It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
How much is play design v. Fields being bad? Even bad Josh Allen takes his 3 steps and unloads the ball. Good Josh Allen....same thing...it's usually 3 steps then throw. In both good and bad, there is plenty of situations where Allen is going to get hit...je just stands there and unloads the ball knowing a freight train is coming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGAXQFvwhXY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz_R85G5ejg

There is always going to be plays called in a game that the defense is set up to stop.

I think it would be helpful to know how comfortable Fields is with the playbook in order to audible out of these calls.

Hr checked to a run when Herbert gashed the Texans.

I missed that game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Tall Midget wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Tyler Huntley is playing on a one-year deal this year. He looks much closer to being a legitimate NFL QB than Fields does. I'd be interested in signing him in the offseason. Are there other interesting backups we can poach from other teams?

I like how he played last season. He's a hybrid of a poor man's Lamar Jackson and Jacoby Brissett.

I would sign Jimmy G.

Poles call on QB1 next offseason will get him fired or finally stabilize a position the team has struggled with since Sid Luckman...you would think that eventually the law of averages will allow the team to finally hit on the position.

If Fields isn't the guy it would seem you sign a vet and draft a QB.

I'd really like to know Poles' timetable for success. Does he see 2023 as another tank year, or will he be spending freely in free agency? The assumption has been that he is going to spend to the limit next year, but I'm not sure I believe that will be the case. In this vein, I also wonder if he plans to bring Fields back for a third year.

The fact that he likely has to take a swing at QB1 will set the team back a year, but it almost seems as if he wants to go into next year with a guy he picked at QB, it seems they made a read early with Fields and realized he was not the guy but decided to ride out this year and take a shot next year at a top FA QB or yet another first round pick.

Even with the significant cap space and draft capital they have that they can fill the holes at QB, WR, DT, DE, LB, C, LT, RT, RG, and TE in one offseason.

Also wondering if maybe Eberflus is a point A guy like Ricky Renteria and they may take a shot at Sean Payton or another top HC once they restock the roster.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Tyler Huntley is playing on a one-year deal this year. He looks much closer to being a legitimate NFL QB than Fields does. I'd be interested in signing him in the offseason. Are there other interesting backups we can poach from other teams?

I like how he played last season. He's a hybrid of a poor man's Lamar Jackson and Jacoby Brissett.

I would sign Jimmy G.

Poles call on QB1 next offseason will get him fired or finally stabilize a position the team has struggled with since Sid Luckman...you would think that eventually the law of averages will allow the team to finally hit on the position.

I'd really like to know Poles' timetable for success. Does he see 2023 as another tank year, or will he be spending freely in free agency? The assumption has been that he is going to spend to the limit next year, but I'm not sure I believe that will be the case. In this vein, I also wonder if he plans to bring Fields back for a third year.

This is fair. Building blocks need to be added in some way next year or Poles will have a major problem.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Clawmaster wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I would sign Jimmy G.

The fact that he likely has to take a swing at QB1 will set the team back a year, but it almost seems as if he wants to go into next year with a guy he picked at QB, it seems they made a read early with Fields and realized he was not the guy but decided to ride out this year and take a shot next year at a top FA QB or yet another first round pick.

Even with the significant cap space and draft capital they have that they can fill the holes at QB, WR, DT, DE, LB, C, LT, RT, RG, and TE in one offseason.

Also wondering if maybe Eberflus is a point A guy like Ricky Renteria and they may take a shot at Sean Payton or another top HC once they restock the roster.

Two problems with that. 1 is that Fields could show progress which might make drafting his replacement more questionable. 2 is that Peyton will be a HC next season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
GM's get to hire at least 2 head coaches. Eberflus is one. His next one is the make or break coach hire, which you want tied to the QB of your dreams. I don't think that QB is Fields.

