It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Warren Newson wrote:
Nas wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I think the more remarkable thing on his resume is that this team was leading the league in rushing even before Fields was good. He did this with patchwork offensive line, no star at RB and a passing offense that made their running intentions obvious.

I also think running is his preference, just as it was in GB. So anyone who hire him better be ready for traditional football rather than Air Coryell

We saw Trestman fool people for about six weeks and we saw Nagy fool people for maybe about eight. Are we seeing something similar here, or does everyone think the Bears can do this indefinitely?

Ron Turner did it the longest. We're eternally optimistic fans. I believe in Getsy.

Which tenure? The Jeff Graham/Curtis Conway tenure, or the Rex Grossman tenure?

Both. The Kramer tenure was better until he broke his neck.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I think the more remarkable thing on his resume is that this team was leading the league in rushing even before Fields was good. He did this with patchwork offensive line, no star at RB and a passing offense that made their running intentions obvious.

I also think running is his preference, just as it was in GB. So anyone who hire him better be ready for traditional football rather than Air Coryell

We saw Trestman fool people for about six weeks and we saw Nagy fool people for maybe about eight. Are we seeing something similar here, or does everyone think the Bears can do this indefinitely?

You’re on the mark with this. Frank loved Nagy, was convinced the future was bright and was proud to be a Bears fan again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:18 pm 

the current staff has shown a strong tendency to make halftime adjustments. thats something even lovie smith was questionable at, and before that i dont even remember. trestman and nagy if they made any adjustments at half it was always worse.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
IkeSouth wrote:
the current staff has shown a strong tendency to make halftime adjustments. thats something even lovie smith was questionable at, and before that i dont even remember. trestman and nagy if they made any adjustments at half it was always worse.

It’s interesting how halftime adjustments are more valued than initial game plans. “We sucked in the 1st half but played better in the 2nd half and would have won if there were a 5th quarter.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:

Nagy's first 15 plays or so were great for his first year or so. I don't think we've had a Bears team that was able to make offensive and defensive adjustments since Buddy Ryan was here. I have no memory of that season.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:09 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Maybe I'm wrong but isn't the offense Luke Getsy is running now very ineffective come playoff time? The single wing offense or a version of that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Lamar Jackson's playoff experience shows us that you can shut this down come playoff time. What Jackson has always lacked though are big time receivers.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:53 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
blackhawksfan wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong
There is no maybe about it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:10 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong
There is no maybe about it.

You're just jealous because I'm good looking and have a cute butt!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

It’s interesting how halftime adjustments are more valued than initial game plans. “We sucked in the 1st half but played better in the 2nd half and would have won if there were a 5th quarter.”

Last couple of game plans have been good.. He’s a 1st time coordinator with a 1st time head coach on a team with very little talent and he’s showing week to week growth and the ability to adjust his concepts to what little player talent he does have to work with. He’s stepped right in and provided an identity (for now) to an offense that lacked one for years on end.

Of course you’re a Packer fan who’s lucked into back to back HoF QB’s so you either no longer recognize good coaching, or have no clue about it when you do see it.. so I’ll forgive your ignorance here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:51 am 
Site Admin

NME wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Last couple of game plans have been good.. He’s a 1st time coordinator with a 1st time head coach on a team with very little talent and he’s showing week to week growth and the ability to adjust his concepts to what little player talent he does have to work with. He’s stepped right in and provided an identity (for now) to an offense that lacked one for years on end.

Of course you’re a Packer fan who’s lucked into back to back HoF QB’s so you either no longer recognize good coaching, or have no clue about it when you do see it.. so I’ll forgive your ignorance here.

LaFluer and Hackett are thriving without Getsy around. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:04 am 
100000 CLUB

It looks like Getsy did the actual work, while LaFloor put product in his head, and Hackett ate crayons.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
It looks like Getsy did the actual work, while LaFloor put product in his head, and Hackett ate crayons.

Hackett coaches like he was eating lead paint in the coaches offices at Lambeau

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

Hackett coaches like he was eating lead paint in the coaches offices at Lambeau

:lol:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:42 pm 

118 rating late in the 3rd.

His running is opening up receivers. He's throwing well. This is like 4 games in a row now. Future looks bright boys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
IkeSouth wrote:
118 rating late in the 3rd.

His running is opening up receivers. He's throwing well. This is like 4 games in a row now. Future looks bright boys

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
It looks as if the Bears now have a QB that they can build around. This season is all about his development. Rack up a ton of "moral victories" til the end of season and lock up a high draft pick.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The Missing Link wrote:
It looks as if the Bears now have a RB that they can build around.

Fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

Fields has to improve as a passer. He's often late on deciding to throw or inaccurate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:50 pm 

Nas wrote:
Fields has to improve as a passer. He's often late on deciding to throw or inaccurate.

How do you practice that if you're always running?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:33 pm 

Two games in a row with missed opportunities to engineer game winning/tying drives in the last 2 mins of the fourth. Today I think they got 5 yards in the final drive.

Room for growth.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Two games in a row with missed opportunities to engineer game winning/tying drives in the last 2 mins of the fourth. Today I think they got 5 yards in the final drive.

Room for growth.

They were robbed last week on the last drive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:41 pm 

I forgot about that one.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
What I see is a kid that has found a way to put points on the board for 4-5 weeks in a row now. All without the benefit of a competent O-Line or guys at the skill positions.

I don't mind all of the running currently because frankly it's not like he has much to.pass to. If and when they upgrade the talent around him I expect this to change

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
The Missing Link wrote:
What I see is a kid that has found a way to put points on the board for 4-5 weeks in a row now. All without the benefit of a competent O-Line or guys at the skill positions.

I don't mind all of the running currently because frankly it's not like he has much to.pass to. If and when they upgrade the talent around him I expect this to change

Fields just needs to put at least 35 points on the board every week. Then he'll be the guy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Fields just needs to put at least 35 points on the board every week. Then he'll be the guy.

I think you can acknowledge the great things Fields is doing with his legs and still want him to improve in the passing game. It isn't all or nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Nas wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I think you can acknowledge the great things Fields is doing with his legs and still want him to improve in the passing game. It isn't all or nothing.

Oh it is for many.

The Bears have scored 29 points 3 games in a row and have lost every one of them. Would you say Field's passing is the reason they have lost?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:
Nas wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Oh it is for many.

The Bears have scored 29 points 3 games in a row and have lost every one of them. Would you say Field's passing is the reason they have lost?

His interception today didn't help. I don't think Fields has cost the Bears a game. I think his running has made the Bears offense explosive and fun to watch. Being greedy, I also want him to develop as a passer.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:00 pm 

You notice when Fields is forced to stay in the pocket the offensive line becomes "bad" again LOL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:01 pm 

on that last drive, the threat of the run from him or anyone was gone, so the lions easily stopped him from passing. he has a long way to go before hes a pocket passer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 146  Next