It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Most exciting QB Bears have had in my lifetime

Hopefully he can become a top 10 QB

Ceiling is better version of Lamar Jackson. Floor is Colin Kaepernick/Rookie Vince Young

No love for Jonathan Quinn?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:05 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Ceiling is better version of Lamar Jackson. Floor is Colin Kaepernick/Rookie Vince Young

Excitement level
Fields
Rex
Cutler
Harbaugh
Mitch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Excitement level
Fields
Rex
Cutler
Harbaugh
Mitch

It would be nice nice if even one of that group were better than Jim McMahon who wasnt even that good.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Fields is by far the most exciting. The only other two that had a chance were Cutler (arm strength and some mobility) and Mitch (lots of mobility). Cutler became unlikeable and Mitch was bad.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I couldn't get excited about any of those chumps, it was pretty evident early on they all sucked. Hopefully Fields can change that, he's got a long way to go on improving in the pocket and overall passing the ball.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
That wasn't good today. I'm less excited about Fields now.

While conditions were miserable for both teams, I don't think Fields really wanted to be out there today. That's a problem when you play in Chicago in the cold. Josh Allen made mistakes, too, but he kept playing. That's the difference.

I think the best the Bears can hope for with Fields is for a new dome in Arlington.

Hampton and O'B were ripping the Fields and the Bears coaching staff in the post-game.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Dignified Rube wrote:
That wasn't good today. I'm less excited about Fields now.

While conditions were miserable for both teams, I don't think Fields really wanted to be out there today. That's a problem when you play in Chicago in the cold. Josh Allen made mistakes, too, but he kept playing. That's the difference.

I think the best the Bears can hope for with Fields is for a new dome in Arlington.

Hampton and O'B were ripping the Fields and the Bears coaching staff in the post-game.

It was weather conditions and the fact that Buffalo's defense sees a 10x better version of Fields every day in practice so they know how to defend him. They stopped the only thing he does well which is run because they know how to.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Bears should sell high on Fields this off-season for an extra Arch Manning year first round. Dump Fields on some likely perennial loser going forward like Carolina or New Orleans or Tampa (any team in
the NFC South). Fields will run all over the place for a season or less, get injured, the team will suck and the Bears will own their 1st round pick Arch's year.

If you're going to win playoff games with a running QB, it's going to be in their first few seasons. see colin kaepernick. Mike Vick had his best season his 3rd full season as starter (lost in NFC Championship game). Even Mahomes won it all using his legs as the deciding factor his 2nd year in as starter. Obviously Mahomes is way more than a running QB; but if you watched that Super Bowl playoff run, Mahomes taking off and running is what carried the f@g capital of the world to their first Super Bowl win in nearly half a century. What has AA-Ron won since his 3rd year as starter, when he posted his career best in rushing yards? Jack and shit. Since then, Green Bay dominates an easy NFC North, gets a bye, hosts and maybe wins a playoff game in cold ass northern Wisconsin and then spits the bit in the NFC Championship game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Bears offense hasn't scored more than 20 points in over a month. Outside of the 4 games they scored 29 or more points, they've struggled to score all season.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:26 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Bears offense hasn't scored more than 20 points in over a month. Outside of the 4 games they scored 29 or more points, they've struggled to score all season.

It is almost as if they don't have a lot of talent on offense.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:30 pm 

Nas wrote:

With Herbert, Mooney and Claypool out for some/most of those games I'm fine with that. I mean St Brown is probably the WR1 and he's a great blocker. That should say all we need to know.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

It is almost as if they don't have a lot of talent on offense.

The defense has far less talent, and they compete. Even if you exclude Mooney and Claypool, the Bears offense still has 6 starting caliber players. Seven if you count Herbert.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

With Herbert, Mooney and Claypool out for some/most of those games I'm fine with that. I mean St Brown is probably the WR1 and he's a great blocker. That should say all we need to know.

I'm not expecting an offensive explosion in the passing game, but it's not too much to ask for the offense to fight. It's not like Fields was passing a lot when Mooney and Claypool were healthy. The Bears are still having success running the ball, but they're afraid of the end zone.