The Bears operate a bit differently.....usually a longer leash especially when they "like" somebody.
See Phillips, Ted.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
I can't see any way that Getsy keeps his job unless Fields becomes Justin Herbert or Joe Burrows in the next dozen games. Someone is going to have to pay the price after this season and it probably won't be Eberflus or Fields.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:00 am 

Augie wrote:
I can't see any way that Getsy keeps his job unless Fields becomes Justin Herbert or Joe Burrows in the next dozen games. Someone is going to have to pay the price after this season and it probably won't be Eberflus or Fields.

If Fields isn't good then they'll draft a quarterback and maybe Fields gets to play the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky role to start the year before he or she is ready to take over as the starting QB.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:03 am 
100000 CLUB

Augie wrote:

What planet are you on? Getsy wasn't responsible for drafting Fields.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:27 am 

Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:

Great point. How could I have forgotten that? Sorry, Getsy...Let's run it back boys.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:36 am 
100000 CLUB

Augie wrote:
Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:

Great point. How could I have forgotten that? Sorry, Getsy...Let's run it back boys.

This season is the free look period for these guys. Fields will have competition next season or be gone if he continues to suck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Dan Orlovsky was on Kap and Hood this morning. Lots of excuses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:
Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:

This season is the free look period for these guys. Fields will have competition next season or be gone if he continues to suck.

Nah. Fields is the quarterback of the present and the future. The hate directed at him as well as the unreasonable expectations for him are unfair and unbelievable. New GM. New coaching staff. No draft picks to work with. Cutting out dead salaries given under a previous regime. All thing, btw that most bears fans were wanting to see happen. Now it is done and the same people are still pissed off.

I say, that the only "reckoning" directed at the Bear's new order should be a report card after next season. I say that if Fields stays healthy, that next season the Bears will be a 9-7 or 10-6 team. I think that the new coach has a refreshing approach to coaching and accountability for his coaches and his players and I think for himself.

I know this, all of this doom and gloom over a 2-2 record is ridiculous.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:14 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:
Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:

Nah. Fields is the quarterback of the present and the future. The hate directed at him as well as the unreasonable expectations for him are unfair and unbelievable. New GM. New coaching staff. No draft picks to work with. Cutting out dead salaries given under a previous regime. All thing, btw that most bears fans were wanting to see happen. Now it is done and the same people are still pissed off.

I say, that the only "reckoning" directed at the Bear's new order should be a report card after next season. I say that if Fields stays healthy, that next season the Bears will be a 9-7 or 10-6 team. I think that the new coach has a refreshing approach to coaching and accountability for his coaches and his players and I think for himself.

I know this, all of this doom and gloom over a 2-2 record is ridiculous.

Hmmm...the fact that the kid is still not seeing, or if he is seeing not taking, the easy short completions that are showing up on film every week is a concern, his poor footwork which is causing him to miss short throws is also a valid issue.

You are spot on when you bring up the lack of talent, but the lack of talent seems to be a tell because if Poles really thought Fields was the guy he likely at least brings Daniels back and does not take the redshirt off Braxton Jones. You rarely see interior NFL oline guys get physically dominated consistently, they usually rely on sound technique to square up guys and at least slow them down, you do not see that with this Bears team and that makes things incredibly difficult on your QB.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Augie wrote:

Maybe, his plays look good, receivers are open and the run game dominates at times. He will get another year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:21 pm 

Augie wrote:

you mean, until, not unless

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I have more questions about Uberflush and his suspect defensive scheme than I do about Getsy. But I haven't exactly been blown away by Getsy either.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

I don't know what Mustipher does that keeps him employed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

This is a regime that believes Tevin Jenkins, their best offensive lineman since the start of the season, isn't good enough to be a full-time starter.

Let's also keep in mind that the guy they have chosen to split reps with Jenkins, a player they apparently believe may be a foundational piece for their rebuild, has not proven that he is any better than Mustipher.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:30 pm 

PFF has the Bears picking 4th and taking Bryce Young in the 2023 draft for whatever it's worth.

