It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
blackhawksfan wrote:
I hope Trevor Siemian plays this week so we can see if the offensive line is really as bad as it seems or if it's mostly about the quarterback not getting the ball out quick enough.

I've never seen Siemian play but I'd say that he will probably be killed in that game. Mustipher and whoever plays right guard are maybe the worst two pass blocking players in any offensive line-up in the NFL.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:07 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
blackhawksfan wrote:

Dilfer is annoying with his buckets gimmick.

Even a just ok guest talking 75% of a segment is vastly more listenable than Parkins & Spiegel by themselves (now with only 25% to share).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Rozner never understood how ridiculous he looked with that, as Mccown played another six years, started 38 more times and earned the most money in his career

Yeah, but that was par for Rozner's sports thoughts.

That's the kind of stuff that makes WSCR unlistenable, it used to be the go to place for Bears content, now it's just a bunch of guys reading the Bears section here for original Bears thoughts. Rozner would have been endlessly belittled for his takes when the station actually allowed hosts/callers to bust the balls of the arrogant newspaper goofs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:49 am 

Nas wrote:
We're going to be told Fields was inaccurate because his left shoulder is sore.

At this point he looks like a punch drunk fighter after taking a beating for 10 rounds, expect a few more business decision from Fields during the remaining meaningless games.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
We're going to be told Fields was inaccurate because his left shoulder is sore.

At this point he looks like a punch drunk fighter after taking a beating for 10 rounds, expect a few more business decision from Fields during the remaining meaningless games.

It does kinda look that way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
That shoulder may end his season. It sounds painful.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:09 pm 

It's a bad look Getsy threw Fields to the wolves with a strategy of consistently having Fields take on tacklers head-on to further aid his head coaching aspirations. Would Poles have ok'd the avoidable beating Fields took if he was his guy drafted by him?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:19 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
It's a bad look Getsy threw Fields to the wolves with a strategy of consistently having Fields take on tacklers head-on to further aid his head coaching aspirations. Would Poles have ok'd the avoidable beating Fields took if he was his guy drafted by him?

Well it's not like they could trust him to throw.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Maybe it's less about throwing because it appears he can make most high level NFL throws, unlike a (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky or others who struggle eith completing more difficult throws. It's rather just getting rid of the ball quicker which speaks to a decision making issue.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Maybe it's less about throwing because it appears he can make most high level NFL throws, unlike a (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky or others who struggle eith completing more difficult throws. It's rather just getting rid of the ball quicker which speaks to a decision making issue.

Having the arm to make every throw is different than making every throw. Fields has accuracy issues at every level. MANY of your least favorite Bears quarterbacks didn't have that problem.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Nardi wrote:
Is there anything to the Josh Allen Theory that we've been hearing? Getting hit in the pocket is much worse than getting hit in the open field, where you have the chance to pick and choose how you get hit?

Well we know RBs have a shorter career as do running QBs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:53 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

You have a strange obsession with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky but (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is clearly a better passer than Fields through 2 years and Fields has the benefit of the defense playing the run and caring very little about the pass.

If Fields could make high level NFL throws his passing stats wouldn't be so horrible and the team wouldn't be actively limiting his throws.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:17 pm 

He can make the throws he just can't think fast enough to make the throws so he can't make the throws if that's what you mean

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:30 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Having the arm to make every throw is different than making every throw. Fields has accuracy issues at every level. MANY of your least favorite Bears quarterbacks didn't have that problem.

What quarterback makes every throw? That quarterback doesn't exist and never has. It's ridiculous to say that he has accuracy issues at every level.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:58 pm 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

You have a strange obsession with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky but (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is clearly a better passer than Fields through 2 years and Fields has the benefit of the defense playing the run and caring very little about the pass.

If Fields could make high level NFL throws his passing stats wouldn't be so horrible and the team wouldn't be actively limiting his throws.

You are clearly wrong about (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky versus Fields. First of all, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky started many more games than Fields in his two years as a QB and Fields despite a rough start has a better QB RATING and has scored 20 TDs in 11 games versus (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had 27 in 16 games in his second year along with many less turnovers.