Let me be clear, I'm okay with that because I want the draft pick, but it's something Fields and Getsy need to figure out in the offseason.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:47 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm not expecting an offensive explosion in the passing game, but it's not too much to ask for the offense to fight. It's not like Fields was passing a lot when Mooney and Claypool were healthy. The Bears are still having success running the ball, but they're afraid of the end zone.

Let me be clear, I'm okay with that because I want the draft pick, but it's something Fields and Getsy need to figure out in the offseason.

The way to figure it out is to follow the Miami/Cincy/Philly model:

Find QB
Buy QB a WR or two
Stand back and observe

Poles kind of threw bargain bin WRs around Fields this year.

Or he could follow the GB model and spend two picks to draft a backup QB who'll sit for the majority of his rookie contract.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Find QB
Buy QB a WR or two
Stand back and observe

Or he could follow the GB model and spend two picks to draft a backup QB who'll sit for the majority of his rookie contract.

Those options don't exist for the Bears this offseason. There isn't a Ja'Marr Chase or Justin Jefferson in this draft. Also, you aren't trading a first or 2nd pick for any WR except Chase or Jefferson. They aren't available.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:07 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Find QB
Buy QB a WR or two
Stand back and observe

Those options don't exist for the Bears this offseason. There isn't a Ja'Marr Chase or Justin Jefferson in this draft. Also, you aren't trading a first or 2nd pick for any WR except Chase or Jefferson. They aren't available.

The only thing that transforms the offense is explosive pass catchers. Otherwise you're looking at the Baltimore model where they tried to rely on defense and Lamar at first and it didnt go well. Then the defense dropped off and nothing is going well now, the playoff birth notwithstanding (they don't scare anyone). So not sure what the Bears can do on offense except build the line and hope Claypool, Kmet and Mooney develop further.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:08 pm 

There was a lot of smoke around Juedy around the trade deadline. Maybe they look into that since they're not contending next year with Wilson.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

Would the Seahawks include Metcalf in a deal to move up? Keep in mind the receiver position doesn't matter a lot if Fields doesn't develop as a passer and if we can't fill the holes on our offensive line.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:24 pm 

Nas you are familiar enough with this coming years draft class to know there is not a top tier WR available?

I find that hard to believe.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Nas you are familiar enough with this coming years draft class to know there is not a top tier WR available?

I'm not. From what I've read, the studs ate in the 2024 class. You follow college football, what are your thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:36 pm 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I'm not. From what I've read, the studs ate in the 2024 class. You follow college football, what are your thoughts?

I have read that there are no top tier guys too, but I am not sure I buy that. I really like the kid from TCU. I also think one of the guys from Tenn and USC have some real potential.

But I would say there will be at least one if not more that will come on out of this class.

But it would be appropriate for a year where the Bears have picks available for no one to really be there.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:56 pm 

if you take average likely career length + expected jump in salary after their rookie contract, you should build from the lines out: O-Line/D-Line first, LB/CB next, TE's and then WR/RB last

you want the best WRs on their initial contract if possible. Same for QB's. Look at the QB's in the Super Bowl not named Tom Brady in recent years:

Burrow 2nd year v Stafford (Stafford was actually on a somewhat reasonable contract for a veteran franchise QB, 9.5 million base + bonuses totaling $20 mil cap hit?)

Mahomes 5th year, 22 mil cap hit, iirc v TB12

Mahomes - final year of rookie deal vs Garoppolo 5th year

Goff (3rd year) - TB 12

Wentz (2nd year) (yeah, Foles played in and won SB, but the team was paying Wentz as their QB1, not Foles) vs TB12

TB12 v Matt Ryan -- a rare in recent years high-paid vet vs high-paid vet SB matchup

Cam Newton (5th year) v Arch's Uncle

Russell Wilson Athletic Gear (3rd year) v TB12

Russell Wilson Athletic Gear (2nd year) v Arch's Uncle

Colin Kaepernick (2nd year) v TB12

before that you have AA-Ron in his 3rd year as starter on a non-insane deal and Ben Roethlisberger in his 2nd year making and winning the SB, and then making the SB a couple more times during the relatively low cap-hit first chunk of his career and then never making it back after that when Big Ben's cap-hit exploded.

non-outlier paths to the Super Bowl:

Path 1:

a decent (Goff) to potentially great (Russell Wilson Athletic Gear) to great (Mahomes) or even not all that good but a runner (Colin Kaepernick) QB on a cheap rookie deal with the all-important low cap-hit.

