It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 103  Next
 Post subject: Re: STORMWATCH 2022!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: John's
So let's see, the Weather Weanies have called from anywhere from 2 inches(aka the size of Frank's wanker) to 24 inches. LOL, gotta love the profession that is Meteorology, where else can you be so vague and so often wrong and still keep your job.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Caller Bob wrote:
So let's see, the Weather Weanies have called from anywhere from 2 inches(aka the size of Frank's wanker) to 24 inches. LOL, gotta love the profession that is Meteorology, where else can you be so vague and so often wrong and still keep your job.

Gotta agree with you on this CB. They have been way too inexact about what is supposed to happen and are couching their language with words such as "potential" "might" and "could" too much for me. It seems that the only thing that they are sure about is that it will be cold as hell. Which I don't doubt. One of the "pernicious myths" that used to float around is that it is impossible to snow if it is too cold outside. I can't ever remember it snowing when it was brutally cold but according to the gurus there is no such thing as being too cold to snow.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Went to bed with 12-18 forecast Friday, woke up 8-12, and now 5-9.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Caller Bob wrote:

That's because anyone who knows anything about the weather knows snow totals cannot be accurately predicted until 24 hours before it starts falling. What they do is try to give a "heads up" in advance of that small window. Only idiots like you actually hold them to their early estimates.

Even if this comes in on the low side, with the wind and cold it going to be a bad storm. Bob, you should go out driving through the country during it though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:36 pm 

Franky T wrote:
That's because anyone who knows anything about the weather knows snow totals cannot be accurately predicted until 24 hours before it starts falling. What they do is try to give a "heads up" in advance of that small window. Only idiots like you actually hold them to their early estimates.

Even if this comes in on the low side, with the wind and cold it going to be a bad storm. Bob, you should go out driving through the country during it though.

If the snowfall is relatively light everything else will be manageable imo. And I also don't believe that wind gusts can be accurately predicted either. The only thing that I think they can most effectively predict is the temperature that it will be on Friday

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
denisdman wrote:
I use the garage for the Traeger....

I too do my winter smoking in the garage.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:03 pm 

There’s a now routine medical procedure I had scheduled each day this week. I’m going to reschedule the Friday appointment this afternoon. High winds, cold and potentially deep snow vs staying home and not doing something I didn’t want to do anyway.

I hope the Bowl games kick ass Friday!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:03 pm 

I have no doubt it will be windy and cold. As for accumulation predictions, I feel more often than not the under comes in.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:06 pm 

I too had a doctor's appt scheduled for Friday. They just called and asked me to move it to Thursday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Regular Reader wrote:
There’s a now routine medical procedure I had scheduled each day this week. I’m going to reschedule the Friday appointment this afternoon. High winds, cold and potentially deep snow vs staying home and not doing something I didn’t want to do anyway.

My hooker just rescheduled. Goddam weathermen.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:23 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yes their job is incredibly hard, harder than a surgeons, and the weather is 100% unpredictable. Thank you for reminded me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:28 pm 

Quote:
A Chicago snow storm this week is forecast to dump several inches of snow on the area on Thursday and Friday ahead of the Christmas holiday, along with very strong winds and dangerous wind chills.

The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Watch for the entire Chicago area and northwest Indiana.

The alert is in effect from 9 a.m. Thursday until Saturday at 6 a.m. for Kane, Kendall, Grundy, Livingston and McHenry, counties. For the rest of the Chicago area, the alert is in effect from noon Thursday until 6 a.m. Saturday, with the alert starting at 3 p.m. for areas in northwest Indiana.

ABC7 Meteorologist Tracy Butler says western suburbs could start seeing snow in the mid-morning hours Thursday, with the city seeing snow during the afternoon and continuing overnight through Friday.

Butler said high winds may also lead to blizzard-like conditions Thursday night into Friday morning. Wind gusts may be up to 50-60 miles-per-hour, reducing visibility and potentially leading to power outages.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:14 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
So the hurricane largely underwhelmed? Maybe that's why it was called Hurricane Paw

Mostly it couldn't be "seen". Sort of like your viewing of Bulls games.