4. CHICAGO BEARS: QB BRYCE YOUNG, ALABAMA
At 6-foot and 194 pounds, Young won’t tick all the boxes physically. When he steps on the field, though, he ticks boxes left and right. He’s already earned a 91.3 overall grade this season without the two top-50 draft picks he lost at receiver from last season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bears are going to win too many games to pick 4th. They will end up 6-11 or 7-10.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
blackhawksfan wrote:
Dan Orlovsky was on Kap and Hood this morning. Lots of excuses.

Last time he said something negative about Fields ESPN almost fired him so I hope he stayed positive.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

This is a regime that believes Tevin Jenkins, their best offensive lineman since the start of the season, isn't good enough to be a full-time starter.

Let's also keep in mind that the guy they have chosen to split reps with Jenkins, a player they apparently believe may be a foundational piece for their rebuild, has not proven that he is any better than Mustipher.

At least Patrick has an excuse. I can't recall Mustipher making a good play.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:37 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Bears are going to win too many games to pick 4th. They will end up 6-11 or 7-10.

Yep I would expect them to be around pick 10-12 or probably one pick after the best player in the draft is taken

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Only if Fields gets a lot better. He shows no signs that he can do so.

I think this is a 5-win team at best, but it's most likely a 4-win team.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

Augie wrote:
PFF has the Bears picking 4th and taking Bryce Young in the 2023 draft for whatever it's worth.

At 6-foot and 194 pounds, Young won’t tick all the boxes physically. When he steps on the field, though, he ticks boxes left and right. He’s already earned a 91.3 overall grade this season without the two top-50 draft picks he lost at receiver from last season.

No thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:40 pm 

I don't think I want to go back to the first round with a QB. Fields starts next year anyway, so if he suck, they will pick high in 24.

I'm trying to come up with developmental QB I like:

-Clayton Tune, Houston
-Dillon Gabriel, Oklahoma
-Sam Hartman, Wake

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I only see 4 more possible wins for the Bears this year

Redskins October 13th
Falcons Nov 20
Jets Nov 27
Vikings Jan 8 (assuming the Vikings will be checked out by then)

They have a gauntlet of a schedule in December...so maybe they win 1 or 2 more games they have no business winning, but they could easily drop a game on the road against the Jets or Falcons

The Skins game is the last "sure thing" game of the year. I got 6 wins at most for them.

They should be picking 4-7th range

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I don't think I want to go back to the first round with a QB. Fields starts next year anyway, so if he suck, they will pick high in 24.

I'm trying to come up with developmental QB I like:

-Clayton Tune, Houston
-Dillon Gabriel, Oklahoma
-Sam Hartman, Wake

I have a sneaking suspicion that you are correct about the Bears not taking a QB until the 2024 draft.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:
Only if Fields gets a lot better. He shows no signs that he can do so.

I think this is a 5-win team at best, but it's most likely a 4-win team.
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yep I would expect them to be around pick 10-12 or probably one pick after the best player in the draft is taken
Washington, Detroit x2, Jets, Atlanta. There are 2-3 wins in there.
Patriots, Minnesota x2, Dallas. There is one win in there.

They likely aren't beating the Dolphins, Eagles, or Packers. But its the NFL and if the Bears muster up a win against one of those squads, I don't know if I would be necessarily surprised. The Bills are the only team that would shock me if the Bears win.

Even at 5-12 they are still probably picking 7th or 8th.

Its fine, though. Plenty of talent to be had at #9-12, and #40-45. Just DON'T TRADE UP

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:01 pm 

Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:

No thanks!

The talent gap between Alabama and almost everyone else they play is monumental, even Caller Bob throws for 300 yards with the collection of first round picks they have on offense, and we are watching a kid struggle that came from a similar situation. Young would come into an offense significantly less talented than Alabama.

If they suck bad enough to get a top five pick Poles should be looking for the new Ryan Pace and trade down a few slots while picking up an extra high round pick or two, with glaring needs across the board that makes the most sense.

If, and it's a big if, they can significantly rebuild the oline it would seem a smart veteran QB could have success given how well the Bears run the ball.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 146  Next