It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:22 pm 

I think the ratings said it all. The show is just too nice to be a good radio show. Two guys who defend any critical statement they make.

You just can't bat leadoff on a sports radio station and be a sportswriter.

This show feels like the substitute teacher you had in 4th grade who ended up becoming your full time teacher because your teacher either died or had a kid and decided to take the last 2 months of the year off.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
If you want Mike Mulligan & Brian Hanley to be "shock jocks", you'll be disappointed. These two will be the first to admit they're not trying to re-invent the wheel when it comes to morning sports talk radio, but "shock radio" isn't their style and will be foolish to push the envelope in the name of good taste. I like these guys, because they don't insult my intelligence & give Chicago sports fans exactly what "The SCORE" should be doing...GENUINE CHICAGO SPORTS TALK!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
what numbers? Please link or type them if you are talking about them...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

TreyWingo wrote:
I think the ratings said it all. The show is just too nice to be a good radio show. Two guys who defend any critical statement they make.

You just can't bat leadoff on a sports radio station and be a sportswriter.

This show feels like the substitute teacher you had in 4th grade who ended up becoming your full time teacher because your teacher either died or had a kid and decided to take the last 2 months of the year off.

MM barely beat them in the new PPM's

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
TreyWingo wrote:

I assume you are being sarcastic. We've just had the bombastic psychotic in harness, and we saw his ratings.

These guys are listenable and interesting. If somehow in some manner North was more interesting, he made up for it by being unlistenable. Besides poor Vann, I wonder who else is listening to North's podcasts.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:50 pm 

Location: A little town called none of your god-damned business
Yeah, I just don't buy this "too nice to be good" crap. I actually enjoy the ride to work listening to these guys. With all that is going on in the world and in our lives the last thing I need first thing in the morning is some hyped up, paranoid, bull-headed, know it all being a jagoff. I'll take this over just about any Chicago sports talk hosts out there, any day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: ALL
As someone who lives up here in Cheeseland, I have 4 sports radio stations to listen to on my ride to work. If I had to choose only one the one I would take would be Mully and Hanley.

And to let you know, I'm an east coaster, so I go more for the easy listening sportstalk than for the bombast since there is no discussion of my Giants or Mets. Mully and Hanley are a great listen. Thay talk sports and seem to have a good time. Just like all of us do when we're discussing sports at the pub.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
this is not the first time Trey has ripped the show. At least give us some PPM numbers so we have a sense of what you're arguing from...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:59 pm 

WarriorDon wrote:

And to let you know, I'm an east coaster, so I go more for the easy listening sportstalk than for the bombast since there is no discussion of my Giants or Mets. Mully and Hanley are a great listen. Thay talk sports and seem to have a good time. Just like all of us do when we're discussing sports at the pub.

heh, i kinda miss listening to ole' WFAN and WIP when living out on the EC...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:04 pm 

Yeah, the next time I head back to see the kin, there will be no Mad Dog And the Blimp.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:13 pm 

some great rants on that show...

i always find those stations when i make it out there for the holidays.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:17 pm 

Me too!

I believe tou can get apulse on wherever you travel by litening to sports radio.

BTW, Zach, are you a Jersey boy?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:19 pm 

I believe you can get a pulse on wherever you travel by listening to sports radio.

FIXED, I have got to stop typing in the dark!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:38 pm 

WarriorDon wrote:

BTW, Zach, are you a Jersey boy?

heh, no. born in philly and lived in delaware for 8 years. also lived in upstate NY when i was growing up. those years, i was into the mets.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:47 pm 

I'm a nutmegger. Born and raised in CT.

Love the mets. That's the one thing that most of the other guys and gals on this board don't understand.

When they go to school the biggest rivalry is cubs-sox. Where you and I are from we had mets-yanks-sox-phils, giants-jets-pats-eagles, knicks-nets-celts-sixers, rangers-isles-bruins-flyers. It went ALL YEAR LONG.

I almost envy my friends here who are all Bear fans, NAH, my guys got the ring.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:53 pm 

WarriorDon wrote:

Love the mets. That's the one thing that most of the other guys and gals on this board don't understand.

When they go to school the biggest rivalry is cubs-sox. Where you and I are from we had mets-yanks-sox-phils, giants-jets-pats-eagles, knicks-nets-celts-sixers, rangers-isles-bruins-flyers. It went ALL YEAR LONG.

what's interesting is the amount of yankee fans in connecticut, too. hell, when it's football season, it's the whole goddamn eastern seaboard that's against each other. i know eagles fans that hate the jets (could have been the kotite connection)...it's like jets/pats/eagles/giants/ravens(!)/redskins...and there are a bunch of cowboy fans (bandwagoners) in DE too...so it's a real frigging melting pot.

makes the sports bars a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:59 pm 

My little bro is a Pokes fan. He is a fan of every team that I hated.

A little latent hostility?

I love him anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:43 pm 

W_Z wrote:
WarriorDon wrote:

what's interesting is the amount of yankee fans in connecticut, too. hell, when it's football season, it's the whole goddamn eastern seaboard that's against each other. i know eagles fans that hate the jets (could have been the kotite connection)...it's like jets/pats/eagles/giants/ravens(!)/redskins...and there are a bunch of cowboy fans (bandwagoners) in DE too...so it's a real frigging melting pot.

makes the sports bars a lot of fun.

Almost time to pull your card Zack :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:47 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

Almost time to pull your card Zack :wink: :lol:

which one? :wink: