It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:26 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
There doesn't appear to be a single passing play that Fields can execute effectively and consistently.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
He has no feel or football instincts.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Rotoworld fantasy update on his receivers

Quote:
Darnell Mooney caught 1-of-2 targets for minus-four yards in Chicago's Week 2 loss to Green Bay.

Mooney was well-covered by Eric Stokes on a deep ball in the fourth quarter, and, well, that was that. The Bears have barely showcased a functional passing offense over two weeks and Mooney has turned that into five targets for four yards. You might be desperate enough to start him one last time against the Texans in Week 3, but expectations should be limited after this start to the season.

Kmet:

Cole Kmet failed to catch his only target in Chicago's Week 2 loss to the Packers.

That makes back-to-back 0/0/1 target lines for Kmet. He dropped a perfectly catchable Fields ball underneath. The leagues where this man retains fantasy value ahead of Week 3's game against the Texans are only spoken of in hushed whispers by commissioners who will make your life miserable.

St. Brown:

Equanimeous St. Brown caught 2-of-4 targets for 39 yards in Chicago's Week 2 loss to Green Bay.

St. Brown has 57 of Chicago's 191 receiving yards this year, narrowly putting him ahead of Dante Pettis for the team lead through two weeks. He's also the only wideout on the team to have positive yardage in each of the team's first two games. The Bears take on the Texans in Week 3. These sentences are all true and it's up to you what you want to do with them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
After Montgomery's success in the running game, they should have gone back to the flea flicker at least one more time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I don't think Matt Nagy ever called a play as dumb as a shotgun sneak on 4th and inches.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:54 am 
1000 CLUB

Augie wrote:
After Montgomery's success in the running game, they should have gone back to the flea flicker at least one more time.

I expected consistent play-action from the Getsy offense. Fields was effective with it last year, and it would certainly benefit an offensive line whose pass blocking has been inconsistent at best. It's confounding that Getsy has used it so infrequently.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Caller Bob wrote:
I don't think Matt Nagy ever called a play as dumb as a shotgun sneak on 4th and inches.

Getsy with the Bears and Hackett in Denver are showing there is no LeFleur coaching tree. It was all LeFleur.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:

The numbers say it's successful 75% of the time. The under center sneak is only good 60% of the time. Fields tiptoes and runs the wrong way.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:58 am 
1000 CLUB

Augie wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Getsy with the Bears and Hackett in Denver are showing there is no LeFleur coaching tree. It was all LeFleur.

LaFleur in Green Bay is showing that there is no LaFleur coaching. It's all Rodgers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:59 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

You are just blocking it out of your memory.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:59 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The numbers say it's successful 75% of the time. The under center sneak is only good 60% of the time. Fields tiptoes and runs the wrong way.

It was a touchdown.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:04 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It was a touchdown.

I agree

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I'm sure it has been mentioned but when I watch Fields a lot of it comes down to accuracy. Rodgers hits his passing window 9 out of 10 times. Fields is like 6 out of 10 and that is just not good enough on close or bang bang plays. He also needs to do a better job of learning how to read the pocket. Rodgers is great at anticipating and taking off. Fields waits to the very end hoping that something will happen or come open and by that time he just isn't fast or nimble enough to escape most times. The running game looked good but it will continue to look worse if you prove you can't throw.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
T-Bone wrote:
I'm sure it has been mentioned but when I watch Fields a lot of it comes down to accuracy. Rodgers hits his passing window 9 out of 10 times. Fields is like 6 out of 10 and that is just not good enough on close or bang bang plays. He also needs to do a better job of learning how to read the pocket. Rodgers is great at anticipating and taking off. Fields waits to the very end hoping that something will happen or come open and by that time he just isn't fast or nimble enough to escape most times. The running game looked good but it will continue to look worse if you prove you can't throw.

its amazing how good your running game will look when you are exclusively running when you are 2 scores down in the 4th quarter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Augie wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

LaFleur in Green Bay is showing that there is no LaFleur coaching. It's all Rodgers.

