It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:23 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I enjoyed Danny's rapping yesterday. I definitely think he has street cred now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I listened long enough yesterday to hear a near-elderly Jewish man unironically say “nah, fam” in a discussion about a Thai elephant.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:21 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:
Dan Campbell is "adorable" according to Dan Bernstein.
Everything is "dope", sometimes things are "gorgeous" according to Lawrence Holmes.

I'm nit-picking, but seriously, do men really speak like this?

Also, according to Holmes, the White Sox need more 4A type players like Cody Decker ready to step into a MLB contender. Holmes was criticizing the White Sox roster depth and thought that Score contributor, Cody Decker, who doesn't appear to have much MLB success, as a need.

You seem to listen every day. Is this some sort of hate listening phenomenon or are they doing something you enjoy?

You aren't addressing the question. Do you have a response?

Okay. I'll answer your question. Do men really speak like this? Yes, sometimes. They're putting on a radio show and try to be silly from time to time. If it gets too silly for my taste I PTFB.

Don't listen, but there are plenty of vids out there exposing media/political types for trying to push terms/phrases that nobody actually says in real life, it's an effort to shore up your street cred with the SJW gang. Kind of like when a caller (remember when sport talk radio used to actually include other viewpoints) would start a call by saying, "I'm a season ticket holder", just insecure dudes trying to please members of an imaginary peer group they aspire to be a part of someday.

You also find this whenever they have someone on from the Athletic, all the local sports radio goons in the "smart fans" collection of crackpots really, really, really want to work for the Athletic someday.

Do you enjoy getting annoyed by these guys? If you do, that's okay. If you're honestly torturing yourself, I just don't get it.

This was a Good Dolphin level effort.

good dolphin level effort= herculean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Not sure what that means, will often have the score on in the car in the AM to hear a bit on the way into work, morning show is OK, some decent Bears stuff, but make the mistake of not PTFB, so when out do errands on days off these two goofs are on and hear a few seconds of drivel before I can PTFB.

When you compare the current midday show to the original one it should piss off any long-time listener.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
bernstein asking why stroman would ever consider pitching for team usa when he can play for team puerto rico.

right, it's lindor's blonde hair dye. such a fun team.

the man is terrified/hates any forms of american nationalism, including it's innocuous and multi-racial national baseball team. let's get jerry narron on to talk about team israel baseball. does he think no one picks up this stuff?

dan is having team usa manager mark derosa on later this am. will dan tell him he hates team usa and encourages players to play for any nation other than the usa? will he ask derosa if he watches fox news?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
bernstein asking why stroman would ever consider pitching for team usa when he can play for team puerto rico.

right, it's lindor's blonde hair dye. such a fun team.

the man is terrified/hates any forms of american nationalism, including it's innocuous and multi-racial national baseball team. let's get jerry narron on to talk about team israel baseball. does he think no one picks up this stuff?

dan is having team usa manager mark derosa on later this am. will dan tell him he hates team usa and encourages players to play for any nation other than the usa? will he ask derosa if he watches fox news?

be sure to let us know

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:20 am 

sure..

dan said, "i'm all in on team israel". derosa understood.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
It's pretty obvious the local shows on the Score all need to be shut down. They'll be a lot of happy people when it happens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I put it at -135 that 18th ranked WSCR is making more money than half the top ten.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
it's appropriate that this thread and section are getting about the same amount of posts that Carm and Jurko got back in the day.

Pairing Dan with Larry made financial sense maybe, but it's a terrible way to send Dan out to pasture.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Leery is turning into some freakish hybrid of all the worst traits of previous shows. He's playing the part of Goff while sounding wimpy. He is slowly absorbing Leila's speech patterns, like inflecting up at the end of sentences with veiled sarcasm. He sounds like a high school cheerleader.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
City of Fools wrote:
it's appropriate that this thread and section are getting about the same amount of posts that Carm and Jurko got back in the day.

Pairing Dan with Larry made financial sense maybe, but it's a terrible way to send Dan out to pasture.

I sincerely enjoy Bernstein's bears thoughts but the last four pairings have made listening to shows a painful slog. There has always been an unbearable amount of audible sludge between interesting bears discussion with none of the fun. I don't even know what's on 1000 now but I might give it a shot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Clawmaster wrote:
Not sure what that means

Good Dolphin has a notoriously adversarial relationship with the quote function. You had a rough turn with the quote function in your post (it's okay, it's bested me once or twice as well), I pointed it out, Good Dolphin recognized it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:38 am 

TriColoredPastas wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

I sincerely enjoy Bernstein's bears thoughts but the last four pairings have made listening to shows a painful slog. There has always been an unbearable amount of audible sludge between interesting bears discussion with none of the fun. I don't even know what's on 1000 now but I might give it a shot.

for some reason, none of these top talkers last past 60. Its surprising because you would think you would be more appealing as a sports talker as you get older.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:18 am 

