It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: NCAA Football 2022
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Urban Meyer to Nebraska would be interesting for a season or two.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:34 pm 

Hogs had a good win on Saturday and now get Missouri State before traveling to Jerry World to take on A&M. If they win those 2, they will be 4-0 with Bama rolling into Fayetteville.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Hogs had a good win on Saturday and now get Missouri State before traveling to Jerry World to take on A&M. If they win those 2, they will be 4-0 with Bama rolling into Fayetteville.

More schools need to hire Sam Pittman types.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:48 pm 

Missouri St used to be a game everyone could roll in. But Petrino has them at a good place. The Hogs better not overlook them.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:00 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Missouri St used to be a game everyone could roll in. But Petrino has them at a good place. The Hogs better not overlook them.

I agree, but he has plenty of evidence from last Saturday to show them it can happen. Petrino coming back to Arkansas, I am sure he will get a warm reception. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:03 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I agree, but he has plenty of evidence from last Saturday to show them it can happen. Petrino coming back to Arkansas, I am sure he will get a warm reception. :lol:

That will be fun dynamic for the game.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Probably missing the Frank Solich era these days.

He came within a play of having his team play for the national championship and only had one bad season. Such a stupid decision, especially when you think about who replaced him.

right. As others have said they are stuck in the Osborne era and its not coming back unless you get really creative with the NIL like old Tom did with getting players to play there. I mean, Lincoln is a tough sell. I did have to chuckle about Suh tossing his name out there for the job.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:28 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

He came within a play of having his team play for the national championship and only had one bad season. Such a stupid decision, especially when you think about who replaced him.

right. As others have said they are stuck in the Osborne era and its not coming back unless you get really creative with the NIL like old Tom did with getting players to play there. I mean, Lincoln is a tough sell. I did have to chuckle about Suh tossing his name out there for the job.

Bo may have been a schmuck but he did a good job there. Not the Osborne era, but still had a 70% win percentage,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hawg Ass wrote:
RFDC wrote:

They should give field passes to those good old boys who beat his ass and left him to rot in a ditch.

Ole Bobby might stay in the locker room.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:46 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
RFDC wrote:

They should give field passes to those good old boys who beat his ass and left him to rot in a ditch.

From my understanding, it wasn't boys but her fiance.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Bo may have been a schmuck but he did a good job there. Not the Osborne era, but still had a 70% win percentage,

Seems like a reasonable goal for them these days. I know he didn't win the big game but yeah, better than the Riley and Frost experience with well under .500 records in conference. Was never a fan of nowledge U but they shouldn't be that piss poor with who they play every year. Or maybe they should be. Times change after all.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He was one of them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:56 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He was one of them.

His little motorcycle story didn't turn out to well when she didn't have a scratch on her. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
The 2022 Iowa Hawkeyes suck.
The End.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:40 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
The End.

Proving that modern day football requires a serviceable offense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

I totally get that, but they weren't any good. They didn't beat anyone decent (except Ohio State once). And after he left, they had zero talent. Solich could actually recruit.

But maybe today out-of-state kids don't wanna go to Nebraska. Apparently they used to. Of course, I can only think of three....Rozier, Ndamukung Suh, and a guy a year ahead of me in high school.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:25 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
The End.

Is his son or brother still the OC? Insane.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:29 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Well, I won't predict Suh will be a good coach, because I done predicted Scott Frost would have 'em all revved up. That didn't work out. Probably karma anyway, since he whined about Michigan that year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:48 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
The End.

Is his son or brother still the OC? Insane.

Son. It's a real shit show. The son reports to the AD who is cucked by Kirk.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:53 am 

The thing about Nebraska is they are learning they have no real advantage over any other Big Ten school. They have a very loyal gameday fanbase for sure and they have a rich history built on having rosters of 140 players and also running an offense that only really works at service academies now as college football has changed to require the use of the forward pass.

They may get a boost if they are a protected rival with USC/UCLA and a bump in the ability to recruit California.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:40 am 

Brick wrote:
The thing about Nebraska is they are learning they have no real advantage over any other Big Ten school. They have a very loyal gameday fanbase for sure and they have a rich history built on having rosters of 140 players and also running an offense that only really works at service academies now as college football has changed to require the use of the forward pass.

They may get a boost if they are a protected rival with USC/UCLA and a bump in the ability to recruit California.

Martinez was a top recruit as a multi dimensional QB and just never realized the potential

They have become directionless. You can win with a form of the triple option but that isn't even their character. There is nothing that defines Nebraska football right now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Holy shit, this can't be real... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
The End.

I watched both of Iowas first games (I live in QCA surrounded by iowa fans) and I'll be honest, they were some of the most ridiculous football i've watched in some time. nepotism is potentially harming the offense here. and petras has taken a giant step backwards with no wr's.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nebraska must have some boosters with coin willing to dump it into the program--they ate an additional 7.5 mil firing Frost when they did vs waiting a couple more weekends. If other Big 10 schools take their time getting their NIL programs up to SEC school level, Nebraska could leverage those willing to spend boosters to recruit Big 10 bound players away from Michigan et al (depending on coach etc).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:05 am 

Hussra wrote:
If other Big 10 schools take their time getting their NIL programs up to SEC school level, Nebraska could leverage those willing to spend boosters to recruit Big 10 bound players away from Michigan et al (depending on coach etc).

They are too late on that. Illinois was ready at a moments notice to have big booster money to get to the players. Indiana wasn't far behind them but only for basketball. Michigan and MSU had some legal things to work out but like anything they find a way too. Obviously OSU just had to change the bank accounts to legal ones.

Now everyone is catching up. I don't know what Northwestern is doing besides spending massive money from that rich guy to make their already small football stadium even smaller but I assume he will throw some money at some players so they can do a commercial for Habitat For Humanity but really it's so they get a quarterback who can actually complete a 10 yard pass.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:07 am 

Hussra wrote:
Nebraska must have some boosters with coin willing to dump it into the program--they ate an additional 7.5 mil firing Frost when they did vs waiting a couple more weekends. If other Big 10 schools take their time getting their NIL programs up to SEC school level, Nebraska could leverage those willing to spend boosters to recruit Big 10 bound players away from Michigan et al (depending on coach etc).

They may not have good football players or a good football coach right now, but they have a ton of wealthy boosters that are still living in the glory days.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:45 am 

isn't papa Ricketts or warren buffet a nebraska alum?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
buffet is and he's a huge sports fan allegedly. he should be able to bankroll nebraska back into the elite no issue.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
hnd wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
The End.

I watched both of Iowas first games (I live in QCA surrounded by iowa fans) and I'll be honest, they were some of the most ridiculous football i've watched in some time. nepotism is potentially harming the offense here. and petras has taken a giant step backwards with no wr's.

The QB (Petras) is not good, but that can be said for the entire offense. This looks to be a really bad season.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next