It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
That may be true about baker mayfield BUT getting a long-term starting QB at #1 without trading up to get him is a win. In most cases the team makes the QB, not the other way around. As long as the QB is competent and displays good leadership and keeps the franchise from constantly wasting draft choices to get “the one” over and over.

Yeah, they could be the 49ers. That Lance pick should get someone fired.

That Lance pick is nowhere remotely close to being as bad as the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky pick. Lance has 4 career starts under his belt, we don't know what he is.

You're insane. The Bears gave up a 3rd for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. They gave up even more for Fields. The 49ers gave up 3 first round picks for a kid who looked years away before his injury. Trey Lance would be lucky to have the career (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had in Chicago. He may not have the career Fields has had.

We gave up a 2nd, 3rd and 4th to move up ONE spot for that chump. SF moved up from 30th to draft 3rd.. gave up 2 firsts and a third.. I think Lance will be good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
I have zero doubt that Trevor Lawrence will emerge as the best QB in that class, and it won't be a debate. Nas, one of us will bump this thread by the end of this season. I'm looking forward to it.

It shouldn't currently be a debate based on the Lawrence hype. The fact that Jones has been easily the best quarterback should concern everyone.

If Mac Jones is still better than Lawrence while missing a 1/3 of the season, it should concern you even more.

The only QB in question that I have any real interest in is Fields (for obvious reasons). I just happen to believe that TL will be good and that Mac will never be more than adequate.

You should be concerned about Love. Rodgers is going to retire after next year. The quarterback gods have been very good to you, but it's unreasonable to expect it to happen again. You're going to have some Bear quarterback years.
Love seems to be more of a concern to Bears fans for some reason. I honestly don't give him a thought outside of pre-season. I also have confidence that the Packers will move on from him if they think he can't play.

It warms our heart to know that you don't have an adequate replacement for Rodgers.
Good to see that you've got something to hope for.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
That may be true about baker mayfield BUT getting a long-term starting QB at #1 without trading up to get him is a win. In most cases the team makes the QB, not the other way around. As long as the QB is competent and displays good leadership and keeps the franchise from constantly wasting draft choices to get “the one” over and over.

That Lance pick is nowhere remotely close to being as bad as the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky pick. Lance has 4 career starts under his belt, we don't know what he is.

You're insane. The Bears gave up a 3rd for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. They gave up even more for Fields. The 49ers gave up 3 first round picks for a kid who looked years away before his injury. Trey Lance would be lucky to have the career (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had in Chicago. He may not have the career Fields has had.

We gave up a 2nd, 3rd and 4th to move up ONE spot for that chump. SF moved up from 30th to draft 3rd.. gave up 2 firsts and a third.. I think Lance will be good.

The 49ers had the 12th pick last year.

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2022/05 ... aft-trade/

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers ... n-declined

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Do we know Love can’t possibly succeed with the Packers or is it a “hope” thing from some Bears fans?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Do we know Love can’t possibly succeed with the Packers or is it a “hope” thing from some Bears fans?

Anything can happen, but it doesn't look like competent play is in his future.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's

It's not that the Packers may have struck out on a QB. It's that they chose to squander the last years of Rodgers' prime by choosing Love over guys that could have helped right away, like Tee Higgins, Pittman, Jo Taylor, Trevon Diggs, Winfield, etc. All those guys are pro bowlers or will be soon. Imagine Adams on one side and Higgins/Pittman on the other vs SF last year. Does GB still lose? Does GB need to humiliatingly purchase Watkins from the local dollar store if they had Pittman/Higgins already? Really poor strategy to invest in a QB.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:

It's not that the Packers may have struck out on a QB. It's that they chose to squander the last years of Rodgers' prime by choosing Love over guys that could have helped right away, like Tee Higgins, Pittman, Jo Taylor, Trevon Diggs, Winfield, etc. All those guys are pro bowlers or will be soon. Imagine Adams on one side and Higgins/Pittman on the other vs SF last year. Does GB still lose? Does GB need to humiliatingly purchase Watkins from the local dollar store if they had Pittman/Higgins already? Really poor strategy to invest in a QB.

It's possible they make it to the SB last year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:29 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Yeah I get all that, I am just wondering if we have seen enough of Love to say he’s hopeless. I’m no packers fan but I would find it pretty fucking amazing if Love turned out to be some thing. Imagine if he had a successful 12-or 14-year career on the coattails of Favre and Rodgers. 1992-2035 with only 3 main starting qbs. I’m kind of pulling for the guy to ha e a long successful career just from a historical point of view.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If that does transpire, I hope the Giants embarrass the hell out of him a couple of times in the playoffs just like his predecessors :D

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:43 pm 

It won't happen for Love. Given his front office, by the time he's ready to deliver big results, GB will draft a promising punter over the next Nick Chubb or Jonathan Ogden.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:44 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
If that does transpire, I hope the Giants embarrass the hell out of him a couple of times in the playoffs just like his predecessors :D

LOL that was my ace in the hole!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:39 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Dilfer says Fields is getting better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHZq4pJU-3U&t=234s

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Wanny says this morning Fields not even looking for receivers most of the time. Just trying to survive.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:

The 49ers had the 12th pick last year.

