It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:05 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
people are a bit euphoric right now with him. give us the moment. most of us realize he still has a lot of work and development to go

I'm riding the wave too.

People dismiss his ability to be a pocket QB. I think he is fully capable of being a traditional QB (in the future) who is elusive in the pocket but not a runner. He won't be Jackson, in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
This three game stretch has been the most exciting offensive football the bears have played in forever. And they’re doing it consistently without gimmicks or fluke plays.

Well I'm not saying what Fields has been doing is a "fluke", but the out-of-nowhere decision to unleash him just let him run wild on designed runs the last few weeks is something that will begin to be defensed against, especially after this game. Defenses will adjust and he will have games where he will be forced to drop back and throw. Its fluky only in the sense that the decision to do it was so sudden. And I am not raining on the parade, I think what they have done has been great.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:07 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Not on the ground, not even close.

Mitch couldn't even keep the Steelers starting job. You can remove his penis from your mouth. Mitch will likely hang around the league as a backup for another 6+ years and make millions. He's married and (I think?) has a kid on the way. He will be fine.

What I've said is factual. What you're saying is emotional stubbornness.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:09 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
people are a bit euphoric right now with him. give us the moment. most of us realize he still has a lot of work and development to go

I'm riding the wave too.

People dismiss his ability to be a pocket QB. I think he is fully capable of being a traditional QB (in the future) who is elusive in the pocket but not a runner. He won't be Jackson, in the future.

I think he can be an updated version of Jackson. The accuracy issue is holding him back. He has to fix his mechanics in order to fix that problem. I no longer doubt his ability to so that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
This three game stretch has been the most exciting offensive football the bears have played in forever. And they’re doing it consistently without gimmicks or fluke plays.

Nothing compares to MVP Grossman's first 6 games in the Super Bowl season.

You mean his last 6? His first 6 had plenty of classic Bears’ QB play.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:13 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

No, his first 6 games. I think you're remembering it wrong. Arizona exposed him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:19 am 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

No, his first 6 games. I think you're remembering it wrong. Arizona exposed him.

Yeah I just looked and you’re correct.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I don't think anyone could possibly be a Mitch supporter at this point. His numbers are interesting though to compare with Fields' development at stretches. Mitch use to regularly throw into double & triple converage which Fields does less frequently. Mitch was never allowed to run as freely as Fields. Mitch had a lot of potential interceptions dropped by butterfingers defensive backs. Weird about Mitch coaches incrementally lost faith in him even when his numbers were decent. Once the coaches lost all confidence in him it was strictly short dink & doink passes. I don't think Mitch ever read defenses like Fields appears to be grasping or ever had as high a ceiling potential as Fields. Fields needs to get better in the redzone and have bigger passing yardage days and pare off some on the running yards to lead the next hopefully soon Bears run as a competitive team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

Fields has a bigger arm, is more naturally gifted, and his draft class hasn't been good. If Davis Mills or Mac Jones were performing like Mahomes or Watson, Fields would have been run out of town after Week 4. He's been fortunate, and he has good coaches.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'm riding the wave too.

I think he can be an updated version of Jackson. The accuracy issue is holding him back. He has to fix his mechanics in order to fix that problem. I no longer doubt his ability to so that.

What "mechanics" need to be fixed? Mechanics are physical things. What is the matter with his delivery of the football? I don't see any mechanical problems. I see where his inexperience comes into play. Maybe his pocket presence needs improvement, but that isn't a mechanical problem.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'm riding the wave too.

What "mechanics" need to be fixed? Mechanics are physical things. What is the matter with his delivery of the football? I don't see any mechanical problems. I see where his inexperience comes into play. Maybe his pocket presence needs improvement, but that isn't a mechanical problem.

I don't know. He still winds up from time to time like he's on the mound when he wants to put a little extra on it, but don't they all?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Thought early on that if Getsy unlocks Fields that he will not be here long, starting to see articles talking about Getsy getting HC looks.

If the dude brings the offense from bottom 10 to top 10 with this level of talent it will be one of the best assistant coaching jobs in NFL history, kinda cements Nagy's legacy as a bumbling idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:51 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Welcome to Green Bay, Luke Getsy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Slow down, the Bears are like 19th in total offense(PPG) got a ways to go.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Clawmaster wrote:
Thought early on that if Getsy unlocks Fields that he will not be here long, starting to see articles talking about Getsy getting HC looks.

If the dude brings the offense from bottom 10 to top 10 with this level of talent it will be one of the best assistant coaching jobs in NFL history, kinda cements Nagy's legacy as a bumbling idiot.

