It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
man of few opinions wrote:
So you would take Mac Jones over Trevor Lawrence to lead your team? based on what you know now, that's your guy? Its fine if it is, none of us know for sure, that's just a surprising take.

I'm not sure how clearer I can write it. Mac Jones has been the best quarterback in his class. I'm not sure if that will always be true. If I had a game to win TODAY, I am taking Mac Jones.

I'm not positive Justin Fields will be in the league in 5 years. I have no use for him as my quarterback. I'm fairly confident Lawrence won't be a star. He's going to be a starter. He's fortunate a Mahomes wasn't drafted after him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas wrote:
So you would take Mac Jones over Trevor Lawrence to lead your team? based on what you know now, that's your guy? Its fine if it is, none of us know for sure, that's just a surprising take.

I'm not sure how clearer I can write it. Mac Jones has been the best quarterback in his class.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Well you haven't answered the question even once, but your tap dance around an answer is impressive. If you had to draft a QB to lead your team into the future right now, would you choose Mac Jones or Trevor Lawrence? I honestly only barely give a shit one way or the other, but you sound like you think Mac Jones is better than Trevor Lawrence and now I am just curious.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm not sure how clearer I can write it. Mac Jones has been the best quarterback in his class.

Even after missing multiple games, and playing in hurricane winds, Mac Jones has more passing yards, more touchdowns and fewer turnovers. Trevor Lawrence has Fabio hair. That's probably good for something.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

Well you haven't answered the question even once, but your tap dance around an answer is impressive. If you had to draft a QB to lead your team into the future right now, would you choose Mac Jones or Trevor Lawrence? I honestly only barely give a shit one way or the other, but you sound like you think Mac Jones is better than Trevor Lawrence and now I am just curious.

I would draft Mac Jones. His floor is significantly higher, and I think he has winning intangibles. I thought Trevor Lawrence was overrated years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:41 pm 

OK, great, glad we have that sorted out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Still think we need around 25 starts. Less than halfway there.
I don't think we need that many. If we don't see major improvements in his game by about Halloween next season, it might be time to pull the pin on Fields.
This was December 2021. I'll stand by it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

Why would you take Lawrence? Because of the natural talent that he and Fields has?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Trevor Lawrence's ceiling is Kirk Cousins.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:06 pm 

Nas wrote:

Why would you take Lawrence? Because of the natural talent that he and Fields has?

I never said I would. I just found it funny how you were avoiding the question. But if you are asking me now I would take Lawrence because I think he is starting to flash some upside this year, yesterdays fumble-fest notwithstanding.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Nas wrote:

I never said I would. I just found it funny how you were avoiding the question. But if you are asking me now I would take Lawrence because I think he is starting to flash some upside this year, yesterdays fumble-fest notwithstanding.

I have zero doubt that Trevor Lawrence will emerge as the best QB in that class, and it won't be a debate. Nas, one of us will bump this thread by the end of this season. I'm looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

I could deduce from your initial reply that you believed Lawrence would be great. Similar to the way MANY feel about Fields. I was just pointing out things that were currently factual. I wasn't looking to draft a quarterback. I don't think any of them are franchise guys.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:29 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I could deduce from your initial reply that you believed Lawrence would be great. Similar to the way MANY feel about Fields. I was just pointing out things that were currently factual. I wasn't looking to draft a quarterback. I don't think any of them are franchise guys.

I'm not sure about great at this point but he has a better chance than any of the others in his class. I think his floor is good NFL QB.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

I have zero doubt that Trevor Lawrence will emerge as the best QB in that class, and it won't be a debate. Nas, one of us will bump this thread by the end of this season. I'm looking forward to it.

It shouldn't currently be a debate based on the Lawrence hype. The fact that Jones has been easily the best quarterback should concern everyone.

If Mac Jones is still better than Lawrence while missing a 1/3 of the season, it should concern you even more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm not sure about great at this point but he has a better chance than any of the others in his class. I think his floor is good NFL QB.

I don't doubt he's a starting quarterback. You want a little bit more than Baker Mayfield when drafting #1.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
What QB wouldn't be intimidated playing at Giants Stadium for the first time at age 23?

Has he played great? No, but at the same time we're being hard on a guy here who's still learning and has had to deal with poor o-line play that has had him running for his life.

So far he has managed not to get injured, even though he's already taken some good shots, including one to the head in the last game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

Few quarterbacks not in the Manning family were groomed the way Fields was at a young age.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

better than Cousins or Carr?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

Augie wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't think that good. I believe Cousins and Carr are really good quarterbacks. Cousins is an overpaid loser, though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:39 pm 

That may be true about baker mayfield BUT getting a long-term starting QB at #1 without trading up to get him is a win. In most cases the team makes the QB, not the other way around. As long as the QB is competent and displays good leadership and keeps the franchise from constantly wasting draft choices to get “the one” over and over.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

That may be true about baker mayfield BUT getting a long-term starting QB at #1 without trading up to get him is a win. In most cases the team makes the QB, not the other way around. As long as the QB is competent and displays good leadership and keeps the franchise from constantly wasting draft choices to get “the one” over and over.

Yeah, they could be the 49ers. That Lance pick should get someone fired.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:45 pm 

I think Mac jones and Lawrence have a good future. But if the measuring stick is always going to be Mahomes for these guys a lot of teams will be disappointed. And teams trading up, blowing draft picks chasing the holy grail are fools I think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:49 pm 

Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

It shouldn't currently be a debate based on the Lawrence hype. The fact that Jones has been easily the best quarterback should concern everyone.

If Mac Jones is still better than Lawrence while missing a 1/3 of the season, it should concern you even more.

The only QB in question that I have any real interest in is Fields (for obvious reasons). I just happen to believe that TL will be good and that Mac will never be more than adequate.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:

That Lance pick is nowhere remotely close to being as bad as the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky pick. Lance has 4 career starts under his belt, we don't know what he is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Mac Jones may be available based on what I saw with that third stringer who threw for 62 TD’s in one college season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

The only QB in question that I have any real interest in is Fields (for obvious reasons). I just happen to believe that TL will be good and that Mac will never be more than adequate.

You should be concerned about Love. Rodgers is going to retire after next year. The quarterback gods have been very good to you, but it's unreasonable to expect it to happen again. You're going to have some Bear quarterback years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:56 pm 

Augie wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Floor is as good as both, but I think he'll end up better. If not he'll be considered a disappointment.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Nas wrote:

That Lance pick is nowhere remotely close to being as bad as the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky pick. Lance has 4 career starts under his belt, we don't know what he is.

You're insane. The Bears gave up a 3rd for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. They gave up even more for Fields. The 49ers gave up 3 first round picks for a kid who looked years away before his injury. Trey Lance would be lucky to have the career (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had in Chicago. He may not have the career Fields has had.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:01 pm 

Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

You should be concerned about Love. Rodgers is going to retire after next year. The quarterback gods have been very good to you, but it's unreasonable to expect it to happen again. You're going to have some Bear quarterback years.
Love seems to be more of a concern to Bears fans for some reason. I honestly don't give him a thought outside of pre-season. I also have confidence that the Packers will move on from him if they think he can't play.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Love seems to be more of a concern to Bears fans for some reason. I honestly don't give him a thought outside of pre-season. I also have confidence that the Packers will move on from him if they think he can't play.

It warms our heart to know that you don't have an adequate replacement for Rodgers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 146  Next