said about him after the 2023 season.

No doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:36 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Brick wrote:

Well, considering that one of those games was a 6TD/0INT performance against a Bucs team that was trying to--and succeeded in--getting its coach fired, then the individual game log definitely merits scrutiny.

Would be nice to see another Bears qb in my lifetime finally play like that. Maybe Grossman came close.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:37 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
:lol: If you want to project him as a 10+ year starter, then I can nitpick games in which he was underwhelming at best. Let's call it like it is; (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had a decent season. The bar for success should be set higher. 3200yd, 24 TD and one and done in the playoffs is not even close to great in this day and age.

It was a good season that would be good enough to start for many years if it continued. Look no further than Cutler for that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:39 am 
100000 CLUB

It was a decent season and saying anything other than decent or mediocre is wrong. Cutler was decent and underachieved as well.

Set the bar higher.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:41 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Brick wrote:

Would be nice to see another Bears qb in my lifetime finally play like that. Maybe Grossman came close.

Grossman was the MVP for 6 games. I'll take that for 12+ games every year. If only he studied as much as he drank beer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:59 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
It was a decent season and saying anything other than decent or mediocre is wrong. Cutler was decent and underachieved as well.

Set the bar higher.
I'm not setting the bar high or low. I can give you countless examples of players who started for around a decade who had similar career stats to what (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky did his second year. You seem to be under the impression that I was putting him in the HOF for it. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had a 95.4 qb rating that year. Matt Stafford has a career qb rating of 91.1. Matt Ryan has a career qb rating of 94.2. Even Tom Brady is only at 97.6.

If you told me right now that the Bears in the next draft would get a qb who would end up with a career qb rating of 95.4 and be the starter for the next 10 years I would be happy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Set the bar higher.
I'm not setting the bar high or low. I can give you countless examples of players who started for around a decade who had similar career stats to what (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky did his second year. You seem to be under the impression that I was putting him in the HOF for it. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had a 95.4 qb rating that year. Matt Stafford has a career qb rating of 91.1. Matt Ryan has a career qb rating of 94.2. Even Tom Brady is only at 97.6.

If you told me right now that the Bears in the next draft would get a qb who would end up with a career qb rating of 95.4 and be the starter for the next 10 years I would be happy.

Rick says he's not setting the bar high or low, then compares (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to Tom Brady 6 sentences later. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:13 pm 

You really would have hated the list of players with a career qb rating lower than 95.4 then.

It is undeniable that a 95.4 qb rating is in fact a good qb rating over a full season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Brick wrote:
You really would have hated the list of players with a career qb rating lower than 95.4 then.

It is undeniable that a 95.4 qb rating is in fact a good qb rating over a full season.

Qbr is a worthless stat..like probowls

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Set the bar higher.

Rick says he's not setting the bar high or low, then compares (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to Tom Brady 6 sentences later. :lol:
He also compares him to Stafford who won a Super Bowl, and Matt Ryan who played in a Super Bowl and has put up numbers better than 3200 YD and 24 TD three of the last four seasons on terrible Falcons teams.

If Mitch was such a good QB, he would have made the playoffs in 2019, be better in 2020, and started somewhere last season. But he's not that good of a quarterback. Why BRick can't admit this, I don't know.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:29 pm 

312player wrote:
Brick wrote:

Qbr is a worthless stat..like probowls

Make an argument that the second season of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky wasn't a good one then if you don't like QB rating. By any metric, it was a good season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:33 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
He also compares him to Stafford who won a Super Bowl, and Matt Ryan who played in a Super Bowl and has put up numbers better than 3200 YD and 24 TD three of the last four seasons on terrible Falcons teams.
For one year, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was playing at a similar level to their career averages.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
If Mitch was such a good QB, he would have made the playoffs in 2019, be better in 2020, and started somewhere last season. But he's not that good of a quarterback. Why BRick can't admit this, I don't know.
Don't try and change the argument. This is about (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky in his second year. He regressed in year 3 and didn't improve enough in year 4 to keep the job he had already lost because Pace/Nagy didn't want him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
For one year, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was playing at a similar level to their career averages.
It was not a full year. He had a better first half of 2018 and as Midget pointed out, his perfomance in the Tampa game skewed those first half stats.

Mitch's career QB rating is 87.0. Perfectly decent and nothing more.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:50 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
It was not a full year. He had a better first half of 2018 and as Midget pointed out, his perfomance in the Tampa game skewed those first half stats.
This isn't correct. He had a terrible game coming off injury and missing two games in a win against the Rams. The game he got injured in was his second worst though it wasn't reported when the injury happened but it seemed to be late. Two of his best games were in week 14 and 15.

But still, you can't just throw away the good games because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Mitch's career QB rating is 87.0. Perfectly decent and nothing more.
But we aren't talking about the other 3 years which took it down to 87. We are talking about his performance which was better than 87 by a considerable margin.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
He had like five great games, three good games, and three decent games in 2018. He had a couple of good throws in the Eagles playoff game.

None of this from my initial post has been refuted, because it can't be.

Good day to you sir.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:16 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
He had like five great games, three good games, and three decent games in 2018. He had a couple of good throws in the Eagles playoff game.
It's hard to tell if you are including the playoffs in this, but even by your own count he had 3 bad games out of 14, and I'm not really sure what the third bad game is as it would be NE where he had 2 tds and 2 interceptions with 333 yards passing while also rushing for 81 yards and a touchdown.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Well, he did get them into field goal range to win the game but also plenty of players have lost home games in the playoffs who have had long careers. We aren't talking about 2019 where he wasn't good enough. However, he did make the playoffs in 2020 even with how badly things went with Foles so it's an interesting argument against (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky about missing them in 2019. Though, as I said, we aren't talking about 2019 where he wasn't good enough.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
None of this from my initial post has been refuted, because it can't be.

Good day to you sir.

Now it has been. Now, you can go back and refute my points about qb rating and other things you ignored!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next