It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
The Missing Link wrote:
It's fair to criticize Fields as he is hardly a "finished product"

The real question is whether you think there is enough there "there" for him to be a really good quarterback. Apparently MANY believe that there is and that's why he will get a little more time (and hopefully weapons) before they will believe that this isn't the case.

He deserves to start next year, but I would like to see a QB drafted in the mid to late rounds.
He will have more talent around him next year and if there is no progression, he's done.

His inability to throw accurately, holding the ball too long, and not "raising" his receivers is troubling.

He's a dynamic player with the ball in his hands but adhering to that style will lead to a short shelf life as a starting quarterback.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Unfortunately for the Bears and their fans, this season has been almost a complete waste as far as Fields goes. The only thing we have learned about Fields is that he's an elite runner. That is the only positive thing we now know. We do NOT know:

If he can be even an adequate passer
If he can lead a team to victory
If he is a smart quarterback
If he can stay healthy, especially given his style

Even if we're willing to give the benefit of the doubt on all of those things, an objective observer would say the prognosis is negative on ALL of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Unfortunately for the Bears and their fans, this season has been almost a complete waste as far as Fields goes. The only thing we have learned about Fields is that he's an elite runner. That is the only positive thing we now know. We do NOT know:

Even if we're willing to give the benefit of the doubt on all of those things, an objective observer would say the prognosis is negative on ALL of them.

Agree . You didnt learn one thing about his ability to play qb this year. Thats why you listen hard to any GM dumb enough to mortgage draft picks and nfl ready players for him .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I think he makes the right reads most of the time, but he doesn't pull the trigger. That concerns me more than his accuracy issues.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
FrankDrebin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

The real question is whether you think there is enough there "there" for him to be a really good quarterback. Apparently MANY believe that there is and that's why he will get a little more time (and hopefully weapons) before they will believe that this isn't the case.

He deserves to start next year, but I would like to see a QB drafted in the mid to late rounds.
He will have more talent around him next year and if there is no progression, he's done.

His inability to throw accurately, holding the ball too long, and not "raising" his receivers is troubling.

He's a dynamic player with the ball in his hands but adhering to that style will lead to a short shelf life as a starting quarterback.

I can think of very few QBs in the history of the game that have ever looked good with a collapsing pocket occurring on virtually every play.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The Missing Link wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I can think of very few QBs in the history of the game that have ever looked good with a collapsing pocket occurring on virtually every play.

Joe Burrow went to a Superbowl with the worst offensive line evahhhhhh. That was literally last season lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:17 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Joe Burrow went to a Superbowl with the worst offensive line evahhhhhh. That was literally last season lol

"Worst ever" means that it was worse than this Bears O-Line? You sure about that guy? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Bengals' Joe Burrow Sacked 70 Times in 2021-2022 Season, 3rd-most in NFL History

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... fl-history

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Agree . You didnt learn one thing about his ability to play qb this year. Thats why you listen hard to any GM dumb enough to mortgage draft picks and nfl ready players for him .

Would you rather have Fields or Young or Stroud? MANY teams looking to trade up may ask that question. I would take Fields over both and I'm not high on Fields.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:31 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Bengals' Joe Burrow Sacked 70 Times in 2021-2022 Season, 3rd-most in NFL History

Those counted Play-off games. Burrows was sacked fewer times during the regular season than Fields has been this season despite playing in more games and dropping back to pass more often.

Hardly the "worst line ever" sort of thing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Those counted Play-off games. Burrows was sacked fewer times during the regular season than Fields has been this season despite playing in more games and dropping back to pass more often.

If you are basing it off of sacks Fields and Wilson are probably always going to be at the top of the list because they hold the ball. Burrow has a quick release. Unfortunately for Burrow, the Bengals spent money this offseason to upgrade the offensive line and it's still bad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:44 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

If you are basing it off of sacks Fields and Wilson are probably always going to be at the top of the list because they hold the ball. Burrow has a quick release. Unfortunately for Burrow, the Bengals spent money this offseason to upgrade the offensive line and it's still bad.

I'm basing it on pure #s. Burrows had 200 more attempts last season than Fields has this season and yet still had fewer sacks than Fields. His line couldn't possibly be worse than Fields with this being the case could it?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

I'm basing it on pure #s. Burrows had 200 more attempts last season than Fields has this season and yet still had fewer sacks than Fields. His line couldn't possibly be worse than Fields with this being the case could it?

Yes, getting rid of the ball quickly leads to fewer sacks. He still got hit though. I believe Burrow is near the top of the league when it comes to having a quick release..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Here is an article of the Bengals suckage

https://theanalyst.com/na/2022/02/the-r ... -bowl-lvi/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:06 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Yes, getting rid of the ball quickly leads to fewer sacks. He still got hit though. I believe Burrow is near the top of the league when it comes to having a quick release..