The sad truth is Getsy did the same thing Nagy did for the first 4-5 games: make fields a traditional pocket passer. If I'm evaluating Getsy I'm asking what took him so long. Fields has a long college career and one year of NFL play on tape. Nothing about his abilities is a secret.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

The sad truth is Getsy did the same thing Nagy did for the first 4-5 games: make fields a traditional pocket passer. If I'm evaluating Getsy I'm asking what took him so long. Fields has a long college career and one year of NFL play on tape. Nothing about his abilities is a secret.

Didn’t he just pretty much stay in the pocket and chuck passes to wide-open receivers in college?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:09 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Unlike Nagy, Getsy adjusted when he saw Fields couldn't be Aaron Rodgers/Mahomes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:10 am 

I think the more remarkable thing on his resume is that this team was leading the league in rushing even before Fields was good. He did this with patchwork offensive line, no star at RB and a passing offense that made their running intentions obvious.

I also think running is his preference, just as it was in GB. So anyone who hire him better be ready for traditional football rather than Air Coryell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I have Fields and Lamar Jackson on my fantasy football team. This week Jackson has a bye so the decision is easy, not sure what to do after though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
Didn’t he just pretty much stay in the pocket and chuck passes to wide-open receivers in college?
In 22 games at Ohio State, he ran for 867 yards.......and 15 touchdowns :lol:

If you have the ability, think for a second before you decide to spew all over the board.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Unlike Nagy, Getsy adjusted when he saw Fields couldn't be Aaron Rodgers/Mahomes.

Scoring 7 points at home against the commanders should make the offensive coach question what they hell they are doing. credit to getsy/eberflus for using the mini bye to make changes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
If Fields' typical performance is going to be 150 in the air and 150 on the ground (though I don't believe that's sustainable), will quality WRs want to sign here, since their stats are going to suffer?

Everything seems to lead back to Fields needing to improve his passing production, no matter how much fun he is to watch right now. I went back to the box score to see his QB rating vs the Dolphins, and it was "only" 104, which seemed low given his 3 TDs and no pics. What killed him was the 4.4 ypa, which gets back to the whole question of why pass for 4.4 if your runs are averaging 5 or 6?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
If Fields' typical performance is going to be 150 in the air and 150 on the ground (though I don't believe that's sustainable), will quality WRs want to sign here, since their stats are going to suffer?

Everything seems to lead back to Fields needing to improve his passing production, no matter how much fun he is to watch right now. I went back to the box score to see his QB rating vs the Dolphins, and it was "only" 104, which seemed low given his 3 TDs and no pics. What killed him was the 4.4 ypa, which gets back to the whole question of why pass for 4.4 if your runs are averaging 5 or 6?

The offense scored 32 points. That should be good enough to win.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:32 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Why would you think that Fields can't be Aaron Rodgers or Mahomes in his style of play especially Mahomes?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:49 pm 

I just think that Fields has improved in every game that he has played this season. Maybe his offensive coordinator just had a plan to gradually bring him along? Who knows?

I also think that the upside of Fields is HUGE. I can see him advancing to start dumping the ball off more and more or exploiting when they come up to try and stop the run and Fields exploits the area of the field that they vacate in a try to stop him. I think also that we will see Montgomery and the tight ends being used as safety valves more and more as Fields advances in his development as a quarterback.

One of the quarterback analysts that I watched talking about Fields commented on how some of the great two way quarterbacks like Steve Young and Mahomes look down the field before committing to either run or pass. In other words, they are POINTED with the ball ready to be released up to the last moment. Fields, I think does that very well which places a helluva pressure on the defenders to commit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:12 pm 

its really hard to tell with him right now, but its great that he strung together a few big boy games. hes showing he belongs as a starter, and that wasn't clear last year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
good dolphin wrote:
I think the more remarkable thing on his resume is that this team was leading the league in rushing even before Fields was good. He did this with patchwork offensive line, no star at RB and a passing offense that made their running intentions obvious.

I also think running is his preference, just as it was in GB. So anyone who hire him better be ready for traditional football rather than Air Coryell

We saw Trestman fool people for about six weeks and we saw Nagy fool people for maybe about eight. Are we seeing something similar here, or does everyone think the Bears can do this indefinitely?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:51 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

We saw Trestman fool people for about six weeks and we saw Nagy fool people for maybe about eight. Are we seeing something similar here, or does everyone think the Bears can do this indefinitely?

Maybe longer than indefinitely.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Ron Turner did it the longest. We're eternally optimistic fans. I believe in Getsy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nas wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Ron Turner did it the longest. We're eternally optimistic fans. I believe in Getsy.

Which tenure? The Jeff Graham/Curtis Conway tenure, or the Rex Grossman tenure?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 146  Next