It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I don't know why the Bears are interested in winning. They should be interested in developing their QB. Handing off the ball 8 times in a row doesn't accomplish anything. I don't care if they're averaging 11 yds a pop. It still accomplishes nothing. Fields should be slinging it 35 times a game. Period.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Nardi wrote:
I don't know why the Bears are interested in winning. They should be interested in developing their QB. Handing off the ball 8 times in a row doesn't accomplish anything. I don't care if they're averaging 11 yds a pop. It still accomplishes nothing. Fields should be slinging it 35 times a game. Period.

That assumes the coaching staff likes him and don't think he is "Mitch" Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:

The Bears are trying to figure out what they have all around.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:23 am 

Nardi wrote:

you are looking at it from a fans perspective. you are never going to convince a head coach to do things this way. They are focused on winning games. I agree with you, but it is never going to work this way.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
Nardi wrote:

you are looking at it from a fans perspective. you are never going to convince a head coach to do things this way. They are focused on winning games. I agree with you, but it is never going to work this way.
A winning formula and developing Fields can go hand in hand.

-Rollouts with targets over the middle and an easy dump off option in the flat.
-Use the TEs. I know Kmet sucks, but they have barely targeted the TEs thru the first two games. TEs should be a young QB's best friend.
-Throw it to Mooney on a go route at least once. Hell just throw it to Mooney. What does he have, 3 targets this season? Make an attempt to take the top off the defense.
-Quick slants. Not sure the Bears have even ran one of these much less completed one yet this season.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:32 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Is Fields better or worse than fellow OSU alum and former Bears QB Craig Krenzel?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:33 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nardi wrote:

A winning formula and developing Fields can go hand in hand.

-Rollouts with targets over the middle and an easy dump off option in the flat.
-Use the TEs. I know Kmet sucks, but they have barely targeted the TEs thru the first two games. TEs should be a young QB's best friend.
-Throw it to Mooney on a go route at least once. Hell just throw it to Mooney. What does he have, 3 targets this season? Make an attempt to take the top off the defense.
-Quick slants. Not sure the Bears have even ran one of these much less completed one yet this season.

Agreed and that is what they should be doing. That is a far cry from dropping back and slinging it 35 times a game.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:38 am 
100000 CLUB

Screens and little dump offs are technically still passes but in reality are an extension of the running game. Bears did this with Forte quite often.

So yeah maybe he throws 35-40 times, but 20 of those 'passes' are completed at or behind the line of scrimmage.

It will be interesting to see how Lovie defends Fields this upcoming week. Lovie has had enough terrible QBs on his rosters that he should know exactly how to defend them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tall Midget wrote:
Is Fields better or worse than fellow OSU alum and former Bears QB Craig Krenzel?

I think even Krenzel - today - could get the 2 or 3 inches they needed to make it a one score game last night.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:58 am 

Peyton Manning pretty much sucked his first two years. Baltimore didn't baby Jackson.

It's a travesty if Fields doesn't have at least 350 attempts from here on out. How do you know anything at 14 attempts per game?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nardi wrote:
Peyton Manning pretty much sucked his first two years. Baltimore didn't baby Jackson.

It's a travesty if Fields doesn't have at least 350 attempts from here on out. How do you know anything at 14 attempts per game?

Because they see him in practice every single day for hours ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Nardi wrote:

Wasn't manning top-5 in MVP voting his second year? Im pretty sure the Colts knew what they had in Manning and the Bears know what they have in Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: John's
He simply has no awareness on the football field. This was an unforced error, if he knew his surroundings, no immediate threat of a sack..he needs to dump it off before the line of scrimmage to complete the pass. He's just a low IQ, bad quarterback

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:25 am 
100000 CLUB

It must be really hard to be a Bears fan like rogue where you want the team to succeed, but you also want the quarterback to suck.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
man of few opinions wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Wasn't manning top-5 in MVP voting his second year? Im pretty sure the Colts knew what they had in Manning and the Bears know what they have in Fields.

13-3
26 TD's, 15 INT
90.7 QB rating

Manning was quite good in his 2nd season :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:59 am 

BigW72 wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
Nardi wrote:

13-3
26 TD's, 15 INT
90.7 QB rating

Manning was quite good in his 2nd season :lol:

I should stay out of NFL business.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:20 pm 

I’m not off the wagon yet with Fields (mostly due to his actual talent).. but it’s not looking good. In real time last night watching that throw beyond the line of scrimmage was a huge ‘wtf lol’ moment for me with him.

Look, I know he’s also got nothing around him.. but it’s moments like the one above that you have to 100% question when you see it. His field awareness is getting to the point of off the charts bad. There were moments last season too, where he’d just get desperate and chuck it up without even really knowing where he was throwing the ball that were alarming as well.