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2022/05 ... aft-trade/

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers ... n-declined

You're right..thought it was after their runner up SB finish. A lot to give up, no doubt.. we won't know about Lance for another 18 months. I liked him a lot coming out. We'll see. Jimmy G is gonecat seasons end, that team is plug n play

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:29 am 

pittmike wrote:
Wanny says this morning Fields not even looking for receivers most of the time. Just trying to survive.

Definitely think that is true on a lot of plays. Instead of being confident in where he is going with the ball, he is worried about the pass rush.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Definitely think that is true on a lot of plays. Instead of being confident in where he is going with the ball, he is worried about the pass rush.

I would be too. It's a fucking jailbreak out there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:43 am 

Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I think that is his point. He has no idea whether Fields is good at reading pass plays. He never has time to find out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
pittmike wrote:
Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I think that is his point. He has no idea whether Fields is good at reading pass plays. He never has time to find out.

Fields fails on plays when he is pressured.

But he also fails on plays when he isn't pressured.

He has a completion rate of 50% or less on balls traveling fewer than 10 yards in the air.

He is an equal opportunity incompetent.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:02 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Fields fails on plays when he is pressured.

But he also fails on plays when he isn't pressured.

He has a completion rate of 50% or less on balls traveling fewer than 10 yards in the air.

He is an equal opportunity incompetent.

When was the last good Ohio St. QB? I would not include Pryor as good.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:04 am 
100000 CLUB

Last game Fields was sacked in 1st and goal. He didn't get sacked because the offensive line sucked at pass blocking. He got sacked because he looked at an open Kmet and decided not to throw the ball to him. A couple of seconds later, he was on the ground.

I'm not sure how good our offensive line is. I can see they're doing well running the ball, especially to the left side. When a play calls for a quick release and Fields holds onto the ball, that's not on them. When Fields looks at multiple open receivers, and doesn't throw the ball, that's not on them. When Olin Mustipher is on his ass in a tenth of a second, that's on them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Tyler Huntley is playing on a one-year deal this year. He looks much closer to being a legitimate NFL QB than Fields does. I'd be interested in signing him in the offseason. Are there other interesting backups we can poach from other teams?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:29 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Tyler Huntley is playing on a one-year deal this year. He looks much closer to being a legitimate NFL QB than Fields does. I'd be interested in signing him in the offseason. Are there other interesting backups we can poach from other teams?

Boilermaker Nas wrote:
Mitch

UMN wrote:
At least in the absence of a stud WR Fields goes through all his progressions

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Franchise QB being afraid of the rush no gouda .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

I like how he played last season. He's a hybrid of a poor man's Lamar Jackson and Jacoby Brissett.

I would sign Jimmy G.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
How much is play design v. Fields being bad? Even bad Josh Allen takes his 3 steps and unloads the ball. Good Josh Allen....same thing...it's usually 3 steps then throw. In both good and bad, there is plenty of situations where Allen is going to get hit...je just stands there and unloads the ball knowing a freight train is coming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGAXQFvwhXY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz_R85G5ejg

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

BigW72 wrote:
How much is play design v. Fields being bad? Even bad Josh Allen takes his 3 steps and unloads the ball. Good Josh Allen....same thing...it's usually 3 steps then throw. In both good and bad, there is plenty of situations where Allen is going to get hit...je just stands there and unloads the ball knowing a freight train is coming.

There is always going to be plays called in a game that the defense is set up to stop.

I think it would be helpful to know how comfortable Fields is with the playbook in order to audible out of these calls.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

There is always going to be plays called in a game that the defense is set up to stop.

I think it would be helpful to know how comfortable Fields is with the playbook in order to audible out of these calls.

Hr checked to a run when Herbert gashed the Texans.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

Trent Dilfer may be the biggest Fields apologist. He says the Jenkins was a problem last game. The film says that was a lie.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/trent-dilf ... 28454.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcspo ... ants%3famp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I like how he played last season. He's a hybrid of a poor man's Lamar Jackson and Jacoby Brissett.

I would sign Jimmy G.

Poles call on QB1 next offseason will get him fired or finally stabilize a position the team has struggled with since Sid Luckman...you would think that eventually the law of averages will allow the team to finally hit on the position.

If Fields isn't the guy it would seem you sign a vet and draft a QB.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:38 am 
1000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I would sign Jimmy G.

Poles call on QB1 next offseason will get him fired or finally stabilize a position the team has struggled with since Sid Luckman...you would think that eventually the law of averages will allow the team to finally hit on the position.

If Fields isn't the guy it would seem you sign a vet and draft a QB.

I'd really like to know Poles' timetable for success. Does he see 2023 as another tank year, or will he be spending freely in free agency? The assumption has been that he is going to spend to the limit next year, but I'm not sure I believe that will be the case. In this vein, I also wonder if he plans to bring Fields back for a third year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 146  Next