B & L interviewing Jon Lester was hilarious. Lester said he took Ian Happ under his wings to teach him basics that aren't taught in the minors. Like stretching, having a routine to get ready for games. They don't teach anything at the U. of Cincinnati? There seems to be a theme of young players coming to MLB being uncoached, untaught braindead imbeciles where parents are hands off and they are taught all their vital baseball knowledge by leaders and mentors like Jon Lester. B & L just ate in up heaping praise. Not once bringing up what about Happ's past coaches?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Tons of shitty coaches. Many are on youtube. Hell, Nardi Contreras and world famous incompetent Larry Rothschild bullshitted their way to MLB.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Dominos
Does anyone know why Laurence is constantly using the slow talk throughout the show? Is he trying to make things sound important? It is not working. He sounds sort of stupid like he is overcompensating for something because he knows he is not a good show host. He is a good interviewer and he doesn't use the slow talk for that?? And he certainly doesn't talk like that in real life. Isn't he the one who says he tells his students to "be themselves"? It is very annoying..................

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:10 am 

Guests now talking Bears starts some of the best content on the Score. Unfortunately, scummy Score hosts talking Bears solo or talking with other hosts is some of the stations worst content.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:11 am 

dan 'i'm all in on team israel' bernstein really ornery today about la russa. telling us that if we disagree with him, listen to hendriks and harrison. to me, they aren't saying the same thing that dan and loho are saying.

i just believe he's ornery because israel has already been eliminated from eurobasket 2022. losing to basketball powerhouses such as poland and the czech rep. israel with a guaranteed finishing position of 17th place out of the european nations. he'll wait a bit...then he'll ignore other better euro b-ball nations and always tell us that israel is a top league and b-ball nation when discussing a euro player or team.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I tuned in today while walking the dog—expecting some Bears talk. But, no, they lead with their hatred of TLR and why he shouldn’t come back. Of course, when TLR left for medical reasons, they insulated that they might be fake. A pacemaker is not fake, but they haven’t walked back their comments.

This is like a tired Trump bit at this point. PTFB.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
TLR should not, under any circumstances, come back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
TLR should be allowed to return to his employment. Failure to do so is discrimination against a LatinX(*)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
TLR should be allowed to return to his employment. Failure to do so is discrimination against a LatinX(*)
As someone who wants the Sox to make the playoffs, you should want TLR as far away from the Sox dugout as possible, Bob.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
As someone who wants the Sox to make the playoffs, you should want TLR as far away from the Sox dugout as possible, Bob.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
That's about as wet as your mother gets when I show up at her house.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Heisenberg wrote:
I tuned in today while walking the dog—expecting some Bears talk. But, no, they lead with their hatred of TLR and why he shouldn’t come back. Of course, when TLR left for medical reasons, they insulated that they might be fake. A pacemaker is not fake, but they haven’t walked back their comments.

This is like a tired Trump bit at this point. PTFB.

They have been on that train since TLR left the team. Holmes was not able to break news on Monday about whether the pacemaker was new or a replacement. He did confirm though that there was a pacemaker.

Every show is pretty much TLR sucks, that's their White Sox coverage along with how enjoyable the team is now that he's gone.

I also wish TLR doesn't come back, but the level of importance they put on him is really amazing. Every time Bernstein goes off on him, it's pretty impossible to not also hear him say a manger has no importance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Leery's psychotic, high-pitched voice that he trots out when he is facing what he believes to be a cosmic absurdity is probably the most annoying sound on the radio, perhaps tied with anything Dan Bongino says and Bernstein's bitchy monosyllabism.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

I was wondering why the show was spending so much time focused on Mike Martz's criticism of Justin Fields. They have have 2 or 3 different segments devoted to why Martz is wrong. They aren't wrong. Martz appears to be not watching the entire game, maybe reacted on 1/2 a game, etc.

Unfortunately, once again, they can't stick to what Martz is saying and attack his comments. Martz also criticized Trey Lance, in addition to Fields.

Holmes didn't outright say it, he said other people can decide upon that, but insinuated that Martz was a racist for his comments on Lance and Fields. Again, to my knowledge, there is no commentary in anything Martz said that can be linked to anything racist but, per Holmes, this is why he is criticizing him. They went to commercial. Bernstein didn't comment and the show moved along.

If they would just have stuck to the critical comments on Martz being out of touch, or wrong, that's perfectly fine. Unfortunately, it's now necessary to accuse a coach of being a racist if he has a view you disagree with.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
BD wrote:
Holmes didn't outright say it, he said other people can decide upon that, but insinuated that Martz was a racist for his comments on Lance and Fields. Again, to my knowledge, there is no commentary in anything Martz said that can be linked to anything racist but, per Holmes, this is why he is criticizing him.

Yep, any criticism must surely be rooted in racism. Despite the fact Martz praised Lamar Jackson immediately after his Fields comments.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:11 am 

Years back in the Score's heyday I would have the Score on live while working around the house. It wasn't perfect. But, very good sports radio. Did you ever dream that you'd want the stations local sportsrsdio broadcasts shutdown because of how disgusting it is now. This vile version of the Score has zero connection to the enjoyable old Score.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 94  Next