It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Augie wrote:
Go to 5:45 to start the Fields critique from July. Leila really pushes back on people saying that Fields doesn't have enough feel for the game. The irony is that the Bears passing game is worse this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d22jOsdwXNw

whoever the guys are that little Danny is quoting during that were dead nuts 100% spot on in their evaluation of him. Of course Liela pushed back against any criticism of him, that was the narrative back then and is in large part still . Can’t imagine why. Probably for the same reason Jason Heyward wasnt killing grandmas but Anthony Rizzo was and despite one of the worst performances a big money free agent has ever signed in Chicago he largely got a pass from the media. I guess I could be imagining that though .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Jesus, just put Siemien for a bit..

There is absolutely no reason to put him in unless Fields gets hurt.

You play the kid all year. The worst that happens is you have an awful year and get a top 3-5 pick.

And there you have it.

Common sense on a sun splashed Autumn afternoon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
:lol: they think Fields should be ranked higher than Trevor Lawrence and Jared Goff....both those QB's have put up huge numbers this year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
:lol: they think Fields should be ranked higher than Trevor Lawrence and Jared Goff....both those QB's have put up huge numbers this year.

The clip in 2 months old. Trevor Lawrence isn't good. In fact, he's fortunate the quarterbacks drafted after him have sucked. Mac Jones is the best quarterback in that class. He's a replacement level starter.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
badrogue17 wrote:
Augie wrote:
Go to 5:45 to start the Fields critique from July. Leila really pushes back on people saying that Fields doesn't have enough feel for the game. The irony is that the Bears passing game is worse this year.

whoever the guys are that little Danny is quoting during that were dead nuts 100% spot on in their evaluation of him. Of course Liela pushed back against any criticism of him, that was the narrative back then and is in large part still . Can’t imagine why. Probably for the same reason Jason Heyward wasnt killing grandmas but Anthony Rizzo was and despite one of the worst performances a big money free agent has ever signed in Chicago he largely got a pass from the media. I guess I could be imagining that though .

you sure expend a lot of mental energy thinking about black guys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The clip in 2 months old. Trevor Lawrence isn't good. In fact, he's fortunate the quarterbacks drafted after him have sucked. Mac Jones is the best quarterback in that class. He's a replacement level starter.

Nobody would take mac jones over T.L.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The same people who had him as a can't miss superstar?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:10 pm 

Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Trevor has been pretty good this year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:11 pm 

Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He's having a good year, he's looking like a franchise QB progressing from year 1 to 2.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

He turned the ball over 5 times yesterday. Even Justin Fields has avoided that level of incompetence.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hussra wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Augie wrote:

you sure expend a lot of mental energy thinking about black guys

White supremacy is the greatest threat to our nation . I have a lot to atone for.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:15 pm 

Nas wrote:
He turned the ball over 5 times yesterday. Even Justin Fields has avoided that level of incompetence.

That can be corrected. TL has 8 TD's to 2 Int's on the year, it looks like he understands the concept of a modern NFL passing game...we all would kill for Fields to have those numbers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

That can be corrected. TL has 8 TD's to 2 Int's on the year, it looks like he understands the concept of a modern NFL passing game...we all would kill for Fields to have those numbers.

He had 2 good games. He sucked more than Fields in the other 2. Three touchdowns and 6 turnovers isn't good

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:19 pm 

2 good games > zero good games

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Nas wrote:

So if you were offered Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields to start a franchise, you'd take Fields? Or Mac Jones?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Zappe looked like he had potential yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:21 pm 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

He had 2 good games. He sucked more than Fields in the other 2. Three touchdowns and 6 turnovers isn't good

the old "if you take away all the good stuff he is terrible" argument.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:

Yeah, for 2 players you were sure would be great. Neither will be. One may be out of the league by 2025.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:22 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

Great coaching, great organization

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

man of few opinions wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

No, it's a basic counter to "he's been great" posts. My post is factually accurate.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:23 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

I can't remember what small-time university Zappe came from but they mentioned his stats from last year and my son and I looked at each other like "those numbers cant be real, can they?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:24 pm 

Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

Yeah, for 2 players you were sure would be great. Neither will be. One may be out of the league by 2025.

I never thought fields would be great, I still believe mac jones sucks.. I thought TL had the best chance to be great..still do. Now he has weapons, I like the Rbs and WRs.. If he doesn't continue to improve then I'll agree I was wrong..we should know by next year..but I see improvement already.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:24 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

No, it's a basic counter to "he's been great" posts. My post is factually accurate.

so would you take Mac Jones or Justin Fields over him if you had to re-draft right now?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:25 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

I can't remember what small-time university Zappe came from but they mentioned his stats from last year and my son and I looked at each other like "those numbers cant be real, can they?"

Western Kentucky?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

So if you were offered Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields to start a franchise, you'd take Fields? Or Mac Jones?

I wouldn't allow Fields to enter my building. Mac Jones has been the best quarterback in that class. I'm not sure if that'll be true forever. I'm fairly confident Lawrence will never be a superstar.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

so would you take Mac Jones or Justin Fields over him if you had to re-draft right now?

If I had to pick a quarterback to win a game or I would die, I would take Mac Jones today. I would never select Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:27 pm 

So you would take Mac Jones over Trevor Lawrence to lead your team? based on what you know now, that's your guy? Its fine if it is, none of us know for sure, that's just a surprising take.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:

Caller Bob wrote:
I would have acquired and signed Tyreek Hill!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:28 pm 

312player wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Western Kentucky?

yeah that may have been it, but the numbers were so ridiculous it was hard to believe. I think the announcers said every snap he took there was shotgun.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Western Kentucky?

Yes, after playing NAIA for a few years, at Houston Baptist

https://wkusports.com/sports/football/r ... zappe/3897

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 146  Next