The Bears may have really stepped in it too because I’m also not sure Poles got his coaching picks right either. Getsy seems to be clueless on how to put a game plan together, and the defense trots the same old looks out there play after play.. no creativity at all, no real scheming to help guys get free.. it’s just not looking good anywhere for this team.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
It's not that Poles screwed up the coach pick. It's that the Bears screwed up the Poles pick.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:27 pm 

NEXT.... Fields is not the future. Pace has no idea what a good NFL QB looks like. Trade Fields and lets go!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:30 pm 

NME wrote:
I’m not off the wagon yet with Fields (mostly due to his actual talent).. but it’s not looking good. In real time last night watching that throw beyond the line of scrimmage was a huge ‘wtf lol’ moment for me with him.

Look, I know he’s also got nothing around him.. but it’s moments like the one above that you have to 100% question when you see it. His field awareness is getting to the point of off the charts bad. There were moments last season too, where he’d just get desperate and chuck it up without even really knowing where he was throwing the ball that were alarming as well.

The Bears may have really stepped in it too because I’m also not sure Poles got his coaching picks right either. Getsy seems to be clueless on how to put a game plan together, and the defense trots the same old looks out there play after play.. no creativity at all, no real scheming to help guys get free.. it’s just not looking good anywhere for this team.

What talent? He is athletic, but not athletic enough to escape the pocket like K.Murrey. Besides his speed, what does he do to make you think he is talented?

He has no QB skills other then throwing a tight spiral. He's not accurate, can't read a defense and you need to cut the field in half for him to maybe complete a play.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:33 pm 

Juiced wrote:
He's not accurate, can't read a defense and you need to cut the field in half for him to maybe complete a play.

Reminds me of someone...

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:44 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Juiced wrote:
He's not accurate, can't read a defense and you need to cut the field in half for him to maybe complete a play.

Reminds me of someone...

What kind of QB was the turd Glennon that Pace signed before drafting (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? Believe he would fit in this category as well.

You would think Pace would know a thing or two because he has seen a thing or two from Brees.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:47 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:17 pm 

Juiced wrote:
NME wrote:

What talent? He is athletic, but not athletic enough to escape the pocket like K.Murrey. Besides his speed, what does he do to make you think he is talented?

He has no QB skills other then throwing a tight spiral. He's not accurate, can't read a defense and you need to cut the field in half for him to maybe complete a play.

I attribute his lack of accuracy at this level more to his inability to process the game fast enough, it’s mental. He takes far too long to process after the snap and make a decision resulting in him putting too much or too little on passes when he does release them. As for talent, his arm talent is incredible, he’s got plenty of power, can throw from different angles, throws really well on the run and so on.. but right now, he doesn’t have the mental side of the game down at all. He’s a deer in headlights after the snap most of the time.

And I’m not going to try to convince anyone here that this is going to change and that the ‘light’ is going to go on for Fields because.. it ain’t looking good. But the kid has the physical talent both athletically and arm wise to be in the NFL.. but if he can’t capture the mental side of the game, he’s going to have a really short career and all that talent will mean nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Juiced wrote:

NEXT.... Fields is not the future. Pace has no idea what a good NFL QB looks like. Trade Fields and lets go!

Matt Ryan had a banner day yesterday.

Shut out by the fucking Jaguars!!

Carson Wentz threw as MANY TD passes as Matty Ice threw picks>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:42 pm 

It was clear all offseason that Fields was not going to be the quarterback here long term. Every move was made with that in mind.

The only question is why they didn't think they could trade him right away and fleece some team for a third round pick. I guess there is value in the 2023 tryouts happening now having the loose hope of a good season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:58 pm 

Brick wrote:
The only question is why they didn't think they could trade him right away and fleece some team for a third round pick. .

Because Poles is dumb and screwed up the Foles separation too. And the Bears are dumb for hiring a rookie again for the role. He's clearly inept.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:12 pm 

Pretty much that, Poles also botched FA by whiffing on his top 2 FA targets Larry Objababi and Ryan Bates, while he was perusing them other top targets that could have helped the Bears landed elsewhere.

But that doesn't sit well with the narrative here that Poles is the next Bill Polian, building a dynasty here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
But that doesn't sit well with the narrative here that Poles is the next Bill Polian, building a dynasty here.
Who has posted this here about Poles?

The most positive thing I have read about Poles is that he knew the Bears roster and cap situation was bad, so he's trying to clean it up, and people will give him a bit of time on that.

Maybe you read this on the same site that reported 50% of Big Ten athletes have heart issues now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 146  Next