It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: NCAA Football 2022
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Seacrest wrote:
Wolverines like a hot knife through butta.

My son thought Iowa had a chance at home....poor kid...lots to learn :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Georgia not been looking good lately....not good at all tonight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:20 pm 

Missouri will find a way for Georgia to win.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
RFDC wrote:
Missouri will find a way for Georgia to win.

Based on last week....I would have to agree. Should be interesting the rest of the way.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:59 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
BigW72 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

They had a chance to cut it to a one score game with six minutes left.

I was getting nervous in the 4th quarter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:45 am 

pizza_Place: giordano
lucky i forgot to pop something on stroud +3.5. what a game from miyan tho, 5er, could not be stopped.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:04 am 

Seacrest wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

They had a chance to cut it to a one score game with six minutes left.

I was getting nervous in the 4th quarter.

That game was never in doubt sadly. There were some bad calls in that game that didn't make a lot of sense (and heard the broadcasts even said as such) but when Iowa let Michigan walk down the field on the first drive - that was going to be it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:30 am 

Oklahoma and Texas are going to really like the SEC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:26 am 

Chryst out at Wisconsin.

School hasn't fired a head coach since 1989. This year wasn't going according to plan, but this move seems incredibly reactionary.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:38 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Oklahoma and Texas are going to really like the SEC

Same as the fraud imo that is Jimbo and his Aggies. An occasional surprise and seasons mostly spent in expensive mediocrity.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:48 am 

One Post wrote:
Chryst out at Wisconsin.

School hasn't fired a head coach since 1989. This year wasn't going according to plan, but this move seems incredibly reactionary.

Definitely reactionary but the Badgers were 4-12 against top 25 opponents since 2018. Paul feasted on the bad teams and his teams struggled to win against good teams.

They were 33-19 over that period.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:52 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
One Post wrote:
Chryst out at Wisconsin.

Definitely reactionary but the Badgers were 4-12 against top 25 opponents since 2018. Paul feasted on the bad teams and his teams struggled to win against good teams.

Is Barry Alvarez back yet?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:53 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
One Post wrote:
Chryst out at Wisconsin.

I feel like they picked the right guy to take over and he's going to be there for a while....Jim Leonhard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:55 am 

I hope you're right, I like Leonhard there as well. And unlike Nebraska, Wisconsin is still relevant.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Jim Leonhard definitely looks like a guy you would meet at a Steven's Point Supper Club

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:04 am 

One of the things I remember reading this summer was a piece in the Athletic that complained about the way Chryst recruited the state of Wisconsin. I expect Leonhard to be more apt to looking in the state.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:20 am 

Leonhard was probably leaving this year for a head coaching job in either college or pros so Wisconsin needed to be proactive.

They made the correct choice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:13 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
One Post wrote:
Chryst out at Wisconsin.

I'm sure Wisconsin has had a few similar stretches to that over the past 25 years. It happens.

It was nice to be affiliated with a program that seemed to have reasonable expectations and wasn't reactionary like so many other programs out there. That's all been ripped away.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:14 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
One Post wrote:
Chryst out at Wisconsin.

I feel like they picked the right guy to take over and he's going to be there for a while....Jim Leonhard

Not for nothing, but he's the interim head coach so at best he's guaranteed to be there for 8 more games or something.

Fear of missing out has doomed more programs to backslide/irrelevance than any actual missing out ever has.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:16 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Leonhard was probably leaving this year for a head coaching job in either college or pros so Wisconsin needed to be proactive.

Look, Leonhard has done a great job and deserves to be on the head coach lists that he is on, but his defense has given up almost 100 points in the past two weeks, so lets pump the breaks here on the Badgers just elevating the second coming of Bob Stoops or whoever else we think he might be.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:39 pm 

One Post wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Look, Leonhard has done a great job and deserves to be on the head coach lists that he is on, but his defense has given up almost 100 points in the past two weeks, so lets pump the breaks here on the Badgers just elevating the second coming of Bob Stoops or whoever else we think he might be.

We also know that he told Nebraska he wasn't interested and sounds like he could have been the Packers D-coordinator last year if he wanted the job. I hope he sucks. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:49 pm 

One Post wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't know if he will be good. I do know he was one of the rare guys sought by both college and pros. If they didn't elevate him they were going to lose him. They might have even received word that ASU/something else was going to happen before the end of the season. This was the move to make if Chryst was a goner anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:58 pm 

One Post wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
One Post wrote:
Chryst out at Wisconsin.

I'm sure Wisconsin has had a few similar stretches to that over the past 25 years. It happens.

It was nice to be affiliated with a program that seemed to have reasonable expectations and wasn't reactionary like so many other programs out there. That's all been ripped away.

So what is your bar?

As an Iowa fan, I am sick and tired of the do it the right way, let's get to the bowl season so we can develop the young guys.....It's time to aim higher.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:14 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
One Post wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
One Post wrote:
Chryst out at Wisconsin.

So what is your bar?

As an Iowa fan, I am sick and tired of the do it the right way, let's get to the bowl season so we can develop the young guys.....It's time to aim higher.

Being who we are, Wisconsin football. Run the ball, play a swarming suffocating defense, win the Big 10 once every 5 years or so, run between 9-11 wins essentially every year. That's a really fun entertaining program to be proud of.

If the last 30 years of college football has taught us anything, it's that the college football is littered with schools who have aimed higher and accomplished nothing more than shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm also of the mindset that college football has been ruined by money, and the corporatization of the product over the past 20 years. I'd rather Wisconsin lean away from that, and not lean into it. This firing was not just leaning into it, but sprinting into it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:59 pm 

Colorado just axed their guy as well. Seems like a place that still should be able to draw talent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:02 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Colorado just axed their guy as well. Seems like a place that still should be able to draw talent.

Has Colorado been relevant since Kordell Stewart?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:03 pm 

One Post wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
One Post wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
One Post wrote:
Chryst out at Wisconsin.

So what is your bar?

Being who we are, Wisconsin football. Run the ball, play a swarming suffocating defense, win the Big 10 once every 5 years or so, run between 9-11 wins essentially every year. That's a really fun entertaining program to be proud of.

If the last 30 years of college football has taught us anything, it's that the college football is littered with schools who have aimed higher and accomplished nothing more than shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm also of the mindset that college football has been ruined by money, and the corporatization of the product over the past 20 years. I'd rather Wisconsin lean away from that, and not lean into it. This firing was not just leaning into it, but sprinting into it.

In fairness, college football may be more corporate now but it's nowhere near as sleazy as it used to be with all the payola, 120 scholarships choking out the smaller schools, not to mention all of the people getting fat off of the players.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:06 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Not really, but it's a cool school/campus that should be attractive to kids and their parents and can win 8 games a year. They've gotta be sick looking at the relative success at Utah.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:51 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Not really, but it's a cool school/campus that should be attractive to kids and their parents and can win 8 games a year. They've gotta be sick looking at the relative success at Utah.

Uh, Utah and Kyle Whittingham is the poster child for why you don't fire Chryst in a reactionary manner. That's the same model that I thought Wisconsin was adhering to. Develop a program with an identity and a stable coaching staff. Know that you might have a few 1-3 year dips in there but the long term prospects of not turning the thing over every 5 years far outstrips the fear of missing out on the next hot head coach or whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:10 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Nope - the move to the Pac 10 set them backwards. Changed their recruiting landscape and they went backwards in a hurry. Two bowl games since 2007 (one in the COVID year). Wow - it's worse than I even thought.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next