Yep. Take away Rodgers and the Packers are about as bad as the Bears.. well, maybe their O-line is a bit better.. we’ve already seen how inept they are when Rodgers got dinged last year and the team did a 180 without him.

Last edited by NME on Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:33 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

its amazing how good your running game will look when you are exclusively running when you are 2 scores down in the 4th quarter.

Bears were up 7-3 at the end of 1Q and running at will

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:39 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
There doesn't appear to be a single passing play that Fields can execute effectively and consistently.

There really doesn’t. I’m about as disappointed as I’ve ever been with this too, I thought this kid was going to be great at the next level. Easily my worst prediction of success on a player I was so high on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
NME wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

There really doesn’t. I’m about as disappointed as I’ve ever been with this too, I thought this kid was going to be great at the next level. Easily my worst prediction of success on a player I was so high on.

I keep going back to the Mike Martz comment. There isn't one aspect of QB play that you can say he does well. This doesn't look good. All we can hope is that there's a quick hook here and he's not the starter next season.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:56 am 
1000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Yeah, mine too. I gotta give credit to BRogue and Jawbreaker. They saw it all along, and it looks like they were right.

I'm still willing to see if Fields can improve as the season progresses, but he's going to have to make a giant leap to convince me that the Bears don't need to draft a QB in the first round next year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:57 am 

At the end of the day, isn't the most damning thing about Fields is that the GM most in love with him at the time, was Ryan Pace?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:59 am 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
At the end of the day, isn't the most damning thing about Fields is that the GM most in love with him at the time, was Ryan Pace?

Also worth noting is that the CFMB poster highest on Fields was Favre Fan. If that's not the kiss of death, I don't know what is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The guy was considered right there with Lawrence during his college years. Was going to be an early first round pick regardless. If he sucks, he sucks, but again he was a highly touted prospect. If he ends up sucking maybe it means you think long and hard before drafting QBs from that program.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:08 am 

Right there with Lawrence, until draft day when 10 other teams decided they would rather have someone else and countless others decided against trading up to grab him as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:09 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
The guy was considered right there with Lawrence during his college years. Was going to be an early first round pick regardless. If he sucks, he sucks, but again he was a highly touted prospect. If he ends up sucking maybe it means you think long and hard before drafting QBs from that program.

If you Texas Tech them, you ignore a Mahomes in the future.

Mac Jones appears to be the best quarterback in that draft. He's a replacement level starter. That makes the Fields miss easier to swallow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:11 am 

The Jets and 49ers decided they would rather have a different quarterback than Fields(though looks like those QBs suck too)....the Falcons needed a replacement for Ryan and passed, Detroit, Carolina and Denver really needed a QB at the time too, and they passed...doesn't anyone really think Ryan Pace pulled wool over these GM's eyes?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:16 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
The Jets and 49ers decided they would rather have a different quarterback than Fields(though looks like those QBs suck too)....the Falcons needed a replacement for Ryan and passed, Detroit, Carolina and Denver really needed a QB at the time too, and they passed...doesn't anyone really think Ryan Pace pulled wool over these GM's eyes?

Every team passed on Brady and Montana multiple times. Every team passed on Brees. MANY teams passed on Mahomes and Rodgers.

Fuck what the experts are saying. Trust your own eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Throws the football like a baseball, slides like he's going into 2nd base. He's a fundamentally sound baseball player.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Nardi wrote:
Throws the football like a baseball, slides like he's going into 2nd base. He's a fundamentally sound baseball player.

bring Larussa in ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
good dolphin wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Bears were up 7-3 at the end of 1Q and running at will

That's what boggled the mind. Keep it up, then go to play-action. The random/schizo play-calling was Nagy-esque.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I am now a Doubting Fields.

I'll still give him some games this year to prove it, but I currently do not have high hopes.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 146  Next