Yeah but his argument was based on the number of sacks each of the 2 QBs has.

When I look at the Bears I see Fields having to scramble or elude rushers on each and every play. Regardless of whether he happens to hold the ball too long or not. Rarely does he ever have a "clean pocket" from which to throw. He is being bumrushed even when does a simple 3 step drop.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Saw it posted by someone else here, trade Fields his value will never be higher.
Saw that graphic during the game of Fields with Jackson and Vick. What have those 2 won?
Running back playing QB, no thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Nas wrote:
Would you rather have Fields or Young or Stroud? MANY teams looking to trade up may ask that question. I would take Fields over both and I'm not high on Fields.

If they were all the same class/age, maybe Fields but maybe not. I think the fact he's already burned through two years of his rookie contract with nothing to show for it other than a possible rushing record is a big disadvantage. Of course, that's not all on him because of the shit he's been surrounded with.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
We need to see a game where Fields goes something like 28/38 for 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 250 yards and 70 yards rushing. This was the game to do that. 7/21 with seven sacks just screams incompetence. Even if you have Ronald McDonald on your left and Krusty the Klown on your right, you should still get the ball out. Drops/incompletes would be understandable . Swallowing the ball while waiting for something just means you don't know what the fuck you're doing.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:37 pm 

I'd just settle for half a game where I don't see him being run over by an offensive or defensive lineman on every single play.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:48 am 
100000 CLUB

Hoge and Jahns are just about the only people who attempt to be objective with Fields. Their show is usually good.

https://youtu.be/3pzwh1_735M

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:12 am 
1000 CLUB

Fuck. I watched 3 minutes of that.

These fucking media guys are stupid. Hoge said Fields need to play. Needed to finish this Lions game. Reps are valuable.

NO!!!!!

It doesn't mean shit. If he doesn't play next week it won't mean a god damn thing for next year. Not a damn thing. And he shouldn't play next week.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:38 am 
100000 CLUB

You can't simulate game reps. He needs the experience of seeing another team he faced early in the season make adjustments to him. Even on the Football After Show, Briggs and AB talked about his need to continue developing as a passer and stop holding the ball too long.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:00 am 

I honestly can say I hope I am wrong in regards to Fields and I have watched him for the most part every week. I have not seen the growth playing quarterback that you would have hoped to have seen given the reps he has had.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Beardown wrote:
Fuck. I watched 3 minutes of that.

These fucking media guys are stupid. Hoge said Fields need to play. Needed to finish this Lions game. Reps are valuable.

NO!!!!!

It doesn't mean shit. If he doesn't play next week it won't mean a god damn thing for next year. Not a damn thing. And he shouldn't play next week.

This take that he shouldn’t play is ridiculous. Especially after this weeks game. You don’t want THAT game to be what you go into the off-season on. You start him, get him doing what he does best, and try to win a game for the sake of the entire team. After the season is over you make a decision. The bears have a great and rare opportunity in next years draft to get a do-over at the position if that’s what they want but he needs to get out there and try to lead the team, not get shielded. They will being playing a team fighting for something. He needs to go in there against a poor defense and try to fuck their shit up and show his teammates, coaches and fans he can play at this level every chance he gets.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:04 am 
100000 CLUB

He played a defense worse than the Bears yesterday. It wasn't an inclement weather game. Despite being the face of the franchise, he had no interest in being out there. That was a game for him to work on the holes in his game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:11 am 

If he doesnt play next week they are basically saying he isn’t their guy (which is fine), but thinking he should miss an opportunity to play a poor defense in a game that has playoff implications for the Vikings is somehow helping his cause is flat wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:12 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
If he doesnt play next week they are basically saying he isn’t their guy (which is fine), but thinking he should miss an opportunity to play a poor defense in a game that has playoff implications for the Vikings is somehow helping his cause is flat wrong.

How is he not playing a sign that he isnt their guy? I would think the exact opposite.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:16 am 

If I had a qb that can’t effectively throw that I thought was a commodity that another team might want, I’d hesitate to roll him out there again too. Otherwise, get ready to play.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:

How is he not playing a sign that he isnt their guy? I would think the exact opposite.

I'm with Few. Not playing him is an indication he's up for sale. Not that he'll necessarily be traded, but they are open to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:14 pm 

If I had a qb that can’t effectively throw that I thought was a commodity that another team might want, I’d hesitate to roll him out there again too. Otherwise, get ready to play.

Yeah guess I can see that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 146  Next