It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

DJ Chark, Russell Gage, and Landry were available. I don't know if Poles targeted them. All are better WRs than what we have. I don't know if what they would think about Fields, but the narrative about Fields was better/different during the summer than it is now.

Two of those guys received 1 year deals. They went to the place they thought would be best for them to receive a multi year deal. Gage went to play for the GOAT. MVS went to play with Mahomes.

Those players wouldn't change who Fields is. At best, they mask his incompetence. I'm not sure they would have done that. He looks lost.

Looking back yes they might not have done much to change present circumstances but at the time the right move is to give your QB actual weapons.

But the Bears had no shot at signing Landry or Gage. And Chark, who I do like, was coming off a major injury. And yet this is one of the main reasons you despise Poles? :lol: OK, whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
In his free time he should hire about 12 people to line up in defensive formations that confuse him and just try to find the right read each down. The more he fails to execute the right throw his manager deducts 100k from Fields' bank and hands it out to random people.

His performance thus far certainly begs the question of what exactly he worked on all offseason. Did he practice anything besides throwing deep routes to Mooney?

They keep showing how Getsy had him change his footwork so that he could get the ball out quicker, but Fields still thinks he's at Ohio State behind and Oline stacked with first round talent, a WR core with top of the first round talent, and against defenses manned by guys who are barely college level talents.

It is becoming evident that Fields may be unable to make the adjustment to the NFL and make the right pre-snap reads, there is a long list of guys that were good college QB's that never were able to make it in the NFL, Justin Fields has a short period of time to adjust if he wants to be a starting NFL QB.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:31 pm 

NASA can hit a comet a billion miles away with a satellite but Fields can't hit a wide open receiver from 30 feet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
good dolphin wrote:
NASA can hit a comet a billion miles away with a satellite but Fields can't hit a wide open receiver from 30 feet

And the Bears didn’t bother to at least interview NASA for the head coaching job.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:

I think his accuracy issues are connected to his lack of confidence.

Interestingly, I've also heard people say recently that he seems to be reading defenses quickly and correctly, but he just doesn't have the confidence to believe in his reads.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
good dolphin wrote:

https://www.theonion.com/somebody-shoul ... 1819583263

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
NME wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

And the Bears didn’t bother to at least interview NASA for the head coaching job.

They didn't get past the phone screen (they didn't state their pronouns)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
vitoscotti wrote:

And for every Josh Allen, there are probably 100 or more with those stats who were busts or lifetime backups.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

And for every Josh Allen, there are probably 100 or more with those stats who were busts or lifetime backups.

Not to mention that Allen threw for almost 3100 yards in his 2nd season and Fields is on pace for under 1700 yards.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Augie wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Not to mention that Allen threw for almost 3100 yards in his 2nd season and Fields is on pace for under 1700 yards.

Josh Allen didn't have Matt Nagy as head coach his first year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
How is Fields doing compared to Mitch at the same point in their career? Stat wise

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:35 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
How is Fields doing compared to Mitch at the same point in their career? Stat wise

Mitch threw for 3200 yards his 2nd year, his 1st year with Nagy. Fields has a tall order to get to that especially after his first 3 games. Their rookie years, Mitch threw for 300 more yards than Fields and had 3 less ints. They both threw for 7 tds as a rookie.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:15 am 

I saw these stats on the Athletic this morning. The coaching staff needs to do a better job with Fields in coaching him up.

Fields is 1-of-9 for 18 yards, one touchdown and an interception against the blitz this season.

And let’s be fair, Fields isn’t the easiest quarterback for a new staff to love — he has the highest off-target pass rate in the NFL at 31.1 percent and there have been a lot of mistakes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
vitoscotti wrote:

Yep. Baby Steps. Very interesting stat comparison.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Jaw Breaker wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Those rushing stats stand out. Not many failures at quarterback could rush like Fields and Allen.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:41 pm 

Fields suuuuuucccckkkksss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:53 pm 

Hey guys the games over and I have news . Justin fields is cock smokin homo who can't play quarterback

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:07 pm 

Pritzker SUCKS oh wait I also mean Justin feels

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
He’ll never have a game like Geno Fucking Smith had today.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Fields is Vince Evans.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Fields is Vince Evans.

:lol: Come on now. Fields is better than Evans. I still don’t think they’re using him right. Don’t get me wrong; he hasn’t been good, but no weapons and I still don’t like the play calling.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:46 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Fields is Vince Evans.

:lol: Come on now. Fields is better than Evans. I still don’t think they’re using him right. Don’t get me wrong; he hasn’t been good, but no weapons and I still don’t like the play calling.

Lmfao full blow resharted fart. Fields is trash. Pure fucking trash.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Fields is Vince Evans.

Evans wasn't that bad, he was just playing in the wrong era. He was fast and had a cannon for an arm, and played for lousy unimaginative coaches.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:51 pm 

Hey breaking news FIELDS SUCKS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Fields is Vince Evans.

Evans wasn't that bad, he was just playing in the wrong era. He was fast and had a cannon for an arm, and played for lousy unimaginative coaches.

Yeah but he had zero touch. Every throw was 100 mph.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

DJ Chark, Russell Gage, and Landry were available. I don't know if Poles targeted them. All are better WRs than what we have. I don't know if what they would think about Fields, but the narrative about Fields was better/different during the summer than it is now.

Two of those guys received 1 year deals. They went to the place they thought would be best for them to receive a multi year deal. Gage went to play for the GOAT. MVS went to play with Mahomes.

Those players wouldn't change who Fields is. At best, they mask his incompetence. I'm not sure they would have done that. He looks lost.

Looking back yes they might not have done much to change present circumstances but at the time the right move is to give your QB actual weapons.

But the Bears had no shot at signing Landry or Gage. And Chark, who I do like, was coming off a major injury. And yet this is one of the main reasons you despise Poles? :lol: OK, whatever.

I don't know why it's so hard to accept that the lack of playmakers is on Poles. I've forgotten by now the granular details of who the Bears talked with but I do know Poles deliberately did not prioritize the "first wave" of free agents which is negligence in my view. I know you previously suggested Fields didn't need top-shelf playmakers because he could make things happen with his legs. Perhaps you're reconsidering that now. Chark while coming off an injury is still miles ahead of whoever Poles selected from the discount rack and placed in front of Fields (and I know he's actually injured this week, I don't care). You need WRs who can help a young QB out just by being a being target and being able to win 50/50 balls. Fields has none of that. While I don't think having Chark or anyone else would have changed history so far, having better weapons would have definitely made things slightly easier on Fields.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The rebuild by Poles is not a one year project. He cleared massive cap space. No reason to waste it while this team is not ready to compete.

It sucks, but the franchise lacked offensive talent and draft picks. I will judge the GM at the end of year three.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
denisdman wrote:
The rebuild by Poles is not a one year project. He cleared massive cap space. No reason to waste it while this team is not ready to compete.

It sucks, but the franchise lacked offensive talent and draft picks. I will judge the GM at the end of year three.

Well, his draft picks mostly look like shit anyway

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
denisdman wrote:

Couldn't they have signed a few respectable veteran wide receivers to one year deals though?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 146  Next