It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: Elon musk
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:

My takeaway from that is Lebron could care less if people are slurring black people on Twitter.

In his own words, he skates over racial slurs. Sad!

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:

My takeaway from that is Lebron could care less if people are slurring black people on Twitter.

It’s why he had it scrubbed off the of his gate of his home so fast before anyone could take a picture of it

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:14 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

It’s why he had it scrubbed off the of his gate of his home so fast before anyone could take a picture of it

Guy is being literally hunted every day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:

Yes, he has more important things to worry about. :king: :king:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Why are people all upset about their blue check mark? Does it matter if you have one or not?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:20 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Why are people all upset about their blue check mark? Does it matter if you have one or not?

the irony is people probably bought their way into a blue check mark, but now that it's elon musk they refuse to pay for it.

it's funny to me that now people are complaining about this potential "fee" for an "upcoming shit show that is twitter". hah. as if twitter hasn't *always* been a shit show. that people were completely fine with being a part of.

i don't know that i buy this happens though. i remember the fake outrage when FB was tabling charging a subscription fee...and that went nowhere.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
W_Z wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

the irony is people probably bought their way into a blue check mark, but now that it's elon musk they refuse to pay for it.

it's funny to me that now people are complaining about this potential "fee" for an "upcoming shit show that is twitter". hah. as if twitter hasn't *always* been a shit show. that people were completely fine with being a part of.

i don't know that i buy this happens though. i remember the fake outrage when FB was tabling charging a subscription fee...and that went nowhere.

It makes sense that they would charge for it. People use those blue checkmarks to gain followers which can translate to $$. Why shouldn't Twitter get a piece since its their platform that acts as the vehicle for these people to monetize.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

shakes wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

It makes sense that they would charge for it. People use those blue checkmarks to gain followers which can translate to $$. Why shouldn't Twitter get a piece since its their platform that acts as the vehicle for these people to monetize.

That would make people with blue checkmarks the product and the customer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
From Ben Thompson:
“Twitter is a very unpleasant product that most people do not want to use, but is extremely appealing and addictive to a small minority with significant personality flaws. This makes it a bad advertising business (not enough scale), but possibly a good subscription business (extremely addictive).”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
From Ben Thompson:
“Twitter is a very unpleasant product that most people do not want to use, but is extremely appealing and addictive to a small minority with significant personality flaws. This makes it a bad advertising business (not enough scale), but possibly a good subscription business (extremely addictive).”

sometimes i wonder if Rick Wilson and Julie should get married, they seem like the perfect Twitter pair

i'll cop to looking at it, but i agree it's like the most awful thing out there

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:51 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
From Ben Thompson:

sometimes i wonder if JORR and Julie should get married, they seem like the perfect Twitter pair

i'll cop to looking at it, but i agree it's like the most awful thing out there

Fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:

He especially doesn't care if the people who are doing the slurring are Communist Chinese.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:12 am 

This is why it's hard to not like Elon Musk. He has basically said "If you are using my service to run a personal brand or business then pay me $20, or $8 a month to do it" and people on twitter got so triggered including politicians who literally spend millions of dollars on ads on cable channels to say "My opponent wants to take away the rights of women to vote".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:22 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
This is why it's hard to not like Elon Musk. He has basically said "If you are using my service to run a personal brand or business then pay me $20, or $8 a month to do it" and people on twitter got so triggered including politicians who literally spend millions of dollars on ads on cable channels to say "My opponent wants to take away the rights of women to vote".

It's not exactly a brilliant business move. Twitter is popular because of those people. Their ad revenue is what it is because of those people. They're the product that Twitter sells to the masses. Otherwise, Twitter is no different from CFMB.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:29 am 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

It's not exactly a brilliant business move. Twitter is popular because of those people. Their ad revenue is what it is because of those people. They're the product that Twitter sells to the masses. Otherwise, Twitter is no different from CFMB.

It's $8 a month. What are the percentage of blue check mark people that can't afford $8 a month? It's not like you or me are even eligible for a blue check mark even if we want it. To get a blue check mark, you have to be "notable". Everyone who has one is building a personal brand online.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:38 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

It's $8 a month. What are the percentage of blue check mark people that can't afford $8 a month? It's not like you or me are even eligible for a blue check mark even if we want it. To get a blue check mark, you have to be "notable". Everyone who has one is building a personal brand online.

It's not about being able to afford $8 or $20. Attempting to charge the very thing that helps you generate ad revenue will likely lead to lower overall revenue.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:46 am 

I don't think many of them will leave because of $8 a month though. Are they going to jump to Truth Social?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:50 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
I don't think many of them will leave because of $8 a month though. Are they going to jump to Truth Social?

They could just use another platform to break news or share their thoughts. They also could go without the blue checkmark.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:35 am 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

It's not about being able to afford $8 or $20. Attempting to charge the very thing that helps you generate ad revenue will likely lead to lower overall revenue.

Welcome to the Republican Party, friend.

Your mail-in ballot is NOT on its way. Because we vote in person on Election Day, as the Good Lord intended.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:42 am 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

They could just use another platform to break news or share their thoughts. They also could go without the blue checkmark.

The other platforms have all been pretty terrible. Even Trump basically has to tweet from pdfs posted to his website with his letterhead on it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:49 am 

Brick wrote:

It’s odd seeing the people big mad about that. Stephen King can still tweet if he wants to, AOC can still tweet if she wants to. Talk about the tempest in a teacup

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:56 am 

Add in $8 for blue checkmark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:01 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

This sounds like a pretty horrible idea but I'm not a billionaire so maybe he knows how to run a business.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:05 am 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

This sounds like a pretty horrible idea but I'm not a billionaire so maybe he knows how to run a business.

He’s just doing it to own the Libs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:07 am 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

it's a horrible idea to make people do work if you're paying them to do work ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:09 am 

Bagels wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

it's a horrible idea to make people do work if you're paying them to do work ?

:lol: yes crazy man!!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:12 am 

I was mostly referring to the idea of just firing 50% of your workforce within a week after taking over especially as you've reportedly pushed a very aggressive schedule for features to be added to twitter.

The better employees will leave if they get to work from home either part of the time or full time so while it's a valid policy it's going to make it very difficult to get things done.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:13 am 

oh, things are gonna get done don't you worry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
personally i hope Musk runs twitter into the ground and it goes away

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 39  Next