Path 2:

A HoF QB you pay like a HoF QB but they are good enough to be worth the cap-hit

paths that don't lead to the Super Bowl? Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Phil Rivers, Joe Flacco on his post SB deal, Ryan Tannehill, Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, Jay Cutler, Alex Smith type QB who a team pays as a franchise QB with the accompanying cap-hit but they aren't good enough for their cannibalizing the team payroll to justify their cap-hit

A QB like Mahomes, who crosses over to both categories, is ideal. But if you can't get a Mahomes, a Wilson/Goff/Wentz (with Foles backing him up) ON THEIR ROOKIE DEALS will do. Or a running QB like Kaepernick in the right offensive scheme and on a rookie deal.

Do the Bears think Fields will someday be a TB12/Manning/Cam Newton at his peak HoF level QB?

If they don't think Fields ceiling is that high, then if you're sticking with Fields and you want a reasonable chance to make the Super Bowl you better be competing for the NFC Championship in the next 2 to 3 seasons. Otherwise you might be better off trading Fields this off-season while his value is at its peak since entering the league and getting a grip of draft picks, or at least a juicy 1st round, Arch Manning draft year pick in return. And then building out the lines & defense before drafting the QB to bring into a ready to win team (or go the Rams route and trade out for a disgruntled vet playing on a shite team on a somewhat cheap deal--stafford was likely a one-off, hail mary by the Rams tho--not a game planned years ahead type move)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brady never broke the bank. That also helped.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:07 pm 

I'd take the Houston QB if he's still there in the 3rd round or later, Tune something? Clayton Tune. Will Levis feels like Zach Wilson 2.0. Hooker's older than Velus Jones and has a bum knee. Hall, who took over for Wilson at BYU--good chance he'll be there in a later round due to the Zach Wilson experience, probably worth a look in the later rounds. A lot of folks like Anthony Richardson, but come on, a Florida QB? Really? Might as well just draft CJ Stroud in that case, if you want a QB guaranteed to under-perform his draft seed.

But, yeah, the 2024 class at least has Caleb Williams, although he's undersized a bit

Last edited by Hussra on Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I have read that there are no top tier guys too, but I am not sure I buy that. I really like the kid from TCU. I also think one of the guys from Tenn and USC have some real potential.

But I would say there will be at least one if not more that will come on out of this class.

But it would be appropriate for a year where the Bears have picks available for no one to really be there.

The WR class may be lackluster, but there should still be guys available who can help the Bears given how bad their receiving corps is. The question is whether or not Poles can find a gem in rounds 2, 3, or 4. Last year's draft was loaded with receiving talent, but we somehow wound up with Velus Jones.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

Full mock draft for the Bears.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/full-7-rou ... 39426.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The Kaepernick approach is the right plan. They were a blown transformer away from a SB win.

Build up the d, improve the OL in FA…average offense with a good defense is a competitive team.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:

RB 2nd round?

I like Mingo, but back to back WR picks?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:25 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:

RB 2nd round?

I like Mingo, but back to back WR picks?

Looks like they're pimping Charbonnet as a pass-catching RB; which could be a smart move for a Fields led team. A RB who can turn around and bail out Fields with an easy reception after pass blocking a bit would be kind of ideal for Fields.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
The Kaepernick approach is the right plan. They were a blown transformer away from a SB win.

Build up the d, improve the OL in FA…average offense with a good defense is a competitive team.

The Bears can solve a lot of their front 7 problems in free agency.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 146  Next