Was that a hurricane that just stayed out in the ocean and wanted people to notice it instead of going on land?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
hearing some reports from people at work that people are already starting to crazy at the Jewels

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:29 pm 

My advice is to get the maximum amount of toilet paper allowed by store policy for the tripledemic blizzard.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
They always give the worse case forecast because they're scared to be caught with their pants down. I'd say there's an 80% chance we don't "have a doozy".

I'm with Nardi on this. I think they are giving "worst case" projections because they know a ton of people will be traveling on Thursday-Saturday and don't want to get caught with their drawers down

If it hits then they can always do the "don't say I didn't warn you thing" afterwards

Add me to the team Nardi and Link on this. They do this 4-5 times a winter where the world is going to end and only one of them is anything serious.

My snowblower is ready to go and I'll be following Reader to assemble 5 days worth of provisions. This will be a nothing-burger. If it is....at least I'll have plenty of meat and alcohol to enjoy the snow-in. :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
BigW72 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
They always give the worse case forecast because they're scared to be caught with their pants down. I'd say there's an 80% chance we don't "have a doozy".

I'm with Nardi on this. I think they are giving "worst case" projections because they know a ton of people will be traveling on Thursday-Saturday and don't want to get caught with their drawers down

If it hits then they can always do the "don't say I didn't warn you thing" afterwards

Add me to the team Nardi and Link on this. They do this 4-5 times a winter where the world is going to end and only one of them is anything serious.

My snowblower is ready to go and I'll be following Reader to assemble 5 days worth of provisions. This will be a nothing-burger. If it is....at least I'll have plenty of meat and alcohol to enjoy the snow-in. :lol:

Winter Break begins today and I'll be hitting up the stores for provisions tomorrow. Not hosting anything at all so just need to hunker down for a few days and relax.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:00 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
So the hurricane largely underwhelmed? Maybe that's why it was called Hurricane Paw

Was that a hurricane that just stayed out in the ocean and wanted people to notice it instead of going on land?

It was Hurricane Dean and it ended up veering off and striking The Domincan Republic Or Haiti instead as I remember. It was a category 5 though and pretty serious. It just didn't strike Cozumel where I was staying. They had it as a direct hit all the way up until it wasn't.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

It was Hurricane Dean and it ended up veering off and striking The Domincan Republic Or Haiti instead as I remember. It was a category 5 though and pretty serious. It just didn't strike Cozumel where I was staying. They had it as a direct hit all the way up until it wasn't.

I gotta tell ya, I dont know how pissed Id be that I bailed out because they were wrong about a Cat 5 hurricane hitting where I was staying by a day or 2.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:50 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

My hooker just rescheduled. Goddam weathermen.

Now THAT is a tragedy! Better charge up your phone well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:56 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I wasn’t looking to do anything from Friday afternoon until Tuesday anyway so I’m just going to worry about clearing my front steps and walkway. On top of that, something extra I had planned for Thursday was done today. My outside week looks to end tomorrow afternoon. And I may just oven roast the prime rib on Saturday and take some of the burden off of my furnace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:06 pm 

The problem now is in addition to your seasoned meteorologist like Tom Skilling, you now have the Social Media/Bill Paxton-Twister-Wannabe forecasters. Armed with a Social Media page and a degree from the University of Google, they are attention seekers like none other. See the Illinois Storm Chasers Facebook page. They always make outrageous predictions and that walk it back like "You just don't understand! The model shifted!!! It shifted!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This information comes from the government. These guys or apps aren't doing anything special.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
There are two things Caller Bob loves posting about; weather forecasts and penis.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Bagels wrote:
hearing some reports from people at work that people are already starting to crazy at the Jewels

The traffic around Oak Brook mall was easily double that of black friday. All grocery stores appeared to be packed as well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Sounds like one of those hurricanes with all the potential to touch down and wreak havoc but in the end it just sort of causes a light drizzle then fades away.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:43 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Just saw that the density of the snow should be light enough to blow away with a leaf blower.

STOCK UP ON WATER!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Just saw that the density of the snow should be light enough to blow away with a leaf blower.

STOCK UP ON WATER!!!

They predicting faucets to not work ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:18 pm 

The Jewels is crazy. Like day before Thanksgiving crazy maybe worse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:20 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
The Jewels is crazy. Like day before Thanksgiving crazy maybe worse

Why did you go? Storm will be a bust. Wait until Friday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 103  Next