In addition, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has clearly FAILED as a starting quarterback. His QB rating for Pittsburgh is 50 for this season. And he had a better offensive line both in Chicago and Pittsburgh. For the record, also, I thought that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has been badly coached at both places but to say Turbisky is better than Fields is laughable.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:03 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
He can make the throws he just can't think fast enough to make the throws so he can't make the throws if that's what you mean

I don't know about that. He's fast enough on most of his throws. It looks to me that he is afraid to let it go on the intermediate middle of field passes. I think that is understandable for a young qb and when you add the pressure that he faces on the longer routes he probably fears interceptions.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:46 am 

The Hawk wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

You are clearly wrong about (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky versus Fields. First of all, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky started many more games than Fields in his two years as a QB and Fields despite a rough start has a better QB RATING and has scored 20 TDs in 11 games versus (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had 27 in 16 games in his second year along with many less turnovers.

In addition, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has clearly FAILED as a starting quarterback. His QB rating for Pittsburgh is 50 for this season. And he had a better offensive line both in Chicago and Pittsburgh. For the record, also, I thought that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has been badly coached at both places but to say Turbisky is better than Fields is laughable.

We are talking about Fields throwing the ball and you included rushing stats and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky only played 14 games in his second year.

The fact that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky failed doesn't mean Fields can continue to be a poor passer and make it unless he's running for 100 yards a game.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:28 am 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:51 am 
100000 CLUB

There is a chance (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky would have believed Nagy if he had told him there were 2 minutes left in the game every time he touched the ball.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:30 am 

Nas wrote:
There is a chance (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky would have believed Nagy if he had told him there were 2 minutes left in the game every time he touched the ball.

Nagy is right where he belongs, fetching coffee for Andy Reid and holding the tablet at the appropriate height for everyone to see the plays that he had no part in designing or developing while keeping a spot on the bench warm.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:49 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

Nagy is right where he belongs, fetching coffee for Andy Reid and holding the tablet at the appropriate height for everyone to see the plays that he had no part in designing or developing while keeping a spot on the bench warm.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:38 pm 

Brick wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

We are talking about Fields throwing the ball and you included rushing stats and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky only played 14 games in his second year.

The fact that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky failed doesn't mean Fields can continue to be a poor passer and make it unless he's running for 100 yards a game.

Yardage is yardage and TDs are TDs. You just are selectively pulling out the stats that favor your argument and overlook the overall success that Fields has had as an NFL quarterback versus the failure that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is as one.

Frankly I have no idea why you have decided to argue this nonsense that Fields is a poor passer and not being as good as (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky who has already failed as a NFL quarterback. Maybe you are just a guy who would argue that the Sun won't come out tomorrow just to get people to argue with you about it. The entire NFL is talking about what a great find Fields is as a young quarterback and wondering what his ceiling is going to be when they get some weapons to work with and some blockers to protect him. But here you are on a silly mission to try and convince others that he is projecting as a worse quarterback to an already failed Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:01 pm 

The Hawk wrote:

Yardage is yardage and TDs are TDs. You just are selectively pulling out the stats that favor your argument and overlook the overall success that Fields has had as an NFL quarterback versus the failure that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is as one.

Frankly I have no idea why you have decided to argue this nonsense that Fields is a poor passer and not being as good as (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky who has already failed as a NFL quarterback. Maybe you are just a guy who would argue that the Sun won't come out tomorrow just to get people to argue with you about it. The entire NFL is talking about what a great find Fields is as a young quarterback and wondering what his ceiling is going to be when they get some weapons to work with and some blockers to protect him. But here you are on a silly mission to try and convince others that he is projecting as a worse quarterback to an already failed Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Amazing.

He's not going to sustain a career running for 100 yards a game and passing so poorly. He's really bad at passing now.

I am not selectively using stats. I'm using passing stats because his running is not sustainable long term.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Fields never lost to Michigan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:45 pm 

Did I see Michigan is still ranked below Ohio?! How the fuck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
IkeSouth wrote:
Did I see Michigan is still ranked below Ohio?! How the fuck

You do realize they are not updated until tomorrow?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:17 am 

Josh McCown on W & S was upbeat on Fields but brought up the Ohio St QB (in the NFL) stigma. "You always wonder if they can sit back there and get it done."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Mitch was a bitch, he wasn't so soft he would have ran for 75 yards a game..that's why he continues to ride the pine.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:26 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

Mitch, king of the garbage time TD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:26 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

Mitch, king of the garbage time TD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 146  Next